Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> PTPTN discount by 20% (Loans & Scholarships)

maggi
post Sep 29 2012, 01:11 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

ptptn discount ?

hi everyone, may i know how does this discount work ? has been paying consistently but seems like the statement never reduce sad.gif

for this discount do we need to apply ? how bout the 10% discount ....does it means that we pay consistently, the 10% will automatic deducted from our staement? icon_question.gif icon_question.gif

TQ!

Added on September 29, 2012, 1:14 pmsos ptptn

Belanjawan 2013 : Diskaun mudahkan bayaran PTPTN

Beberapa insentif berupa pemberian diskaun akan diperkenalkan bagi memudahkan proses pembayaran balik pinjaman Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN), kata Perdana Menteri Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.

Najib, yang juga Menteri Kewangan berkata insentif pertama adalah diskaun 20 peratus daripada jumlah pinjaman kepada peminjam yang menyelesaikan hutang sekali gus dalam tempoh setahun bermula 1 Okt 2012 hingga 30 Sept 2013.

"Manakala, bagi mereka yang membayar pinjaman secara konsisten mengikut jadual mulai 1 Okt 2012, diskaun 10 peratus setahun akan diberikan," katanya ketika membentangkan Belanjawan 2013 di Dewan Rakyat hari ini.

Perdana Menteri turut mengingatkan para peminjam bahawa hukum membayar hutang adalah wajib dan pinjaman PTPTN merupakan satu amanah.

Bagi menggalakkan sikap menabung untuk pendidikan, Perdana Menteri berkata pelepasan cukai sebanyak RM3,000 bagi Skim Simpanan Pendidikan Nasional (SSPN) sedia ada juga akan dinaikkan kepada RM6,000

This post has been edited by maggi: Sep 29 2012, 01:14 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wailord
post Sep 29 2012, 01:23 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

read or not? it say starting 1 Oct....
+Quote Post
maggi
post Sep 29 2012, 01:26 PM

Regular

QUOTE(wailord @ Sep 29 2012, 01:23 PM)
read or not? it say starting 1 Oct....
of coz i read it, does it mean start from 1st oct 2012 automatically ? its only say 1 oct , if u know how plz be more precise ? much appreciate

This post has been edited by maggi: Sep 29 2012, 01:26 PM
+Quote Post
zstan
post Sep 29 2012, 01:41 PM

10k Club

it only applies to those who have already graduated and are currently paying the loans...
+Quote Post
Hikari0307
post Sep 29 2012, 02:50 PM

平成の光

QUOTE(maggi @ Sep 29 2012, 01:11 PM)
ptptn discount ?

hi everyone, may i know how does this discount work ? has been paying consistently but seems like the statement never reduce  sad.gif
for this discount do we need to apply ? how bout the 10% discount ....does it means that we pay consistently, the 10% will automatic deducted from our staement?  icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif
TQ!
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
From what I can understand about the 20% discount,
if you were to pay back every single cent you owe to PTPTN between 1st october 2012 to 30th september 2013, you'll get a 20% discount.

While if you have been paying consistently then you'll get the 10% discount. This is my guess from what I understand, from 1st of october onwards, if you were to consistently pay off your loan for a year, you'll get a 10% discount a year. There's probably some paperwork you'll have to fill at the end of the year or it's automatic, we don't know, you'll have to contact PTPTN for further information or probably have to wait for them to release more precise info, najib has only announced it recently.
+Quote Post
grumpyorang
post Sep 29 2012, 03:42 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Hikari0307 @ Sep 29 2012, 02:50 PM)
if you were to pay back every single cent you owe to PTPTN between 1st october 2012 to 30th september 2013, you'll get a 20% discount.

While if you have been paying consistently then you'll get the 10% discount. This is my guess from what I understand, from 1st of october onwards, if you were to consistently pay off your loan for a year, you'll get a 10% discount a year. There's probably some paperwork you'll have to fill at the end of the year or it's automatic, we don't know, you'll have to contact PTPTN for further information or probably have to wait for them to release more precise info, najib has only announced it recently.
don't pay first la. someone say want to give 100% rebate. u pay now u regret later
+Quote Post
Hikari0307
post Sep 29 2012, 05:16 PM

