Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Xcom Enemy Unknown

views

TSRoland San
post Oct 14 2012, 01:03 PM, updated 12y ago

Getting Started
262 posts

websites have reviews (good ones) and it's been released, but is it in stores here yet?

i remember playing the microprose ones back last century. enemy unknown was buggy but i played terror from the deep many many times.

would love to get my hands on this.
IccyAsd
post Oct 14 2012, 03:44 PM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
Staff
819 posts

its already out, a few ppl on my list is playing. overall its a good remake it gave me the feel of the first Xcom, playing it on PC
Asakura5179
post Oct 14 2012, 03:47 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

im playing it..already out.
TSRoland San
post Oct 14 2012, 11:35 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

ok set getting it tmr!!!!!!!!
terranova
post Oct 15 2012, 11:21 AM

Regular
1,161 posts

was hoping someone would start a thread for this! tongue.gif

it's a brilliant game if you like this genre. it's harder than it first appears as you get deeper into the game, for me at least. without revealing too much spoiler, i'm about 10 hrs into the game and i think i'm about to lose my first campaign, as i have too many countries on red alert and not enough funds!

the interface and game controls are really well done, though don't expect Halo/GOW-like graphics (it's cute and cheesy just the way it's meant to be) but its the strategy part that gets me hooked.

this game will have lots of replay value ......
TSRoland San
post Oct 15 2012, 12:37 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

Awesome. I super loved the old ones and I'm hoping this would be good too. Hope GH got stock!
alkt
post Oct 15 2012, 06:35 PM

^_^
Group Icon
VIP
10,230 posts

me too having funds issue in the game! cry.gif
TSRoland San
post Oct 16 2012, 10:28 AM

Getting Started
262 posts

haha I saw u, apples and mk fire up the game last night.

I have funding issues too, down to 1 credit... also, didn't realise the importance of launching satellites, especially since the uplink takes so long to build.
terranova
post Oct 16 2012, 02:08 PM

Regular
1,161 posts

QUOTE(Roland San @ Oct 16 2012, 10:28 AM)
also, didn't realise the importance of launching satellites, especially since the uplink takes so long to build.
yep, this important aspect of the game usually fly past most ppl's first time around the game. usually, we can't wait to jump straight into the battlefield and focus on weapons and soldiers .... biasa lah tongue.gif

i'm still on my first campaign (still surviving phew), but when i start on my next campaign i'll be sure to spend the first few months just building uplinks and satellites ... lol

but $ never enuf one la ... right now i have >$500 surplus every month also seems so little ... two plasma snipers all gone. cry.gif

This post has been edited by terranova: Oct 16 2012, 02:12 PM
alkt
post Oct 16 2012, 04:42 PM

^_^
Group Icon
VIP
10,230 posts

ok this morning i got defeated cos most of the countries pulled out doh.gif

started off a new campaign with a new strategy, placed most of the research for weapons and armors first. as for structures, i quickly spent most of the cash for satellites and it's uplinks.

so far so good. tip, if u launch a sat into a particular country, make sure u have ur aircrafts in that country else the aliens will blast it off and u'll lost cash support smile.gif
soul_fly9900
post Oct 16 2012, 07:46 PM

Getting Started
148 posts

Dont forget to sell unwanted items to the gray markets so can help with the cash problem.
terranova
post Oct 16 2012, 09:53 PM

Regular
1,161 posts

QUOTE(alkt @ Oct 16 2012, 04:42 PM)
ok this morning i got defeated cos most of the countries pulled out doh.gif

started off a new campaign with a new strategy, placed most of the research for weapons and armors first. as for structures, i quickly spent most of the cash for satellites and it's uplinks.

so far so good. tip, if u launch a sat into a particular country, make sure u have ur aircrafts in that country else the aliens will blast it off and u'll lost cash support smile.gif
yep, 8 countried pull out and it's over. i've got 2 countries that have pulled out so far .... sigh.

yep, need to protect the satellite. but the interceptors are not that great in the later part of the game against the big UFOs, need to upgrade to the fighter + plasma cannon.

QUOTE(soul_fly9900 @ Oct 16 2012, 07:46 PM)
Dont forget to sell unwanted items to the gray markets so can help with the cash problem.
yep, but suggest you only sell those damaged items that have no research value. those not damaged will be required for production and research, so better keep them. you can get better profit by producing stuff that other countries request and make a quick buck.
iloveredapples
post Oct 17 2012, 02:08 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(Roland San @ Oct 16 2012, 10:28 AM)
haha I saw u, apples and mk fire up the game last night.

