Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

FIRST BLU-RAY DISC TITLES (MOVIE'S)

views

greyshadow
post Mar 3 2006, 11:49 AM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

anyway...

Seems like BR-DVD will be a clear winner this time since many movie studios already announce they are releasing BR format movie coming this summer... and the price is about the same as the DVD, but slightly expensive but still affordable.

Feb 8, 2006 - Sony Announces Pricing for Blu-ray Movies
Blu-ray Disc

Sony Pictures on Tuesday became the first major studio to put a price tag on Blu-ray discs when they become available in US stores this year. Catalog Blu-ray disc titles will wholesale for $17.95, about the same as DVDs when that format hit the market in 1997. New-release Blu-ray discs will wholesale for $23.45, a premium of 15%-20% over what suppliers were charging for new theatrical DVDs. The higher pricing structure for new releases is meant to accommodate the sell-through and rental markets, said Benjamin Feingold, president of Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. He added that Sony will not attach any suggested list prices to its Blu-ray discs, at least not at this time. "From the retail perspective, this is going to be a hot product, and retailers will no doubt determine their own margin structure," he said. "We believe in a free market." Blu-ray discs likely will start showing up in stores by early summer.
Feb 27, 2006 - Lionsgate Announces Titles for Blu-ray Launch
Blu-ray Disc

Lionsgate, the leading independent filmed entertainment company, today announced plans to release 10 titles on the next-generation high-definition Blu-ray Disc (BD) to coincide with the arrival of the first commercially offered BD players in stores. The first wave, available at retail on May 23, will include Crash and Lord of War, priced at a $39.99 SRP, and The Punisher, Saw and Terminator 2: Judgment Day, marked at a $29.99 SRP. The second wave with five additional titles will follow shortly thereafter with a June/July date still to be determined. These BD titles include Reservoir Dogs, Total Recall, Stargate and Frank Herbert's Dune priced at $29.99, while The Devil's Rejects will be available at a $39.99 SRP.
Jan 12, 2006 - Digital Playground to Support Blu-ray Disc Format
Blu-ray Disc

The adult film maker Digital Playground, which claims to control 40 percent of the US adult DVD market and is reported to have sales of $12.6bn in 2005, today told Adult Video News (AVN) that they've decided to support the Blu-ray format and release movies as soon as hardware becomes available. "We feel that of the two formats, it's the one that's more future-proofed," said Digital Playground's president and founder, who identifies himself as Joone. "We'll probably start with Pirates and Island Fever 3, because those are top sellers and they're already available in high-def." Digital Playground has been preparing for the shift to HD for two and a half years now by shooting all of its films in HD and currently has a library of over 50 movies ready to be released in HD with five new movies added every month.
Even the adult videos also will be releasing in High definition BR format... laugh.gif

Seems like a clear winner thou... tongue.gif
g5sim
post Mar 3 2006, 12:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,472 posts

QUOTE(htkaki @ Mar 2 2006, 02:36 PM)
agree. Look at VCD. It still sruviving albeit dying. It will takes quite some time to replace DVD. It wld not be an overnight thing as the Blu-ray or HD-DVD disc will be expensive not to mention its hardware. I doubt many ppl will buy when it hits the mart. Just like when DVD Player hits the market, it is far within reach of many ppl.
as long as the BR player has the audio and video output, people will get in 'transfered' into a regular non BR disk DVD thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
g5sim
post Mar 3 2006, 12:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,472 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Mar 3 2006, 11:49 AM)
said Digital Playground's president and founder, who identifies himself as Joone. "We'll probably start with Pirates because
why would they start with title lidat.... i know lah BR anti pirate laugh.gif laugh.gif
greyshadow
post Mar 3 2006, 01:12 PM

1,826 posts

QUOTE(g5sim @ Mar 3 2006, 12:04 PM)
why would they start with title lidat.... i know lah BR anti pirate  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
that one is the real jack sparrow type of pirate lar... except with no clothes on tongue.gif laugh.gif
htkaki
post Mar 3 2006, 07:17 PM

Maxx Audio Visual
14,193 posts

Adult movies in HD!!!!! Aiyo. *pengsan*
scotty
post Mar 3 2006, 07:26 PM

THX Certified Conman
Group Icon
Staff
4,380 posts

QUOTE(htkaki @ Mar 3 2006, 07:17 PM)
Adult movies in HD!!!!! Aiyo. *pengsan*
not to forget bout 7.1 surroound sound with commentary by the actress or director biggrin.gif okie get to the point. now chinese market are all into BR now. u can get some of the china brand player at a very cheap price
greyshadow
post Mar 4 2006, 09:37 AM

1,826 posts

Hahaha... clear & crisp picture and 7.1 digital surround for adult movie... just like they are "doing" it right infront of you laugh.gif
it will be "AV" enthusiats wet dream tongue.gif

btw... back to topic tongue.gif
How cheap is cheap for the china made BR player?? RM200? RM300?
I hope current BR player also are backward compatible to play DVD, I dun wanna to have one player just for BR and another player just for my DVD library tongue.gif

