Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Klang Valley property prices fell in Q2&Q3 2012 V9, Is this just the beginning of a plunge?

views

accetera
post Jan 14 2013, 03:30 PM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

Somehow, newly-launch and upcoming new property prices did not fell.

In fact, if you see the other threads, prices have been revised upwards and yet people are buying. Example: Kiara Residence 2.
accetera
post Jan 14 2013, 04:10 PM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

Anyway was wondering which KLCC property price fell the most?

I got 2 friends from SG quite keen in investing in KL CBD. One of them already had Sentral which is doing pretty ok.

(actually was thinking The Manhattan at around RM1,400+ psf is quite a good buy comparing to other new ones in the area)

This post has been edited by accetera: Jan 14 2013, 04:16 PM
accetera
post Jan 14 2013, 06:13 PM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

Waiting list sumore. I've got some friends who went to see the preview over the weekend.

QUOTE(wba1889 @ Jan 14 2013, 04:31 PM)
The Effingham @ Bandar Utama

Balloting 12-18/1 . 10-6pm. RM4.5 M to RM9M

So expensive
This post has been edited by accetera: Jan 14 2013, 06:14 PM
accetera
post Jan 14 2013, 09:15 PM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

A comment from Iskandar thread in another forum:

QUOTE(glenj;99166854)
Yes, that would be nice, but unfortunately there probably just isn't a demand for office space yet. The way i see it, the demand for JB apartments and other residentials is much higher compared to office space probably because such demand is driven by : (i) S'pore residents seeking to live in JB due to the lower cost-of-living or attraction of a lifestyle; (ii) S'poreans seeking somewhere to park their money to hedge against inflation; (iii) employees of industries/businesses that have moved to JB from S'pore due to lower costs.

Well, who knows, with more S'pore businesses and industries shifting to Johor (think for eg, the Ascendas industrial park, Peter Lim's Vantage Bay etc to name just a few biggies), the demand for downstream businesses/services will grow correspondingly, and the next wave will see the office sector start to take off.

Who is Ascendas? Why a big deal when they signed with UEM?

Ascendas, a GLC company of the Government of Singapore, is currently in the process of commencing construction of Phase 1 Ascendas Iskandar Malaysia, one of its largest industrial estate when completed.

http://www.ascendas.com/english/aboutAscen...index.asp?aid=1

Ascendas is Asia’s leading provider of business space solutions with more than 30 years of experience across the region. Based in Singapore, Ascendas has built a strong regional presence and serves a global clientele of over 2,400 customers in 33 cities across 10 countries including Singapore, China, India, South Korea and Australia.

Ascendas specializes in masterplanning, developing, managing and marketing IT parks, industrial & logistics parks, business parks, science parks, hi-tech facilities, office and retail space for a host of industries. Leveraging on its track record and experience, Ascendas has introduced new business space concepts such as integrated communities and solutions which seamlessly combine high-quality business, lifestyle, retail and hotel spaces to create conducive human-centric work-live-play-learn environments. Its flagship projects include the Singapore Science Park, International Tech Park Bangalore in India, Dalian-Ascendas IT Park in China and Carmelray Industrial Park II in the Philippines. Ascendas provides end-to-end real estate solutions, assisting corporate customers through the entire real estate process.

Our flagship projects include :
•Singapore Science Park
•International Tech Park, Bangalore, India
•Dalian Ascendas IT Park, China
•Carmelray Industrial Park II, Laguna, Philippines

Ascendas' portfolio of listed and private real estate funds include:

Listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange:
•Ascendas Real Estate Investment Trust (A-REIT)
•Ascendas India Trust (a-iTrust)
•Ascendas Hospitality Trust (A-HTRUST)

Private Real Estate Funds:
•Ascendas Korea Office Fund (A-KOF)
•Ascendas Korea Office Fund (A-KOF 2)
•Ascendas Office Private Real Estate Investment Trust 1
•Ascendas India Development Trust (AIDT)
•Ascendas ASEAN Business Space Fund
•Ascendas China Commercial Fund (ACCF)
•Ascendas China Industrial & Business Parks Fund (ACIBPF)

This post has been edited by accetera: Jan 14 2013, 09:27 PM
accetera
post Jan 14 2013, 09:52 PM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

Johor's future will depend on people like Ascendas and Petronas.

