Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.
63 Pages « < 51 52 53 54 55 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> BlackBerry Z10 - Discussion Thread, First BB10 devices, dual-core, 2GB RAM

sayming
post Mar 12 2013, 11:42 PM

"Welcome, to my DEATH MACHINE, interloper!"
Group: Senior Member

Guys my z10 can't read sim card after I formatted the phone. Anyone had this problem before?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ultraman90
post Mar 13 2013, 12:01 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(sayming @ Mar 12 2013, 11:42 PM)
Guys my z10 can't read sim card after I formatted the phone. Anyone had this problem before?
No one have this problem yet..Maybe u need to try reload your os back..

Here is the link..

http://crackberry.com/how-reload-your-blac...perating-system
+Quote Post
mytmnet
post Mar 13 2013, 12:05 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(fablu @ Mar 12 2013, 11:22 PM)
You got your Z10 outright from SG bro? How much if you don't mind me askin...
Whole SG selling SGD800 with screen protector smile.gif
Some re-contract set might selling more cheaper...

Bright star set with 2 year warranty based on IMEI. smile.gif

+Quote Post
poyo
post Mar 13 2013, 12:09 AM

Getting Started

Brightstar Z10 set OS

Downloaded via the Z10 itself.
+Quote Post
vasderam
post Mar 13 2013, 12:14 AM

Casual

Quick reminder about the accessory sale guys. Getting some good demand so please hurry up. Not going to take any more orders after tomorrow.
+Quote Post
fablu
post Mar 13 2013, 12:19 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mytmnet @ Mar 13 2013, 12:05 AM)
Whole SG selling SGD800 with screen protector smile.gif
Some re-contract set might selling more cheaper...

Bright star set with 2 year warranty based on IMEI.  smile.gif
That's quite a good price. Works out to be around RM2K hmm.gif

Thanks for the heads up bro!
+Quote Post
antnine
post Mar 13 2013, 12:21 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Helmy Samad @ Mar 12 2013, 06:04 PM)
Ok just did my web based OS updatefor my STL100-2.  Now OS ver 10.0.10.690

Go here (since my unit is from UK - just in case actually): http://uk.blackberry.com/update.html?LID=u...tware#web-based.

And follow the instructions. It took around 3 hours on my windows 8 and P1 connection.

*My Z10 on digi prepaid anyway smile.gif

Good luck smile.gif
it didn't work for me...my phone can't be detected...no idea why...

+Quote Post
vasderam
post Mar 13 2013, 12:22 AM

Casual

QUOTE(fablu @ Mar 13 2013, 12:19 AM)
That's quite a good price. Works out to be around RM2K  hmm.gif

Thanks for the heads up bro!
Factor in your petrol and most importantly your time on getting it from SG as well smile.gif [assuming that you are going to drive across there!]
+Quote Post
Helmy Samad
post Mar 13 2013, 12:52 AM

QUOTE(antnine @ Mar 13 2013, 12:21 AM)
it didn't work for me...my phone can't be detected...no idea why...
Ok, you dont connect your z10 until another window pops up asking for your bb pin. Then only you connect yr z10 with yr pc. It'll will automatically detect yr pin and the update process begins. I was stuck here 3 times actually smile.gif

This post has been edited by Helmy Samad: Mar 13 2013, 01:08 AM
+Quote Post
vasderam
post Mar 13 2013, 01:28 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Helmy Samad @ Mar 13 2013, 12:52 AM)
Ok, you didnt connect your z10 until another window opos up asking for your bb pin. Then only you connect yr z10 with yr pc. It'll will automatically detect yr pin and the update process begins.
I followed Helmy's method (See his post earlier today) and then for some unknow reason in the Universe decided to do the exact following actions from what I can recall and the update showed up! 10.90

