Fund Investment Corner v3, Funds101

views

izzudrecoba
post Nov 24 2012, 10:05 AM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Nov 24 2012, 08:17 AM)
As per many requests, here's the new version - v3:
Since v2 is locked, I couldn't quote the first page.
Dear Investors,

Do you have any ideas why Kenanga Syariah Growth Fund Designated Manager was changed, from Mr. Chen Fan Fai to Chung Yee Wah? Who is this Chung Yee Wah? Is his stock-picking stratey coherent with Mr. Chen Fan Fai?

http://www.fundsupermart.com.my/main/admin...eetMYKNGSGF.pdf
izzudrecoba
post Dec 6 2012, 11:09 AM

Enthusiast
749 posts

izzudrecoba :
Hi Fundsupermart,

Do you have any ideas why Kenanga Syariah Growth Fund Designated Manager was changed, from Mr. Chen Fan Fai to Chung Yee Wah? Who is this Chung Yee Wah? Is his stock-picking stratey coherent with Mr. Chen Fan Fai?

As a consistent KSGF investors, I request your kind response to my question.

Regards,
Izzudrecoba

Fundsupermart Team:
Dear Izzudrecoba,

We have the answers from KIB for your questions as below:

Mr. Chung Yee Wah joined KIIB as the Chief Investment Officer in February 2012. He brings with him more than 18 years of experience in the investment field, managing domestic and regional equity portfolios. Yee Wah started off as an Investment Analyst in 1993 and had worked in UMBC Securities and HSBC Securities (Malaysia) before he joined Abu Dhabi Investment Authority as a Fund Manager in 1998. He returned to Malaysia in 2007 and joined AmInvestment Bank as an Associate Director for institutional sales (equity). Yee Wah then moved on to UOB-OSK Asset Management as an Associate Director to manage institutional funds before he joined KIIB. Yee Wah earned a BBA from the National University of Malaysia with a major in finance.

Yee Wah, is the designated fund manager for Kenanga Syariah Growth Fund and he is a member of Mr. Chen Fan Fai’s investment team and using the same strategy as adopted by the team. Therefore, there will not be any changes on investment style, investment philosophy, or any portfolio restructuring for Kenanga Syariah Growth Fund.

The team has been consistently adopting the below investment strategies :
i. bottom-up stock picking team that meets the 3 main criteria
- Company with sustainable business model
- Run by competent & proven management
- Trading below what we consider ‘true’ or intrinsic value range
ii. Does not actively time the market
iii. Focus on long term performance rather short term volatility (eg. at the final phase of a bull market because our investment process/valuation discipline will not allow us to chase the ‘hot’ stocks).

Hope these answer your queries.

Best regards,
Fundsupermart Team

izzudrecoba
post Jan 14 2013, 09:16 AM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Jan 12 2013, 06:28 PM)
If you're scared of that, divert your portfolio to offshore based fund.
Hi David83, pertaining to the upcoming GE, is it wise to divert our portfolio to offshore based fund, or convert our local equity to local bond fund? icon_question.gif
izzudrecoba
post Jan 14 2013, 11:37 AM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(Pink Spider @ Jan 14 2013, 09:35 AM)
For me, I keep my local equity funds at minimum holding/minimal % of my portfolio.
TQ Pink. Keep minimum by buying oversea equity or increasing % in local bond?
izzudrecoba
post Dec 1 2020, 02:42 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

Walawei. Precious Metals Securities rose by 13% on 30 November 2020 shocking.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0169sec    0.35    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:55 PM