Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

57 Pages « < 49 50 51 52 53 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Technical PlayStation 3 FAQ For Beginners | V9, General PS3 Q&A and Technical Discussion

views

Shoot@M3
post Dec 7 2015, 04:51 PM

=|| elf ||=
1,326 posts

hi all, need some help here as I'm very new to console
i recently got a used ps3 from another forumner here
inside already got 4 games so at first i thot it's a 'JB' unit and as usual tried to copy a game onto it
but just a while ago i think i found out it's not JB, it has firmware of 4.7 so i think the 4 games inside is Digital Copy...
ok nvm, not gonna ask about JB stuff. i wana know if I can go ahead upgrade to the latest firmware for my ps3? that is firmware 4.76 right? but before that i wana know these things below
- will it wipe the 4 games inside already?
- do i need to sign in to PSN to do so? since im a new owner of the ps3, can I sign in as my own PSN ID? how do i create a PSN ID?
- i currently have issue on the sound, after watching lots of youtube on how to connect and fix the issue. the thing is I can connect to bluetooth speakers but sound still comes out from my tv hdmi no matter what i changed, so im planning to upgrade the firmware

my PS3 info below
- Fat version with 80gb
- firmware version 4.7

Cheers and TIA
ps: sorry for mentioning JB, it's just for info, hope its fine

This post has been edited by Shoot@M3: Dec 7 2015, 04:51 PM
sphiroth
post Feb 26 2016, 05:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,804 posts

Need advise/help

My Ps3 slim wireless function stop working... So now no wireless connection (wired works). The biggest problem is that wireless controller also didn't work, need to connect using usb cable.

So, can this be fixed? Or can i use usb Bluetooth dongle?
SUSeuthanasia
post Feb 27 2016, 08:20 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

NEED ADVICE:

PS3 HDMI issue: Just bought a use ps3, tested it out and it worked fine. Came home and plug into my Panasonic 42" Plasma and no signal. AV cable got signal, setting display, hold 5 seconds reset all also no signal. No issues when i plug into my Samsung 23" LCD Monitor. Anybody can help?

TSshahreza2000
post Mar 13 2016, 05:39 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

QUOTE(Shoot@M3 @ Dec 7 2015, 04:51 PM)
hi all, need some help here as I'm very new to console
i recently got a used ps3 from another forumner here
inside already got 4 games so at first i thot it's a 'JB' unit and as usual tried to copy a game onto it
but just a while ago i think i found out it's not JB, it has firmware of 4.7 so i think the 4 games inside is Digital Copy...
ok nvm, not gonna ask about JB stuff. i wana know if I can go ahead upgrade to the latest firmware for my ps3? that is firmware 4.76 right? but before that i wana know these things below
- will it wipe the 4 games inside already?
- do i need to sign in to PSN to do so? since im a new owner of the ps3, can I sign in as my own PSN ID? how do i create a PSN ID?
- i currently have issue on the sound, after watching lots of youtube on how to connect and fix the issue. the thing is I can connect to bluetooth speakers but sound still comes out from my tv hdmi no matter what i changed, so im planning to upgrade the firmware

my PS3 info below
- Fat version with 80gb
- firmware version 4.7

Cheers and TIA
ps: sorry for mentioning JB, it's just for info, hope its fine
Go ahead and upgrade to the latest firmware online. You will still keep those 4 games unless the account associated with it got deleted. You can create user id (in which associated with creation psn account - exisitng/new)

As for bluetooth speaker, ps3 doesn't support it. It only supports bluetooth headset for chat.

QUOTE(sphiroth @ Feb 26 2016, 05:49 PM)
Need advise/help

My Ps3 slim wireless function stop working... So now no wireless connection (wired works). The biggest problem is that wireless controller also didn't work, need to connect using usb cable.

So,  can this be fixed? Or can i use usb Bluetooth dongle?
You can reset ds3 bluetooth connection on your controller (using a needle). Or worst use a long usb cable and plug in to play.

QUOTE(euthanasia @ Feb 27 2016, 08:20 PM)
NEED ADVICE:

PS3 HDMI issue: Just bought a use ps3, tested it out and it worked fine. Came home and plug into my Panasonic 42" Plasma and no signal. AV cable got signal, setting display, hold 5 seconds reset all also no signal. No issues when i plug into my Samsung 23" LCD Monitor.  Anybody can help?
Can you set resolution to 720p on your samsung lcd monitor at ps3 display setting? and then test on plasma tv?

sphiroth
post Mar 13 2016, 06:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,804 posts

QUOTE(shahreza2000 @ Mar 13 2016, 05:39 PM)
You can reset ds3 bluetooth connection on your controller (using a needle). Or worst use a long usb cable and plug in to play.
Seems like both wireless function of my ps3 (bt and wifi) not working... Now have to play with long usb cable. Kinda sad because now I'm unable to play move games (i got full set with the gun)...
seepot
post Apr 21 2016, 05:58 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

My ps3 have a black screen problem when enter ps store or start a game. I change blu-ray drive from other faulty console. Anyone of u encounter this problem?
Freedom1104
post Apr 23 2016, 11:23 AM

Casual
429 posts

Hey all, anyone here had experience with Ps3 slim hdmi no signal but no problems output image from av before? i tried reset video setting, changing hdmi cable , try different tv and also opening the ps3 and see whether the hdmi port soldering got any broken pin or not, but also to no avail , so come out with one conclusion after researching on the internet, HDMI Control IC MN8647091 is fried, anyone had experience repair this before? approximately how much ?
kikurazz
post May 4 2016, 04:39 PM

kik.ur.azz
707 posts

QUOTE(shahreza2000 @ Dec 31 2012, 06:21 PM)
PS3 Hardware Service Providers

Here are a list of PS3 hardware service providers (repairing and troubleshooting) to help you in your Ps3 hardware issues.

