Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Right Brain Training for Baby/Kids, Sichida vs Heguru vs Doman

views

TSarthurlwf
post Jan 11 2013, 03:13 PM, updated 12y ago

Look at all my stars!!
2,546 posts

Have any forumer sent their baby/kids to Right Brain Training classes?
Wondering...
1) Is it worth it sending baby/kids to such class?
2) How much is the fees?
3) How long is the class?
4) How old was ya baby/kids when you send for the class?

Also, is it possible if I were to purchase flash cards instead?? (e.g. http://www.brillbaby.com)
Feel free to share if there are other type of classes offer for baby/kids

Thanks

Sichida
http://www.shichidamethod.com/

here are some result from sichida

Doman
Unable to find any website that offer classes on Doman technique

Heguru
http://www.heguru.com.my/

This post has been edited by arthurlwf: Jan 13 2013, 11:30 PM
Kasumie
post Jan 11 2013, 09:28 PM

On my way
613 posts

1) I did not send my baby to the class so cant comment much.but very subjective. some said worth it, can see how the kid behave, some say no.

2)I did research on the classes on Schida and Heguru. both about the same. they enroll in as by semester like college. If i did not recalled wrongly, about 2.2k to 2.4k per semester (3 semster/year) monthly at about 500 plus.

3)The class is conducted on every week. As for Schida, classes on Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun. but only go for one day class per week. you can choose which day to go. Sat and Sun classes are higher fees as about 100 to 200. I heard for a kid to see the results or improvement, it usually better to folllow up the course for about 2years.

4) You can send ur baby as early as 6months. But bear in mind that the waiting list is long. you have to register and put ur name there. coz each classes only for like 3 to 4 kids max.so classes n instructor very limited.

I did considered to send my baby there but considering the fees is so high. every month about 600 and need to add up travel cost as well as time. coz you need to at least have one parent or someone to be with the kid to attend the class. when ure home, you need to practice with the kid as well so have to attend the class.
kmoh4346
post Jan 12 2013, 02:09 AM

Casual
323 posts

QUOTE(Kasumie @ Jan 11 2013, 09:28 PM)
1) I did not send my baby to the class so cant comment much.but very subjective. some said worth it, can see how the kid behave, some say no.

2)I did research on the classes on Schida and Heguru. both about the same. they enroll in as by semester like college. If i did not recalled wrongly, about 2.2k to 2.4k per semester (3 semster/year) monthly at about 500 plus.

3)The class is conducted on every week. As for Schida, classes on Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun. but only go for one day class per week. you can choose which day to go. Sat and Sun classes are higher fees as about 100 to 200. I heard for a kid to see the results or improvement, it usually better to folllow up the course for about 2years.

4) You can send ur baby as early as 6months. But bear in mind that the waiting list is long. you have to register and put ur name there. coz each classes only for like 3 to 4 kids max.so classes n instructor very limited.

I did considered to send my baby there but considering the fees is so high. every month about 600 and need to add up travel cost as well as time. coz you need to at least have one parent or someone to be with the kid to attend the class. when ure home, you need to practice with the kid as well so have to attend the class.
Have anyone here manage to yield results after sending to these programs?
SUSUpCar
post Jan 12 2013, 10:15 AM

Regular
1,612 posts

my youngest is at sichida now at bandar utama centerpoint. all i can say is, they are not cheap. professional, hmmm.... perhaps. development of the brain is more for 1 year onwards. i sent mine in at 10 months. just about right i suppose. too young wont learn anything.

have to pay before even confirm got class space. and man the waiting list is like ......fuiyoh super long.

TSarthurlwf
post Jan 13 2013, 11:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,546 posts

QUOTE(UpCar @ Jan 12 2013, 10:15 AM)
my youngest is at sichida now at bandar utama centerpoint. all i can say is, they are not cheap. professional, hmmm.... perhaps. development of the brain is more for 1 year onwards. i sent mine in at 10 months. just about right i suppose. too young wont learn anything.

have to pay before even confirm got class space. and man the waiting list is like ......fuiyoh super long.
how long has ya child gone through sichida?
Not mistaken, one of the parent have to accompany the child... and what do you do in the centre??
and do you see any result??
fiseel
post Apr 21 2015, 11:03 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(UpCar @ Jan 12 2013, 10:15 AM)

Hello, how do you find schida class? Can u see the result on your kid already?
SUSUpCar
post Apr 22 2015, 12:26 AM

Regular
1,612 posts

Well. Shichida is good. Their development tactics are unique. It boils down to price. If your child is 1 or 2 or 3, its worth the price. Anything beyond 3 , I feel its just unjustifiable .

Yes it did help. Only some applications worked. My daughter's name is still on the wall in the geniuses area. 90% came from my wife and myself and herself. 10% is shichidas aid. So yea , shichida did a massive 10% improvement on my kid
ckseong80
post Apr 26 2015, 04:01 PM

Casual
356 posts

I send my kid to Heguru.
It gives you ideas on how to teach your child but most of the work will still rely on parents to teach on the other days of the week.

1) Is it worth it sending baby/kids to such class?
This depends on the parents themselves how they feel on the classes and how fast their child progress. I feel each child progress at a different pace and we don't need to pressure them. Just let them grow happily while we supplement the education materials to them. So I'm ok as I have no expectation.

2) How much is the fees?
RM470/month.
3) How long is the class?
50minutes usually extends till 1hr.
4) How old was ya baby/kids when you send for the class?
20months.

One important thing are flashcards and it's difficult to purchase many of them with different categories that we want to teach our child. I suggest to make your own flashcards as I do and it is cheaper too.

