Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Asasi Pintar under UKM

cutexiah
post Jan 16 2013, 09:17 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Is any of the users here actually been through Asasi Pintar in UKM?
I saw this in UPU and this foundation programme by UKM started since 2010.
Couldn't find much info's about it except that :

1) the registration fee is around RM1K.
2)Minimum 6A's
3)1 year duration (2 Sem)
4)After entering , you will need to go through 3 test
5)Combination of Sains Hayat and Sains Fizikal
6)Only For Science Stream students
7) Must get at least an A for BM ,BI, Bio/Phy , Chem , Add Maths , Maths (6 subjects)

Anyone could tell us more detail regarding Asasi Pintar? I heard UKM teaches everything in Malay! All courses are in Malay. Is it true?

I'm considering this. I want to take Chemical Engineering for Degree if I take this asasi.

cr : http://ema-mel0dy.blogspot.com/2012/02/apa...asi-pintar.html

This post has been edited by cutexiah: Jan 16 2013, 09:50 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
reconnaissance
post Jan 16 2013, 09:21 PM

Hero Prodigy
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(cutexiah @ Jan 16 2013, 09:17 PM)
Is any of the users here actually been through Asasi Pintar in UKM?
I saw this in UPU and this foundation programme by UKM started since 2010.
Couldn't find much info's about it except that :

1) the registration fee is around RM1K.
2)Minimum 6A's
3)1 year duration (2 Sem)
4)After entering , you will need to go through 3 test
5)Combination of Sains Hayat and Sains Fizikal
6)Only For Science Stream students
7) Must get at least an A for BM ,BI, Bio/Phy , Chem , Add Maths , Maths (6 subjects)
Anyone could tell us more detail regarding Asasi Pintar?

I'm considering this. I want to take Chemical Engineering for Degree if I take this asasi.
cr : http://ema-mel0dy.blogspot.com/2012/02/apa...asi-pintar.html
Yes, an aptitude test is required to enter this.
Basically, this is the Foundation programme for UKM. However, under the PermataPintar project, which emphasize on the geniuses of the nation, this foundation is said to be much more rigorous with the syllabi consisting that of the GCE A Level and Collegeboard Advanced Placement.
Generally, this is just a foundation / asasi for UKM. Do note it is much more difficult in rigour and syllabi, and even the admission requires additional aptitude tests.

What do you want to know specifically?

This post has been edited by reconnaissance: Jan 16 2013, 09:21 PM
+Quote Post
cutexiah
post Jan 16 2013, 09:25 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(reconnaissance @ Jan 16 2013, 09:21 PM)
Yes, an aptitude test is required to enter this.
Basically, this is the Foundation programme for UKM. However, under the PermataPintar project, which emphasize on the geniuses of the nation, this foundation is said to be much more rigorous with the syllabi consisting that of the GCE A Level and Collegeboard Advanced Placement.
Generally, this is just a foundation / asasi for UKM. Do note it is much more difficult in rigour and syllabi, and even the admission requires additional aptitude tests.

What do you want to know specifically?
I though there is no test required to enter. as long you get minimum 6A's is what they say.
I think I already know what I should know to enter.

I just want to hear experiences from ppl who used to take Asasi Pintar. There isn't much I could find. cry.gif

And how about the accomodation? I heard there's a hostel dedicated to asasi pintar students?
and about JPA giving scholarships for asasi pintar students?? rclxub.gif
+Quote Post
phytoxz
post Jan 19 2013, 08:05 PM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(cutexiah @ Jan 16 2013, 09:25 PM)
I though there is no test required to enter. as long you get  minimum 6A's is what they say.
I think I already know what I should know to enter.

I just want to hear experiences from ppl who used to take Asasi Pintar. There isn't much I could find. cry.gif

And how about the accomodation? I heard there's a hostel dedicated to asasi pintar students?
and about JPA giving scholarships for asasi pintar students??  rclxub.gif
I'm under asasi pintar 2012/2013. soon graduate. To be honest, asasi pintar is a good place for those good students who loves all sciences and math, e.g. LOGIC (IMO style) adn basic calculus. Asasi pintar is the best foundation for all non bumis especially those who wish to pursue a career in medic/bio science/dentistry because their biology syllabus is modified from biology a, b of college board advance placement program. For physics lover, their physics syllabus is much lease than matriculation, which in the end, you wil have to study ur own for some chapter. (e.g. fundamentals of quantum physics, fluid mechanics, simple harmonic waves not in syllabus). And then don't aspect lecturers to use English in teaching, they have courses like jati diri and kepimpinan which require u to use Malay fully. If i'm not mistaken, first sem you have to take 7 courses, which every course u take will take into consideration of ur cgpa. It is not like matric, which onli, take those core courses into consideration in cgpa. It sometimes hurt ur cgpa a bit !!!