平成の光

QUOTE(grumpyorang @ Sep 29 2012, 03:42 PM)
don't pay first la. someone say want to give 100% rebate. u pay now u regret later
My stand is you loan money, signed and agreed to the terms and conditions, took the money and used it. You'll have to pay back the loan no matter what, any discount you get afterwards is good for you but never put off paying it off just because there's something that is not certain will happen in the future. If you don't want to pay lump sum and get it over with, no problem, as long as you pay the minimum amount you are required to in the agreed periods, what happens afterwards and if you are no longer required to pay, then thank god but never stop paying before.
+Quote Post
maggi
post Sep 29 2012, 07:01 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Hikari0307 @ Sep 29 2012, 02:50 PM)

the problem is, let say my current debt to PTPTN is 40k , by 20% discount means i just have to pay {"40,000 X 20% = 8,000"} RM32000.00 . meaning that i have to settle 32,000 then no more outstanding! how if i consistently pay 32,000/12= RM2666.68 for 12 month ( till 30 september ) ? unsure.gif in the end ...they say no such thingy ?

as for the 10% , the news said tat paid consistently to enjoy this discount and if we cannot settle by 30 september 2013. where the 10% start counting ? amount of outstanding as at 1st oct 2012 or amount as at 30 september 2013 ?

welcome and appreciate all opinions thumbup.gif

Added on September 29, 2012, 7:07 pm
QUOTE(Hikari0307 @ Sep 29 2012, 05:16 PM)
My stand is you loan money, signed and agreed to the terms and conditions, took the money and used it. You'll have to pay back the loan no matter what, any discount you get afterwards is good for you but never put off paying it off just because there's something that is not certain will happen in the future. If you don't want to pay lump sum and get it over with, no problem, as long as you pay the minimum amount you are required to in the agreed periods, what happens afterwards and if you are no longer required to pay, then thank god but never stop paying before.
loan money and have to pay back....this is fair enough smile.gif

as for the terms and condition , after the 1st contract was signed during the borrowing time any changes afterward we still have to sign again as acceptance of the changes....

just like the ujrah (3% -1% ) although it MAY looks favorable to borrowers ....PTPTN does not automatically convert it for borrowers....the recipient of the loan still have to signed a new contract to show they agreed with the new changes.

hi hikari, do u pay the minimum amount all this while if u dun mind i asking biggrin.gif ?
it seems like paying for just the interest (so called admin fee) all this while ....

This post has been edited by maggi: Sep 29 2012, 07:07 PM
+Quote Post
wailord
post Sep 29 2012, 08:19 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(maggi @ Sep 29 2012, 07:01 PM)
the problem is, let say my current debt to PTPTN is 40k , by 20% discount means i just have to pay {"40,000 X 20% = 8,000"} RM32000.00 . meaning that i have to settle 32,000 then no more outstanding! how if i consistently pay 32,000/12= RM2666.68 for 12 month ( till 30 september )  ?  unsure.gif  in the end ...they say no such thingy ?

as for the 10% , the news said tat paid consistently to enjoy this discount and if we cannot settle by 30 september 2013. where the 10% start counting ? amount of outstanding as at 1st oct 2012 or amount as at 30 september 2013 ?
welcome and appreciate all opinions  thumbup.gif
They say lump sum so no, cannot pay 2666.68 for 12 month until sept to get 20%. Pay in 1 go to enjoy the 20%.

10% is mention in a separate sentence with no mention of ending by 30 sept like the 20% news. IINM 10% will be available until they say to drop it. Start counting? The requirements are after 1 Oct and yearly, so if you start from Oct count till 12 month. If you start paying November then 12 month from it.

well this is my interpretation of the news so far. thanks

+Quote Post
lee1234
post Sep 30 2012, 03:34 PM

Getting Started

i paid once in half year everytime. Just to save my transaction fee and easy to maintain.
How to consider as consistent? pay every month start from Oct? how much consider minimum payment?
a lot of thing is subjective, is there any model detail info provided for this budget 2013?

This post has been edited by lee1234: Sep 30 2012, 03:38 PM
+Quote Post
Stamp
post Sep 30 2012, 09:07 PM

Regular

why dont you kids wait for a while until ptptn comes out with clear guidelines on those rebates announced during the recent budget?

+Quote Post
maggi
post Oct 1 2012, 09:39 AM

Regular

QUOTE(Stamp @ Sep 30 2012, 09:07 PM)
why dont you kids wait for a while until ptptn comes out with clear guidelines on those rebates announced during the recent budget?
we discussing all the possibilities problem area so we would have clearer picture and know what to ask later unsure.gif
coz u know sometime the guidelines given is not so clear after all ? smile.gif
+Quote Post
BatuItu
post Oct 1 2012, 12:10 PM

Now, the diff. btw discount and rebate is highlighted.
He said 10% discount (gradly he not using the word rebate), should meaning 10% deduct from the loan amount remaing. If he used rebate instead, then should mean 10% of the total installment you paid that year.
janji didapati rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
feizaiII
post Oct 1 2012, 05:11 PM

