Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Currency exchange

views

atah
post Aug 24 2009, 08:41 AM

On my way
633 posts

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ Jul 24 2009, 09:42 PM)
Maybank is offering real best rate for three months till Sept09. Just drop by its money changing outlet and ask for the best price over the counter. No need to nego, u'll get the best price. Go try it out and best of all, u'll be assured genuine currency!
thanks for the info. any example on the rates?

Added on August 24, 2009, 8:43 am
QUOTE(Medufsaid @ Jul 25 2009, 06:47 PM)
They based their rates on the same source that yahoo finance base on. Say for instance http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=sgdmyr=X&t...l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

Rates might change noon-afternoon but after night time they won't change anymore, even if actual rates have moved dramatically since then.

So if currency so and so went up after afternoon/evening, u can actually dash over to buy it cheaper at the morning/afternoon rate before the next day when they'll update the price.
you mean all the money changers out there will follow this?

This post has been edited by atah: Aug 24 2009, 08:43 AM
atah
post Jan 10 2011, 04:15 PM

On my way
633 posts

went to atria just now and their euro is at 4.05, slightly more expensive than wawasan at 4.03

any idea the rate at BB plaza?

This post has been edited by atah: Jan 10 2011, 04:16 PM
atah
post Feb 26 2015, 03:57 PM

On my way
633 posts

QUOTE(t3arsCulprit @ Feb 24 2015, 03:06 PM)
Anyone want to buy KRW?
I have 1,700,000 KRW left to change..

Btw, I wanted to buy TWD..

Any1 interested please offer..

I will only hold the currency until 27th Feb 2015.
For TWD, you will get better rate by withdrawing from the ATM in Taiwan. I have done this a few times and the rates at all the times were better than MV's rate.

The ATMs at Taoyuan airport can withdraw TWD 20k each time.

atah
post Feb 26 2015, 04:37 PM

On my way
633 posts

QUOTE(t3arsCulprit @ Feb 26 2015, 04:29 PM)
Err.. I have no knowledge about ATM withdrawing..
How to do that?
Using credit card?
Oo.. PLUS or Cirrus.. Thanks for informing, will try to do some reasearch..
I'm using Maybank, so I just activate the overseas withdrawal from local Maybank ATM using my ATM/debit card before flying.

When reaching Taiwan, can straight withdraw from their ATMs smile.gif

This post has been edited by atah: Feb 26 2015, 04:38 PM
atah
post Mar 4 2015, 03:49 PM

On my way
633 posts

QUOTE(AngelLingLing @ Mar 4 2015, 10:41 AM)
Hello.. do you know withdraw from Taiwan ATM will be better or i change to USD in msia and change to NT better?
Hi, from my experience, definately withdraw from ATM is better, provided that you withdraw NTD20k at a time as Maybank will charge you RM12 per withdrawal, so better withdraw maximum per time.

The ATM withdrawal rates including the RM12 charge is still better than direct conversion of RM to NTD in Mid Valley, so you will loose even more if you convert to USD in between.

Hope it helps.

atah
post Mar 5 2015, 09:33 AM

On my way
633 posts

QUOTE(AngelLingLing @ Mar 5 2015, 09:10 AM)
Oh... But 1 day can withdraw more then NT20k? Because for a 7 or  8 days trip NT20k will not be enough, and any ATM machine will do?

Previously some of the forumers mention that convert to USD, then at Taiwan convert to NT will save RM30 for every RM1k transaction.. I tried it last yr and yes can save more.. but this yr USD increase a lot.. therefore i am not sure is this still working or not...
I think the max you can withdraw per day will depends on the setting on your local bank account. So maybe you can set it to maxinum first.

About the ATMs, I have tried on a few and it all works. Also there are so many 7-elevens in Taiwan and you can withdraw money from them as well.

I have read that some ATMs can withdraw max NTD10k, but I never encounter this so far.

I'm surprised to hear that converting to USD first will be cheaper. Will investigate this option for my next overseas trip smile.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0285sec    0.68    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:38 PM