Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Games Final Fantasy X™ HD (PS3/PSVITA), Listen to my story again in HD...

views

midnight_plue
post Jun 22 2015, 04:02 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(shinjite @ Jun 18 2015, 04:18 PM)
Squeenix now busy on other things, basking in the glory of announcing FF7 Remake, World of FF, KH3 updates and etc etc at E3
Mana ada time for FFX Remaster HD issues now laugh.gif
hahaha yeap! they may roll it out later... say year end? XD
till then it's ps3 version for me tongue.gif

This post has been edited by midnight_plue: Jun 22 2015, 04:02 PM
DWExia
post Jun 23 2015, 10:04 AM

Getting Started
140 posts

Looks like Im an idiot who missed out on Anima. And there's no way I can beat Dark Shiva until i've grind another 100 hours

Oh man.
hensky
post Jun 23 2015, 02:17 PM

On my way
644 posts

QUOTE(DWExia @ Jun 23 2015, 10:04 AM)
Looks like Im an idiot who missed out on Anima. And there's no way I can beat Dark Shiva until i've grind another 100 hours

Oh man.
yojimbo may help you blush.gif
midnight_plue
post Sep 5 2015, 12:01 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

yes! the ps4 version RNG and Music issue fixed! patch released~~~~

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/09/fina...issues-patched/
shinjite
post Sep 6 2015, 08:48 PM

�ŞħĬΩĵΐŦ��
All Stars
19,176 posts

After freaking finally lol
SSJBen
post Sep 6 2015, 09:09 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

But they didn't fix the DD5.1 > stuck in stereo after CG scenes issue. doh.gif
shinjite
post Sep 7 2015, 10:00 AM

�ŞħĬΩĵΐŦ��
All Stars
19,176 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Sep 6 2015, 09:09 PM)
But they didn't fix the DD5.1 > stuck in stereo after CG scenes issue. doh.gif
Not game breaking that's why squuenix no bother tongue.gif
midnight_plue
post Sep 7 2015, 12:07 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(shinjite @ Sep 7 2015, 10:00 AM)
DD5.1 > stuck in stereo after CG scenes issue

which problem is this ah? i just started back the game on ps4 after they fix the patch lol.
shinjite
post Sep 7 2015, 02:06 PM

�ŞħĬΩĵΐŦ��
All Stars
19,176 posts

Probably I will get a copy too tongue.gif
SSJBen
post Sep 7 2015, 02:53 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(shinjite @ Sep 7 2015, 10:00 AM)
It's annoying... tsk. vmad.gif

QUOTE(midnight_plue @ Sep 7 2015, 12:07 PM)
DD5.1 > stuck in stereo after CG scenes issue

which problem is this ah? i just started back the game on ps4 after they fix the patch lol.
If you bitstream Dolby from your PS4 or PS3, the game will run in DD5.1 mode. But because the CG scenes back in the day was recorded in stereo 2.0, they forgot to implement an internal upmix for the CG scenes so that it will Dolby PLII during the CG scenes.

What this means is that everytime a CG scene plays and then cut back into real-time gameplay (which is quite often in FFX as everyone knows), the audio will then get bugged and will suddenly run in stereo, gets stuck like that until the game is restarted.
This isn't a game breaking issue, but for those people who play with multi-speaker setup, the sudden change to only FL and FR speakers will be just weird. All other speakers become muted. Even more annoying is that for those who have an AVR that auto upmix stereo to Dolby PLII (which sounds like crap btw), the audio will then all sound out of balance with no sense of directional audio cues.

Of course, if you don't use multi-speaker setups, then this isn't an issue. You can just set your PS4 to LPCM and the game will just be locked in stereo from the start.
shinjite
post Sep 7 2015, 03:07 PM

�ŞħĬΩĵΐŦ��
All Stars
19,176 posts

Another annoying thing SQUEENIX needs to do is to implement a bloody skip scene button @_@

After all these years, still fall on deaf ears
midnight_plue
post Sep 8 2015, 02:04 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Sep 7 2015, 02:53 PM)
It's annoying... tsk.  vmad.gif
If you bitstream Dolby from your PS4 or PS3, the game will run in DD5.1 mode. But because the CG scenes back in the day was recorded in stereo 2.0, they forgot to implement an internal upmix for the CG scenes so that it will Dolby PLII during the CG scenes.

What this means is that everytime a CG scene plays and then cut back into real-time gameplay (which is quite often in FFX as everyone knows), the audio will then get bugged and will suddenly run in stereo, gets stuck like that until the game is restarted.
This isn't a game breaking issue, but for those people who play with multi-speaker setup, the sudden change to only FL and FR speakers will be just weird. All other speakers become muted. Even more annoying is that for those who have an AVR that auto upmix stereo to Dolby PLII (which sounds like crap btw), the audio will then all sound out of balance with no sense of directional audio cues.

Of course, if you don't use multi-speaker setups, then this isn't an issue. You can just set your PS4 to LPCM and the game will just be locked in stereo from the start.
ah thanks for the explaination, i don't use multi speaker setup and left all most of the configs of the game and PS4 to default, so maybe that's why I didn't notice it.

well, annoying as it is, not as bad as the RNG problem. tongue.gif

but why... WHY NO SKIP SCENE??? >.<
shinjite
post Sep 8 2015, 03:18 PM

�ŞħĬΩĵΐŦ��
All Stars
19,176 posts

QUOTE(midnight_plue @ Sep 8 2015, 02:04 PM)
ah thanks for the explaination, i don't use multi speaker setup and left all most of the configs of the game and PS4 to default, so maybe that's why I didn't notice it.

Because no skip scene is not game breaking tongue.gif
SSJBen
post Sep 8 2015, 06:16 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(midnight_plue @ Sep 8 2015, 02:04 PM)

As much as I berate the no-skip cutscene feature, it actually requires a lot of testing to implement in FFX/X-2. Yeah, it's an ancient option that should be standard by today and there's really no excuse, but the original programmers will need to come in and re-test to see everything works when a cutscene is being skipped.

Reason being, on the PS2 days, the game was put on a buffer when a CG plays. Squaresoft back then wanted the whole seamless cutscene into gameplay thing, but the PS2 had very little RAM to work with so they needed to stream assets in the background, in and out simultaneously to keep everything in the same buffer.

When the port was done onto the Vita and PS3, re-writing the entire game to run differently in the background would be just too much for Squeenix. Remember, the whole remaster release is nothing more than a quick cash-grab, it's free money on the table by doing as little as possible to the game's core structure.

QUOTE(shinjite @ Sep 8 2015, 03:18 PM)
Because no skip scene is not game breaking tongue.gif
It's time breaking. ph34r.gif
shinjite
post Sep 9 2015, 08:59 AM

�ŞħĬΩĵΐŦ��
All Stars
19,176 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Sep 8 2015, 06:16 PM)
It's time breaking.  ph34r.gif
Tell me about it man ph34r.gif
Stevenc89
post Sep 29 2015, 05:22 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

Did something interesting to To Zanarkand using Garageband for iPad. Hehe.

59 Pages « < 57 58 59Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0176sec    0.73    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:20 PM