Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Google NEXUS 7 Official Thread @V4, Welcome to 2013!!Now with Android 4.2.1

views

pallidum
post Jan 12 2013, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy N7 but can u guys help me clarify some things.

1) First the main reason I wanna buy n7 because I want to study my lecture notes in powerpoint form pptx. Is there any apps that I can straight away read in pptx file ? Because in ipad I have to convert to pdf first. How to upload the pptx file to the system ? Can I just transfer it directly using usb cable ?

2) This is my first time moving to android and I use mac and about the rooting stuff, can I root it using my mac ?

3) How to know that the N7 is malaysian set ?
pallidum
post Jan 12 2013, 05:15 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

QUOTE(ahchun @ Jan 12 2013, 04:51 PM)
1. i do not have any pptx in my N7 right now. but i got docx and it can be read using kingsoft office. its free from Google play store. u just can directly transfer using data cable. no need convert. i can try out using pptx later if no ppl reply on this.

2. sorry i do not own any mac

3. normally by the power pin
else u can email Asus Malaysia
but so far US set Asus malaysia also acknowledge the warranty
Thank u so much guys for the reply ! smile.gif

Yeah, can u try the pptx format please ? Thank u

QUOTE(cocooh @ Jan 12 2013, 04:57 PM)
1. Transfer by USB or Google Drive, Kingsoft Office will do the trick

2. Mac Toolkit : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1837401

3. As said, it is 3 pin connector, any set from any country is honored here for warranty
Oh can just transfer to the N7 just like that ? Nice. Just like trensfer copy paste just like the usb pendrive is it ?

About the rooting, is it ok if I dont root. Will I lose my warranty if I root the device ? Is rooting is a safe process, means can u damage the system if u don't do it properly ?

pallidum
post Jan 12 2013, 05:16 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

QUOTE(chaukeng @ Jan 12 2013, 05:01 PM)
[attachmentid=3258310]
using kingsoft office.no modifications needed. however its abit laggy scroling through slides

Guys, thinking of rooting my Nexus 7 again, however how do i know whether my bootloader is still unlocked or not?
It was unlocked and rooted before and OTA update unrooted it.
Nice ! rclxms.gif

Laggy ? Hmmhh
pallidum
post Jan 12 2013, 05:30 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

QUOTE(cocooh @ Jan 12 2013, 05:17 PM)
laugh.gif Just paste the pptx inside a folder and navigate to it using Kingsoft

As for rooting, it is optional, no one forces you

You will lose warranty for rooting however u can gain it back by unrooting it

It is safe if you follow the procedure that is stated
Ok noted smile.gif

QUOTE(chaukeng @ Jan 12 2013, 05:20 PM)
Refer to my screenshot above. im reading my slides.

It's perfecty fine if you don't root. One day after some times you may find something you need, something extra which requires root, then only you should root your device. If you are happy as it is and you are not too bored then rooting is needless. However, rooting does enable you to do alot more and rooting a nexus 7 is very simple indeed. Though, one mistake without following instructions completely or insufficient reading can 'brick' your device. which can turn your device into an unusable brick. If you have zero knowledge in rooting, its better if you search videos like how to root a nexus 7 in Youtube and make sure you understand every steps the person is taking before you proceed, that is the more conservative way lah.
You mention earlier just now its a bit laggy is it ? Because I'm gonna put like 15gb of pptx files of studying purpose will it get more slower ?

One more thing if the slides is private means that when you open it in computer you can read it only and cannot change the contents of the slides because it has passwords. Is it readable ? Some of my lecture's slides is like that.

pallidum
post Jan 14 2013, 04:41 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

Hi guys,

I just purchased nexus 7c for rm1099at sengheng rclxm9.gif !

But their promotion about the free casing has ended making me a bit dissapointed,, However this does not stop me from buying,, I get 2 years warranty,,

Do u guys know where I can buy the best screen protector in this lyn thread ? Can u give me the link please tq.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0346sec    0.33    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:57 PM