4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies Boycott MBO

views

mon678
post Dec 6 2012, 11:43 PM

Casual
462 posts

QUOTE(playxboxwii @ Dec 6 2012, 08:55 AM)
Mbo is always expensive but
The popcorn is nice
Its cold..i mean the air cond is not too cold or too warm,,feels nice
The seats are quite good too..

But for that expnsive price i dont mind going to gsc ..
Gsc ou and paradigm are the best
mbo popcorn is nice?! i think its the worst! the best popcorn is TGV.. the popcorn at mbo is sucks , its cold and feel like eating a paper..yuk..

This post has been edited by mon678: Dec 6 2012, 11:44 PM
playxboxwii
post Dec 7 2012, 01:49 AM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(mon678 @ Dec 6 2012, 11:43 PM)
mbo popcorn is nice?! i think its the worst! the best popcorn is TGV.. the popcorn at mbo is sucks , its cold and feel like eating a paper..yuk..
i went to subang parade and taste the popcorn only once
bcause the price is ridiculously expensive

tgv popcorn not bad but its so small..but tgv seats is not comfortable at all except for imax

overall i still prefer gsc .its the cheapest although popcorn is just ok ok only
seiluen
post Dec 7 2012, 04:21 AM

On my way
550 posts

today i watch Life of Pi [3D] at MBO.ticket price is RM18
xin
post Dec 7 2012, 11:07 AM

Maisonducat Storekeeper
6,542 posts

i watch movies at MBO Spark Petaling, no 3D in that cinema but usually their tickets are RM10 only. weird, looks like diff MBO diff pricing ? Mayb thats why they dun provide online ticketing like GSC and TGV.
sickx
post Dec 7 2012, 12:41 PM

:)
1,232 posts

QUOTE(xin @ Dec 7 2012, 11:07 AM)
i watch movies at MBO Spark Petaling, no 3D in that cinema but usually their tickets are RM10 only. weird, looks like diff MBO diff pricing ? Mayb thats why they dun provide online ticketing like GSC and TGV.
they already have online ticketing in their website.
xin
post Dec 7 2012, 01:05 PM

Maisonducat Storekeeper
6,542 posts

QUOTE(sickx @ Dec 7 2012, 12:41 PM)
they already have online ticketing in their website.
ok thanks for the info, i go have a look at their webbie...
TSooikh
post Dec 7 2012, 02:34 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(xin @ Dec 7 2012, 01:05 PM)
ok thanks for the info, i go have a look at their webbie...
Incidentally the Citta Mall outlet is still not in their website.

You are right....every MBO cinema has got different pricing. Maybe they think Ara Damansara people rich that's why they increase their prices there.
xin
post Dec 7 2012, 03:20 PM

Maisonducat Storekeeper
6,542 posts

their online ticketing also abit confusing too ... select movie then only cinema... still need improvement though.
ftf87
post Dec 7 2012, 04:39 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

QUOTE(ooikh @ Dec 4 2012, 11:09 AM)
MBO Cinemas opened their latest location in Citta Mall 2 weeks ago (22 Nov). I thought i should try it out on the first day (thinking maybe they have some opening promo). I took the lift to 3rd Flr. The place was deserted. I was informed only 4 halls are opened instead of the earlier announced 9 halls. I wanted to watch the cartoon "Rise of the Guardians" and I found out the ticket price is RM14.50 for normal show !!! This price is really exorbitant. So I decided not to watch the movie.

Yesterday I thought of giving MBO another try. I went with my 2 other friends to watch the 3D version of "Life of Pi". Guess how much the ticket price is?? RM25 !!! And on top of that we have to pay another RM2 for the 3D glasses. As I remember TGV and GSC does not charge for the glasses. Even the IMAX 3D ticket price is only RM26. So how come MBO is RM25 + RM2 ??? We found out the whole cinema hall has only couple seats. So 1 of my friend had to sit alone. The rest of the hall looks like any other cinema (maybe slightly bigger leg room). Even the chairs cannot lean back like GSC.

And guess what else?? The 3D glasses sucks! When we put on the 3D glasses, there is no 3D effect and some parts of the screen looks blurry. I felt like complaining to the management and get a refund on my ticket.

I think MBO is the worst cinema chain in Malaysia.

Actually this is my 2nd bad experience with MBO.

My first time was in Viva Homes when I wanted to watch a movie on Wed and found out that there is no half-price (the ticket still costs RM12).

