Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

flower horn body color

views

TStesterretset
post Mar 15 2006, 05:49 PM, updated 19y ago

Getting Started
Validating
186 posts

is there any methods to add some color like blue,etc onto my flower horn fish body? coz currently my fish only got red color watever i feed all those colors enhancing food....or the body color depends on various type of the flower horn?
julchin_09
post Mar 15 2006, 06:13 PM

"Complicated Nutter"
7,485 posts

I heard that you have to feed them special food that enhances the colours. My friend dad also mentioned something about feeding it shrimp which you can either catch from the river or buy for a dollar in the fish shops. The thing has died down a lot now I see....You still keeping yours? I hope you didn't pay a fortune for it.....
uzairi
post Mar 16 2006, 12:07 AM

Team almostthere
6,744 posts

Last time i also got this flower horn. Cheap ones that doesnt have a nice colour. It died when i was away for my studies and it refuses to eat until it died. So sad... it died at the size of my palm.
hao
post Mar 16 2006, 01:21 PM

Quills™
5,469 posts

It depends on the species also, you can only enhance the colour, you cannot add any colour you like to the body doh.gif
uzairi
post Mar 16 2006, 01:38 PM

Team almostthere
6,744 posts

yeah. hao is rite. The food or any chemical that sold are just to enhance to body colour and not for adding extra colour onto the body.. haha.
Havoc Knightmare
post Mar 17 2006, 01:33 AM

Invictus
1,202 posts

i read some of the "colour enhancing" food that you feed contains hornmones which could be harmful to the fish. So.. take a syringe, fill it with buncho paint colour of your choice.. cucuk d flower horn and pump, you get an instantly coloured fish.. dats how some fishes look so nice... tongue.gif
max_cjs0101
post Mar 17 2006, 04:04 PM

Tarp hater and detector
Group Icon
Staff
1,361 posts

hmm..i know there are a fish shop which is selling hormones to produce the 'blue' coloration on the body...bought lst year but didn't use..hehe
goldfries
post Mar 17 2006, 11:54 PM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(testerretset @ Mar 15 2006, 05:49 PM)
is there any methods to add some color like blue,etc onto my flower horn fish body? coz currently my fish only got red color watever i feed all those colors enhancing food....or the body color depends on various type of the flower horn?
you must understand what are the species that made a flowerhorn, then you'll understand why there are no other colors. smile.gif

flowerhorn is a mixture of a trimac and a midas, probably some texas too.

here's what a trimac look like........ biggrin.gif
user posted image

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:41 AM