Glen Doman method class is also availble at the Gardens Mall Mid Valley. I forgot the name of the centre but if you're interested you can check it out. It's located at a quite isolated corner. Starting fee you'll need to pay 3k plus inclusive of a Glen Doman material. This material cost around 1.5k. Monthly price is around the same as Heguru.
I've seen the set and I don't think it's justified to pay that much for some big word cards, books and videos.

This post has been edited by ckseong80: Apr 26 2015, 04:08 PM
ckseong80
post Jul 2 2015, 03:33 PM

Casual
356 posts

QUOTE(Chow Lai Lai @ Jul 2 2015, 02:29 PM)
I use to send my boy to Shichida at Centre Point at Bandar Utama for about 2 years.

Since than, I have stop sending.

Classes are once a week and the rest of the days I have to DIY and teach my child.
I find it very expensive just for 1 lesson a week.

So decided to SAVE MONEY!

And DIY.

About 3 months ago my friend recommended me this website,

www.rightbraineducationlibrary.com

it has more than 15,000 flashcards and other right brain training materials that
I need to teach my child Shichida Method.

I have join the rightbraineducationlibrary.com because
all the materials follows the Shichida and Heguru theories.

Whether you are sending your child to any right brain sbhool or not,
you still need learning materials to teach your child at home.

And

these right brain schools don't provide enough flashcard materials to teach my
child.

You must check it out.

If can, you should go and enquire with Shichida and Heguru before you decide which right brain school is suitable for your child.
Enen though it is expensive, I believe your child will benefit.
thumbup.gif
Will we be able to print the cards out or just rely on the computer or tablet to run them in front of the child?
If we could print them, it looks like a worthy subscription.

Thank you.
AjiAjo
post Jan 24 2017, 09:55 AM

Getting Started
125 posts

QUOTE(Chow Lai Lai @ Jul 2 2015, 02:29 PM)
I use to send my boy to Shichida at Centre Point at Bandar Utama for about 2 years.

Since than, I have stop sending.

Classes are once a week and the rest of the days I have to DIY and teach my child.
I find it very expensive just for 1 lesson a week.

So decided to SAVE MONEY!

And DIY.

About 3 months ago my friend recommended me this website,

www.rightbraineducationlibrary.com

it has more than 15,000 flashcards and other right brain training materials that
I need to teach my child Shichida Method.

I have join the rightbraineducationlibrary.com because
all the materials follows the Shichida and Heguru theories.

Whether you are sending your child to any right brain sbhool or not,
you still need learning materials to teach your child at home.

And

these right brain schools don't provide enough flashcard materials to teach my
child.

You must check it out.

If can, you should go and enquire with Shichida and Heguru before you decide which right brain school is suitable for your child.
Enen though it is expensive, I believe your child will benefit.
thumbup.gif
How effective is the eFlash card?

weng13
post Aug 17 2018, 11:42 AM

Getting Started
101 posts

Hi all

Any latest informations about Heguru & Shichida? My girl almost 4 years old now, still can enroll these type of classes? Worth?
Thx
quebix
post Aug 27 2018, 09:27 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

im really curious about right brain training and the hype.

is there like a study on these kids who goes for this training and what happens to them after a few years?

personally i was not trained like this when i was a kid, and my iq certified by MENSA is 160. Furthermore the test was done when im very mentally tired(end year, end of the week deadline) , might score more if im more refreshed.

does right brain training elevate iq levels or just make the kids clever? (because they study, in this case, study the flashcards)
quebix
post Sep 18 2018, 09:11 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(Chow Lai Lai @ Sep 16 2018, 12:23 PM)
There is no hype on the Shichida or Heguru flashcards program.  Just Google... there is a lot of research proving that the best age to teach a child is the child is a few months old up to 6 years old.
These schools programs are targeted to teach babies and toddlers.

Shichida has been in Malaysia and Singapore for almost 20 years. It is crazy... there is a long waiting list, you have to book and pay in advance to enter these schools. I am sure it works.

Or else there would not have grown so big.

Conventional wisdom will tell you all these are a hype.

I will go with "creative and innovative wisdom". It does work.

However, the FEES IS A HYPE. I do find these Shichida or Heguru schools are charging their fees too high. I used to send my children there but later decided to do on my own.
i dont dispute the fact about the best age to teach a child.

im just wondering about these shichida or hegl classes.

fees are hype? how expensive are they? can u inform us ur experience?

thanks.
quebix
post Sep 20 2018, 08:08 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(Chow Lai Lai @ Sep 19 2018, 04:36 PM)
Shichida Method fees per month are around RM600 a month.
So that is why I call it a HYPE.

However, the Shichida classes are beneficial.
600 a month. and how many classes per week? per class is 1.5 hours?

thanks
quebix
post Sep 22 2018, 09:38 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(Chow Lai Lai @ Sep 21 2018, 11:39 AM)
The Shichida classes are once a week. 1 hour per class.
Around RM600 per month. If you want to have your child's class on the weekend you have to pay a little more. Not too sure how much.

All parents must practice and are encouraged to practice Shichida at home. They have to make or buy their own flashcards.

You need more than 10 thousand "Shichida flash cards" to teach your child.
so how does the shicida effects ur child?
can you make comparison with a similar age cousin or maybe his elder sibling that didnt go to shichida etc.

just interested to know if it has effects/ long term effects on the child.
ann1987_1 P
post Aug 17 2019, 03:13 AM

Probation
1 posts

If someone is interested in application based on Doman's method or get flash cards (It allows to print them)
I can recommend Baby Is Reading https://app.babyisreading.com

It contains a lot of cards also allow to use computer to present cards.

I hope that I helped!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0187sec    0.59    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:25 PM