Hychew
post Jan 20 2013, 10:08 PM

7 posts

Poly Propylene Random-copolymer
JinXXX
post Jan 20 2013, 10:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,513 posts

QUOTE(marineblue911 @ Jan 20 2013, 01:36 PM)
Thks for all the info. BTW, what is PPR pipes?

Cheers
copy paste " PPR pipes" into google and click on search
TSmarineblue911
post Jan 21 2013, 06:25 PM

11 posts

Thks for the info.

Honestly, it looks very much like PVC pipes. I will go and hv a look tonight to see if I can make out any specifications on it to tell me its PPR pipes. Even the joints look like normal PVC.

http://www.gate-operators.com/ppr.html

Cheers
skng03
post Jan 21 2013, 10:52 PM

Regular
1,450 posts

QUOTE(marineblue911 @ Jan 21 2013, 06:25 PM)
Thks for the info.

Honestly, it looks very much like PVC pipes. I will go and hv a look tonight to see if I can make out any specifications on it to tell me its PPR pipes.  Even the joints look like normal PVC.

http://www.gate-operators.com/ppr.html

Cheers
PVC pipe = grey color
ABS pipe = blue color

PP-R pipe = beige color, joint must use special heating tool to melt then join, see pics...
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
*CG*
post Jan 22 2013, 02:57 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

Deleted.

This post has been edited by *CG*: Jan 22 2013, 02:58 PM
PJusa
post Jan 22 2013, 10:41 PM

Regular
1,969 posts

if you are looking at alternatives to copper try buteline.com.my - i use their system. it's very good so far. uses clamping system which is easy to check and use and the pipes can be easily repaired. hot water also no issue.
petlu28
post Sep 3 2013, 02:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,935 posts

what means solder the joint?

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 19 2013, 10:35 PM)
I would prefer cooper for easy work. And solder the joint. Not compression fitting. Solder joint more tough, not easy leak and smaller fitting.

To prevent heat lost, cover the pipe with insulation.
blanket84
post Aug 4 2020, 09:46 PM

Regular
1,499 posts

QUOTE(PJusa @ Jan 22 2013, 10:41 PM)
if you are looking at alternatives to copper try buteline.com.my - i use their system. it's very good so far. uses clamping system which is easy to check and use and the pipes can be easily repaired. hot water also no issue.
Hi brother/uncle,

I need your advice here. I am planning to installed hot water storage tank with copper piping. But then my contractor's plumber told me that copper piping easily leaks due to compression fittings that they normally use. Then he recommended me PB pipes instead, which I guess the same material as you're using.

Since your post is already 7 years, may I know how you hot water pipes is holding up now? Any problem encountered since you're using them?

The alternatives given to me were PB or Aluminium. Both are cheaper than copper. I haven't done much research since I just get the "news" this evening. I would appreciate if you can give some feedback.

Thanks.

PJusa
post Aug 4 2020, 10:16 PM

Regular
1,969 posts

QUOTE(blanket84 @ Aug 4 2020, 09:46 PM)
Hi brother/uncle,

I need your advice here. I am planning to installed hot water storage tank with copper piping. But then my contractor's plumber told me that copper piping easily leaks due to compression fittings that they normally use. Then he recommended me PB pipes instead, which I guess the same material as you're using.

Since your post is already 7 years, may I know how you hot water pipes is holding up now? Any problem encountered since you're using them?

The alternatives given to me were PB or Aluminium. Both are cheaper than copper. I haven't done much research since I just get the "news" this evening. I would appreciate if you can give some feedback.

Thanks.
Go for PB no regrets. Pipes are flexible (easy to repair), no noise and have an immediate seal (once clamped they either leak right away or pretty much never). Best decision ever. Using it for hot and cold water.
blanket84
post Aug 5 2020, 12:44 AM

Regular
1,499 posts

QUOTE(PJusa @ Aug 4 2020, 10:16 PM)
Go for PB no regrets. Pipes are flexible (easy to repair), no noise and have an immediate seal (once clamped they either leak right away or pretty much never). Best decision ever. Using it for hot and cold water.
Thank you. I guess I will proceed with PB pipes then..
PJusa
post Aug 5 2020, 09:03 AM

Regular
1,969 posts

QUOTE(blanket84 @ Aug 5 2020, 12:44 AM)
Thank you. I guess I will proceed with PB pipes then..
be sure you keep the special clamp tool if possible. just in case you need to repair anything. without the clamp you cant do anything.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:48 PM