Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> is it IPTV is illegel ?, internet TV channel is illegel ?

views

prasys
post Oct 16 2012, 11:34 PM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
Staff
12,925 posts

Here is the thing let me say this

I watch Hulu and BBC but I am subscribing to a VPN Service which fools Hulu and BBC iPlayer thinking that I am from US/UK

Is it legal ? - Well I am watching content from Hulu , they have gotten rights to publish their content. Its their problem and not mine. However some may argue that is illegal because I am watching these content out of United States/UK . It falls in the grey area anyway.

Let me put it this way

Assume that there are two of us . You are the content provider , in other words you steal content from other services (say CNN , but you did not get the rights , instead you put a camera in front of your TV which is connected to ASTRO and stream it across internet"). Now suppose I happen to find your stream and I continue to watching it

As far as the legal side is concern , they are not interested in coming after you (aka the people who watch these streams). They would go after the content provider aka the person who hosts it

prasys
post Oct 16 2012, 11:48 PM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
Staff
12,925 posts

QUOTE(khengyi82 @ Oct 16 2012, 11:40 PM)
ohh.. then i put the iptv media player on restaurant, mamak, office and retail shop is not a problem. the only thing is gov will go catch the streaming server or host. what if the host in china, taiwan and hongkong ? gov will take place go there catch them ?
Here is my question , what are your plans and whos the "IPTV provider". Are you talking about like PPS or one of those "get astro channels" IPTV ?

This post has been edited by prasys: Oct 16 2012, 11:49 PM
prasys
post Oct 17 2012, 04:33 PM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
Staff
12,925 posts

QUOTE(khengyi82 @ Oct 16 2012, 11:56 PM)
i was mention IPTV media player receiver, which is a receiver. not a software to be install in pc. is a stand alone or set-top-box receiver.
UniFi uses IPTV decoder as well and its legal , simple as that

If your IPTV decoder is something like Durian HD , its not. If you are using it for commercial purposes , you are just seeking for trouble.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0333sec    2.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 9th December 2019 - 12:36 AM