0. Logged on to http://uk.blackberry.com/update.html?LID=u...tware#web-based which is the link Helmy had in his post.
1. Went to Web Based updates section and followed the instructions. Installed the plugin with phone disconnected etc..
3a. After install, tried putting pluggin in the phone and then out. Nothing happened.
3b. By fate, I opened up Mozilla and went to: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html?
4. Clicked on the Check for updates
5. By some miracle, I actually plugged in my phone at the same time and then some weird thing happened.The phone turned off automatically and the BlackBerry sign against the black backgroung appeared. Then Link loaded up in the background which I ignored
6. Then the Microsoft bubble which states something like "BB with Pin 24CXXXX appeared" and I CLICKED on the bubble.
7. After that, the software update program detected the new OS. it was like 10.0.10.90 or something like that.
9. Then I got a prompt in another window which I happened to randomly stumble upon (as I pressed Alt + TAB) as I was panicking at this point since my BB was like acting weird.
10. The prompt actually said something along the lines of "if you want to install the new OS, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds". {conincedince that this is also step 10. HAHA...this is madness!}
11. Then the BB screen turned off and a bright Green light was shining in the LED. This goes on for about 5 minutes.
12. Now the phone seems to be in the usual BB startup mode with the BB logo and the blue progress bar around it.
13. A bubble will popup in windows as my pc now detects a new device, I just ignored it.
14. The progress bar seems to be moving quite quickly.
15. Phone starts up. Asks for micro SIM pin.
16. Asks for Language, I choose English (UK) as that is the only English I believe in.
17. Next up, the phone searches for a Mobile network which is different from previous startups, It never used to do this from what I remember. Connects to (shitty) Maxis
18. Searches for WifI, I enter password to my wifi network
19. Agreement / Warranty page which I ignore and agree to. Lol!
20. BB ID sign-in
21. Looks for software update. Then shows that "I have the latest available version of device software"
22. Gesture tutorial...(getting very impatient now...)
23. Setting --> About --> Set Device name to "BB10.my Rocks!!"
24. OS Software:
Attached Image

Downsides: All pics, Accounts (email, FB, Twits etc), contacts, emails, files, documents........Lost. f***!

Upside: I made sure I synced pictures and videos with BOX as soon as I got the Z10....so I got everything on the cloud smile.gif. I just had to sign in again and everything was there! I've synced my contacts to Gmail since my first ever BlackBerry in 2009 and have not lost a contact since so have restored everything back now.

Holy crap...this has been one hell of an exciting night. Whole process took about 15 mins maybe...On Unifi.

I need some sleep. Good night people. Hope the above works for you lot!

#LYNBlackBerryTeamRocks

This post has been edited by vasderam: Mar 13 2013, 01:32 AM
+Quote Post
sayming
post Mar 13 2013, 01:29 AM

"Welcome, to my DEATH MACHINE, interloper!"

Hmm okay.. If I don't have the receipt can I claim warranty from Brightstar? And where to claim if I don't want to go back to the telco (MAXIS)
+Quote Post
Helmy Samad
post Mar 13 2013, 01:45 AM

QUOTE(vasderam @ Mar 13 2013, 01:28 AM)
I followed Helmy's method (See his post earlier today) and then for some unknow reason in the Universe decided to do the exact following actions from what I can recall and the update showed up! 10.90

0. Logged on to http://uk.blackberry.com/update.html?LID=u...tware#web-based which is the link Helmy had in his post.
1. Went to Web Based updates section and followed the instructions. Installed the plugin with phone disconnected etc..
3a. After install, tried putting pluggin in the phone and then out. Nothing happened.
3b. By fate, I opened up Mozilla and went to: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html?
4. Clicked on the Check for updates
5. By some miracle, I actually plugged in my phone at the same time and then some weird thing happened.The phone turned off automatically and the BlackBerry sign against the black backgroung appeared. Then Link loaded up in the background which I ignored
6. Then the Microsoft bubble which states something like "BB with Pin 24CXXXX appeared" and I CLICKED on the bubble.
7. After that, the software update program detected the new OS. it was like 10.0.10.90 or something like that.
9. Then I got a prompt in another window which I happened to randomly stumble upon (as I pressed Alt + TAB) as I was panicking at this point since my BB was like acting weird.
10. The prompt actually said something along the lines of "if you want to install the new OS, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds". {conincedince that this is also step 10. HAHA...this is madness!}
11. Then the BB screen turned off and a bright Green light was shining in the LED. This goes on for about 5 minutes.
12. Now the phone seems to be in the usual BB startup mode with the BB logo and the blue progress bar around it.
13. A bubble will popup in windows as my pc now detects a new device, I just ignored it.
14. The progress bar seems to be moving quite quickly.
15. Phone starts up. Asks for micro SIM pin.
16. Asks for Language, I choose English (UK) as that is the only English I believe in.
17. Next up, the phone searches for a Mobile network which is different from previous startups, It never used to do this from what I remember. Connects to (shitty) Maxis
18. Searches for WifI, I enter password to my wifi network
19. Agreement / Warranty page which I ignore and agree to. Lol!
20. BB ID sign-in
21. Looks for software update. Then shows that "I have the latest available version of device software"
22. Gesture tutorial...(getting very impatient now...)
23. Setting --> About --> Set Device name to "BB10.my Rocks!!"
24. OS Software:
Attached Image
Downsides: All pics, Accounts (email, FB, Twits etc), contacts, emails, files, documents........Lost. f***!

Upside: I made sure I synced pictures and videos with BOX as soon as I got the Z10....so I got everything on the  cloud smile.gif. I just had to sign in again and everything was there! I've synced my contacts to Gmail since my first ever BlackBerry in 2009 and have not lost a contact since so have restored everything back now.