***** Genuine? *****

Only one lump sum clear it entitle 20% discount?
+Quote Post
kenyin
post Oct 1 2012, 05:24 PM

Getting Started

I also question about this...20%. Wanna see the tricky part when they come out the rules...haha..same like last time 1%...doh...
+Quote Post
lee1234
post Oct 1 2012, 05:36 PM

Getting Started

ya...just like the 1%, it drag for almost 2 years only implement it!!
+Quote Post
kenyin
post Oct 1 2012, 05:51 PM

Getting Started

Oh now they come out the official thingy liao...
Everyone can head to here to see

FOR 20%
http://www.ptptn.gov.my/docs/Bajet2013/Baj...ampiran%20A.pdf

FOR 10%
http://www.ptptn.gov.my/docs/Bajet2013/Baj...ampiran%20B.pdf

+Quote Post
maggi
post Oct 1 2012, 05:52 PM

Regular

QUOTE(feizaiII @ Oct 1 2012, 05:11 PM)
Only one lump sum clear it entitle 20% discount?
yes feizai ! smile.gif

from kopitiam
or maybe wait for next election ? rclxm9.gif
+Quote Post
WhitE LighteR
post Oct 3 2012, 01:48 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~

New info out in PTPTN website:

http://www.ptptn.gov.my/web/guest/bajet2013
+Quote Post
work_tgr
post Oct 3 2012, 03:10 PM

501 - Not Implemented

i have money, i pay ... if i don't have money i don't pay.
so I am actually not consistent to pay.

anyhow, we will get such "offer" from time to time ... so .... It's quite "unfair" for those who clear loan early. Suppose they could claim 20% back ?? (hehe)
+Quote Post
WhitE LighteR
post Oct 3 2012, 03:57 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~

Feel the 10% is like not worth it like that coz they calculate base on total payment in 12 month instead of total remain. And yet the interest is calculate 3% of total remain
+Quote Post
skylee18
post Oct 3 2012, 04:04 PM

Getting Started

wondering how your passed your malay subject. doh.gif

20% applicable for those who still have bad debt, when u clear it by paying it, all your bad debt will be discounted at 20%, which mean if you still have RM5k bad debt then RM1000 will be discounted base on that. Understand this english?

10% is for those who started to pay effective on 1 October 2012 continuously for 12 months /1 year and it counted according to your payment schedule. If your payment schedule is set to be paying 200/month, then u have to consistently paying RM2.4k for a year then just got 10% discount which is RM200. If you are under 1% interest schema then more easy, no need to follow as the payment rate is fixed. But if you are under 3% interest schema then please check your schedule and pay according to that.

i advise you to take extra classes for malay if not your post is making like ah jib gor malay got problem doh.gif
+Quote Post
WhitE LighteR
post Oct 3 2012, 05:37 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~

QUOTE(skylee18 @ Oct 3 2012, 04:04 PM)
wondering how your passed your malay subject.  doh.gif

20% applicable for those who still have bad debt, when u clear it by paying it, all your bad debt will be discounted at 20%, which mean if you still have RM5k bad debt then RM1000 will be discounted base on that. Understand this english?

10% is for those who started to pay effective on 1 October 2012 continuously for 12 months /1 year and it counted according to your payment schedule. If your payment schedule is set to be paying 200/month, then u have to consistently paying RM2.4k for a year then just got 10% discount which is RM200. If you are under 1% interest schema then more easy, no need to follow as the payment rate is fixed. But if you are under 3% interest schema then please check your schedule and pay according to that.

i advise you to take extra classes for malay if not your post is making like ah jib gor malay got problem  doh.gif
sweat.gif why u so angry la...
+Quote Post
skylee18
post Oct 4 2012, 12:44 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(WhitE LighteR @ Oct 3 2012, 05:37 PM)
common dude, this TS is someone who got PTPTN which mean highly educated and already go thru University standard, if this type of simple malay also x understand, better just go back secondary school and dun waste government money paying so much to polish your brain...i really speechless doh.gif

+Quote Post
maggi
post Oct 8 2012, 09:38 AM

Regular

QUOTE(work_tgr @ Oct 3 2012, 03:10 PM)
i have money, i pay ... if i don't have money i don't pay.
so I am actually not consistent to pay.

anyhow, we will get such "offer" from time to time ... so .... It's quite "unfair" for those who clear loan early. Suppose they could claim 20% back ??  (hehe)
claming back should be quite impossible gua.... laugh.gif

QUOTE(skylee18 @ Oct 3 2012, 04:04 PM)
wondering how your passed your malay subject.  doh.gif

i advise you to take extra classes for malay if not your post is making like ah jib gor malay got problem  doh.gif
how if i pay more than consistency ? lets say PTPTN only required me to pay RM150 per month , i increase monthly payment to RM300? PTPTN will reduced my debt by RM330 ?

