32 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

> Led downlight

TSweiann
post Jan 7 2013, 12:09 AM, updated 12y ago

205 posts

just need to ask some forumer here have any experience with Mego Lighting in bandar puchong utama LED downlight? Being quote rm 80 for 16w 3 way funtion (one time switch on light up all led, second time switch on will light up the middle 4 led with yellow color & third time switch on will light up will light up the side led) LED downlight (6'') & rm 50 for 9w white or yellow Led downlight.

Really need some opinion from experience user or comment wheter the price is reasonable, will need to finalise wheter to use led or tradition downlight. Million & billion thanks first for all your comment.

Pennbattle
post Jan 7 2013, 11:52 AM

440 posts

yeah i oso was wondering is the LED in the market at the moment reliable? especially those RM45-70.....what the different between those RM100 above?
anyone using those LED below RM100?? ok?? still good?
Thanks for sharing!
Pennbattle
post Jan 7 2013, 11:55 AM

440 posts

beside that anyone try Sover LED b4?? worth it cos the price quite high....i try 12W with china no name brand 24W....the Sover more brighter but double the price....they said Sover from Taiwan....
TSweiann
post Jan 7 2013, 10:10 PM

205 posts

wah not many people can give comment on this. for me those so call branded led from china look the same.
TSweiann
post Jan 7 2013, 10:28 PM

205 posts

by the way any sifu out here has try to use china brand 3 way switch remote control to control their house lighting or fans?
weikee
post Jan 7 2013, 10:29 PM

12,019 posts

QUOTE(weiann @ Jan 7 2013, 10:10 PM)
wah not many people can give comment on this. for me those so call branded led from china look the same.
May look the same, but can they last long? Driver performance? can the LED hold the brightness level for long?
Pennbattle
post Jan 7 2013, 11:25 PM

440 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Jan 7 2013, 10:29 PM)
May look the same, but can they last long? Driver performance? can the LED hold the brightness level for long?
weikee do u know how long LED donwlight in the market?
do u think reliable?
guess u got do more research...hehe
weikee
post Jan 8 2013, 08:46 AM

12,019 posts

QUOTE(Pennbattle @ Jan 7 2013, 11:25 PM)
weikee do u know how long LED donwlight in the market?
do u think reliable?
guess u got do more research...hehe
I did some research during my search for downlight. Is not the comprehensive, just enough for me to make decision.

01) cheap LED set, driver don't last
02) cheap LED set, LED brighness fade.
03) Cheap or expensive LED, still Lumen / watt are lower than CFL ( only expensive LED have similar Lumen/watt with CFL but expensive)

I still have an old link, have a read.

http://www.p-2.com/helpful-information/blo...ing-technology/
ozak
post Jan 8 2013, 09:09 AM

16,546 posts

QUOTE(weiann @ Jan 7 2013, 10:10 PM)
The LED downlight topic already have. That is why people lazy to give comment again. Search back and you got the answer.
Pennbattle
post Jan 8 2013, 02:50 PM

440 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Jan 8 2013, 08:46 AM)
I did some research during my search for downlight. Is not the comprehensive, just enough for me to make decision.

01) cheap LED set, driver don't last
02) cheap LED set, LED brighness fade.
03) Cheap or expensive LED, still Lumen / watt are lower than CFL ( only expensive LED have similar Lumen/watt with CFL but expensive)

I still have an old link, have a read.

http://www.p-2.com/helpful-information/blo...ing-technology/
guess is not the time yet for LED downlight.....will go back for normal downlight and yeah!! rclxms.gif save more money.....haha LED downlight cost triple than normal downlight.....beside changing faulty LED downlight is more troublesome and not sure after 1-2 years the same LED downlight still selling or not.....if not....wondering how? hmm.gif
anyway thanks weikee!! thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by Pennbattle: Jan 8 2013, 02:51 PM
dwk2112
post Jan 8 2013, 05:40 PM

519 posts

Ok...i'm been searching for LED downlight for some time and have been shopping around.

What i don't understand is, why need a LED downlight. The one with driver and casing and very thin form. Is it possible and cost effective, to get the normal downlight casing, the one that use the normal bulb, and then change the bulb to LED bulb.

The reason i was thinking not to go for those LED downlight was, if it is spoil, whether the driver or the entire thing, it will cost quite a bit and hassle. Using the normal downlight casing, you just need to change the bulb.

Not sure anyone here understand what i mean.... smile.gif
ozak
post Jan 8 2013, 09:48 PM

16,546 posts

QUOTE(dwk2112 @ Jan 8 2013, 05:40 PM)
Ok...i'm been searching for LED downlight for some time and have been shopping around.

What i don't understand is, why need a LED downlight. The one with driver and casing and very thin form. Is it possible and cost effective, to get the normal downlight casing, the one that use the normal bulb, and then change the bulb to LED bulb.

The reason i was thinking not to go for those LED downlight was, if it is spoil, whether the driver or the entire thing, it will cost quite a bit and hassle. Using the normal downlight casing, you just need to change the bulb.

Not sure anyone here understand what i mean.... smile.gif
A led light should last you very very longtime. So shouldn't think how hassle to change.

