Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

SPM 2013 Thread

views

onelove89
post Dec 22 2012, 07:59 PM

Fighter for God
3,107 posts

QUOTE(dccldccl @ Dec 22 2012, 06:18 PM)
Add me as well........ Pure science 9 subjects.

BTW i'm stuck on this add maths question.

The question is:
''If B is a root of the quadratic equation 2x^2=x+1, show that 4B^3=3B+1.''

Anyone can help me?
solve the quad equation to find X and B = one of the X, then prove the equation.
onelove89
post Dec 22 2012, 09:52 PM

Fighter for God
3,107 posts

QUOTE(medwolf @ Dec 22 2012, 09:33 PM)
the answer is B=1.

solve the quad equation.
when you solved the quad eq. you got two roots.
the root is 1 and -0.5 .

substitute both roots into the 4B^3=3B+1 .

you will find the answer is 1 because B=1 fits with the equation.
was hoping he'll get the answer himself ;p but yes, i got 1 too. -0.5 didn't fit.
onelove89
post Jan 4 2013, 11:40 AM

Fighter for God
3,107 posts

QUOTE(reconnaissance @ Jan 3 2013, 11:05 PM)
The average students I knew took them, and that enabled them to maintain top grades effortlessly.
Some don't but yet they still maintain great scores; some others fail.

Personally, one do not need require it at all, even to achieve scores equal to those that did.
Time management and discipline actually put more use in a two-hour session than a tutor can do so. Within two hour, I managed to skim through the entire Biology Form 4 and Form 5.
However, taking tuition gives one confidence.

It is entirely depending on one's preference. I suggest you not to.
Once you take tuition, you will not have the drive to study on your own anymore, you will wait for the tuition session to study, and the rest of the time is at waste, though this do not apply to everyone. But, majority, I believe, will agree with me that they did.
i love my tuition classes. I learn heaps more there than in class. Hence, I do all my studying there and I can have adequate rest/play during my free time smile.gif Works for me, but not for everyone. For add maths, either you can fork out at least 3-4 hours a week doing practices, or you can just pay the tuition teacher to do the same thing, only up point is that he/she can teach you if you don't know how to solve a problem rather than cracking your head all day.
onelove89
post Jan 4 2013, 02:15 PM

Fighter for God
3,107 posts

QUOTE(maximR @ Jan 4 2013, 01:00 PM)
These questions just won't stop , will they ? There are some issues regarding not reading previous posts, no matter how many times I've reiterated the fact that there are similar questions with answers .  blush.gif
I'd leave these for you to answer then , if you can tolerate them .  tongue.gif

I've a question for you that cropped up :

Where do you learn the techniques of answering Biology Paper 3 ?
i've totally no idea what is paper 3 already. And after looking it up, i have no memories of it at all =/ maybe during my time it didn't exist tongue.gif

I found this:
http://berryberryeasy.com/

not sure if it's useful or not.
onelove89
post Jan 4 2013, 04:02 PM

Fighter for God
3,107 posts

QUOTE(5p3ak @ Jan 4 2013, 02:19 PM)
The awkward moment when you never took tuition before and form 5 only have tuition classes.

laugh.gif
QUOTE(reconnaissance @ Jan 4 2013, 03:30 PM)
The Internet, and asking any Biology tutors I met at work.

Added on January 4, 2013, 3:31 pm
Why would it be awkward?
I never took tuition classes, and I even did marking and simple tutoring for several subjects, even for students older than me.
are you a teacher? biggrin.gif just curious ;p

nah, it's not compulsory to go for tuition. Depends on your study methods. To be honest, looking back now, tuition is still spoon feeding you with info, just the same as going to class in primary/sec school. If you can study on your own, ask when needed and just do things independently, then you'll definitely cope better in uni/college.
onelove89
post Jan 6 2013, 12:39 PM

Fighter for God
3,107 posts

QUOTE(1insane @ Jan 5 2013, 11:36 PM)
Do you think it is wise for me to take Chemical tuition?

I am not actually bad in the subject. Its just that I sometimes may not know how to answer questions in paper 2 and some chemical equations hence I ended losing marks. Usually, I will score 45+ for paper 1. Any 2cents thoughts?
Chemical tuition? blink.gif that sounds dangerous tongue.gif

alright, real stuff. do more paper 2 and 3 exercises? If not just go for it. My tuition teacher was awesome. We learnt way beyond our syllabus. (STPM stuff) So long you get the concepts (and some memorization) you should be fine smile.gif
onelove89
post Jan 6 2013, 07:55 PM

Fighter for God
3,107 posts

QUOTE(1insane @ Jan 6 2013, 07:03 PM)
Sry for the typing error. Btw, I went for my Chemistry tuition today and I shall see within the few weeks if it is good then I will continue. cool2.gif
just kidding back there =) yes, I think you can just try for a few times and decide? Some tuition lets you do so.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0177sec    0.54    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:31 PM