Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nissan almera vl spec vs Honda city s spec

views

kidmad
post Nov 23 2012, 12:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,370 posts

QUOTE(freddieloo @ Nov 22 2012, 11:59 PM)
Choosing between this two model, for vios I woulnt take because my bro already have one at house. No Korean car for me. I need a good fc car n good nvh. Price as I know Honda city s will have discount so price will almost same as almera. Hope all sifu can give some comment. Thanks
good fc must get hybrid liao... korean cars now days are as good or better than the japanese. Sushi VS Kimchi.
kidmad
post Nov 23 2012, 12:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,370 posts

QUOTE(freddieloo @ Nov 23 2012, 12:10 AM)
But I plan drive n sell de car after 4 to 5 year. Well I care for de resale value as Korean car resell value still unknown. Nissan n Honda resale at least still hav in market. + my gf don't like Korean brand car.

But I must admit nw day Korean car very sexy  biggrin.gif
Hurm.. okay then just get City leh.. 5k rebate and 5 year warranty.. I think much safer than getting a Vios.. As Almera.. there is a long waiting list..
kidmad
post Nov 23 2012, 01:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,370 posts

QUOTE(whyeo6 @ Nov 23 2012, 01:04 AM)
Typical Malaysian prefer Japanese over Korean cars. My suggestion is go for a test drive for forte then the 2 Japanese car u mention. I'm not a kimchi fan but forte is more value for money and it's a C segment car
look nicer in and out too! haha. but hey i think everyone has their preference..
kidmad
post Nov 23 2012, 04:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,370 posts

QUOTE(Mamapapamsia @ Nov 23 2012, 03:49 PM)
Cant believe ppl still trust reviews from the web , magazines and whatnot. Most of them are unreliable.
And the writer writes unspectacular compared to what? When he writes unspectacular , i am sure he has another car to compare with in his mind. Of cuz unspectacular if compared to a 2.0 turbocharged car. But within the 1.5l category, its as good as it gets. You want unspectacular, go try a forte 1.6. Now thats what i call unspectacular.  shakehead.gif
Forte 1.6 is unspectacular? The reason why i choose Forte was because i don't feel like driving the City and since my gurls owns a vios and i don't like a vios i decided to go along with Forte. Forte has better hp, torque and of course handles batter as well with it's wider tyre. In which sense you are talking about the unspectacular part? It has better interior design, it has bigger space for more comfort and it has better safety feature as well. Not to mentioned the gadget and attractive electronics they are throwing into the car.

So tell me where is the upper hand of a honda city besides of the so called better 2nd hand value of the car? it accelerates slower than a vios as well not to mention and when i ask my girl about the car.. She say she HATE it. still it's a good deal if you are going for a sushi car. 5 years warranty and to have it service every 5k.. that gonna cost even more.

Added on November 23, 2012, 4:24 pm
QUOTE(ralph_lauren @ Nov 23 2012, 04:21 PM)
mazda 2 berjaya 1.... see liao also sianz...somemore car look cheap.... Zzzzzz....
but fuel consumption is good and the hatch is quite sporty as compared to a vios or city. Driven by a lady.. it would definitely look good.

This post has been edited by kidmad: Nov 23 2012, 04:24 PM
kidmad
post Nov 23 2012, 05:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,370 posts

QUOTE(ahchun @ Nov 23 2012, 05:26 PM)
what actualy u want out from your new car?
can you list down for us?
1. FC
2.?
3.?

if for me i want space and almera really got that space.
driving experience about the same for both unless u always high rev
interior design wise H/City slightly better
exterior almera with body kit look OK

so what u actually want?

most of them here will start debate about korean car vs japanese car
and not even give u answer to ur question
they even ignore even u after told them to exclude korean car
Welcome to F&F. The peeps here aint average joe who knows nut about car and neither are they worshipping to the few mentioned brand. I'm pretty sure they are being kind enough to inform u and provide u with more info as off why in this price tag there are quite a number of better spec cars available.

If u are xpecting a brand centric discussion and opinion perhaps u could head on to the car club section and ask for more oppinion. Asking here... im pretty sure the preve owner can give u 101 reason why city is an overprice car with a money sucking maintenance schedule. Haha
kidmad
post Nov 23 2012, 05:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,370 posts

QUOTE(ahchun @ Nov 23 2012, 05:46 PM)
i think the reason TS asking here in a general forum so that he can get answer for both brand he shortlisted
or get input from owners/same ppl that survey those cars

not to get answer for a car he already mention he prefer not to buy

i am just an average joe and know nuts about car.
When u need to ask an open end question u tend to get more feedbacks.. I think the others would provide u a solid justification on whats better but at the end od the day its his choice? As u would have said.. its a general forum section prepare to get all the answer from various car owner and car enthusiast.

If u had not notice we have quite a number of peeps here who would not agree that vios and city isn't a good car for the price paid.
kidmad
post Dec 4 2012, 01:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,370 posts

QUOTE(freddieloo @ Nov 25 2012, 10:59 AM)
Thanks for all sifu opinion. There is few thing I wish to ask from all sifu:
1) hw is city n forte 1.6sx fc? I heard lot of ppl comment fc on forte like drink water sweat.gif

2) n hw is de city n forte 1.6 sx nvh?

(test drive only can do short test, so not quite so sure for de above inquiry) rclxub.gif
1) Forte 1.6SX - rm82 around 450km. Vios 1.5E - rm65 around 400km. to me + - la. About 200kg extra for it's kerb weight.. expected.
2) City NVH seems better imo, but that's only because of Forte is given with a pair of useless donut.. Do some sound proofing on the wheel arch i think it would reduce the noise greatly.

Added on December 4, 2012, 1:16 am
QUOTE(ImUrDaddY @ Dec 4 2012, 12:48 AM)
+1 heheh ... korean = cosmetic....

if i buy korean cars ill say korean is good as f***

if i buy jap car ill say jap is good as f***

so get it?hehe
but ill go with jap anytime over koreans.. but the price is annoying..potong leher
It's more like both having pros and cons.. The japanese B-segment is agile perfect combination for city drive imo, that's why even with 1 airbag and less safety feature it's still save to ride on them if you are just using it to commute to work. On the other hand the korean price their C-segment @ the price of the japanese B-segment which give a whole new level of ball game to play with.

Thus if you are someone who would take your ride back home, north, east, south, or west.. don't waste your time.. Get the Korean rides but if you soul purpose is to have it within town, then get any ride would do even Myvi is alright.

This post has been edited by kidmad: Dec 4 2012, 01:16 AM
kidmad
post Dec 4 2012, 01:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,370 posts

QUOTE(Daniel John @ Nov 23 2012, 06:25 PM)
city engine cant beat vios pickup? is there any source? cos i experience the other way around whereby city outrun the vios from standstill...
young padawan, enlighten me both city and vios is having about the same hp&torque but the thing is that City is 100kg extra as compared to Vios. Logically you should get the answer.

Well i drove a vios to honda showroom for the test drive on city.. maybe I'm still not use to it or maybe the SA is too damn heavy but indeed i felt the City was slightly slower in terms of accelerating as compared to Vios.

Added on December 4, 2012, 1:32 am
QUOTE(pigduck @ Dec 4 2012, 01:18 AM)
what does NVH stand for?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise,_vibration,_and_harshness

This post has been edited by kidmad: Dec 4 2012, 01:32 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.37    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:17 PM