4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies Boycott MBO

views

pcphobic
post Feb 14 2013, 11:49 PM

Getting Started
287 posts

The 3d tech used at mbo is not real 3D. They use some technology to turn a normal movie into so called 3D. I was toldthat their 3D glasses are sasame lens as normal polaroid lenses found in sun glasses.

Also I saw a Chinese movie at citta mall mbo...was a 2D version aka high definition digital. It cost rm22. Turns out that Hall was couples type of seats.

This post has been edited by pcphobic: Feb 14 2013, 11:51 PM
synical
post Feb 15 2013, 04:04 PM

On my way
546 posts

Wow - really polarizing opinions.

I think I'll stick to either GSC or TGV la, for proximity reasons.
xin
post Feb 15 2013, 05:23 PM

Maisonducat Storekeeper
6,542 posts

MBO SPARK ... i went on Wednesday... and when wanna buy popcorn... they told me all the sets are sold out/ not available... only ala carte items which is POPCORNS and DRINKS ... obviously trying to leverage the price by cutting off the sets during CNY holidays. Bad move i say, ppl will resort to bring their own snacks.
fix24311
post Feb 17 2013, 01:22 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

i quite frequent MBO Kepong Village Mall, and there's not that much different in ticketing price compare others. quite comfortable in the seats, so i don't know where the complaints comes from? hmm.gif

my only bad experience was MBO Space U8. damn small theatre, air cond too cold, needs to stood ur head to watch shakehead.gif doh.gif
i've banned myself from ever going to MBO Space U8

my favorite spot is still Cathay @ The Curve thumbup.gif
defaultname365
post Feb 17 2013, 01:48 AM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,097 posts

QUOTE(fix24311 @ Feb 17 2013, 01:22 AM)
i quite frequent MBO Kepong Village Mall, and there's not that much different in ticketing price compare others. quite comfortable in the seats, so i don't know where the complaints comes from? hmm.gif

my only bad experience was MBO Space U8. **** small theatre, air cond too cold, needs to stood ur head to watch shakehead.gif  doh.gif
i've banned myself from ever going to MBO Space U8

my favorite spot is still Cathay @ The Curve thumbup.gif
MBO Kepong is fine. Frequently go to either GSC 1U or TGV Kepong, but MBO Kepong holds up well. The seats are little stiff though. Before this online booking not available for MBO Kepong, now it's available... smile.gif and that just makes life so much more easier.
calapia
post Feb 19 2013, 02:10 PM

On my way
683 posts

i ll support MBO. so far i hv been to MBO viva no problem with it. i have been to GSC and TGV also and no issue with it. No half price on wed or even the price is more expensive than other, you can always choose not to watch. They never force you to buy. Not famous does not mean cannot charge higher.
.:zaxiao:.
post Feb 19 2013, 03:26 PM

Casual
469 posts

MBO sucks, the one in Subang Parade has really foul scents. One hall has pee smell, another has prayer incense smell.
putramon
post Mar 7 2013, 05:48 PM

Casual
361 posts

i've ban MBO...tickets expensive, F and B also expensive..sucks!!
TechHub-Asia
post Mar 14 2013, 09:55 AM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(.:zaxiao:. @ Feb 19 2013, 03:26 PM)
MBO sucks, the one in Subang Parade has really foul scents. One hall has pee smell, another has prayer incense smell.
That is terrible... shocking.gif
SUSbe7a
post Mar 15 2013, 02:10 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

Mbo citta mall was pretty good for me. Watched die hard and django there. Very quiet place. Seats are new. Price is ok. Django 2d only rm13. Snacks a little expensive but overall experience is better than usual.
Ash
post Mar 16 2013, 12:24 PM

Legend
1,696 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Feb 17 2013, 01:48 AM)
MBO Kepong is fine. Frequently go to either GSC 1U or TGV Kepong, but MBO Kepong holds up well. The seats are little stiff though. Before this online booking not available for MBO Kepong, now it's available...  smile.gif  and that just makes life so much more easier.
There was once when the ticketing system went down in MBO Kepong with a queue of like 50 people and empty cinemas. Instead of allowing people to buy ticket manually, they decided to just call off the show and pushed everyone home. Was a pretty bad experience to me considering that it was only 10-30 minutes before the show would start and not many tickets were bought.
liez
post Mar 16 2013, 05:23 PM

Regular
1,346 posts

The thing i hate most about MBO is 1 normal carbonated drink = RM5 WTF!!!
7thSeal
post Mar 18 2013, 01:31 AM

8 posts

I went MBO Cinema @Citta Mall during chinese new year to catch ' Journey to the West'

The ticket pricing for me was RM 18 for the 2D untill i flash out my student card to be entitled for the RM 6 discount.