Added on October 8, 2012, 9:49 am
QUOTE(WhitE LighteR @ Oct 3 2012, 05:37 PM)
it seems like him is so sure about , ppl like him should not joining in forum , he forget forum is open for disccusion. if he so smart and and think wasting time to answer. dun even bother to reply la shakehead.gif doh.gif

Added on October 8, 2012, 9:54 am
QUOTE(skylee18 @ Oct 4 2012, 10:23 AM)
need more clarification on it, pay in FULL means you clear all the so called hutang before, if its 5k then u pay it, and 1k discount you will got which mean u just need to pay 4k for your hutang.
3% got payment schedule while 1% don't have. 3% schedule would be increasing from year to year, so make sure you know how much to pay, and lets say you need to pay 150/month, for your secure, better pay 151  laugh.gif
dude so good in BM also need to clarify ? lolz !
rmb , forum is for discussion dey ! whistling.gif

This post has been edited by maggi: Oct 8 2012, 09:54 AM
+Quote Post
lee1234
post Oct 8 2012, 03:58 PM

Getting Started

SOALAN 7
Bolehkah saya membuat pembayaran berdasarkan baki hutang semasa di
penyata online?
Jawapan:
Boleh. Bayaran sebanyak 80% daripada baki hutang semasa boleh dibuat
melalui semua saluran sediada kutipan balik PTPTN.

That means if we owe 10k, we just have to pay back 8k?
I dont think government is so efficient enough to calculate the 20% of your current debt and understand you are clearing the debt and issue the "SPH". hmm.gif

My initial thought is everyone who pay off all the debt before 30 sept 2013, SPH is issued and the value paied during this one year period will be discounted 20%. This should be much more systematic but of course if this is malaysia, the 20% discount might delay for half or a year for the rebat... rclxm9.gif

Has anyone called and confirm how the 20% calculated? is really i just need to pay the 80% of debt will do?
if this is the case, lets say i have 10k debt, i paid 5k today, can i just paid 3k at august next year?

This post has been edited by lee1234: Oct 8 2012, 03:59 PM
+Quote Post
cenkudu
post Oct 10 2012, 04:00 PM

On my way

QUOTE(lee1234 @ Oct 8 2012, 03:58 PM)
SOALAN 7
penyata online?
Jawapan:

That means if we owe 10k, we just have to pay back 8k?
I dont think government is so efficient enough to calculate the 20% of your current debt and understand you are clearing the debt and issue the "SPH".  hmm.gif

My initial thought is everyone who pay off all the debt before 30 sept 2013, SPH is issued and the value paied during this one year period will be discounted 20%.  This should be much more systematic but of course if this is malaysia, the 20% discount might delay for half or a year for the rebat... rclxm9.gif

Has anyone called and confirm how the 20% calculated? is really i just need to pay the 80% of debt will do?
if this is the case, lets say i have 10k debt, i paid 5k today, can i just paid 3k at august next year?
I think yes, but your interest will increase if you pay by August next year since the outstanding is based on your principal balance and interest at the current date
+Quote Post
limkopi
post Oct 10 2012, 08:09 PM

Getting Started

totally worth it?
+Quote Post
metaloid
post Oct 11 2012, 10:44 AM

Straight Edge

question, the repayment is based on a schedule, do they mean the agreement letters that we signed before that states the figures etc?
Lets say i have to pay back rm2000 in 12months, do i have to pay it every month consistently or can i just pay 2000 once (to lessen the hassle and transaction fees) to get the 10%
+Quote Post
brutalsoul
post Oct 11 2012, 01:32 PM

A goal without a plan is just a wish

QUOTE(metaloid @ Oct 11 2012, 10:44 AM)
question, the repayment is based on a schedule, do they mean the agreement letters that we signed before that states the figures etc?
Lets say i have to pay back rm2000 in 12months, do i have to pay it every month consistently or can i just pay 2000 once (to lessen the hassle and transaction fees) to get the 10%
it is like this :
let said the amount need to paid in 1 mth = rm200,
so in 1 yr = 12 x 200 = rm2400.
to entitle u to get the 10 % discount, total amount paid in 1 oct 2012 - 31 oct 2014 must not less than rm2400...
therefore, u eligible to get rm240 discount (10% of total amount paid in 12 mth period).

if paid more, (>rm2400) u get more discount...