The purpose of design is more on the manufacturing side. Whole led downlight have more cooling surface. Heat is led enemy. The led is wide spread equally. Which probably give higher lumens angle. As for replacing, the manufacturing "believe" their product can last very very long. tongue.gif

Not sure here have it. In western, there is some whole led downlight design with e27 socket for easy installation and removing. http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1481183/+560?hl=cree lr6
szecheng
post Jan 8 2013, 10:06 PM

460 posts

after go through so many led downlight, i think i will settle for this

Power Consumption: 17 Watt
Lumen: 1600lm
Colour: warm white / daylight 5000k

picture wont attach

This post has been edited by szecheng: Jan 8 2013, 10:08 PM
winlose2582
post Jan 8 2013, 10:37 PM

516 posts

My house just completed renovation last month with total of 55pcs of 12w led downlight.
Majority of LED downlight purchased from Taobao China. I had choose the most reputation brand and I really regret not purchase all the downlight from Taobao.
At first I also worry about online purchase and shipping issue from China. I had purchased 30pcs of 5" inch round type led downlight and 10 pcs square led downlight.
I had put one of the round led downlight for testing in my office for more than 2 months with 24 hours, everytime I free I will use the lux meter to test the lumen, result before and after is the similar about 990-1020....
I also purchase 15 pcs (RM55) of the square led downlight from light shop at puchong, know what... 4 pcs give the problem, but manage to exchange it from the shop with 1 year warranty.
The 40pcs of LED downlight i purchased from China so far no problem. Somemore the price only about RM32 for round and RM64 for square led + shipping cost about RM200+-
Even my electrician also keen to find out from me how to make purchase from China about this led light.

Just my 2 cent....

This post has been edited by winlose2582: Jan 8 2013, 10:43 PM
dwk2112
post Jan 9 2013, 09:20 AM

519 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 8 2013, 09:48 PM)
A led light should last you very very longtime. So shouldn't think how hassle to change.

The purpose of design is more on the manufacturing side. Whole led downlight have more cooling surface. Heat is led enemy. The led is wide spread equally. Which probably give higher lumens angle. As for replacing, the manufacturing "believe" their product can last very very long. tongue.gif

Not sure here have it. In western, there is some whole led downlight design with e27 socket for easy installation and removing. http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1481183/+560?hl=cree lr6
Good point...

Here is my 2 cent worth. I seen a lot of these LED downlight selling cheap, of course China made but i ended up with the normal casing. I think i value flexibility than duration. With the normal casing, i can still use the normal energy saving bulb while waiting for the LED bulb technology to get better and cheaper. I'm sure one day, we will see the LED bulb as cheap as the normal bulb.
ozak
post Jan 9 2013, 10:27 AM

16,546 posts

QUOTE(dwk2112 @ Jan 9 2013, 09:20 AM)
Good point...

Here is my 2 cent worth. I seen a lot of these LED downlight selling cheap, of course China made but i ended up with the normal casing. I think i value flexibility than duration. With the normal casing, i can still use the normal energy saving bulb while waiting for the LED bulb technology to get better and cheaper. I'm sure one day, we will see the LED bulb as cheap as the normal bulb.
I would like to see it improve the quality and lifetime. Rather usual crap quality and cheap price.
ozak
post Jan 9 2013, 10:33 AM

16,546 posts

QUOTE(winlose2582 @ Jan 8 2013, 10:37 PM)
My house just completed renovation last month with total of 55pcs of 12w led downlight.
Majority of LED downlight purchased from Taobao China. I had choose the most reputation brand and I really regret not purchase all the downlight from Taobao.
At first I also worry about online purchase and shipping issue from China. I had purchased 30pcs of 5" inch round type led downlight and 10 pcs square led downlight.
I had put one of the round led downlight for testing in my office for more than 2 months with 24 hours, everytime I free I will use the lux meter to test the lumen, result before and after is the similar about 990-1020....
I also purchase 15 pcs (RM55) of the square led downlight from light shop at puchong, know what... 4 pcs give the problem, but manage to exchange it from the shop with 1 year warranty.
The 40pcs of LED downlight i purchased from China so far no problem. Somemore the price only about RM32 for round and RM64 for square led + shipping cost about RM200+-
Even my electrician also keen to find out from me how to make purchase from China about this led light.

Just my 2 cent....
You need to run yrs or 2 before can know the quality and cost effective.

I have a LED downlight under testing everyday for 12hr. It already run for 7mth+. And still not convince I should change all the light to led.
weikee
post Jan 9 2013, 10:49 AM

12,019 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 9 2013, 10:33 AM)
You need to run yrs or 2 before can know the quality and cost effective.

I have a LED downlight under testing everyday for 12hr. It already run for 7mth+. And still not convince I should change all the light to led.
If LED need to compete/compare, need to compete with CFL, and the CFL bulb can easily last 5 years, and still very bright.
TSweiann
post Jan 9 2013, 11:45 AM

205 posts

QUOTE(winlose2582 @ Jan 8 2013, 10:37 PM)

Just my 2 cent....
mind to pm me which shop in puchong u went to buy & which site u use to buy from china?
Pennbattle
post Jan 9 2013, 12:26 PM

440 posts

QUOTE(dwk2112 @ Jan 9 2013, 09:20 AM)
Good point...

i think that too...lets wait LED improve and price drop.... thumbup.gif

32 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

0.0228sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:08 PM