Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Looking for low budget tablet

ohjani
post Oct 22 2012, 10:53 AM

Group: Junior Member

I am looking for a low budget tablet which is < RM400. I see a few buatan malaysia and china made tab. Are they reliable? My purpose is to use the device to:

1) Reading
2) Facebooking
3) Youtube watching
4) Watch video, install andriod apps and watch online tv series and etc.

Among all the chinese brands, are there a particular brand/model which is the most popular?

With those great offers in Groupon, can you advise me what is usually the catch of getting such a low price device? I don't know much about tablet, I'm not sure what should I be looking at. thanks in advance!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
idealhometech
post Oct 22 2012, 10:59 AM

Casual

QUOTE(ohjani @ Oct 22 2012, 10:53 AM)
I am looking for a low budget tablet which is < RM400.  I see a few buatan malaysia and china made tab.  Are they reliable?  My purpose is to use the device to:

1) Reading
2) Facebooking
3) Youtube watching
4) Watch video, install andriod apps and watch online tv series and etc.

Among all the chinese brands, are there a particular brand/model which is the most popular?

With those great offers in Groupon, can you advise me what is usually the catch of getting such a low price device?  I don't know much about tablet, I'm not sure what should I be looking at.  thanks in advance!
If u are looking for 7" tab, i recommend u search for Ainol Brand China Tablet.
+Quote Post
x132755
post Oct 22 2012, 11:13 AM

GET DEALER PRICE, EARN EXTRA 2-5K/MTH, FREELANCE DEALER WANTED
Group: Senior Member

iPro i7 Tablet @ 3xx can get..
-ICS os

+Quote Post
ralph_d
post Oct 22 2012, 11:18 AM

Enthusiast

if can find ainol novo flame/fire that would be perfect.

Or ninetology outlook xpress tablet, it's 7 inch. just stay away from games you'll be fine with this.
+Quote Post
ohjani
post Oct 22 2012, 11:38 AM

I'm checking Ainol website now. I can see all the Aurora, Aurora II, Elf, Elf II, Mars and Fire are having higher reso. But why you only recommend Fire/flame?

And ..... hehehe I'm abit greedy here ... so you guys think it's impossible to get a 9"-10" tab with this budget?
+Quote Post
destee88
post Oct 22 2012, 11:41 AM

Regular

check my sales thread teclast P76E below..

This post has been edited by destee88: Oct 22 2012, 11:42 AM
+Quote Post
ohjani
post Oct 22 2012, 11:56 AM

QUOTE(destee88 @ Oct 22 2012, 11:41 AM)
check my sales thread teclast P76E below..
Thanks, but the screen reso is abit low with this price.
+Quote Post
destee88
post Oct 22 2012, 12:09 PM

Regular

then u should look for this

cube U9GT4
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2533105&hl=

or WINDOW N70 S duocore
http://www.pandawill.com/window-yuandao-n7...ram-p64588.html

.... the RK3066 GPU is 4 core as ainol tablet us duo core .. so for gaming experience RK3066 wins all ainol tablets

This post has been edited by destee88: Oct 22 2012, 12:11 PM
+Quote Post
jusbella
post Oct 22 2012, 01:36 PM

Getting Started

maxq better in quality http://www.maxq.com.my/
+Quote Post
ralph_d
post Oct 22 2012, 02:38 PM

Enthusiast

because fire/flame is getting the jelly bean update
and the screen resolution is comparable with nexus 7 (1280x800)
+Quote Post
exkaizen
post Oct 22 2012, 02:54 PM

An Area No Kishi !!!

QUOTE(ohjani @ Oct 22 2012, 11:38 AM)
I'm checking Ainol website now.  I can see all the Aurora, Aurora II, Elf, Elf II, Mars and Fire are having higher reso.  But why you only recommend Fire/flame?

And ..... hehehe I'm abit greedy here ... so you guys think it's impossible to get a 9"-10" tab with this budget?
I don't have others have Ainol tablet... only have Fire and Nexus 7...
Fire/flame have same resolutions as Nexus 7 and the screen quality is comparable to Nexus 7.

For the listed planned usage, Novo 7 Fire/Flame serve your purpose and need to increase your budget between rm500-rm600 (depend on seller & package)

FYI, Fire/Flame previously have touchscreen dead issue (don't know whether it still have it or not but most issue resolve when using lastest custom ROM: flambe v15e) but the unit I have doesn't have the problem. Besides the probability have touchscreen dead issue, there's 'pop' sound can be heard when wake up fire/flame or touching the screen (this has been reduced after upgrade to latest custom rom: flambe v15e). The loudness of the pop sound did not iritate me... still acceptable for me.

The quality of the material... is decent can be compared with Acer tablet / Asus tablet.

Ainol is one of the best china tablet among china tablet... the previously mention rk3066 chip tablet is a good tablet as well (from the on9 review and specs) but Ainol community are larger and have more and better custom ROM support from developer community.