correct me if im wrong
+Quote Post
metaloid
post Oct 11 2012, 01:42 PM

Straight Edge

QUOTE(brutalsoul @ Oct 11 2012, 01:32 PM)
it is like this :
let said the amount need to paid in 1 mth = rm200,
so in 1 yr = 12 x 200 = rm2400.
to entitle u to get the 10 % discount, total amount paid in 1 oct 2012 - 31 oct 2014 must not less than rm2400...
therefore, u eligible to get rm240 discount (10% of total amount paid in 12 mth period).

if paid more, (>rm2400) u get more discount...

correct me if im wrong
ok meaning as long as u pay the rm2400 within 12months it dosent matter if u dont pay consistently every month right? it can be a one time or 12 time payment to meet that amount.
So is the amount is the one stated in the signed contract? its not a round figure its like rm1xx.xx ansuran right.
+Quote Post
brutalsoul
post Oct 11 2012, 01:50 PM

A goal without a plan is just a wish

here, check this out

http://www.ptptn.gov.my/web/guest/bajet2013

select Bil 2. then can download the pdf file

+Quote Post
edge85
post Oct 14 2012, 12:17 PM

Regular

the PDF regarding the 10% discount is fully understood by me.

however, the PDF regarding the 20% I am still a little blur about it.

do I have to make one lump sum payment (based on the baki semasa), before 30 Sept 2013 to qualify for that 20%?

OR

do can I divide the loan into several payments, as long as I can finish paying by 30 Sept 2013 to qualify for that 20%. (then maybe they will refund that extra 20% I paid)
+Quote Post
JaniceTan1211
post Oct 14 2012, 12:58 PM

government no money now, encourage ppl to return
+Quote Post
Hikari0307
post Oct 14 2012, 02:25 PM

平成の光

QUOTE(edge85 @ Oct 14 2012, 12:17 PM)

do I have to make one lump sum payment (based on the baki semasa), before 30 Sept 2013 to qualify for that 20%?

OR

do can I divide the loan into several payments, as long as I can finish paying by 30 Sept 2013 to qualify for that 20%. (then maybe they will refund that extra 20% I paid)
My understanding from this is that
SOALAN 2
Bagaimana pemberian diskaun 20% akan diberikan, sama ada atas baki
prinsipal/ kos pentadbiran/ baki keseluruhan/ baki tunggakan/ termasuk
kos-kos guaman?
Jawapan :
Pemberian diskaun 20% dikira atas baki hutang semasa pada masa
penyelesaian hutang pinjaman/ pembiayaan dilakukan.

the 20% discount will only apply when you make the final lump sum payment.
Therefore let's say you have a RM12,000 debt, when you go and pay 80% of that in a one lump sum payment by the 30th september 2013, then you are now free from any PTPTN debts.

Now let's say you divide the loan into several payments, say into 12 payments of RM1000 each before the 30th sept 2013, the 20% discount will only be given to the final RM1000 remaining during the final payment. Which is to say the discount is only applied to the balance for the final payment which clears off your debt.

I may be wrong but that's my understanding of reading the pdf file.
+Quote Post
edge85
post Oct 14 2012, 05:42 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Hikari0307 @ Oct 14 2012, 02:25 PM)
My understanding from this is that
the 20% discount will only apply when you make the final lump sum payment.
Therefore let's say you have a RM12,000 debt, when you go and pay 80% of that in a one lump sum payment by the 30th september 2013, then you are now free from any PTPTN debts.

Now let's say you divide the loan into several payments, say into 12 payments of RM1000 each before the 30th sept 2013, the 20% discount will only be given to the final RM1000 remaining during the final payment. Which is to say the discount is only applied to the balance for the final payment which clears off your debt.

I may be wrong but that's my understanding of reading the pdf file.
thank you. that makes sense to me now.
+Quote Post
1setsuna1
post Oct 14 2012, 10:41 PM

Getting Started

can anybody explain how do we apply for the discounts? will it be automatically when we pay or need to fill in forms and apply?

thanks and don's shoot me if i asked some stupid questions. =p
+Quote Post
maggi
post Oct 15 2012, 08:45 AM

Regular

QUOTE(edge85 @ Oct 14 2012, 12:17 PM)

OR

for entitlement of 20% ,u must pay in LUMP SUM. not installment.
+Quote Post
metaloid
post Oct 15 2012, 01:56 PM

Straight Edge

the pdf dosent say anything about having to pay consistently every month for the 10% ? or do they look at the amount that u have paid in those 12 months whether it totals up to the amount u need to pay. Cause im not planning to pay every single month. I'd rather pay a few times or once.
+Quote Post
edge85
post Oct 15 2012, 06:56 PM

