Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Home Networking ASUS Malaysia Networking User & Technical Support, Managed by ASUS Malaysia Representative

views

krofal
post Apr 29 2017, 11:46 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

Hi ASUSmy,

I have been using the AC55UHP for about 4-5 months without issue but since 2-3 days ago, i have encountered the issues out of nowhere :

1. PC says "Can't detect proxy settings" and disconnects itself from 5ghz network. Troubleshoot and network adapter reset would solve it for temporarily but yesterday onwards PC can't connect to the 5ghz anymore. It just says "Can't connect to network" but phones and tablets still can connect

2. Router if restarted, sometimes PC can connect then tablet/phone can't. Sometimes, the other way around where phone can connect to the wifi but PC and tablet can't.

I dun think it's my PC's problem as I even reformat my PC and same problem still persist. Can you advise if this is a router issue ?
krofal
post May 1 2017, 03:47 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(blacktubi @ May 1 2017, 12:56 AM)
What is the signal strength when you are connected to the 5Ghz band? You will face issues if the signal is too weak so it is best to use 2.4Ghz when you are far from the router.

2.4Ghz for range and 5Ghz for performance.
Hi blacktubi,

Signal strength is stable and strong even for the 5ghz before this. But the strange thing is the phone and tablet in my room can connect to and use the 5ghz but my PC in the same room can't at all, all of a sudden.
krofal
post Dec 31 2017, 01:26 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

Hi Asus,

I'm using the AC55UHP as router and RT-N12D1 as a repeater. It always works fine for 1 day then after that it will start disconnecting (every 10mins or so) then after awhile it causes all the signals to be unable to connect to the internet at all. I would need to power off both devices and and power up the AC55UHP ONLY for the internet to work again.

Can you help advise what seems to be the problem here as it seems the repeater function only works perfect for 1 day only.
krofal
post Jan 2 2018, 02:06 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(ASUSmy @ Jan 2 2018, 11:30 AM)
Hi krofal,

Can you try updating both the routers to the latest firmware and test again.

Do try fix a WiFi channel for the RT-AC55UHP in the Wireless->General->Control Channel.

Thank you
Hi Asus,

Both are already updated to the latest firmware already. It is something to do with the dhcp?
krofal
post Jan 2 2018, 11:15 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(ASUSmy @ Jan 2 2018, 06:08 PM)
Hi krofal,

Try fixing the channel first. If the problem still persist, try off the RT-N12 D1 and see whether the problem will happen again or not.

Thank you
Hi Asus,

The channel is already fixed to 11 previously. The problem doesn't occur when the TR-N12 D1 is turned off. For example, my connection is working perfectly when I'm using just the AC55UHP, but when I turn on the RT-N12 after a minute I can't even connect to the internet anymore. However, if I reset the N12 to default and reconfigure it as a repeater again, it works fine for at least a day before the same thing occurs again.
krofal
post Jan 7 2018, 11:18 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(ASUSmy @ Jan 3 2018, 10:30 AM)
Hi krofal,

Can you try downgrade the RT-N12 D1 firmware to version 3.0.0.4.380.7378 and try again.

Thank you
Hi Asus,

It's the same issue again. Even after downgraded software, the RT-N12 D1 as repeated only worked for one day only and next day same issue again.
krofal
post Dec 30 2021, 10:54 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

Anyone using the Zenwifi ET8 has this issue where the node will blink blue for few seconds every now and then returns back to white?
It causes me to lose a few seconds of connection everytime. Im using wireless backhaul and the app says the signal is great.
krofal
post Jan 26 2022, 10:09 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

Any XT8 user here using smart connect? My XT8 with smart connect enabled is facing constant connectivity dropping (every 5-10s) for devices on the 5GHz, but no issues for devices on 2.4GHz. The 5GHz becomes normal again when smart connect is disabled.

Frustrating when u buy a mesh wifi but cant utilise the mesh feature.
krofal
post Nov 10 2022, 09:43 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

Hi, I'm currently using 2 XT8 in a 3-storey house and is wondering what are my alternatives to expanding coverage other than adding more XT8? (Wireless backhaul capabilities required)
krofal
post May 26 2023, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

Hi, I'm trying to setup my network like Scenario 3 here: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044151/
However, when setting up in AP mode I ended not having the option to key in my Unifi credentials so I always end up without internet. Are there certain steps I'm missing?
krofal
post May 27 2023, 11:10 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(ASUSmy @ May 26 2023, 05:25 PM)
Hi krofal,

In the Scenario 3, the Internet connection is done through the modem.

Are you planning to remain the ISP router, you can set up the Scenario 3 with AP mode, there is no need to key in Unifi credentials in this mode.

If you plan to change the ISP router, go for Scenario 2.

Or maybe you can explain more on how you plan to do the setup for your network.

Thank you
Hi,

Basically now I have a BTU, 2x XT8 and one un-managed switch. I live in a 3-storey hse and the BTU unit is in the storage room, along with a bunch of cables that lead to various ethernet ports around the hse. I'm trying to create a wired backhaul (as XT8 wireless backhaul has been very hit and miss. one moment no issue, another moment nodes keep dropping). The idea is as below:

3rd floor - XT8 node (wired thru ethernet port from 1st floor)
2nd floor - XT8 router (wired thru ethernet port from 1st floor)
1st floor (storage room) - BTU and switch

I'm not that good at networking, so can you kindly advise what are my setup plans or possibilities? It would be very much appreciated!!
krofal
post Jul 29 2023, 08:59 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

Hi @ASUSmy,

I currently have a setup as below. My current issue is sometimes when I move from 2nd or 3rd floor to ground floor where the AX11000 is, the wifi loses connection and takes a long time to reconnect. If I try to manually join the wifi again, it says wrong password and I will only be able to join the network after waiting several minutes. Any suggestions or ideas on what's wrong? Thanks in advance!

user posted image

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0288sec    0.20    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:35 PM