Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Intellisense in InterDev, with customized COM+

views

TSsalcom
post Feb 23 2006, 01:23 AM, updated 19y ago

Casual
432 posts

I found out that i need to open a new topic becuase no one talk about this before.

I'm working with a COM+ component on a IIS webserver on Win server 2003. The COM+ was wrote by someone to simplify most of the task to reduce communication with server at minimal basis. I tried Visual InterDev and found out it only show the intellisense for ASP object like response and server

What we do normally in VB6 is we import the dll as a Reference and it will show its intellisense. I found out there is no way we can import the COM+ to VisualInterDev. Anyone have any idea on how to do it? I need it so that i can learn the propertise, method, faster..

Hope i make it clear..

For those who don't know what Intellisense is... check the pic below:

user posted image
anthony_yio
post Feb 24 2006, 11:18 AM

Group Icon
Elite
1,828 posts

QUOTE(salcom @ Feb 23 2006, 01:23 AM)
I found out that i need to open a new topic becuase no one talk about this before.

I'm working with a COM+ component on a IIS webserver on Win server 2003. The COM+ was wrote by someone to simplify most of the task to reduce communication with server at minimal basis. I tried Visual InterDev and found out it only show the intellisense for ASP object like response and server

What we do normally in VB6 is we import the dll as a Reference and it will show its intellisense. I found out there is no way we can import the COM+ to VisualInterDev. Anyone have any idea on how to do it? I need it so that i can learn the propertise, method, faster..

Hope i make it clear..

For those who don't know what Intellisense is... check the pic below:

user posted image
I believe Interdev could list out the methods and props of COM object and should work the same on COM+.

There are some components could not be listed in Visual Interdev correctly until you change the registry. Not sure if those are the reasons.

BUG: Visual InterDev IntelliSense does not show methods and properties for Microsoft.XMLDOM
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;EN-US;q262128

PRB: ASP 3.0 Functions Do Not Appear in Visual InterDev IntelliSense
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/261101

TSsalcom
post Feb 24 2006, 01:31 PM

Casual
432 posts

Thanks for the reply.. the COM+ is installed on the web server, not on my local machine.. can it be achieve as well?
anthony_yio
post Feb 24 2006, 06:42 PM

Group Icon
Elite
1,828 posts

QUOTE(salcom @ Feb 24 2006, 01:31 PM)
Thanks for the reply.. the COM+ is installed on the web server, not on my local machine.. can it be achieve as well?
Your local dev machine must have access to the COM+ object right? Your ASP page must be deployed on the web server where COM+ are avail.

Ok, simple qestion.

Can you see the methods or properties in object browser in VB6 in your local machine?

TSsalcom
post Feb 25 2006, 12:49 AM

Casual
432 posts

I had gained access to the server and move all the DLL to my local machine... what i do is go to project > reference and add in there... thanks for your help anthony!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:03 PM