Regular

QUOTE(metaloid @ Oct 15 2012, 01:56 PM)
the pdf dosent say anything about having to pay consistently every month for the 10% ? or do they look at the amount that u have paid in those 12 months whether it totals up to the amount u need to pay. Cause im not planning to pay every single month. I'd rather pay a few times or once.
IIRC for that 10%, you must pay the minimum amount every month for 12 consecutive months, from 1 Oct 2012 onwards.

you can also qualify for that 10% even if you have been paying for 12 consecutive months before 1 Oct 2012, but that the discount will only be 'activated' 1 Oct 2012 onwards.
+Quote Post
maggi
post Oct 16 2012, 08:54 AM

Regular

QUOTE(metaloid @ Oct 15 2012, 01:56 PM)
wat i heard is you must pay a sonsistent amount ...let say : once pay RM300 per month must continue to pay RM300 every month...in the end of the period u get like RM3600+ RM360 deducted from your debt. then refresh again next period.
QUOTE(edge85 @ Oct 15 2012, 06:56 PM)
IIRC for that 10%, you must pay the minimum amount every month for 12 consecutive months, from 1 Oct 2012 onwards.

you can also qualify for that 10% even if you have been paying for 12 consecutive months before 1 Oct 2012, but that the discount will only be 'activated' 1 Oct 2012 onwards.
are you sure ? before unsure.gif
+Quote Post
lskmahesh_1993
post Oct 16 2012, 03:18 PM

Getting Started

Appreciate what government has give you. It is not easy to obtain an education loan and remember that your children might need a loan to study. Be wise & pay off your loan.
+Quote Post
hp2309m
post Oct 17 2012, 07:58 PM

so rugi because already settle ptptn loan 2 years ago..if not i can get 700 rebate..
+Quote Post
labtec
post Oct 17 2012, 11:23 PM

Enthusiast

i pay my loan consistently and just left 4k now.
and i want to settle it to get the 20% discount.

if pay full amount through online, how can i get back my 20% rebate? are they going to send me check?
+Quote Post
maggi
post Oct 18 2012, 08:58 AM

Regular

QUOTE(labtec @ Oct 17 2012, 11:23 PM)
i pay my loan consistently and just left 4k now.
and i want to settle it to get the 20% discount.

if pay full amount through online, how can i get back my 20% rebate? are they going to send me check?
4000- 80% =RM3200 need to be pay only
+Quote Post
megadisc
post Oct 18 2012, 09:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(kenyin @ Oct 1 2012, 06:51 PM)
Oh now they come out the official thingy liao...
Everyone can head to here to see

FOR 20%

FOR 10%
http://www.ptptn.gov.my/docs/Bajet2013/Baj...ampiran%20B.pdf
yeah ...i was looking for this.
+Quote Post
labtec
post Oct 18 2012, 11:23 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(maggi @ Oct 18 2012, 08:58 AM)
4000- 80% =RM3200 need to be pay only
just pay RM3200 online and no need to do anything for the RM800 balance and ptptn will help you to do the rest?

I read the ptptn website still say u need to pay all, the only thing left out is how they going to pay me back the 20%. they advise to pay using cash at counter so 20% can discount instantly and get SPH
+Quote Post
megadisc
post Oct 18 2012, 12:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(labtec @ Oct 18 2012, 12:23 PM)
just pay RM3200 online and no need to do anything for the RM800 balance and ptptn will help you to do the rest?

I read the ptptn website still say u need to pay all, the only thing left out is how they going to pay me back the 20%. they advise to pay using cash at counter so 20% can discount instantly and get SPH
ya lor ....this is the big questio right there
scared they said pay all ....then wait long long for 20% to come back...
shakehead.gif
+Quote Post
Hikari0307
post Oct 18 2012, 02:41 PM

平成の光

QUOTE(labtec @ Oct 18 2012, 11:23 AM)

SOALAN 7
penyata online?

Jawapan:

Maklumat lanjut boleh didapati melalui laman web PTPTN www.ptptn.gov.my
Selain daripada pembayaran melalui kaunter PTPTN, butiran bayaran hendaklah
dihantar melalui e-mel kepada bakihutang@ptptn.gov.my atau difakskan
kepada 03-20921590.