I have funding issues too, down to 1 credit... also, didn't realise the importance of launching satellites, especially since the uplink takes so long to build.
Addicted to the game man. Although that feeling you get when your soldier misses a shot that was supposed to be over 80%... rclxub.gif
TSRoland San
post Oct 17 2012, 10:39 AM

Getting Started
262 posts

My guys have upgraded nicely. But I'm cheesed off at my main sniper, I chose not to have the perk that allows firing after moving and now I have to plant him there for a turn first.

Also, Africa is all 5 bars red -.-
I've saved a base to the end of the month so I can clear it out and hopefully reduce overall panic.
soul_fly9900
post Oct 17 2012, 01:29 PM

Getting Started
148 posts

QUOTE(terranova @ Oct 16 2012, 09:53 PM)
yep, but suggest you only sell those damaged items that have no research value. those not damaged will be required for production and research, so better keep them. you can get better profit by producing stuff that other countries request and make a quick buck.
Completed the game on PC with classic difficulty. I had lots of surplus of those things that I could have sold and wouldnt ended up being broke all the time if I knew about it lol.
Cheated a lot though by reloading after making stupid moves tongue.gif , guess its time to go with classic mode to get a real feel on having dying troops for real this time.

QUOTE(iloveredapples @ Oct 17 2012, 02:08 AM)
Addicted to the game man. Although that feeling you get when your soldier misses a shot that was supposed to be over 80%... rclxub.gif
Reload the game reload the game lol. But for those who doesnt know, reloading the game wouldnt make any difference in changing these kinds of things.
The game was design to prevent these kinds of minor cheats like reloading when you missed a shot tongue.gif.

alkt
post Oct 17 2012, 02:55 PM

^_^
Group Icon
VIP
10,230 posts

Now i always save whenever a mission is a success or seldom encounter a mission after researching something tongue.gif

4 more satellites to cover and i've covered the whole world biggrin.gif

Income right now is about 1600 a month, enough to buy few Firestorms and few stuffs for my soldiers. Just sad that if a high ranking soldier died cos of bad moves doh.gif
terranova
post Oct 18 2012, 04:34 PM

Regular
1,161 posts

QUOTE(alkt @ Oct 17 2012, 02:55 PM)
Now i always save whenever a mission is a success or seldom encounter a mission after researching something tongue.gif

4 more satellites to cover and i've covered the whole world biggrin.gif

Income right now is about 1600 a month, enough to buy few Firestorms and few stuffs for my soldiers. Just sad that if a high ranking soldier died cos of bad moves doh.gif
waaa rich hor u ...... tongue.gif

i have gotten into the habit of trying the capture the aliens whenever possible. this helps me save on the plasma weapons (no need to spend $ to produce). But need to be careful of Mutons, 2 bars left still cannot stun them .... need to bring it down to 1 red bar before the stun works. Found out the hard way when my Colonel died trying to stun him in the face lololol ..... thank goodness for game saves. tongue.gif next time must try playing in Ironman mode baru exciting .... kekeke.
alkt
post Oct 18 2012, 05:55 PM

^_^
Group Icon
VIP
10,230 posts

QUOTE(terranova @ Oct 18 2012, 04:34 PM)
waaa rich hor u ...... tongue.gif

i have gotten into the habit of trying the capture the aliens whenever possible. this helps me save on the plasma weapons (no need to spend $ to produce). But need to be careful of Mutons, 2 bars left still cannot stun them .... need to bring it down to 1 red bar before the stun works. Found out the hard way when my Colonel died trying to stun him in the face lololol ..... thank goodness for game saves. tongue.gif  next time must try playing in Ironman mode baru exciting .... kekeke.
Covered all the countries already, only India pulled out tongue.gif

Archangel armor FTW! Try to get this.

As of now, i have more than 8k credits but low on materials doh.gif

And for battles, i always put 2 Hover SHIVs. Let them take the damage, but their weapon also not bad. Can deal at least 7-9 dmg and I don't have to worry about losing my Colonels hehehehe biggrin.gif

terranova
post Oct 18 2012, 06:02 PM

Regular
1,161 posts

QUOTE(alkt @ Oct 18 2012, 05:55 PM)
Covered all the countries already, only India pulled out tongue.gif

Archangel armor FTW! Try to get this.

As of now, i have more than 8k credits but low on materials doh.gif

And for battles, i always put 2 Hover SHIVs. Let them take the damage, but their weapon also not bad. Can deal at least 7-9 dmg and I don't have to worry about losing my Colonels hehehehe biggrin.gif
Wah leng chai got $8k ... Powderful!

I hv the capability to build archangel armor and hover shiv .... But no $ to build. Lol.
alkt
post Oct 19 2012, 06:12 PM

^_^
Group Icon
VIP
10,230 posts

now upgraded to Ghost armor, can stealth brows.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0200sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:21 AM