Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

790 Pages « < 668 669 670 671 672 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Home Networking ASUS Malaysia Networking User & Technical Support, Managed by ASUS Malaysia Representative

views

vicng93
post Apr 16 2021, 02:04 AM

Getting Started
181 posts

wah did not expect tuf ax-3000 to be faulty after just two months... tiba2 red internet light and all lan ports not working at all after 8 hours of TIME internet downtime. Tried to reset and redo internet setup but no luck.
TSASUSmy
post Apr 16 2021, 11:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,223 posts

QUOTE(vicng93 @ Apr 16 2021, 02:04 AM)
wah did not expect tuf ax-3000 to be faulty after just two months... tiba2 red internet light and all lan ports not working at all after 8 hours of TIME internet downtime. Tried to reset and redo internet setup but no luck.
Hi vicng93,

You can try use firmware restoration on the TUF-AX3000 and see whether it able to recover the router or not.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1000814/

Thank you
vicng93
post Apr 16 2021, 06:09 PM

Getting Started
181 posts

QUOTE(ASUSmy @ Apr 16 2021, 11:49 AM)
Hi vicng93,

You can try use firmware restoration on the TUF-AX3000 and see whether it able to recover the router or not.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1000814/

Thank you
I called Asus customer support as per advice from the shopee seller and after doing troubleshooting and updating firmware manually, still broken. so no choice I have to send it to the nearest service center at Puchong cry.gif
dragon528
post Apr 17 2021, 01:48 PM

Casual
490 posts

Hi everyone! Need seek advise on Asus aimesh issue.

Currently using AC88U (main PPPoE) and AC66U-B1 (aimesh backhaul ethernet). Both flash with Asus-Merlin firmware and up to date. Using Unifi 500mbps.

AC66U-B1 - Room 2nd floor

My problem is that the AC88U main router WiFi is super terrible! When I walk from my room to downstairs, the WiFi is either not workable or barely having any speed at all! I ran speedtest on 2 iPhone and MacBook, the speed I get is about 1 ~ 4 mbps like that.

If I stay in my room, desktop PC that connect LAN have no issue. WiFi on the 2nd floor is good as well, can up to 100mbps!

I disable SMART CONNECT and make sure all devices connect to the 5Ghz WiFi before the speedtest.

Can anyone explain what exactly should I set for the WiFi settings? TIA!
blacktubi
post Apr 17 2021, 07:06 PM

-
Group Icon
Elite
7,508 posts

QUOTE(dragon528 @ Apr 17 2021, 01:48 PM)
Hi everyone! Need seek advise on Asus aimesh issue.

Currently using AC88U (main PPPoE) and AC66U-B1 (aimesh backhaul ethernet). Both flash with Asus-Merlin firmware and up to date. Using Unifi 500mbps.

AC66U-B1 - Room 2nd floor

My problem is that the AC88U main router WiFi is super terrible! When I walk from my room to downstairs, the WiFi is either not workable or barely having any speed at all! I ran speedtest on 2 iPhone and MacBook, the speed I get is about 1 ~ 4 mbps like that.

If I stay in my room, desktop PC that connect LAN have no issue. WiFi on the 2nd floor is good as well, can up to 100mbps!

I disable SMART CONNECT and make sure all devices connect to the 5Ghz WiFi before the speedtest.

Can anyone explain what exactly should I set for the WiFi settings? TIA!
Is its a roaming issue where you are still connected to the slower node although you already entered the coverage area of another AiMesh node?

I will suggest using the stock firmware due to better AiMesh compability.

tudor_kg
post Apr 18 2021, 08:25 AM

33 posts

Hi Asus Support,

For RT-AX56U, firnware Version 3.0.0.4.384.10290 is still buggy. At times unable to provide ip address and happens on 2.4 and 5 Ghz wifi. Need restart and things will occur again after that.

I had to revert back to beta 9428. Please fix it.
sadlyfalways
post Apr 18 2021, 10:30 AM

Enthusiast
845 posts

Hello, I am still having issues with my AX88U that for the past two months it is giving the serial link appears to be disconnected error.

Normally if modem drops out, internet will be restored by itself and WiFi devices will not be affected right ? But for this router of mine, all WiFi devices will be kicked off the main router and onto the AiMesh router, and the web gui will not be accessible for a good 30 seconds, before being accessible and showing the the internet is disconnected.

I’ve been complaining about this issue for months, doesn’t happen on my baby deco routers which stay connected indefinitely and cost 1/10 the price

I did not pay so much and invest in a product that is so half baked, is there any way to get compensation or refund within the warranty period ? I’ve really had enough of this router and the multiple disconnections a day

I even had to disable all of the features it came with such as ofdma and the higher end stuff, even qos caused to go down more often.

user posted image
dragon528
post Apr 18 2021, 06:08 PM

Casual
490 posts

QUOTE(blacktubi @ Apr 17 2021, 07:06 PM)
Is its a roaming issue where you are still connected to the slower node although you already entered the coverage area of another AiMesh node?

I will suggest using the stock firmware due to better AiMesh compability.
If I feel something not right, I will off and on back my wifi to connect to the nearest node. But the wifi speed still terrible. I'm unsure why it happen like this after I set up AiMesh.

So stock firmware is more recommended for AiMesh? Is ok for my current router to direct upload the stock firmware?
blacktubi
post Apr 18 2021, 06:25 PM

-
Group Icon
Elite
7,508 posts

QUOTE(sadlyfalways @ Apr 18 2021, 10:30 AM)
Hello, I am still having issues with my AX88U that for the past two months it is giving the serial link appears to be disconnected error.