+Quote Post
maggi
post Oct 18 2012, 04:41 PM

Regular

QUOTE(labtec @ Oct 18 2012, 11:23 AM)

worth taking a leave to settle all this la....better go to the office and ask for receipt la smile.gif
if not later ding ding dong dong ...give u more headache doh.gif
+Quote Post
megadisc
post Oct 19 2012, 08:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(maggi @ Oct 18 2012, 05:41 PM)
worth taking a leave to settle all this la....better go to the office and ask for receipt la  smile.gif
if not later ding ding dong dong ...give u more headache  doh.gif
yes ...u have a good point right tthere

hate the ding dong espec when involeves the gahmen ...
+Quote Post
baby_meme
post Oct 23 2012, 12:56 PM

would anyone know, if i would be entitled to both 20% and 10% discount if i comply to both of the criteria?

pay rm300 starting october 2012 until september 2013 consistently and then at the end of Sept 2013, i just pay the remaining 20%
+Quote Post
maggi
post Oct 23 2012, 02:47 PM

Regular

QUOTE(baby_meme @ Oct 23 2012, 12:56 PM)
would anyone know, if i would be entitled to both 20% and 10% discount if i comply to both of the criteria?

pay rm300 starting october 2012 until september 2013 consistently and then at the end of Sept 2013, i just pay the remaining 20%
dun risk. better call and ask. the money you paid need sometime to be process . even bank also take 3 days la
+Quote Post
deARCH
post Oct 23 2012, 03:08 PM

Casual

Just pay consistently according to your loan agreement starting from now and you will get the 10% deduction by the end of twelve months. Payment 1 must be October 2012 and onward. This means all loans payment that meets the payment requirements will get the 10% off at least on October 2013.

What you paid before will not get any discounts. That is how I understand it.

I have 12K left to pay. Even if I want to get the 20%, I still can't afford to finish pay by next year laugh.gif

This post has been edited by deARCH: Oct 23 2012, 03:11 PM
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
megadisc
post Oct 23 2012, 05:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(deARCH @ Oct 23 2012, 04:08 PM)
Just pay consistently according to your loan agreement starting from now and you will get the 10% deduction by the end of twelve months. Payment 1 must be October 2012 and onward. This means all loans payment that meets the payment requirements will get the 10% off at least on October 2013.

What you paid before will not get any discounts. That is how I understand it.

I have 12K left to pay. Even if I want to get the 20%, I still can't afford to finish pay by next year laugh.gif
so best to pay lumpf sum
+Quote Post
nyia
post Oct 23 2012, 06:04 PM

Ok. I just know about this discount. Now already Nov, if I start paying now consistently will I get the 10% discount?

Sorry. I mean if I start paying in Nov. Now is still Oct... doh.gif

This post has been edited by nyia: Oct 23 2012, 06:05 PM
+Quote Post
deARCH
post Oct 23 2012, 07:04 PM

Casual

QUOTE(megadisc @ Oct 23 2012, 05:53 PM)
so best to pay lumpf sum
If I have 12K, I could invest and make more money to pay my loan laugh.gif The issue is not having 12K. So I'm gonna stick with 10%. That is good enough. I borrow the money, I am obliged to pay it back. Not having to pay is of course going to make everyone happy tongue.gif

QUOTE(nyia @ Oct 23 2012, 06:04 PM)
Ok. I just know about this discount. Now already Nov, if I start paying now consistently will I get the 10% discount?

Sorry. I mean if I start paying in Nov. Now is still Oct...  doh.gif
If you begin to pay this Nov until Oct 2013, they will deduct your balance 10% from your total 12 months payment. For example, if you pay RM200 per month, total will be RM2400. They will deduct your balance for another RM240 on Oct 2013.

Note that your monthly installments must meet several requirements such as the amount you pay must be as in your agreement form. For instance, in my agreement form, it says I have to pay RM114.58 per month. So I guess paying RM120 per month is a no issue. But if you pay RM100 per month, you're not eligible for the discount. Capiche?
+Quote Post
nyia
post Oct 23 2012, 09:01 PM

QUOTE(deARCH @ Oct 23 2012, 07:04 PM)
If I have 12K, I could invest and make more money to pay my loan laugh.gif The issue is not having 12K. So I'm gonna stick with 10%. That is good enough. I borrow the money, I am obliged to pay it back. Not having to pay is of course going to make everyone happy tongue.gif
If you begin to pay this Nov until Oct 2013, they will deduct your balance 10% from your total 12 months payment. For example, if you pay RM200 per month, total will be RM2400. They will deduct your balance for another RM240 on Oct 2013.

Note that your monthly installments must meet several requirements such as the amount you pay must be as in your agreement form. For instance, in my agreement form, it says I have to pay RM114.58 per month. So I guess paying RM120 per month is a no issue. But if you pay RM100 per month, you're not eligible for the discount. Capiche?
Ok. Thanks! Totally understand!!
+Quote Post
maggi
post Oct 23 2012, 11:55 PM

Regular

QUOTE(deARCH @ Oct 23 2012, 07:04 PM)

try pay more than the agreed installment still able to enjoy the discount. for instance, agreement requried u to pay RM200 , but u pay RM300 also get 10%. thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
deARCH
post Oct 24 2012, 06:54 AM

Casual

QUOTE(maggi @ Oct 23 2012, 11:55 PM)
try pay more than the agreed installment still able to enjoy the discount. for instance, agreement requried u to pay RM200 , but u pay RM300 also get 10%. thumbup.gif
Yeah thanks biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
willer
post Nov 14 2012, 10:03 AM

Getting Started

My situation is like this, few days ago I had made a payment to PTPTN, then after that decided to lump sum clear off.

