Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

RC Flying Models V4, radio controlled aircrafts

views

plazing
post Mar 9 2017, 03:52 PM

8 posts

Hi guys,

I'm looking for micro quad after flying few cheap syma drones, any recommendation or someone selling? could use some tips for flying a hobby grade drones. fpv would be nice addition but since im still dont know how those thing flies, i'll be flying los for now

My budget just around rm500 (150usd), might able to stretch that a bit for complete rtf.

Thanks
plazing
post Mar 9 2017, 11:42 PM

8 posts

thanks for the info. im looking to get a kingkong 90GT, is it okay or there is better choice at that price range?
plazing
post Mar 10 2017, 11:01 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(SupermotoXL @ Mar 10 2017, 02:34 PM)
RM$500 is a good budget, You can buy latest FS-i6X (do not buy FS-i6S) radio and micro FPV micro quad racer (King Kong Q100 = ultra durable and more aftermarket spare parts).  Both are hobby grade.  You might need to chip in extra RM$300 for EACHINE FPV video goggle.  Best to go to Rcgroups.com forum for further research.  With that you can join community of FPV racers.  Here my review of Q100:  http://www.supermotoxl.com/designs-a-creat...pv-racing-drone
nice, looks good. is there brick & mortar shop for these rc things or you guys just bought it online(banggood, gearbest, etc.) ?
plazing
post Mar 11 2017, 04:37 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(SupermotoXL @ Mar 11 2017, 07:54 AM)
I just bought from Banggood.com or Gearbest.com since its cheaper in bulk and also more variety of parts to choose from when compare to local or hobbyking.com.  Banggood.com have faster support services if products is defected or required returns/refund.  Just go to Rcgroups.com R/c community forum if you need some info about certain products, those people shud give better view which stuff is better and mods.
if bought at those websites, does it come assembled or needed soldering ?

i don't have solder iron and last time i solder something is when studying.
plazing
post Mar 19 2017, 07:18 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(ltwvince @ Mar 17 2017, 12:06 PM)
You can find my parts list in this RCG blog page at https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2780269. My parts comes from Banggood, Gearbest and Tmart.

Review for the Boldclash 6x15mm 18000 KV Coreless Motors at https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2848657 and Boldclash F-02 25mW AIO Camera VTX used are at https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2851317.
I got a H36 and thinking to attach a fpv to it, but too lazy to solder and dont have the skill to solder those small things. anyway, i might just buy makerfire, warlark 80 ( quite expensive ) or the real blade inductrix, any other rtf/bnf tiny whoop out there?

btw, i just ordered the Boldclash motors for my h36, lets see how this thing fly. also i cut the 4 blade props to just 2 blade.
plazing
post Mar 20 2017, 04:50 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(ltwvince @ Mar 20 2017, 12:00 PM)
I have the Makerfire MicroFPV DSM2 BNF (Review at https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2844878) and Eachine E010S DSM2 BNF (Review at https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2847429) too. Both are great out of the box without much tinkering. Warlark 80 I suggest you hold on first until they fix it with a better camera.

Original Inductrix is good but expensive unless you got tons to spare. Buy one Inductrix, you can get two that I mentioned.
As for FPV, the cheapest one is eachine vr007 but it doesn't have dvr. If would like to record my flying footage, what are the goggle/fpv monitor alternatives that is not too expensive like the fatshark rclxub.gif ?

also I see there is more people using goggle than monitor attached to the transmitter. Thanks for the recommendation and nice review.

This post has been edited by plazing: Mar 20 2017, 04:51 PM
plazing
post Mar 21 2017, 04:15 PM

8 posts

Just now Tmart email me saying they can't ship my extra h36 batteries. The boldclash motors shipped just fine.

So i think most of online websites now don't ship batteries to some countries anymore until maybe they change logistics partner.
plazing
post Mar 21 2017, 05:00 PM

8 posts

currently im deciding to go straight from h36 to kingkong 90gt or q100.

q100 seems more durable and it have canopy over the electronics and battery can mount on top, also seems more durable.

90gt is tempting cause of i want to feel the power of brushless since i already flying brushed toy quad, also it include props guard.

the price difference about rm 250, q100 around rm500 and 90gt rm750 both rtf with fsi6. is it worth it to go for brushless for a newbie ?
plazing
post Mar 23 2017, 09:31 AM

8 posts

Finally pull the trigger, ordered a kingkong q100. Considering I will play mostly indoor or at my condo parking spaces, I'll go for cheap brushed first.