Normally if modem drops out, internet will be restored by itself and WiFi devices will not be affected right ? But for this router of mine, all WiFi devices will be kicked off the main router and onto the AiMesh router, and the web gui will not be accessible for a good 30 seconds, before being accessible and showing the the internet is disconnected.

I’ve been complaining about this issue for months, doesn’t happen on my baby deco routers which stay connected indefinitely and cost 1/10 the price

I did not pay so much and invest in a product that is so half baked, is there any way to get compensation or refund within the warranty period ? I’ve really had enough of this router and the multiple disconnections a day

I even had to disable all of the features it came with such as ofdma and the higher end stuff, even qos caused to go down more often.

user posted image
What routers do you use in your AiMesh setup?

QUOTE(dragon528 @ Apr 18 2021, 06:08 PM)
If I feel something not right, I will off and on back my wifi to connect to the nearest node. But the wifi speed still terrible. I'm unsure why it happen like this after I set up AiMesh.

So stock firmware is more recommended for AiMesh? Is ok for my current router to direct upload the stock firmware?
I will suggest upgrading to the stock firmware and perform a full hard reset to fix your AiMesh issues.

Merlin is not always on the latest ASUS GPL branch that contain AiMesh related fixes. wink.gif
sadlyfalways
post Apr 18 2021, 06:40 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(blacktubi @ Apr 18 2021, 06:25 PM)
I will suggest upgrading to the stock firmware and perform a full hard reset to fix your AiMesh issues.

Merlin is not always on the latest ASUS GPL branch that contain AiMesh related fixes. wink.gif
My main router is the AX88U and I have a wired AC86U as aimesh
yozx
post Apr 19 2021, 09:19 AM

15 posts

Hi guys,

Need opinion on the below setup. Currently has Lyra Mesh Wifi (3 units) but I badly need the additional network ports at main node as current Lyra only come with 2 ports. So would like to replace the current main node to something with 5 ports. Which model do you think is the best as replacement for main node and reuse back 2 Lyra as client node?
TSASUSmy
post Apr 19 2021, 11:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,223 posts

QUOTE(sadlyfalways @ Apr 18 2021, 10:30 AM)

user posted image
Hi sadlyfalways,

May I know which firmware are you using? It is the beta firmware I PM you before?

Thank you
sadlyfalways
post Apr 19 2021, 03:11 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(ASUSmy @ Apr 19 2021, 11:18 AM)
Hi sadlyfalways,

May I know which firmware are you using? It is the beta firmware I PM you before?

Thank you
Hello, yes I did upgrade to that firmware you sent to me, but I’m not sure if it worked because I recently also got another firmware update notification and I did update to whatever it asked me to

Now I am using 3.0.0.4.386_42095-gcd938f7
TSASUSmy
post Apr 19 2021, 04:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,223 posts

QUOTE(sadlyfalways @ Apr 19 2021, 03:11 PM)
Hello, yes I did upgrade to that firmware you sent to me, but I’m not sure if it worked because I recently also got another firmware update notification and I did update to whatever it asked me to

Now I am using 3.0.0.4.386_42095-gcd938f7
Hi sadlyfalways,

Can you try the beta firmware instead because the beta firmware created based on your problem.

Thank you
afif92
post Apr 20 2021, 12:34 AM

Casual
332 posts

QUOTE(blacktubi @ Apr 18 2021, 06:25 PM)

For 386 branch, Merlin now always have the latest GPL.
post Apr 20 2021, 09:52 AM

Workaholic
2,712 posts

I just bought a ax82u router from China. I tried setting it up to work as a modem router for Unifi but failed. I confirm username and password is correct. Anytime have any idea?
yongtjunkit
post Apr 20 2021, 12:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,483 posts

QUOTE(10071985 @ Apr 20 2021, 09:52 AM)
I just bought a ax82u router from China. I tried setting it up to work as a modem router for Unifi but failed. I confirm username and password is correct. Anytime have any idea?
You’ll need to set up vlan tagging

Go to Lan > IPTV to set it up

Internet for unifi is vlan 500

This post has been edited by yongtjunkit: Apr 20 2021, 12:04 PM
post Apr 20 2021, 02:30 PM

Workaholic
2,712 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Apr 20 2021, 12:02 PM)
You’ll need to set up vlan tagging

Go to Lan > IPTV to set it up

Internet for unifi is vlan 500
Thanks man! That totally solves it
darude87
post Apr 20 2021, 05:59 PM

hhhoooiii!!!
1,407 posts

hi guys, i am using a AX-55 in a double storey house. The router is position on the 2nd floor and 2nd floor is covered well for both 5g and 2.4g.

However downstairs is quite weak for certain devices for both 5g as well as 2.4g, so i am thinking of doing mesh. i think in my case, maybe 1 or 2 satellite will able to solve my problem already, just that i'm curious what is the cheapest way for me to achieve that ?
buqiuren
post Apr 23 2021, 03:16 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(darude87 @ Apr 20 2021, 05:59 PM)
hi guys, i am using a AX-55 in a double storey house. The router is position on the 2nd floor and 2nd floor is covered well for both 5g and 2.4g.

However downstairs is quite weak for certain devices for both 5g as well as 2.4g, so i am thinking of doing mesh. i think in my case, maybe 1 or 2 satellite will able to solve my problem already, just that i'm curious what is the cheapest way for me to achieve that ?
This is easy, the advantage of RT-AX55 is you can just add 1 more unit of RT-AX55, became AiMesh, add 1 more satellite check the result 1st.

790 Pages « < 668 669 670 671 672 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.12    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:28 PM