1) Bernard from Gamer's Solution @ +603-26977728
2) Tim from Playtime Bangsar Shopping Center @ +6012 6716209
hi guys - problem with my power board (I suspect). Can find Bernard or Tim yeah?
Where's Gamer's Solution?
Zaryl
post May 29 2016, 09:17 PM

Hardcore Casual Gamer
1,523 posts

A question:

how do we topup for PSN Asia?
Can i use local CC like CIMB or maybank?
or i need to go and buy at SOny store or some forumer selling the topup?
midnight_plue
post May 30 2016, 10:27 AM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(Zaryl @ May 29 2016, 09:17 PM)
A question:

how do we topup for PSN Asia?
Can i use local CC like CIMB or maybank?
or i need to go and buy at SOny store or some forumer selling the topup?
yes you can use local CC.
just linked it to your psn account smile.gif

This post has been edited by midnight_plue: May 30 2016, 10:27 AM
sonerin
post Jun 2 2016, 09:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,690 posts

How do I setup for HDMI bitstream Audio in PS3 slim?
nazovic
post Jul 1 2016, 03:13 PM

8 posts

Hello. Anyone experienced service/repair PS3/PS4 at sony service centre? how was it?

gonna send my console there soon for internal dust cleaning/change new thermal paste.

Thank You
zactera
post Nov 21 2016, 12:39 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

hi , did any1 know, chances of ylod on ps3 super slim compare slim model?
Kumar_46
post Nov 26 2016, 05:15 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(zactera @ Nov 21 2016, 12:39 PM)
Mine going to be nearly 4 years and the first 2 years i wouldn't even bother to turn it off cause either i will be gaming or something is being downloaded. Back then i had psplus subscription so it will be downloading the games,and i had only 384kbps so it will stayed on for weeks. I think the general rule of thumb is that, just keep it well ventilated and dust them oftenly. So far never had any problem and till today i still game on it and watch netflix or youtube. Just keep them ventilated and i raised mine about an inch from the base and i believe you can reduce the chances of it getting ylod. Happy gaming smile.gif

This post has been edited by Kumar_46: Nov 26 2016, 05:17 PM
Lord Red
post Nov 27 2016, 01:35 AM

Getting Started
125 posts

QUOTE(zactera @ Nov 21 2016, 12:39 PM)
I read somewhere once that one way to prevent YLOD is to let the PS3 auto shut down after finish playing. Use the auto shut down feature of the PS3. I set mine to auto shut down after 1 hour of inactivity. This way the PS3 fan will keep on blowing and cooling the CPU when we are not using it rather than shutting down and turning off the fan. Never turn it OFF immediately after finish playing. I've had my PS3 Slim since 2012 and been using that method. Plus I put a cooler master below the cables at the back so that all the hot air will be blown out and up.

When I'm playing can sometimes get to 12 hours non-stop playing Madden, Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2 and especially since Skyrim Remastered came out. Got me back into the game and its been a pretty loooooonnnngggg gaming session. biggrin.gif That would make it like 30-40 hours a week if I'm on a marathon.

The longest is 14 hours non-stop I think. thumbup.gif Once I decided to stop, I just let the game pause and leave it like that. It will auto shut down after 1 hour and look after the CPU.
Maxieos
post Dec 17 2016, 08:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

What is the different on 12GB and 500GB ? why the price is still expensive even ps4 slim came out while ps3 still RM 999 ??
terryfu
post Dec 17 2016, 10:11 PM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Dec 17 2016, 08:28 PM)
What is the different on 12GB and 500GB ? why the price is still expensive even ps4 slim came out while ps3 still RM 999 ??
12 gb was previously special release in Europe and does not come with a hard drive. It was sold to accommodate gamers who want to put in their own hard drive (if I recall correctly) and was cheaper than standard 500 gb.

Why price still ex? Cause it's still a great system with great games. Long may it continue.
Maxieos
post Dec 17 2016, 10:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(terryfu @ Dec 17 2016, 10:11 PM)
12 gb was previously special release in Europe and does not come with a hard drive. It was sold to accommodate gamers who want to put in their own hard drive (if I recall correctly) and was cheaper than standard 500 gb.

Why price still ex? Cause it's still a great system with great games. Long may it continue.
So does it have warranty on sony malaysia where 12GB is cheaper ?
Still RM999 for ps3 where ps4 slim only RM1150.
Games still sold at ps3 ? I though all shift to ps4.
terryfu
post Dec 18 2016, 06:12 AM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Dec 17 2016, 10:24 PM)
So does it have warranty on sony malaysia where 12GB is cheaper ?
Still RM999 for ps3 where ps4 slim only RM1150.
Games still sold at ps3 ? I though all shift to ps4.
Not sure for the 12 GB version. It maybe store warranty only since I don't recall Sony Malaysia releasing 12 GB version (or SEA region at least).

Yes still got ps3 games. Sony has not discontinued PS3 btw so there are still some games development for it.
Poodlepaddly
post Dec 18 2016, 06:03 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

My PS4 dual shock R2 button spring seems to be loose. After clicking it wont return to its original position 100%. Is there a shop to repair this or a broken R2 = Death of dual shock?

Lots of game requires tapping R2 rapidly. Would be a waste to buy a new controller just because of a broken R2.

This post has been edited by Poodlepaddly: Dec 19 2016, 04:38 PM

57 Pages « < 49 50 51 52 53 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0264sec    0.54    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:14 PM