I think I will still stick to GSC, TGV or Cathay.
I actually like MBO Cinema. Usually not many people go there so sometimes you have the whole cinema by urself. The ticket in S-Park is cheap compare to GSC and TGV. I dont know MBO has different pricing for different branch. Nonit boycott here boycott there la, if you dont like just dont go.
mon678
post Dec 8 2012, 06:48 PM

Casual
462 posts

QUOTE(ooikh @ Dec 7 2012, 03:34 PM)
Incidentally the Citta Mall outlet is still not in their website.

You are right....every MBO cinema has got different pricing. Maybe they think Ara Damansara people rich that's why they increase their prices there.
yup i agree with u mbo cinema pricing depend on the place...and the quality also depends on where the mbo situated..not all mbo seats its ok..depend on the places..
micgil
post Dec 20 2012, 03:34 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

How's MBO Subang Parade? Seats, movie and sound quality ok?
archinkent
post Dec 20 2012, 05:13 PM

Getting Started
285 posts

QUOTE(micgil @ Dec 20 2012, 03:34 PM)
How's MBO Subang Parade? Seats, movie and sound quality ok?
bad and good experiences. seats are good. u can get premium seats which are rm1 more. aircond is very cold if u like that. but sound quality wise i had 2 bad experiences when the sound cut off or became quieter. also once it was leaking during heavy rain.

i only go there cuz its easier to get tickets, and also parking.
figure8
post Dec 20 2012, 08:06 PM

...dear future, come get me
3,174 posts

huhu. say no to MBO. went there a couple of times. aircon super cool, they put the fan in really high speed n i felt really uncomfortable.
micgil
post Dec 21 2012, 12:16 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(archinkent @ Dec 20 2012, 05:13 PM)
bad and good experiences. seats are good. u can get premium seats which are rm1 more. aircond is very cold if u like that. but sound quality wise i had 2 bad experiences when the sound cut off or became quieter. also once it was leaking during heavy rain.

i only go there cuz its easier to get tickets, and also parking.
Oh no! I just bought tickets for Les Miserables. Hope I won't have major bad experience while watching the movie :/
skylinelover
post Dec 24 2012, 06:40 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,478 posts

is MBO really teruk? i went 2 johor outlet ones no problem yet. laugh.gif rclxms.gif
Damonzero
post Dec 24 2012, 09:45 PM

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
1,467 posts

Desa petaling MBO sucks, bad crowd, bad seats, creeky noisy door, bad sound insulation, really bad experience and never go again.
GrandElf
post Dec 26 2012, 01:05 PM

HyunA
1,146 posts

Weird...I go Subang MBO for twice de (The Hobbit & Wreck it Ralph) recently and it was a pleasant experience.....just 1 thing to complaint is they didnt turn off the light of the KELUAR sign....making tat sign a distraction when watching movie....

and btw, the price is also reasonable....Watch The Hobbit couple seat with 3D for RM29 while Life of Pi for same condition at TGV Setia Walk charge me almost RM40++.....big diff
twelee
post Dec 26 2012, 03:04 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

I guess everyone has different expectation on things in life.
Perhaps other MBO is better?

Some peoples wouldn't mind paying slightly more for convenience biggrin.gif such distance from work place or home. ( Just imagine stuck in traffic for 30 mins - 1 hours to go to 1U or any other place) while MBO is 5 mins drive away?

I also had boycotted lotsa place due to various reasons and i can undertsand how TS feel about this.

Advise to TS :- Do what you think is the best for yourself.

skylinelover
post Dec 27 2012, 01:35 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,478 posts

haha well said rclxms.gif
lyn_grayskale
post Jan 29 2013, 09:39 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

MBO citta mall -
Watched 'Mama' and 'The Impossible' - surprisingly quite pleasant - probably because it just opened and seats and equipment are still new.

All seats seem to have retractable arm rests.

Sound and projection quality rivals even the other more well known theater chains, exceeds that of GSC tropicana (one of the plexes has very dim and blurry projection - regretted watching 'Jack Reacher' there - was like watching VCD...) - and also after experiencing underwhelming sound quality for 'Les Miserables' at GSC 1u.

Excellent for those staying nearby in subang and don't want to endure the crowd and traffic to 1u/curve/tropicana.

Can't comment on 3D yet - maybe hansel&gretel this week...

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0184sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:15 AM