Holy crap...this has been one hell of an exciting night. Whole process took about 15 mins maybe...On Unifi.

I need some sleep. Good night people. Hope the above works for you lot!

#LYNBlackBerryTeamRocks
LOL! It took you 15 mins on unifi!!! Arghhhh took me nearly 3 hours on p1 tongue.gif
+Quote Post
vasderam
post Mar 13 2013, 02:06 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Helmy Samad @ Mar 13 2013, 01:45 AM)
LOL! It took you 15 mins on unifi!!! Arghhhh took me nearly 3 hours on p1 tongue.gif
Yep....Unifi is Danny fast...

Forgot to mention that I hav lost all my apps. Annoying but for a new zippy OS, don't really care. smile.gif
+Quote Post
aius026
post Mar 13 2013, 03:04 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ultraman90 @ Mar 12 2013, 09:21 PM)
Some say can work..Some say cannot work..We still don't know the real answer..
ive asked maxis people in sunway pyramid today and he straight answer z10 cannot use bis anymore. i was on the maxis bis 20 before this. my guess is that there is no longer unlimited bis. once u use the allowed quota, no more bbm which is for me, it's same with not having bis. when my credit went 0.00 i cant bbm but once i switch on wifi i can use bbm again. so now bbm = whatsapp ohmy.gif

edit: one newbie question, anyone knows any good app for data watching? something like 3g watchdog for android. i tried converting few android apps but none has worked so far. Ideas?

This post has been edited by aius026: Mar 13 2013, 03:28 AM
+Quote Post
fablu
post Mar 13 2013, 04:35 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(vasderam @ Mar 13 2013, 12:22 AM)
Factor in your petrol and most importantly your time on getting it from SG as well smile.gif [assuming that you are going to drive across there!]
Haha... I'm not that hardcore lerr... I've friends that goes in and out SG fairly often smile.gif
+Quote Post
poyo
post Mar 13 2013, 05:45 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(aius026 @ Mar 13 2013, 03:04 AM)
ive asked maxis people in sunway pyramid today and he straight answer z10 cannot use bis anymore. i was on the maxis bis 20 before this. my guess is that there is no longer unlimited bis. once u use the allowed quota, no more bbm which is for me, it's same with not having bis. when my credit went 0.00 i cant bbm but once i switch on wifi i can use bbm again. so now bbm = whatsapp  ohmy.gif
edit: one newbie question, anyone knows any good app for data watching? something like 3g watchdog for android. i tried converting few android apps but none has worked so far. Ideas?
I'm on Hotlink BIS RM98, auto renewed yesterday, started using my Z10 today around 7pm, and I've just checked via *100#, my BIS is still active, total usage abt 700MB.
+Quote Post
cruzzmz
post Mar 13 2013, 08:51 AM

uh weeee !!!!

QUOTE(aius026 @ Mar 13 2013, 03:04 AM)
ive asked maxis people in sunway pyramid today and he straight answer z10 cannot use bis anymore. i was on the maxis bis 20 before this. my guess is that there is no longer unlimited bis. once u use the allowed quota, no more bbm which is for me, it's same with not having bis. when my credit went 0.00 i cant bbm but once i switch on wifi i can use bbm again. so now bbm = whatsapp  ohmy.gif
i dont use bis, only data ... all seems can work, seems like BB is taking this step in hope that there will be ppl jumping boat (a lot sweat.gif) ... as of now, yes bbm does = whatsapp brows.gif

Sad to say no app can do that yet seems they dont have the API yet on data watching ... whistling.gif
+Quote Post
Fazri9900
post Mar 13 2013, 09:34 AM

Casual

guys..why the music at the blackberry world so wierd ar..

for example..i search coldplay and the search finding gave to me lot of tribute song of coldplay and karaoke song..

can anyone help?
+Quote Post
kelvinling
post Mar 13 2013, 11:14 AM

Getting Started

Guys, tried playing videos on Facebook but it won't rotate to Landscape. Anyone having the same issue?
+Quote Post
i am number 2
post Mar 13 2013, 11:22 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kelvinling @ Mar 13 2013, 11:14 AM)
Guys, tried playing videos on Facebook but it won't rotate to Landscape. Anyone having the same issue?
yes same with mine, i think it is becasue the FB app itself doesnt support landscape mode, hence the video play on fb wont rotate.

Anyway, i realise the BB z10 oso gets heat up easily when playing games....play few round of Anomaly Korea game, my phone become very warm....hope the OS update can solve this issue..or mayb it is game software issue..

This post has been edited by i am number 2: Mar 13 2013, 12:10 PM
+Quote Post

63 Pages « < 51 52 53 54 55 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0616sec    1.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 08:35 PM