Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> ASUS Malaysia Networking User & Technical Support, Managed by ASUS Malaysia Representative (Home Networking)

views

TSASUSmy
post Aug 9 2022, 04:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,074 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Aug 9 2022, 03:16 PM)
ASUSmy I couldn't get AiCloud Smart Access function to work properly
Trying to share my Windows 11 folder shared through SMB, when the login screen comes as per the screenshot below, it just keep repeating the same login screen eventhough I typed the username and password correctly

Any advise?

I read from the internet the AiCloud Smart Access only supports SMB v1. Is this the cause of this error?

user posted image
Hi sHawTY,

Can you try enabling the SMB 1.0 at the programs and features?

Yes, AC models still using SMB 1.0. AX models should using SMB 2.0 already.

I check with RD, your model GT-AC5300 will have SMB 2.0 in future firmware.

Thank you

This post has been edited by ASUSmy: Aug 9 2022, 05:06 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
sHawTY
post Aug 9 2022, 05:11 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,085 posts

QUOTE(ASUSmy @ Aug 9 2022, 04:55 PM)
Can you try enabling the SMB 1.0 at the programs and features?
You shouldn't advise your users to enable something that has tons of vulnerabilities

Please provide another solution. Or better yet tell your firmware developers to enable support for SMB v2 & v3 in the next firmware update

This post has been edited by sHawTY: Aug 9 2022, 05:14 PM
TSASUSmy
post Aug 9 2022, 05:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,074 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Aug 9 2022, 05:11 PM)
You shouldn't advise your users to enable something that has tons of vulnerabilities

Please provide another solution. Or better yet tell your firmware developers to enable support for SMB v2 & v3 in the next firmware update
Hi sHawTY,

The current firmware does not support SMB 2.0 or 3.0. You will need to wait until the more latest version available only you can use the Smart Access feature.

Thank you
Mr.Wang
post Aug 9 2022, 06:03 PM

Casual
370 posts

QUOTE(ASUSmy @ Aug 9 2022, 09:36 AM)
Hi Mr.Wang,

1) Make sure the firmware is the latest.

2) Do you enable router feature such as QoS or AiProtection? If yes, try turn it off and test again.

3) What is your speedtest result when doing speedtest? Are you getting high latency?

4) Have you try using LAN cable and test it on your PC or laptop?

Thank you
I already updated it to the latest firmware.

QoS and AiProtection are both turned off.

Speedtest using cable is 300mbps. But using 5ghz (AX mode turn on, 160Hz turn off) is only 16-70Mbps even though I stand next to the router. I test on the nearest TM server. But when I choose servers from farther away such as SG and Johor it gives me full speed on 5ghz

Something is off

sHawTY
post Aug 9 2022, 07:45 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,085 posts

QUOTE(ASUSmy @ Aug 9 2022, 04:55 PM)
I check with RD, your model GT-AC5300 will have SMB 2.0 in future firmware.
Noted. Hopefully the fix will be applied on the next firmware update

This post has been edited by sHawTY: Aug 10 2022, 02:07 PM
blacktubi
post Aug 9 2022, 11:40 PM

-
Group Icon
Elite
6,992 posts

QUOTE(Mr.Wang @ Aug 9 2022, 06:03 PM)
I already updated it to the latest firmware.

QoS and AiProtection are both turned off.

Speedtest using cable is 300mbps. But using 5ghz (AX mode turn on, 160Hz turn off) is only 16-70Mbps even though I stand next to the router. I test on the nearest TM server. But when I choose servers from farther away such as SG and Johor it gives me full speed on 5ghz

Something is off
Check out the Unifi thread

Seem to be some issues with connectivity on certain IP range these days
Mr.Wang
post Aug 10 2022, 12:48 AM

Casual
370 posts

QUOTE(blacktubi @ Aug 9 2022, 11:40 PM)

That was what I suspected until I reconnect back my old dlink router. On 5ghz, I got full 300mbps speed. Same server and same phone. When I tested with TUF AX5400 again, connection dropped to 15Mbps only.

I figured something out just now. When I placed my phones really close to the TUF AX5400, on the right side of the antenna, I got full speed 300mbps. But when I moved the phones few centimeters (yes, few centimeters only) from the antenna, speed test dropped to around 15Mbps only.

I also tested with 2.4ghz, which seems fine, around 150Mbps. My conclusion is the 5ghz is defective. Or there's a bug with the latest firmware released just a couple of days ago. Tbh, this is the first time I faced this kind of situation where the 5ghz speed is lower than the 2.4ghz wifi, in very close range of course.

I would return the router and get a refund. It's a shame that this router gives me trouble. I really like it. The wifi signal is strong, twice the power of my old router. I'm thinking of buying another unit but I worry the same problem with the new unit.

Any recommendation of Asus router which has the same price range, performance and functions like the TUF AX 5400?

TSASUSmy
post Aug 10 2022, 09:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,074 posts

QUOTE(Mr.Wang @ Aug 10 2022, 12:48 AM)
That was what I suspected until I reconnect back my old dlink router. On 5ghz, I got full 300mbps speed. Same server and same phone. When I tested with TUF AX5400 again, connection dropped to 15Mbps only.

I figured something out just now. When I placed my phones really close to the TUF AX5400, on the right side of the antenna, I got full speed 300mbps. But when I moved the phones few centimeters (yes, few centimeters only) from the antenna, speed test dropped to around 15Mbps only.

I also tested with 2.4ghz, which seems fine, around 150Mbps. My conclusion is the 5ghz is defective. Or there's a bug with the latest firmware released just a couple of days ago. Tbh, this is the first time I faced this kind of situation where the 5ghz speed is lower than the 2.4ghz wifi, in very close range of course.

I would return the router and get a refund. It's a shame that this router gives me trouble. I really like it. The wifi signal is strong, twice the power of my old router. I'm thinking of buying another unit but I worry the same problem with the new unit.

Any recommendation of Asus router which has the same price range, performance and functions like the TUF AX 5400?
Hi Mr.Wang,

Can you try the below method do to the factory reset, redo setup and test the speedtest again?

https://www.asus.com/my/support/FAQ/1039078/

Thank you
sinnlig
post Aug 11 2022, 06:44 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(blacktubi @ Aug 9 2022, 11:40 PM)

Any idea when they gonna launch the XT9?

Should I wait or just get XT8?

This post has been edited by sinnlig: Aug 11 2022, 06:44 PM
Mr.Wang
post Yesterday, 11:37 PM

Casual
370 posts

QUOTE(ASUSmy @ Aug 10 2022, 09:02 AM)
Hi Mr.Wang,

Can you try the below method do to the factory reset, redo setup and test the speedtest again?

https://www.asus.com/my/support/FAQ/1039078/

Thank you
I already returned the router back to the seller to get refund. I will buy a new set soon.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0603sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 13th August 2022 - 11:46 PM