Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> ASUS Malaysia Networking User & Technical Support, Managed by ASUS Malaysia Representative (Home Networking)

views

Oltromen Ripot
post Aug 17 2022, 12:18 PM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,815 posts

QUOTE(angelflames1337 @ Aug 17 2022, 12:16 PM)
Are you suggesting to reboot my router daily to fix the random disconnecting issue?
Based on your need. But nothing wrong as preventive refresh, right? I set mine to 3:30am every other day, confirm everyone already and still asleep by then. But no reboot on weekend as we might stay up longer.

This post has been edited by Oltromen Ripot: Aug 17 2022, 12:20 PM
jimbet1337
post Aug 17 2022, 12:51 PM

meh
2,173 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Aug 16 2022, 09:28 PM)
right under the network monitoring set up.

user posted image
Never knew there is such option. I manually restart my router once a week lol

Will start using this. Thanks
slayersssss
post Aug 17 2022, 04:32 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(angelflames1337 @ Aug 16 2022, 08:43 PM)
Works okay for me, there is some caveat, this ISP implementing cgnat on their link, which means its hard/impossible to host anything (site, p2p games, server) over the internet. Also the router need some modification on the setting to allow it to properly detect internet (it works without modifying the setting, just the red led light up all the time on the router). Also the link occasionally lose internet 3-4 times over a week randomly, not sure if its the ISP or the router.

Aside from these, yeah the router works fine with the ISP.
Thanks for your reply. Tried to get more information from the support, but nothing was provided.

May I know which package u took and which router you are using? I’m using the 100Mbps package and planning to use RT-AX55 as the replacement router.
angelflames1337 P
post Today, 03:18 AM

Probation
12 posts

QUOTE(slayersssss @ Aug 17 2022, 04:32 PM)
Thanks for your reply. Tried to get more information from the support, but nothing was provided.

May I know which package u took and which router you are using? I’m using the 100Mbps package and planning to use RT-AX55 as the replacement router.
Exact same package and router as you lol.

Yeah their support is atrocious. I sent several email and didnt get a single reply. Forget the whatsapp, its either bot or some random non-tech guy asking you to reboot and speedtest from LAN.
angelflames1337 P
post Today, 03:19 AM

Probation
12 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Aug 17 2022, 12:18 PM)
Based on your need. But nothing wrong as preventive refresh, right? I set mine to 3:30am every other day, confirm everyone already and still asleep by then. But no reboot on weekend as we might stay up longer.
Oh alright. My ISP already handled that lol, they reboot their link every night at 3am. Guess I’ll reboot the router too, might as well.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0177sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th August 2022 - 03:56 PM