Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Official The Official Windows 8 Thread, Officially Released

views

bergstein
post Aug 17 2014, 09:54 PM

Casual
335 posts

QUOTE(Uncle Ron @ Aug 16 2014, 05:40 AM)
Thanks for ur info alredy use it right now!  thumbup.gif

Btw can i know what new in Windows 8.1 Update 2? smile.gif
http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/windows-81-update-2

Several things updated but most of them are minor or do not directly benefit normal user.
Uncle Ron
post Aug 18 2014, 08:48 PM

Casual
477 posts

QUOTE(bergstein @ Aug 17 2014, 09:54 PM)
http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/windows-81-update-2

Several things updated but most of them are minor or do not directly benefit normal user.
Owh, i see... Juz a little update i thought it will be major update more than before... hmm.gif
bergstein
post Aug 19 2014, 03:04 AM

Casual
335 posts

QUOTE(Uncle Ron @ Aug 18 2014, 08:48 PM)
Owh, i see... Juz a little update i thought it will be major update more than before...  hmm.gif
Actually this "update 2" is not really an update 2, update 2 was a rumored for this August update.
http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2...server-2012-r2/

And it seems now Microsoft shift their concentrate of those major tasks (new feature, improvement, etc) to next Windows.
I would say better don't put hope on Microsoft to deliver more major update to Windows 8.1. sad.gif
Uncle Ron
post Aug 19 2014, 04:39 AM

Casual
477 posts

QUOTE(bergstein @ Aug 19 2014, 03:04 AM)
Actually this "update 2" is not really an update 2, update 2 was a rumored for this August update.
http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2...server-2012-r2/

And it seems now Microsoft shift their concentrate of those major tasks (new feature, improvement, etc) to next Windows.
I would say better don't put hope on Microsoft to deliver more major update to Windows 8.1.  sad.gif
Ayoyo... sweat.gif

That's really sad if what u said is true... But what i know they said Windows 9 is free & can be update from Windows 8.1 (Just a Rumored but really hope it's true... ) smile.gif
Lynixx
post Aug 19 2014, 02:16 PM

Gooner
1,837 posts

does it required update 1 in-order to update update 2?
bergstein
post Aug 20 2014, 03:50 PM

Casual
335 posts

QUOTE(Lynixx @ Aug 19 2014, 02:16 PM)
does it required update 1 in-order to update update 2?
You can try to install the update manually, but I suggest not to do so.
I have experience that I tried to install update manually, skipped some, and some weird issue happened.
End up need to read the update file documentation to know what is the issue and try to fix the thing.

If you are experienced IT user, then you can do this, but still you need to understand all those update stuff.
Else, just let windows update handle the update. smile.gif

Btw, august update gets pulled by Microsoft as some user faced bluescreen problem after install them.

This post has been edited by bergstein: Aug 20 2014, 03:51 PM
kayrolSPIKE
post Sep 2 2014, 12:10 AM

36 posts

hi guys, just wana ask i have asus laptop with win8 already in it...so now i want to upgrade to SSD and need to fresh install my OS into my ssd..

so where can i get product keys for current win8?
justordinary
post Sep 2 2014, 08:58 AM

Getting Started
232 posts

I have a Windows 8 product key but no installation CDs.

Here's my question;

1. I want to install it on a fresh built pc with no OS running. How do i obtain the ISO to do so?

2. After installing windows 8, I', gonna update it to windows 8.1. But what if i want to reformat my pc later on? Do i need to do the same thing which is install windows 8 > update to windows 8.1 again, or i can just install windows 8.1 straight away?
powerwoot
post Sep 2 2014, 10:12 AM

讨厌的 ubuntu
2,922 posts

QUOTE(kayrolSPIKE @ Sep 2 2014, 12:10 AM)
hi guys, just wana ask i have asus laptop with win8 already in it...so now i want to upgrade to SSD and need to fresh install my OS into my ssd..

so where can i get product keys for current win8?
Usually you can use Aida64 and look into licence part, all installed licences should be there.
powerwoot
post Sep 2 2014, 10:17 AM

讨厌的 ubuntu
2,922 posts

QUOTE(justordinary @ Sep 2 2014, 08:58 AM)
I have a Windows 8 product key but no installation CDs.

Here's my question;

1. I want to install it on a fresh built pc with no OS running. How do i obtain the ISO to do so?

2. After installing windows 8, I', gonna update it to windows 8.1. But what if i want to reformat my pc later on? Do i need to do the same thing which is install windows 8 > update to windows 8.1 again, or i can just install windows 8.1 straight away?
There are many 8.1 iso if you search for it, do you have the valid activation keys?

justordinary
post Sep 2 2014, 10:44 AM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(powerwoot @ Sep 2 2014, 10:17 AM)
There are many 8.1 iso if you search for it, do you have the valid activation keys?
Yes i have valid activation keys given out by my university.

I can't find a legit iso that i can obtain legally. I can only find the upgrade version from microsoft website but it will require a base windows installed on it first to work.

Since i'll be getting a new ssd which doesn't have a base windows on it, i don't know already how can i get a copy of windows 8 legally.
powerwoot
post Sep 2 2014, 12:41 PM

讨厌的 ubuntu
2,922 posts

QUOTE(justordinary @ Sep 2 2014, 10:44 AM)
Yes i have valid activation keys given out by my university.

I can't find a legit iso that i can obtain legally. I can only find the upgrade version from microsoft website but it will require a base windows installed on it first to work.

Since i'll be getting a new ssd which doesn't have a base windows on it, i don't know already how can i get a copy of windows 8 legally.
There are a workaround how to get your new 8.1 iso to be activated by using your 8.0. But on how you get your 8.1 is up to you because I don't want ppl question me either it is legal or not.

Almost the same as yours, I am having a valid 8.0 iso and the activation keys with it. It will be much hassle to upgrade to 8.1 from 8.0 each time we make the new installation, that is why we need 8.1 just to shorten the upgrade process. I changed my mobo and upgrade to SSD as well.

If you have the 8.1 iso, install it as usual but they key we have to use a valid temporary keys as our original keys doesn't work for us to proceed with installation. Once everything perfectly run, change the keys to our original keys and activated it. It will be much easier to activated if you change your HDD or SSD compare to change the mobo as we need to call activation center and follow the automated voice instruction from there.

Maxieos
post Mar 2 2015, 12:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

Just wanted to ask , does outlook 2010 support POP3 ? wanted to keep the mail downloading them into 1 PC , only using 1 the desktop for email.
Using imtp , Everytime I access , I need to wait to download the attachment , I would like to download all email .Even I delete it , it only delete on pc not sync.

This post has been edited by Maxieos: Mar 2 2015, 01:07 AM
horns
post Mar 4 2015, 12:20 AM

\m/
3,036 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Mar 2 2015, 12:43 AM)
Just wanted to ask , does outlook 2010 support POP3 ? wanted to keep the mail downloading them into 1 PC , only using 1 the desktop for email.
Using imtp , Everytime I access , I need to wait to download the attachment , I would like to download all email .Even I delete it , it only delete on pc not sync.
yes. it supports pop3.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0289sec    0.71    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:00 PM