Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Want to learn how to sing?, Legit review of a singing program

views

TSKokonuht
post Oct 21 2012, 08:52 PM, updated 12y ago

27 posts

Hey guys! I've decided to write a review for this singing course that I got online. I usually don't do this but because it's really helping me out so much, I just HAD to share it. I'll share my review here.

"I've always wanted to sing better. Though due to some personal problems, I literally didn t sing much during my childhood. I still went for singing competitions and so on. I never really placed in any of them. I still remember, it was 2 years ago, 2010, I had to urge to sing better, hence I went online looking for info on how to sing. I came across Singing Success. I tried it for 6 months. Had 2 lessons. Nothing helped me. I guess SLS wasn t helpful to me. I don t mean to bash on it but it just didn t work for me.

Eitherway, as I was giving up on hope, I was on youtube, watching videos, then I saw recommended channels : kentamplin . I was curious since the channel had no avatar. I clicked on it and I saw Ken Tamplin. I watched a heck load of his videos. After 2 days, I decided to get the gold bundle. I participated in the forums as well when it first came out! Ken was amazingly helpful. Even after having problems downloading, missing content etc. Eventually I still got the program. I guess it was fate that led me to find Ken!

So I started out volume 1. I went on this for two months. Just to make sure I did everything right. Ken would help me in any way. As long as I had a problem / question, he d be there to answer. I can t stress enough on how helpful Ken was. I was also very active on the forums, helping out others who had the same problems as me while learning from other people s problems and mistakes as well!

After getting volume 1, for the first whole month, I was doing it wrongly. I consulted Ken as to why I didn t feel anything different. So Ken told me to do some scales for him. It was then that he told me I was supposed to get into the scales and just sing it out loud, not holding back. It was from then onwards where I started seeing amazing results. I suppose because it was building up my chest voice.

My range dramatically increased as well in a month or two. Not lying. Before I started KTVA I could only reach up to an E4 or F4. If I were to really strain, I could ve got up to a G4 or maybe even A4. After Volume 1, I could reach A4 without much strain at all. That feeling was just amazing. When you don t know how high you re singing but it just feels so easy and less strain.

After Volume 2, I could reach a C5 easily. After being warmed up. This part was just mind blowing. After a month, I went on to Volume 3, the audio exercises were tiring and kinda difficult (in the sense of getting used to the scale pattern). I persevered through all that. Now I can even reach up to an A5 in full voice. This was after warming up of course. If I didn t warm up, I could still easily reach a A4 or B4. It was crazy.

I can t stress enough on how much Ken has helped me with my vocal journey. I am not lying, I have proof. I recorded myself before I did any vocal training, once after SS, once or twice after KTVA. The link is on the forums. Look for a discussion thread : "[Before/After]Back from vacation"

I totally recommend KTVA to ANY kind of singer. No increase your range in 1 week bullcrap but the real deal. The only thing I ask of you is to have patience and participate in the forums so if you have any problems at all, we, the other KTVA students can help each other out with our experiences and knowledge.

The forum is one of the greatest plus points to KTVA s course. Seriously. Any problems at all, just post it there and we ll help you with your vocal journey biggrin.gif!

I ve been doing KTVA for 1 year + and I doubt I m ever going to stop! Thanks Ken!

Cheers
Rayhan (Kokonuhtz on forums)"

Main Website : http://kentamplinvocalacademy.com/

Ken also has a youtube channel. He uploads his lessons with his students on youtube as well. This stuff is LEGIT. I AM NOT LYING. I have proof of my own singing improving. Here's the link :
https://www.box.com/s/006acq8mcouyidp558iv

To be honest, I didn't find much Malaysian / Singaporean / Asians doing this program. I've asked Ken personally and he told me that I'm one of the 3? students he has from Malaysia. I've been doing this since 02 July 2011. I haven't post a proper cover of myself in a long time. If you still don't believe me, please do post below.

Oh and about some of the punctuations missing from the review, it's because I copy and pasted it from my review which I posted elsewhere. Damn technical errors -o-!

Sincerely,
Rayhan

EDIT : I bought the full course which cost me like +-RM 2,000. You can of course buy the course individually. It consists of 3 stages. Though the full bundle is too worth the money! I didn't regret one bit at all. He even gives a 100% money-back guarantee. Just that you have to tell a reason why you want it to be refunded. Ken wants people to learn from his programs and not much about the money (of course it still is but not fully). He's a 70s-80s rock singer. You can just youtube search him and a bunch of vids will pop up. This is NOT a scam.

EDIT :: I hope I didn't violate any rules on Lowyat lol.

If you're wanting to learn how to sing rock, I have to say, this is the best place to learn for Ken himself is a rock singer.

This post has been edited by Kokonuht: Oct 22 2012, 07:46 PM
gina4423 P
post Nov 13 2019, 07:07 PM

Probation
2 posts

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but this was how I learned French quickly...

Like a lot of others have said – it definitely helps having a teacher but it's not 100% mandatory. The awesome thing about learning on your own is that you can devote much more than 30 minutes of your time on a daily basis.

Besides, it's less pricey. Personally, my eldest daughter felt she was getting nowhere with all the different YouTube channels though until she tried Superior Singing Method.

To be honest, I don't know too much about it so I did a quick Google search and here's a review: https://mrproductreviews.info/reviews/Singorama/index.html

I am not affiliated with this website in any way.

I think following a structured course like this one is the way to go, you can learn for free on sites like Youtube but it’s all over the place and you’ll mostly be learning specific songs rather than techniques and methods that can accelerate your learning. A step by step approach is better than just learning random songs IMO.

Good luck learning to sing beautifully! 🙂

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0113sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:20 PM