Crashing a ~200 quad should be less painful than crashing a ~500 quad. Can't wait for it to arrive. rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by plazing: Mar 23 2017, 09:31 AM
plazing
post Mar 27 2017, 10:42 PM

8 posts

received the quad today, doing some maiden flight at my condo park. Feels different from my other toy quads, more powerful and fast when maneuvering.

The props seem easy to break, if its not the props guard surely already broke some of it. Any recommended spare props and also spare motors since the motors quite hot after flying back and forth for few minutes.

I noticed when I full pitch going forward and release the stick the quad seems too fast in stabilizing itself (as a noob, angle mode ofc innocent.gif ) and the quad swinging, end up it lose altitude and touching the floor since i only fly about 2-3 meters. any guide to better tune those self stabilizing speeds.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by plazing: Mar 27 2017, 10:45 PM
plazing
post Apr 17 2017, 07:46 PM

8 posts

Just received my KingKong Tiny7 Advanced. Too bad it cannot be shipped with 5 batteries because of the new regulations, instead it shipped with just 2 batteries which one is in the quad and another one in on the box (I think they cannot be closely together). Also there is 2 layer of boxes to protect it along with the plastic case. The item is shipped by Fedex International Economy which is fast, only 3 working days (maybe the seller want to compensate with the battery)
Attached Image

I pick the flysky version, and it bind easily with my modded 10ch FS-i6 and the receiver is FS-RX2A 8ch so i can use all the switches on the transmitter. Its already loaded with Betaflight 3.0.1 and the board is SPRACINGF3. The FC is combined with the VTX, so less wires and soldering. The default PID is quite high for my noob flying skill and the angle when pitching around 45deg which makes it really fast indoors. The battery is 1S 500mah 30c, quite big for this type of quad.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Advanced version comes with the quad,3 canopies, 3 sets propeller, props puller, spare screws/rubber for mounting the fc/small bands for motor wire, supposedly 5 batteries, 5 way charger and a plastic case. Not a bad package considering the price.
Attached Image

This post has been edited by plazing: Apr 17 2017, 07:49 PM
plazing
post Apr 19 2017, 12:11 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 18 2017, 11:43 AM)
Where you purchase the quad?. Pretty interesting fthey can ship with extra battery.

I going purchase multiple 3s 4s racing + AP quad battery too. That Malaysia didt got the nice C rate one.
Aliexpress, yes hard to find quad battery here in malaysia unless the quad is famous one. I've contacted seller that sells battery for this quad and they can't ship the battery only, i need to buy some other things too. i'll just order batteries and spare motors, and see if they can ship it.
plazing
post Apr 19 2017, 02:16 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 19 2017, 12:41 AM)
so it is normal register air mail?
no fast courier?

I pretty interesting on infinity lipo... but malaysia almost cant see
i've not order the battery yet, usually i choose the aliexpress standard shipping. for the quad its fedex ie
plazing
post Apr 19 2017, 02:18 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(kyoshooo @ Apr 19 2017, 12:59 AM)
Still can get 1S lipo for tiny whoop in pj..
wahh, nice. where i can get it?

This post has been edited by plazing: Apr 19 2017, 02:19 AM
plazing
post May 5 2017, 08:38 PM

8 posts

Finally bought a Eachine VR D2 goggle. First FPV flight around house feel different, need to get used to. It stay just fine on my face and the footage from my KingKong Tiny7 is nice.

I bought the goggle for RM250 new sealed from some facebook page i found which is quite cheap and only takes 1 day to arrive since its just local postage.
Attached Image
Attached Image
plazing
post May 5 2017, 10:38 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(zeroglyph @ May 5 2017, 09:05 PM)
wow, great price! very nice budget goggle, especially for micros. my fpv footage above was from the same goggle.
ikr. have you install the new firmware from baggood?

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-VR-D2-5-In...-p-1074866.html

plazing
post May 7 2017, 05:55 PM

8 posts

Trying horizon mode on fpv, its easier to flip and roll it on fpv compared to los. still dont have the courage to go acro mode. whistling.gif

ps. ignore the kids excited to see the quad

This post has been edited by plazing: May 7 2017, 05:57 PM
plazing
post May 23 2017, 03:27 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ May 22 2017, 10:42 AM)
Any guide to do that?

I have a switch for air mode.
I will try snap a pic with PiD setting later tonighr
Latest betaflight have toggle for always on airmode, i recommend to turn it on or just put same switch for arm + airmode.

I'm not sure for high power brushless quad, but for brushed quad you need pretty high altitude before you can safely flips/roll using horizon mode, else it will touch the ground. It also depends on your rates on how fast it will flip.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0646sec    0.13    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:59 PM