You ned to submit a research paper also at the end of the course.!!! By the way, would you help me to accomplish my research project by answering the questionnaire at the following site? it is about cell phone usage and user's behavior.
http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=vhirbdqxlatgzev33604

We live in a completely new hostel in the forest of UKM(jusz kidding, but very near forest!!!!) . They do not accept many students, but u should advice all ur non bumi friend who wish to study locally ( NO JPA interview to go overseas, No JPA sponsor Juz KPT foundation scholarship like asasi UPM) to apply. U can have a chance to participate in some national competition and events( Rosmah coming). Transportation is sh** nowadays, but until ur batch it might get beetr !! yawn.gif rclxub.gif

Dpn't be afraid, JUZ ASK THE WORLD TO apply this program! If u are rejected, juz email those admission people and ask them if there are any empty spaces in A.P., coz eventually people get MARA scholarships and get out of this place!

Don't afraid to ask me . I'll answer you shortly. Currently applying for UKM and ***.

+Quote Post
thisblankspace
post Mar 9 2013, 10:44 PM

Getting Started

I hope this isnt a dumb question but I want to take a degree in psychology. Is asasi pintar a smart choice? I dont mind studying locally and things like that.
+Quote Post
yentengh
post Mar 26 2013, 06:38 PM

Group: New Member

actually what is asasi pintar? i really have no idea about it. i wanted to study dietetics in UKM. but for UPU scholarship they only show this. can someone help me ?
+Quote Post
Firdausfiore
post Mar 28 2013, 07:41 PM

Boleh tumpang tanya , antara asasi pintar dengan asasi pzerubatan mana satu lebih baik ???
+Quote Post
LIZZIE^^
post Apr 23 2013, 08:45 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(phytoxz @ Jan 19 2013, 09:05 PM)
I'm under asasi pintar 2012/2013. soon graduate. To be honest, asasi pintar is a good place for those good students who loves all sciences and math, e.g. LOGIC (IMO style) adn basic calculus. Asasi pintar is the best foundation for all non bumis especially those who wish to pursue a career in medic/bio science/dentistry because their biology syllabus is modified from biology a, b of college board advance placement program. For physics lover, their physics syllabus is much lease than matriculation, which in the end, you wil have to study ur own for some chapter. (e.g. fundamentals of quantum physics, fluid mechanics, simple harmonic waves not in syllabus). And then don't aspect lecturers to use English in teaching, they have courses like jati diri and kepimpinan which require u to use Malay fully.  If i'm not mistaken, first sem you have to take 7 courses, which every course u take will take into consideration of ur cgpa. It is not like matric, which onli, take those core courses into consideration in cgpa. It sometimes hurt ur cgpa a bit !!!

You ned to submit a research paper also at the end of the course.!!! By the way, would you help me to accomplish my research project by answering the questionnaire at the following site? it is about cell phone usage and user's behavior.
We live in a completely new hostel in the forest of UKM(jusz kidding, but very near forest!!!!) . They do not accept many students, but u should advice all ur non bumi friend who wish to study locally ( NO JPA interview to go overseas, No JPA sponsor Juz KPT foundation scholarship like asasi UPM) to apply. U can have a chance to participate in some national competition and events( Rosmah coming). Transportation is sh** nowadays, but until ur batch it might get beetr !! yawn.gif  rclxub.gif

Dpn't be afraid, JUZ ASK THE WORLD TO apply this program! If u are rejected, juz email those admission people and ask them if there are any empty spaces in A.P., coz eventually people get MARA scholarships and get out of this place! 

Don't afraid to ask me . I'll answer you shortly. Currently applying for UKM and ***.
all courses will be taught in MALAY, or juz for only certain subjects like jati diri????
+Quote Post
Katekyo hitman
post Apr 23 2013, 09:02 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(phytoxz @ Jan 19 2013, 08:05 PM)
I'm under asasi pintar 2012/2013. soon graduate. To be honest, asasi pintar is a good place for those good students who loves all sciences and math, e.g. LOGIC (IMO style) adn basic calculus. Asasi pintar is the best foundation for all non bumis especially those who wish to pursue a career in medic/bio science/dentistry because their biology syllabus is modified from biology a, b of college board advance placement program. For physics lover, their physics syllabus is much lease than matriculation, which in the end, you wil have to study ur own for some chapter. (e.g. fundamentals of quantum physics, fluid mechanics, simple harmonic waves not in syllabus). And then don't aspect lecturers to use English in teaching, they have courses like jati diri and kepimpinan which require u to use Malay fully.  If i'm not mistaken, first sem you have to take 7 courses, which every course u take will take into consideration of ur cgpa. It is not like matric, which onli, take those core courses into consideration in cgpa. It sometimes hurt ur cgpa a bit !!!

We live in a completely new hostel in the forest of UKM(jusz kidding, but very near forest!!!!) . They do not accept many students, but u should advice all ur non bumi friend who wish to study locally ( NO JPA interview to go overseas, No JPA sponsor Juz KPT foundation scholarship like asasi UPM) to apply. U can have a chance to participate in some national competition and events( Rosmah coming). Transportation is sh** nowadays, but until ur batch it might get beetr !! yawn.gif  rclxub.gif

What is the *** up there? blink.gif

+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

> Find Us on Facebook

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0560sec    4.01    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 12:34 PM