I've have been to Singapore Science Park (managed by Ascendas) and totally awe-inspired. Has the largest biomedical facility in Southeast Asia and complexes are also training grounds for the National University of Singapore (NUS).

It is an awesome industrial park full with world class R&D and business centers for Global Companies. Alot of big names have their big secrets there... such as the latest polymer testing compound facility by Exxon Chemicals and Sony Research institute is also there. Others like Pfizer Southeast Asia headquarters, Novartis research centre for tropical diseases, GlaxoSMithKline R&D, John Hopkins Genetics Laboratory Asia, etc... laugh.gif

It also has links with the US Market Access Center of Silicon Valley and the Tsinghua Science Park of China.

Now I wonder if Ascendas can bring some of their over 2,500 international clients to their latest "large" technology park in Iskandar? laugh.gif

Official press release >>> http://www.ascendas.com/images_common/cms/...ar_Malaysia.pdf

This post has been edited by accetera: Jan 14 2013, 10:10 PM
accetera
post Jan 14 2013, 10:35 PM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

QUOTE(siakap5 @ Jan 14 2013, 10:12 PM)
Depends on petronas? petronas is a big sucker n depends very much on mat salleh technology. Sorry to say petronas is lucky due to malaysia has  some natural gas....... they r just like the arabs waiting the american sucks all n vanish. Petronas is not competant at all. Depends on petronas is not a good as they are just suckers n once the resources finish they are goner.similar to proton. Very unrelaiable.
The Petronas' RAPID project RM60 billion in gdv. Not forgeting we are building another 4 or 5 more petroleum/marine-related complex in Johor - two of which belonged to DIALOG Group.

Petronas has tonnes of money, rather they invest in Canada, UK, etc it will be good if they channel some within Malaysia - example the RAPID project. It has started construction.

I'm working with the world's largest oilfield services company, I can tell you there is gonna be a string of MNCs in oil/gas coming to Msia. Companies like our major global competitor Halliburton has set up manufacturing facility in Senai, Iskandar Malaysia

Halliburton Technology Manufacturing @ Technology Science Park II , Johor
user posted image

For Malaysia, the oil industry is just about to begin to see an uptrend.

If they come fast, it is a tradition that Foreign Oil/Gas Companies with direct link with Petronas Supply Chain (tens of thousands of vendors/contractors they have) must maintain a main office near KLCC. Explaining why KL city has many oil/gas firms today whereas some other firms can move out their offices elsewhere. Petronas has also guaranteed to rent all of Tower 3 Petronas from KLCC Holdings due to expansion of Carigali etc. http://announcements.bursamalaysia.com/edm...20PETRONAS).pdf

This post has been edited by accetera: Jan 14 2013, 10:52 PM
accetera
post Jan 14 2013, 11:32 PM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

Oil/gas industry is very complex. It is not about just selling petrol to you - that is only Petronas Dagangan's retailing arm (excluding lubricants and other downstream stuffs).

Petronas like other producers have thousands of subsidiaries and each involved in a specific activity - especially those in upstream. The largest revenue for Petronas comes from Carigali - it's exploration and production arm. Within upstream only, the cost of handling oil-well is very RISKY and very expensive, not to mention the human labor charges, IT, tools, technology, chemicals, solutions, marine vessels and transportation, etc needed to support. Btw Petronas also has huge investments and huge derivatives in oil/LNG trade (for its exports) - and normally capital intensive projects will drain the company money.

And the worst part is Petronas has big presence in unstable countries like Sudan, Libya and Iraq. And many more joint ventures that it entered around the world - imagine the cost of Progress Energy of Canada that it bought for US$5.3 billion didn't work out.

Anything goes unfortunate or a big wrong and that is Bye Bye to Petronas. Examples are like British Petroleum (BP) and the recent cases of CNOOC, Gazprom, etc. Accounting wise, alot of provisions in this industry, risk exposures and judgmental calculations that may go wrong, not to mention about 50,000 staffs and 50,000 vendors waiting for Petronas to pay high income. HAHA.

For those wanting to know where around the world are Petronas' exploration/production oil blocs.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Engineers of Petronas from these countries will come to Malaysia from time to time. They need a place to stay in KL!!!

This post has been edited by accetera: Jan 14 2013, 11:48 PM
accetera
post Jan 15 2013, 12:11 AM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

Just curous,

In the event of Crash, will you pick up? If yes, then which area will you pick up?

