Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> is it IPTV is illegel ?, internet TV channel is illegel ?

views

kwcheah
post Oct 15 2012, 04:40 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Oct 11 2012, 10:27 PM)
IPTV is illegal because its not filtered by gomen.
Cos they want to control everything, of cos IPTV is illegal lor.
Moreover if it is legal then you wont be seeing we only have Astro while not having other big satelite tv service provider liow. xD

QUOTE(nate_nightroad @ Oct 11 2012, 10:30 PM)
do u even know wat iptv is?

those box that need internet connection is to send u the code to decode astro satellite signal....

knn terms also dunno wan to talk iptv....
Lol, so harsh.

QUOTE(khengyi82 @ Oct 11 2012, 10:30 PM)
mean we watch tv channel in computer consider illegal ?
Confirmed, cos who is going to settle with all those legality? What if the contents are reallllly sensitive? (Having YouTube alone is sufficient to make many countries headache, let alone many internet video programs from China or other coutries.)
Which authority or who will be responsible?
If the issue is really severe, Malaysia ISP is most likely to activate filtering IP policy. Then Malaysia will be like in China unable to connect to Facebook, Youtube and many other international website without the use of VPN services.

QUOTE(khengyi82 @ Oct 12 2012, 03:02 PM)
ohh there is call card sharing via internet. that save u a lot on subscription.

Added on October 12, 2012, 3:04 pm
that mean every 1 watch internet tv in pc will jail la ? will get catch lo ?

Added on October 12, 2012, 3:07 pm
iptv is streamming tv channel through internet without satellite dish. To send the code to decode astro satellite signal via internet connection is card sharing it need astro satellite dish.
Relax bro, Malaysia belum take action yet. But I am not surprise if they are going to take action one day. The latest debate between the new stupid internet policy is always apply for the purpose of controling Malaysia news and media to not reach any further audience to keep things under their HANDs to control.

Added on October 15, 2012, 4:41 pmBtw, I heard Maxis Fiber Optic service in the TnC does not allow torrent, if torrent then they really will sent you warning letter geh.

But if you pandai pandai, then still got methods to avoid geh. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by kwcheah: Oct 15 2012, 04:41 PM
kwcheah
post Oct 17 2012, 05:26 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

Usually licensing authority won't go so far to sue an individual for watching illegal tv programs.

But if you are business and used it for commercial purpose, then it is a different case we are talking about. Authority probably will sue you for abusing the licensing.

Lol, personal use probably won't be sue cos they don't want to waste so much time and money while they can't afford to pay the fine too.

Commercial, they have money for business then sue maybe can get compensate.

But if in really bad times, to sue individual is still possible as they do have the right in doing it.
kwcheah
post Oct 18 2012, 03:27 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(khengyi82 @ Oct 17 2012, 06:12 PM)
ohh.. then put in apartment, condo, Bangalo, and kampung is the best la
Lol
FYI, my friend from Sarawak told me that in his kampung, in some house behind the yard you can found big satellite disc which used to receive more than hundreds of TV programs from other countries such as from China, Taiwan, HongKong, Thailand and others. brows.gif
kwcheah
post Oct 18 2012, 06:31 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(khengyi82 @ Oct 18 2012, 03:51 PM)
i can see some area in kl also got la, what gov will do ? punish till u die ah ?
Chey, I though ONLY available in East Peninsular Malaysia. doh.gif
Sorry for outdated info. xP
kwcheah
post Oct 19 2012, 03:40 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

Any idea where did they get people to do it? DIY?

What's the charge rates like?
kwcheah
post Oct 23 2012, 12:43 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(khengyi82 @ Oct 22 2012, 12:43 AM)
are u interested to install ?  biggrin.gif
At the moment: Nope.
In the future: Maybe, depends on what house I am living.

If living in a landed property with big compound, maybe can have one of those big dish geh. brows.gif
(Since the story that I heard from my friend is that the dish is quite big, so most of the peoples from his Kampung actually hide it behind the house compound area where it is not easily spotted. whistling.gif)

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0404sec    2.74    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 04:05 AM