Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Best C segment car (budget rm100k), SAFETY, COMFY, GD after SALEs servis

views

kadajawi
post Oct 24 2012, 10:57 PM

On my way
544 posts

Preve CFE if have to be within 100k. Otherwise yes, Focus is very good. Always was, been in several previous generations and driven one or two of them. Close competitor to the Golf, at most slightly behind. And the Golf is the benchmark in the C segment. You can also consider the Citroen C4/DS4. Should be a bit more comfortable than other Contis.

But really, the Preve should be rather close to those proper C segment cars (as in Contis), at a much lower price. Worth considering.
kadajawi
post Oct 25 2012, 08:11 AM

On my way
544 posts

QUOTE(IluvProton @ Oct 25 2012, 07:32 AM)
nissan almera. only 70k+. sure comfort.
best nvh..... is dugong....
Haha. I hope you are joking. Those are B segment cars. And not very good ones at that.
kadajawi
post Oct 26 2012, 01:42 AM

On my way
544 posts

Because Malaysians don't buy the best car, they buy the best resale value and reputation. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Focus. Of course preferably second hand. biggrin.gif I'd a good way to estimate how good a car is is to look at the sales in Malaysia. The better the car sells, the worse it is.
kadajawi
post Oct 26 2012, 09:51 AM

On my way
544 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Oct 26 2012, 09:44 AM)
More over the workshops are not many like Japanese brands.
That may or may not be an issue for TS. If you live next to the SC, no matter how rare it is, you don't really care. I'm more or less neighbour with my Renault SC. There aren't many, but I don't care.
kadajawi
post Oct 26 2012, 12:28 PM

On my way
544 posts

Btw., those who say Koreans lousy... there's a video of the VW chairman at a car show (IAA), and he sat inside a Hyundai. He was quite angry, shouting at his chief engineer (I think) why the Koreans can offer such high quality, make something not rattle when VW and BMW can't do it, etc. The engineer then said they had a solution, but it was too expensive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpPNVSQmR5c

This post has been edited by kadajawi: Oct 26 2012, 12:32 PM
kadajawi
post Oct 26 2012, 12:58 PM

On my way
544 posts

Actually why can't it be torsion beam? My car has that, and it's fine. Sure it's not perfect, but it is quite comfortable, the car has no problem whatsoever with heavy loads, there is tons of space in the boot (including the space between the rear tyres... multilink are much more limited). A well designed torsion beam setup can be fine... at least good enough, and it does have advantages.
kadajawi
post Oct 26 2012, 02:46 PM

On my way
544 posts

QUOTE(shamsulyahya @ Oct 26 2012, 02:02 PM)
hi guys, actually compare the forte torsion beam before, n my current persona, i hv to say its a big diff, one is stiff n really not comfy (i tumpang, not driver), thn drive my persona vry good comfy...

thas y a bit picky on this for comfy level n nvh...
My Kangoo is on the comfortable side of things, with torsion beam. Touran is on the death metal sort of brutal side of things, and has a multi link suspension IIRC.

I'd say it's not only size etc., it's also the platform it is based on (though with VW that won't be valid for very long anymore, since almost all cars will be sitting on one platform). Some may consider the Skoda Octavia C segment, although in terms of size it can be considered D segment. Many different things come to play when putting a car into a category, and it might also not always work.
kadajawi
post Oct 26 2012, 09:11 PM

On my way
544 posts

QUOTE(allenultra @ Oct 26 2012, 07:18 PM)
LOL, just example. Take it so seriously. Now you have it.

A segment - i10/Alto/Mirage (can't think of Europe A segment, perhaps they are not being sold here?)
B segment - Polo/PoloSedan/Fiesta/207
C segment - Jetta/Golf/Focus/308/408/F30/C-class/A4/Cruze
D segment - Passat/Mondeo/508/F10/E-class/A6
European A segment, from the top of my head:
Toyota Aygo/Citroen C1/Peugeot 107 (same car, developed by PSA and Toyota).
VW Fox (previously), now VW up!/Seat Mii/Skoda Citigo.
Ford Ka (1st and 2nd generation, 2nd generation is based on Fiat 500).
Fiat Panda and the smaller, more expensive and stylish retro brother Fiat 500.
Lancia Ypsilon (probably related to the Fiats...).
Renault Twingo.
Daihatsu Cuore.
Kia Picanto.
Toyota iQ/Aston Martin Cygnet.
Perhaps BMW Mini... not sure. Probably too big.
And perhaps the smart fortwo... perhaps it is too small for A segment. lol. (Likewise Peel P50).

C class, F30, A4 are D segment. Premium D segment. A class, 1 series and A3 are premium C segment cars, Volvo C30 too. And the new V40 is also considered C segment, though it is a bit long for that...
kadajawi
post Oct 26 2012, 11:08 PM

On my way
544 posts

QUOTE(fishmango @ Oct 26 2012, 10:34 PM)
"Best C segment car (budget rm100k), SAFETY, COMFY, GD after SALEs servis"
rear multi-link somemore!
Used car only!
Wan New Car?  No such new car in bolehland!
Why not Preve CFE?

C segment: Yup.
100k: Yup.
Safety: It's safer than a Toyota Camry. Yes, it's not great, but it's pretty much as good as it gets without buying a conti.
Comfy: Said to be rather comfortable, good NVH.
After sales service: Well... guess it depends n your SC. But I have heard very, very bad things about Toyota (clear and obvious warranty cases that they wouldn't entertain etc.). Honda too. Other brands also bad things sometimes.
Multi-Link suspension: Yup.
kadajawi
post Oct 27 2012, 02:12 PM

On my way
544 posts

QUOTE(Boykidz93 @ Oct 27 2012, 03:23 AM)
Dont u feel civic looks luxury? WOWWW <3
Not sure about you, but Civic... nah. When I think of luxury, I think Skoda Superb, Merc, BMW, Audi, Citroen C5 and C6, Jaguar, big VWs, Seat Exeo, ...

@Pliskin: The Ford Focus is a conti.
kadajawi
post Oct 28 2012, 12:26 PM

On my way
544 posts

QUOTE(Ai609 @ Oct 28 2012, 09:31 AM)
Must be Proton preve.. superb ride n handling among its class.. Multi link suspension, Turbo engine,auto wiper, auto lamp, CVT, got ESC( the only model less than 100k got ESC) even camry (TOYOTA UMW) doesnt have it
Some Fiestas got ESC, Prius C also got.
kadajawi
post Oct 28 2012, 01:35 PM

On my way
544 posts

I believe the LX doesn't have, the Sport and higher versions have. On the other hand LX has 7 airbags, Sport only 2. Higher got 7 again. Or something like that. Really confusing nowadays... can't they just give ESP and 7 airbags to all the cars and differentiate through body kits, paint jobs, other equipment? Just give all the safety features to all cars.
kadajawi
post Oct 28 2012, 02:38 PM

On my way
544 posts

Would make sense, sort of. But what about the Almera? Somehow I don't think the rule is actually enforced... sad.gif I can understand when they reason "old model, upgrading to 2 airbags a bit hard". But a NEW model? Just launched? Usually rules are stricter for new models in Europe, while older cars can get away with more. That approach sounds sensible to me...

This post has been edited by kadajawi: Oct 28 2012, 02:38 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0224sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:02 AM