Btw S P Setia will launch Battersea of London in KL this weekend to coincide their special event for the now 90% sold out Vogues Suites One at KL Eco City. Due to good response even before the foundation is completed, KL Eco City will launch Serviced Apartments block soon.

QUOTE(noblebaby @ Jan 9 2013, 09:43 AM)
Dear Valued Customer,

As a gesture of appreciation to our valued buyers, we are having a gathering to usher in the newly-opened Setia International Centre.

Apart from serving exquisite refreshments, you will get to see Vogue Suites One show units and other distinct projects of S P Setia's local and international properties including Setia Eco Sanctuary (Singapore), Fulton Lane (Melbourne) and Battersea Power Station (London).

You will also be glad to know that we are taking registration for the serviced apartments to be launched under the new Setia Hotel & Residences brand.

Details of the event are as follows:-
Date    : 20th January 2013 (Sunday)
Time   : 10am - 6pm
Venue : Setia International Centre
Lot 215, Pantai Baru, Jalan Bangsar, 59200, Kuala Lumpur
(Please click here to view the location map)

*Refreshments will be served.

Come and join us on that day. RSVP before 15 January 2013 with:-
KL Tan                         019-371 9666/ kokloong.tan@spsetia.com.my
Yvonne Thoo               016-376 6300/ yeewan.thoo@spsetia.com.my
This post has been edited by accetera: Jan 15 2013, 12:16 AM
accetera
post Jan 15 2013, 09:43 AM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

Singapore Property Market is As Good As Ever:

The night before Singapore announced its new regulations.

At the launch of La Fiesta near Sengkang MRT in Singapore. The development has 13 blocks of 15-storey condominiums.

user posted image

Sengkang is a New Town area - northeast of Singapore.

Early bird price starts from SGD550k for 1 bedroom, SGD810k for 2 bedrooms, SGD935k for 3 bedrooms and SGD1,200 for 4 bedroom.

Courtesy of PropertyTalk & Lifestyle Singapore
http://www.facebook.com/groups/170564546380585/

This post has been edited by accetera: Jan 15 2013, 09:53 AM
accetera
post Jan 15 2013, 10:59 AM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

ForestHill Damansara is now 80% sold according to a forumer in the thread. Quite surprising.

I think the Property Market is down abit due to the wait strategy ahead of the General Elections. As I mentioned, this was exactly the case end of 2007 to 2008. Then 6 months after the GE we shall see "something".
accetera
post Jan 15 2013, 01:10 PM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

QUOTE(Claire Sylar @ Jan 15 2013, 11:35 AM)
i am looking at Koi Prima & Aurora...both from the same developer.  icon_question.gif
any comment?  icon_question.gif
Hi Claire... do abit of research on that project (in their respective thread) and pls go ahead if you feel everything OK and more importantly pay a visit to the development/sales office and decide after that.

Just don't be influenced by some of the commentaries here. tongue.gif
accetera
post Jan 15 2013, 04:50 PM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

Setia Sky 88 Tower 2 New Launch

Don't know how true this is... though is not related to Klang Valley but c'mon somewhere else in Malaysia is now selling MINIMUM from RM1,720+ per sq ft already....

user posted image
accetera
post Jan 15 2013, 11:17 PM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

It has been so long since I'm free after yearend closing. Now I'm personally proposing:

boy and girls are welcomed to:

Greater KL Future Yumcha Breakfast-Lunch (no not official PTLM event yet)

Date: This Saturday, 19.01.2013
Venue: to be decided
TIme: 12 Noon
Guest: Since this is not PTLM event, no special guest invited.
Agenda: No agenda. I'm not realty agent. Just to get to know ppl. Also not cupid session this time. LOL
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/115179435202482/
Compilation of Developments for KL (still ongoing): http://www.patchay.com/p/kuala-lumpur-urba...velopments.html

Who is free to chit chat chit chat kosong? Any topics also will do.

Previous PTLM gathering invite threads:
- http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1709602/all
- http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1691689/all

This post has been edited by accetera: Jan 15 2013, 11:25 PM
accetera
post Jan 16 2013, 01:56 AM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

Kuala Lumpur versus Penang versus Iskandar (Johor)

YB Lim Guan Eng has mentioned many times that Penang has the potential to beat Iskandar and eventually becoming a better city than KL.