Overall it was good for me. seats are comfortable, hand-rest could be lifted up and down for adjustment. hall is big and comfy. Except for their drinks, had to pay RM5 for a single cup. Oh ya, toilet tak de tissue paper only cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif
ZairulGo
post Apr 9 2013, 05:08 PM

27 posts

MBO have shitty quality. but what i do love is when catch movie late night. after the counter close, they give free entrance. 3 times already watch free movie lol
syawal286
post May 2 2013, 05:17 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

mbo cannot buy ticket in advance.. wanna watch on monday, must buy on monday.. gsc n tgv let customer buy 1 week in advance..

also thing on the website is not same as at the cinema.. at cinema, iron man 3 hv more than 10 screening per day.. but the website show only 2.. n its not even the rite time..
cinema said 12.45.. but ticket i bought said 1.05.. luckily we arrived early..
SpeechLess11
post May 4 2013, 10:59 PM

Casual
484 posts

good about mbo
- student promo all the time
- online booking with student price
- normal popcorn more sweet and crunchy compare to tgv and gsc (but i prefer tgv royale popcorn and gsc seat..hard to satisfy yo)
- easier to get ticket as less ppl go

cons about mbo
- seat sux
- sometime have foul smell
- soft drink RM5!!!!
- orange juice RM7 !!!! (i better smuggle 1liter twister or minute maid in)
timori_rock
post May 7 2013, 01:32 PM

0 posts

agreed to playxboxwii.. the pop corn is nice
pcphobic
post May 17 2013, 02:39 PM

Getting Started
287 posts

QUOTE(ooikh @ Dec 4 2012, 11:09 AM)
MBO Cinemas opened their latest location in Citta Mall 2 weeks ago (22 Nov). I thought i should try it out on the first day (thinking maybe they have some opening promo). I took the lift to 3rd Flr. The place was deserted. I was informed only 4 halls are opened instead of the earlier announced 9 halls. I wanted to watch the cartoon "Rise of the Guardians" and I found out the ticket price is RM14.50 for normal show !!! This price is really exorbitant. So I decided not to watch the movie.

Yesterday I thought of giving MBO another try. I went with my 2 other friends to watch the 3D version of "Life of Pi". Guess how much the ticket price is?? RM25 !!! And on top of that we have to pay another RM2 for the 3D glasses. As I remember TGV and GSC does not charge for the glasses. Even the IMAX 3D ticket price is only RM26. So how come MBO is RM25 + RM2 ??? We found out the whole cinema hall has only couple seats. So 1 of my friend had to sit alone. The rest of the hall looks like any other cinema (maybe slightly bigger leg room). Even the chairs cannot lean back like GSC.

And guess what else?? The 3D glasses sucks! When we put on the 3D glasses, there is no 3D effect and some parts of the screen looks blurry. I felt like complaining to the management and get a refund on my ticket.

I think MBO is the worst cinema chain in Malaysia.

Actually this is my 2nd bad experience with MBO.

My first time was in Viva Homes when I wanted to watch a movie on Wed and found out that there is no half-price (the ticket still costs RM12).

I think I will still stick to GSC, TGV or Cathay.
OMG!!! I am in the same boat as you too. My experience is exactly the same as u...even the same movie as you. And you are right, the 3D is not clear...a bit blur.

I found out that their 3D is not real 3D version. I suspect there is a type of machine that can sort of turn a normal movie into 3D.

Also u noticed that their 3D glasses is not the same type as TGV or GSC? Somebody told me it is just normal polarized sun glasses.

I also took it home and tried to watch some 3D Youtube... failed!!

nickcct
post Jul 12 2013, 08:50 PM

Une Vie Fantastique
2,833 posts

QUOTE(SpeechLess11 @ May 4 2013, 10:59 PM)
good about mbo
- student promo all the time
- online booking with student price
- normal popcorn more sweet and crunchy compare to tgv and gsc (but i prefer tgv royale popcorn and gsc seat..hard to satisfy yo)
- easier to get ticket as less ppl go

cons about mbo
- seat sux
- sometime have foul smell
- soft drink RM5!!!!
- orange juice RM7 !!!! (i better smuggle 1liter twister or minute maid in)
But last time i went Viva Home, the staff tell me no student price on weekend.
SpeechLess11
post Jul 12 2013, 10:16 PM

Casual
484 posts

QUOTE(nickcct @ Jul 12 2013, 08:50 PM)
But last time i went Viva Home, the staff tell me no student price on weekend.
i tried twice d at mbo subang parade

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0189sec    0.63    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:53 AM