Well... if Chinese market is already into BR now... seems like HD will be a goner wink.gif

Cahill
post Mar 4 2006, 09:43 AM

-- Type (R) --
2,754 posts

will the chinese market going to have pirated one soon? laugh.gif
g5sim
post Mar 4 2006, 10:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,472 posts

QUOTE(scotty @ Mar 3 2006, 07:26 PM)
not to forget bout 7.1 surroound sound with commentary by the actress or director biggrin.gif okie get to the point. now chinese market are all into BR now. u can get some of the china brand player at a very cheap price
different moaning sound coming from different satelite speakers laugh.gif laugh.gif
arj
post Mar 4 2006, 12:52 PM

RED DEVIL
Group Icon
VIP
4,896 posts

Relax guys, keep your pants on! laugh.gif

Why the Xbox 360 Supports HD DVD

Since it's from Microsoft, you could say that they're a bit biased laugh.gif
Cahill
post Mar 4 2006, 09:03 PM

-- Type (R) --
2,754 posts

QUOTE(g5sim @ Mar 4 2006, 10:36 AM)
different moaning sound coming from different satelite speakers  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
should be different position, different satellite biggrin.gif
htkaki
post Mar 5 2006, 09:16 PM

Maxx Audio Visual
14,193 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Mar 4 2006, 09:37 AM)
Hahaha... clear & crisp picture and 7.1 digital surround for adult movie... just like they are "doing" it right infront of you laugh.gif
it will be "AV" enthusiats wet dream tongue.gif

btw... back to topic tongue.gif
How cheap is cheap for the china made BR player?? RM200? RM300?
I hope current BR player also are backward compatible to play DVD, I dun wanna to have one player just for BR and another player just for my DVD library tongue.gif

Well... if Chinese market is already into BR now... seems like HD will be a goner wink.gif

biggrin.gif LOL. U guys are funny. But, we cant crank the vol to reference lvl, right? I bet u dont want ur neighbours knocks on ur door.

China made BRP? I have doubt with thier reliability if the unit is below RM600 as the laser lense itself is expensive.

scotty
post Mar 5 2006, 10:17 PM

THX Certified Conman
Group Icon
Staff
4,380 posts

if u guys notice. most of the major brand uses hi def dvd for their plasma or lcd for display. there is another name for it. but i forgoten what the name was. have u guys ever wonder how on earth their display is a lot better when they show of their demo disc. i know is a type of format where they can squeeze in 3 terabyte of stuff. sh*t i forgoten what that type of format called. try go to harvey norman and take a look at their display and search for the source. u will be surprise to see the result biggrin.gif they will cover the player in a corner tongue.gif
precsmo
post Mar 5 2006, 11:17 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

guys, i'm playing hd contents, so far all i got are true 1080 or 720 hdtv, with purely good 5.1 ac3 or some even dts, i'm downloading them, take few weeks for a movie, the file is huge huge huge! please don't ask me how to get it, how to play it, where to get it. i'm not sure it is proper to share information here. but this is the best way to get pure hd contents so far, and there are the lists of movies are keep updating and there are tons of movies i can get, it is jsut matter of time downloading.

by the way, playing hd contents with a pc with best setting require extremely high hardware requirement. and the best way is to play hd contents with graphic cards rendering the movies contents as a 3d games, and the requirement a purely high!
greyshadow
post Mar 7 2006, 12:09 PM

1,826 posts

Err... I think there's lots of confusion between HD-content with HD-DVD

HD-DVD is just a new format of media like BR-DVD... which is supposely use to store the HD-Content which is usually too large to store into a single normal DVD.

So... the content of a HD-DVD or BR-DVD does not nessasary contain HD-content. It could be just normal DVD quality content. wink.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong wink.gif
g5sim
post Mar 7 2006, 12:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,472 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Mar 7 2006, 12:09 PM)

HD-DVD is just a new format of media like BR-DVD... which is supposely use to store the HD-Content which is usually too large to store into a single normal DVD.

So... the content of a HD-DVD or BR-DVD does not nessasary contain HD-content.  It could be just normal DVD quality content. wink.gif

A HD-DVD or BR-DVD should have HD DVD quality. Consumer will not pay more for a rebranding exercise.
precsmo
post Mar 7 2006, 01:05 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Mar 7 2006, 01:09 PM)

So... the content of a HD-DVD or BR-DVD does not nessasary contain HD-content.  It could be just normal DVD quality content. wink.gif

well, according to what you are saying here, i don't care what media it is using, whether it is from the hardisk, or from dvd. i'm playing true hd contents using burned dvd media. well, as i said, the most importantly is the format of the movie content, as long as it is true 720 or 1080, that is already consider high definition. i'm watching a hd movie averagely requires 4 to 5 dvd. thanks to the technology available, the huge hd content of averagely 15 to 20 gig per movie can be splitted and store into the dvd. of course by doin so it requires a pc to play the files. so far this is the only solution which there are many true hd quality movies available from a website. pm me is anyone is interested to know the website.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.18    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:04 PM