Now, Malaysia's Penang Metropolis joins the construction boom with more than 100 new planned projects.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by accetera: Jan 16 2013, 01:58 AM
accetera
post Jan 16 2013, 12:53 PM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

Many good points that I'm going to talk if you guys coming for lunch:

1. Property investment is for long term gain.

2. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION is still the key factor.

3. If you think location is right, price is right, home is right, you can lock-in the home you want to stay. You must have comfort with the home you buy.

4. For investments, you must have holding power and cashflow is OK with stable income. Don't over-geared. Weak investors with alot of obligations should not commit.

5. If you have holding power, if there is a dip in property, you'll still make up the losses eventually (doesn't apply to places like Bukit Beruntung, etc). Historical chart shows recovery begins after 1 year from major dip.

6. Asking whether property prices will be 50% cut is like asking whether Chicken Rice can drop to RM2.50 per person.

7. If there is a dip, property developers would rather not launch new projects rather than cutting prices. Major developers can afford to hold back their projects on the land they already owned.

8. Land cost is increasing. Construction cost is increasing. Part and parcel of inflationary pressures as long as GDP expands. Property prices is unlikely to see a major dip like in 1997.

9. The determinant factor in 2013 is the outcome of the General Elections. If environment is stable, no chaos, no racism battle, and economy is doing OK, we can ride a new tide.

This post has been edited by accetera: Jan 16 2013, 12:55 PM
accetera
post Jan 16 2013, 02:39 PM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

QUOTE(nScRoX @ Jan 16 2013, 02:17 PM)
lol later forks, spoons, cups, plates flying everywhere no good la lol
No flying.. and no debate. Just chit chat...

Was thinking of these places:

1. CoffeeSociete Solaris Dutamas
2. Departure Lounge Solaris MK
3. PappaRich
accetera
post Jan 16 2013, 06:16 PM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

OMG... I'm feeling that I'm very lucky. Thanks to my parents for their forward-thinking like teaching me investing in property is like saving money for a better use for future.

I'm just a normal employee and just turned 25 y/o... and talking about multiple properties, knowing some people here and there, and talking about Bolehland economy and stuffs. LOL

Lastly you need not LISTEN! LISTEN! to property gurus when we have such insightful sharing here from everyone... and LISTEN! anyone up for the Sat brunch/lunch?

1. accetera
2. ...
3. ...

This post has been edited by accetera: Jan 16 2013, 06:19 PM
accetera
post Jan 16 2013, 09:06 PM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

QUOTE(hazairi @ Jan 16 2013, 06:43 PM)
Try go to iproperty and search for Nautica Lake suite bandar sunway. Tonnes of units being auctioned...
The auction units is because the Korean investor has defaulted... i think was mentioned in Sunway GEO thread as well.

Scary also if you selling to Foreigner because nowadays does not mean Foreigner got money wei. I think Malaysians got more money than alot of foreigners these days... latest news: MAHB-YTL in final bid for London Stansted Airport.

This post has been edited by accetera: Jan 16 2013, 09:07 PM
accetera
post Jan 17 2013, 12:55 PM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

Btw, nobody interested in da chilling lunch? HAhaha
accetera
post Jan 17 2013, 05:48 PM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Venue: CoffeeSociete, Solaris Dutamas
Time: 12 NOON
(my no. 0-1-7-3-03-31-87)

Come come join me... all are welcomed. (this is not formal or PTLM event)

I'll try to talk about the 9 points I wrote... and the 10th point which is Buying Undervalued Properties in a Desirable Location.

The more the market is going down, the more developer will throw their products to your face. Many new launches in the pipeline including a new residential concept (2nd residential offering) to be revealed at KL Eco City this weekend. I-Bhd has also submitted final development plan for its KLCC project now - launching soon. And many more...

QUOTE(truly_malaysian @ Jan 17 2013, 04:26 PM)
KM1 EAST @ BUKIT JALIL BY BERJAYA
Special preview on Jan 19 & 20, 2013 at Berjaya's Bukit Jalil Property Gallery.
Price : 1.06m (min) to 2.693m (max)
5% rebate during preview.
DIBS during construction period.
Legal fees for S&P borne by developer.
This post has been edited by accetera: Jan 17 2013, 05:50 PM

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0424sec    0.47    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:46 PM