Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> ASUS Malaysia Networking User & Technical Support, Managed by ASUS Malaysia Representative (Home Networking)

jacky91
post Yesterday, 01:33 PM
DJ
Group: Senior Member

if most of my devices are in N, AC won't help much right?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
voncrane
post Yesterday, 01:52 PM
Noir et fier!

QUOTE(jacky91 @ Mar 29 2017, 01:33 PM)
if most of my devices are in N, AC won't help much right?
Getting an AC router will prepare you for the future as more of your devices get 802.11ac capability. Plus older technology wireless devices may also benefit from faster CPU, newer software and greater number of transmit and receive antennas that come standard on an 802.11ac router. The biggest win comes from the presence of the 5GHz band.. Less congestion.
+Quote Post
jacky91
post Yesterday, 01:54 PM
DJ

QUOTE(voncrane @ Mar 29 2017, 01:52 PM)
Getting an AC router will prepare you for the future as more of your devices get 802.11ac capability. Plus older technology wireless devices may also benefit from faster CPU, newer software and greater number of transmit and receive antennas that come standard on an 802.11ac router.  The biggest win comes from the presence of the 5GHz band.. Less congestion.
recently just bought N18U, figured that since most of my devices using LAN cable...I dun really need a good WiFi (at least for now)...maybe next round ba...thanks bro!
+Quote Post
voncrane
post Yesterday, 01:58 PM
Noir et fier!

QUOTE(jacky91 @ Mar 29 2017, 01:54 PM)
recently just bought N18U, figured that since most of my devices using LAN cable...I dun really need a good WiFi (at least for now)...maybe next round ba...thanks bro!
thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
jacky91
post Yesterday, 02:04 PM
DJ

QUOTE(voncrane @ Mar 29 2017, 01:58 PM)
thumbup.gif
btw...i noticed that i could add in AP (with AC and 5ghz)...it is the same thing right?

N18U (N mode only) > Switch > AP (AC and 5ghz)

can this work?
+Quote Post
voncrane
post Yesterday, 02:24 PM
Noir et fier!

QUOTE(jacky91 @ Mar 29 2017, 02:04 PM)
btw...i noticed that i could add in AP (with AC and 5ghz)...it is the same thing right?

N18U (N mode only) > Switch > AP (AC and 5ghz)

can this work?
Not exactly the same thing.. As there are 5GHz 802.11n routers. For 802.11n routers, channel width can be set up to 40MHz.. On 802.11ac routers, the 5GHz band can be set up to 80MHz.

Can't confirm about the N18U, perhaps others will.

What is 802.11ac good for?
Everything. I can't imagine how the faster connection speed would hurt you. However, the new standard is especially good for high-def streaming within a local network. In arecent demo, Netgear showed that it could instantly play back four different 1080p movies wirelessly to four HDTVs using 802.11ac connections, something not possible with Wireless-N.

802.11ac clients are also supposed to offer much better battery life than N clients. This is mostly thanks to the improved speed. The fact that 5G WiFi clients can finish transmitting the same amount of data in just around 1 third of the time, compared to N clients, translates into less energy being used. When continuously used in the same duration, an N client and a 5G WiFi client would require about the same amount of juice.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Yesterday, 02:25 PM
+Quote Post
jacky91
post Yesterday, 02:27 PM
DJ

QUOTE(voncrane @ Mar 29 2017, 02:24 PM)
Not exactly the same thing.. As there are 5GHz 802.11n routers. For 802.11n routers, channel width can be set up to 40MHz.. On 802.11ac routers, the 5GHz band can be set up to 80MHz.

Can't confirm about the N18U, perhaps others will.
was thinking maybe i can change it at the AP?
+Quote Post
t3n
post Yesterday, 04:51 PM
Enthusiast

Proud owner of AC68U.. Bought quite cheap from Lazada.. by the way I just need to register my router and the warranty will start? Can I know what is service package? Do I need to activate it to get warranty claim?
+Quote Post
calistoga
post Today, 03:34 PM
Group: Junior Member

Hi, I have been using the asus ddns for 2years already but recently, I can't seems to connect to it. There was no change in any of the configurations in both systems.

Is the *.asuscomm.com down? I have checked a few website and is reporting that the domain is down.

Can anyone confirm this? Thanks
+Quote Post
Xnet
post Today, 03:44 PM
Regular

QUOTE(calistoga @ Mar 30 2017, 03:34 PM)
Hi, I have been using the asus ddns for 2years already but recently, I can't seems to connect to it. There was no change in any of the configurations in both systems.

Is the *.asuscomm.com down? I have checked a few website and is reporting that the domain is down.

Working fine here
+Quote Post
edministrator
post Today, 04:35 PM
Regular

QUOTE(calistoga @ Mar 30 2017, 03:34 PM)

are you on streamyx? they are gradually privatizing their IPs on streamyx, some of my office lines also affected by this. DDNS only works on Public IP.

easiest way to check is to go to this website and get your IP address: https://www.whatismyip.com

then check it against the IP visible in your router's main page to see if they match. If matching, Public IP. If different, private IP.

This post has been edited by edministrator: Today, 04:40 PM
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0670sec    6.55    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th March 2017 - 04:52 PM