Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Audiophile Bookshelf Speaker: X-LS Encore, Rated 5-star from audiofi.net (Hi-Fi)

views

wim1983
post Jun 23 2013, 01:46 PM

Whiz
1,521 posts

So poison, look delicious, do you think it's gona work great if pair with an amplifer like Lepai 2020A? hmm.gif
wim1983
post Jun 25 2013, 09:33 AM

Whiz
1,521 posts

QUOTE(vivakarna @ Jun 25 2013, 10:27 AM)
1 pair bro.
According to fx20, the speakers can be auditioned in my own place, if not satisfy can return money? blink.gif
wim1983
post Jun 25 2013, 09:51 AM

Whiz
1,521 posts

QUOTE(vivakarna @ Jun 25 2013, 10:48 AM)
yup, within 10 days if i'm not mistaken.
wow, that's pretty good service flex.gif , but if I am not satisfied, I will have to bear the shipping cost, hmm still kinda big amount, the shipping cost is not cheap, and also if I return the product, I have to bear again the shipping cost? hmm.gif

Vivakarna, how would rate the bass of it? Is it relaxable? Currently I have one set powerful active speakers, bass is quite hurting, for me I am not bass head though, just an enough amount will do justice for me. What do you think?

This post has been edited by wim1983: Jun 25 2013, 11:05 AM
wim1983
post Jun 25 2013, 11:41 PM

Whiz
1,521 posts

QUOTE(fx20 @ Jun 25 2013, 07:06 PM)
You can definitely drive it with a Lepai 2020A, but we have never tested with that yet.

We have tested with TA2024C (10W) and it sounds really good but you can't play it too loud.

The really near-perfect match is TA2022(50w). You just can believe how good they sound with the low price tag.
Currently I also facing some issue of resonance rclxub.gif with one of my Swans HiVi 2.0 speakers, hmm just worry x-ls encore has the same problem hmm.gif

got one question, if i am not satisfy with the speakers, then I have to pay 2x shipping cost? Correct? rolleyes.gif
wim1983
post Jul 3 2013, 09:48 AM

Whiz
1,521 posts

The wood color one available?
wim1983
post Jun 10 2014, 03:10 PM

Whiz
1,521 posts

QUOTE(feelfree @ Jun 3 2014, 12:51 PM)
I owned this speaker before, but now I found a better one for replacement, the Advanced Audio Acoustics JM3/5A, the mid is so much natural. This speaker actually is selling by someone is Lowyat.net and he offered "money back guarantee" for 1 week, so I gatal gatal called that guy and first I don't believe this speaker because it is made in Taiwan and you know the USHER kind of sound really a turn off for me, but no harm to try since can get back the money if don't like. So after installed everything properly, play the first song, oh how could such a cheap price speaker can produce such mid, I really never listened before any speaker under RM2000 even RM3000 to have such mid, the mid character is really like the famous BBC LS3/5A mini monitor, after google this speaker, then I found that the designer is a BBC monitor diehard fan and he is trying to reproduce the BBC sound character with minimal cost, and add more lower frequency and high frequency to it. The seller also a good guy, called me after one week whether I want to return the speaker or buy it, I just told him that I want to keep this little fella and then he emailed me an official receipt. Now this speaker is quite famous in Singapore and the selling price over there is SGD499.00 / RM1190.00. The spec is 51Hz to 30khz, 8 ohm impedance, 100w power rating and 89dB 1w/1m sensitivity. This little speaker is really worth to try. 

[attachmentid=3997707]
So poison... hmm.gif
wim1983
post Jun 20 2014, 11:08 AM

Whiz
1,521 posts

QUOTE(fx20 @ Jun 17 2014, 06:44 PM)
I am getting gatal to listen to them side by side now. Vivakarna let's arrange for a A/B test for this speaker to see if it live up to what it claimed.

According to the seller, it has "7 days money back guarantee for COD customers only". It is not harm to give it a try.
Ya, please do a Justice Bao listening session to compare those 2 drool.gif

Can't wait for you all reviews cool.gif rclxm9.gif

wim1983
post Jun 21 2014, 11:27 PM

Whiz
1,521 posts

QUOTE(fx20 @ Jun 21 2014, 07:59 AM)
Hi bro, I have to tell you this will not happen. My friend in KL have called and SMSed this fellow but got not response from him eventually.

By the way, I have called Taiwan www.AudioTaste.com.tw, who designed the speaker, and spoke to Mr Chung, and I was informed this is a speaker is to imitate BBC LS3/5A. Currently, it is priced at NT$8999 (RM899) with NT$1500 (RM150) discount voucher, and it is made by AAA in China. The two drivers are built by Jamo (I also heard Jamo has discontinued this drivers, for a reason they do not know).

I also spoke to MS Chen in AAA, China, where she promised me to point me to a speaker engineer and again it was never happened.  It looked like they only able to read the spec from the website but not able to answer most of my questions.

Most importantly, after hours, nobody has or able to show me a SPL chart.

I have also spoken to my friends in Taiwan and Singapore and none of them realized the existence of the speaker.  But one of my kind Taiwanese headfi friend, Mr Ching, pointed me to a forum thread,

https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Headphone/M.1372947283.A.ACE.html

Accordingly, the impression of AAA 3/5A is as

" 喇叭區擺放的喇叭不多,以PSB、AAA、Amphion、KEF等廠牌為主 進去的時候,喇叭區唱歌的喇叭是AAA的復刻JM-3/5A 不大清楚是哪台AMP推的 聲音有點粗,低頻偏少,中頻還可以,高頻有點雜 各種聲音的搭配間夾有粗糙的顆粒,導致聲音銜接不是很流暢"

Google translated,

"There is not many speakers in the area: PSB, AAA, Amphion, KEF and other brands, the playing system is JM-3/5A AAA and an unknown amp, the acoustics was a little rough, no bass, mid is acceptable, high register is messy, the convergence of high, mid and low are filled up with rough particles, making the overall sound not very smooth"

Are you you still tempted?
I see, where is the feelfree guy go sweat.gif ? Maybe he can help to explain and demo a bit...

Just today I have clean my room and reposition xls-encore (as suggest by the diagram), resonance does not happen, but if I am not listen at my chair, e.g. like at side near speakers, still hear resonance quite strong, hmm guess I'll have to buy a subwoofer not long later...haha...

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0343sec    3.31    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 11th December 2019 - 08:45 AM