Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Customize PC for high performance 3D Render - HELP, Update me if there's best combination

views

TristanX
post Jan 27 2013, 04:17 PM

Where is my stars?
Group Icon
Elite
23,670 posts

There is another option if you can afford it.

Core i7 3930K (6 core) - RM1749
Gigabyte X79-UD3 motherboard - RM779
Kingston 8GB DDR3-1600 x2 - RM268
FSP Hexa 500W power supply - RM149

Oh yeah, Coolermaster GX is a crap PSU. Only GX Bronze is decent.
Abd Salam
post Feb 15 2013, 04:58 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(DarkSilver @ Jan 26 2013, 12:07 PM)
No, they didn't explain how the software works at all.
And, you're WRONG about 3D Rendering. I already explained how it works with the hardware on those posts above.

Quadro/FirePro are still weaker in 3D Rendering(assume you're using a GPU Renderer) compared to GeForce/Radeon. Because Quadro/FirePro have lesser CORES compared to GeForce/Radeon.
3D Rendering(assume you're using a GPU Renderer) is faster with more CORES instead of any other things.
And, usually most RENDERERS do not use Graphic Card at all. So, getting a very expensive Graphic Card(Quadro/FirePro GPUs can cost over RM 10000) for 3D Rendering is more or less USELESS.

Hi, my comment on gpu rendering

I've got 1st hand experience using firepro or quadro, as far as i can tell both they both perform in favor of the right application in the right generation. As both provided software like 3ds max performance driver.

If you are planning to use 3ds max 2013 then chances are you have to use the latest model of workstation gpu.
The Quadro k5000 or the Firepro W series are your best bet.

Im stuck at using quadro 4000 on 3ds max /2009/2010 and when i shift to 3ds 2011 my viewport screen slows down like hell.

If youre planning to use nitrous (new feature available on 3ds max 2012/2013), Suggest you go for nvidia with Cuda technology which has much advantage in nitrous, i-ray even v-ray rt (best accelarated by gpu) and while at it find the one with big rams in it.

On the downside the current Kepler Architecture gpu (the 600 series) do have some trouble on i-ray and vray rt. Occurred since 5 months ago. I believe they have resolved this with the latest 3ds max patch. Haven't test it yet.

So to be safe, go for fermi architecture gpu (the 500 series). Which is sometimes performs better than the Kepler's.
But if your wallet/s is/are thick enough, you can go for the latest Quadros which somewhat whopping price at Rm 7000 for the k5000 model.

I do have another system using dual gtx275 and worked fine on 3ds max 2013. I can say this the 200 series was the best consumer base gpu that worked on professional app such as 3ds max.

This just my two cents..

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0112sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:04 PM