This post has been edited by exkaizen: Oct 22 2012, 02:55 PM
+Quote Post
ohjani
post Oct 22 2012, 05:02 PM

Ainol 7 Fire looks like a good deal....
+Quote Post
tanalvis
post Oct 22 2012, 07:24 PM

Getting Started

any particular size you are looking for?

for 7 inch, go for ainol flame (for international market), not ainol fire (for china and hong kong) or gofor ainol novo crystal, cube u30GT mini, window n70 dual core
for 8 inch go for teclast p85 or ramos w13 pro

if your budget allows and you like bigger screen around 10 inch(similar size as ipad) cost around 700. which i am unfamilar with the model

This post has been edited by tanalvis: Oct 22 2012, 07:29 PM
+Quote Post
ohjani
post Oct 24 2012, 02:57 PM

QUOTE(tanalvis @ Oct 22 2012, 07:24 PM)
any particular size you are looking for?

for 7 inch, go for ainol flame (for international market), not ainol fire (for china and hong kong) or gofor ainol novo crystal, cube u30GT mini, window n70 dual core
for 8 inch go for teclast p85 or ramos w13 pro

if your budget allows and you like bigger screen around 10 inch(similar size as ipad) cost around 700. which i am unfamilar with the model
After 2 days of surf-learning, these 2 models cross my mind, Ainol Flame 7" and Sanei N90 10". They both having the similar spec and price. Wondering how's Sanei doing? I have read many people posting their Ainol, of course having some common issue like the deadscreen and buzzing sound. However, I don't see many people write about Sanei. Anyone here can give some comments? I am thinking, since Sanei with a bigger size price the same as Ainol 7", why not take the bigger screen right?
+Quote Post
Wifi_One
post Oct 24 2012, 05:23 PM

Model Hunter

U pay panuts, u get monkeys.

No point surf learning on every model to get the best specs for your low budget purchase. I myself is a ainol elf2 user.

My advice to you is

1. Get the device which has stable community ics/jb/custom rom support.
2. 7"/8" no a big issue . Just make sure u test from multuple viewing angle n screen responsiveness. note: do not expect ipad smoothness
3. Batt life. Which ever gives u the longest bat life per charge. No point having the best specs budget tablet when each charge can only last u less than 3 hours. (Additional power bank cost real money too)

The above points r important to me.
+Quote Post
tanalvis
post Oct 24 2012, 08:14 PM

Getting Started

go try both model out. personally i m satisfy with my ainol fire. and it got many community support. but do take note when they are selling 10 inch tablet at low price. check the number of core properly as there are a few model of sanei n90. the older mpdel is single core.

its up to you whether you like bigger screen but at much higher weight or vice versa. but 7/ 8 inch is more covenient to carry around. besides that. apple stop produce the new ipad (latest 10 inchipad ), instead they focus on the 7.9 inch ipad mini. you can see the trend is going for smaller size tablet

BUT in the end its still up to your personal preference. my advice is go try both out

This post has been edited by tanalvis: Oct 24 2012, 08:19 PM
+Quote Post
ohjani
post Oct 25 2012, 03:53 PM

i would love to try both, but the thing is, my place here sell neither. pretty sad huh?

i will most probably buy from online without having the chance to try on either one, that's why the only way for me to make my decision is surf-learning ....... sad.gif

This post has been edited by ohjani: Oct 27 2012, 08:53 AM
+Quote Post
go4ainovo
post Oct 25 2012, 04:12 PM

Getting Started

PM me if you are looking for Ainol Tablets "English Edition". We have all stock for (Mars/Crystal/Flame).

Thanks.
+Quote Post
tanalvis
post Oct 26 2012, 12:14 PM

Getting Started

maybe you can find some lowyat forumer in garage sales let you try both?
i guess you have to read all the review from the net since i never try the 10 inch

+Quote Post
ohjani
post Oct 27 2012, 08:55 AM

QUOTE(tanalvis @ Oct 26 2012, 12:14 PM)
maybe you can find some lowyat forumer in garage sales let you try both?
i guess you have to read all the review from the net since i never try the 10 inch
Let me try both, how? I'm from Sabah, don't think anyone would kind enough to send me both to try .... LOL !
+Quote Post
tanalvis
post Oct 27 2012, 11:45 AM

Getting Started

well ainol will sell their new tablet 10 inch soon (november, according to one of the seller in garage sales but should be around 700)...but i dunno about the pricing. try compare perhaps weight and other factor like whether u put fit it in your bag which i previously mentioned. but try watch ainol flame and sanei n90 VIDEO review..

Sanei n90 is using single core if i m not mistaken if the cpu is A10, its 1 core while ainol flame is dual core A9..

Back to your primary function- reading- for me, 7 inch is good as i can i hold it with only single hand to read ebooks which is convenient but i dun think u can hold a 10 inch tablet with one hand. there is always a tablet stand or leather kickstand for stand, haha
10 inch would be good for watching video due to bigger screen
This all comes down to your primary usage

Btw, What do you intend to read?? ebooks or those flipboard/zaker apps??

This post has been edited by tanalvis: Oct 27 2012, 04:30 PM
+Quote Post
ohjani
post Oct 27 2012, 05:30 PM

QUOTE(tanalvis @ Oct 27 2012, 11:45 AM)
well ainol will sell their new tablet 10 inch soon (november, according to one of the seller in garage sales but should be around 700)...but i dunno about the pricing. try compare perhaps weight and other factor like whether u put fit it in your bag which i previously mentioned. but try watch ainol flame and sanei n90 VIDEO review..

Sanei n90 is using single core if i m not mistaken if the cpu is A10, its 1 core while ainol flame is dual core A9..

Back to your primary function- reading- for me, 7 inch is good as i can i hold it with only single hand to read ebooks which is convenient but i dun think u can hold a 10 inch tablet with one hand. there is always a tablet stand or leather kickstand for stand, haha
10 inch would be good for watching video due to bigger screen
This all comes down to your primary usage

Btw, What do you intend to read?? ebooks or those flipboard/zaker apps??
I will most probably reading PDF or TXT files. I used to have those reading apps in my phone but found it quite difficult to look for free ebooks, therefore I guess getting PDF books is alot easier than looking for the ebook format files.
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0569sec    1.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 02:27 AM