I had called the PTPTN hotline and they told me the earlier payment I had made is not entitle for 20% discount. the 20% is for the baki you made when you clear off. heart pain.... one digital camera gone.
+Quote Post
megadisc
post Nov 14 2012, 10:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(willer @ Nov 14 2012, 11:03 AM)
My situation is like this, few days ago I had made a payment to PTPTN, then after that decided to lump sum clear off.

I had called the PTPTN hotline and they told me the earlier payment I had made is not entitle for 20% discount. the 20% is for the baki you made when you clear off.  heart pain.... one digital camera gone.
sorry to hear your pain ...
+Quote Post
maggi
post Nov 14 2012, 01:22 PM

Regular

QUOTE(willer @ Nov 14 2012, 10:03 AM)

I had called the PTPTN hotline and they told me the earlier payment I had made is not entitle for 20% discount. the 20% is for the baki you made when you clear off.  heart pain.... one digital camera gone.
u still owe 20% ? what date u make the lump sum payment ?
+Quote Post
hp2309m
post Nov 16 2012, 03:05 PM

i paid lumpsum already..feel some loss
+Quote Post
smwah
post Nov 18 2012, 03:51 PM

Glad to be Here
Group Icon
Group: Elite

Ok, I got the 1% scheme. So will i entitled the 10% discount? For the 10% discount what I understand it as long u make a consistant payment according to the monthly payment for 12 months u will entitle 10% discount, (from oct'12 till Sept'13) Does it means if I start to pay from Jan'13 till Jan'14 i got 10% discount? How about the next 12 months payment?

+Quote Post
bonkers28
post Nov 18 2012, 07:43 PM

Getting Started

to be eligible for the 10% discount, i understand that one has to make their payment monthly without fail...

but how do they define prompt monthly payment? janji at the end of every month u pay the minimum sum or before the "kos pentadbiran" is imposed?

This post has been edited by bonkers28: Nov 18 2012, 07:46 PM
+Quote Post
Pewufod
post Nov 18 2012, 11:37 PM

On my way

im considering to pay off my ptptn loan right after i grad
im taking a 66k loan, but i didnt really use it anyway

how do i go about this ?
just go to the office after i grad and tell them i want to pay lump sum and get the 20% discount ?

Added on November 18, 2012, 11:40 pmi also want to ask if the interest starts counting the moment we receive our first ptptn payment or after we grad ?
so if we pay lumpsum after grad, do we pay 66k - 20% or 66k+interest then only -20% ?

This post has been edited by Pewufod: Nov 18 2012, 11:40 PM
+Quote Post
Cyndi lee
post Nov 22 2012, 11:48 AM

I am new to PTPTN. May i know how long is the duration provided in clearing those loan?
+Quote Post
megadisc
post Nov 26 2012, 08:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Pewufod @ Nov 19 2012, 12:37 AM)
im considering to pay off my ptptn loan right after i grad
im taking a 66k loan, but i didnt really use it anyway

how do i go about this ?
just go to the office after i grad and tell them i want to pay lump sum and get the 20% discount ?

Added on November 18, 2012, 11:40 pmi also want to ask if the interest starts counting the moment we receive our first ptptn payment or after we grad ?
so if we pay lumpsum after grad, do we pay 66k - 20% or 66k+interest then only -20% ?
yeah...go to office ...

QUOTE(Cyndi lee @ Nov 22 2012, 12:48 PM)
I am new to PTPTN. May i know how long is the duration provided in clearing those loan?
as long as u want ...

just make sure to pay something or else they barr u from renewing ur passport..
+Quote Post
WhitE LighteR
post Nov 26 2012, 04:29 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~

There is one thing that got me thinking. In the 10% plan, there is a rule that require us to follow the schedule payment either matching it or more then that amount.

For the 20% plan, there is no such mention. I am trying to clarify with PTPTN what is their stand on this. What happen if we pay less then the schedule amount then before 30th Sept we pay one lump sum.

I sked they will suddenly say, oh you not qualify. ph34r.gif

Edit: Just got off the phone with them. Its ok to pay below schedule repayment amount.

This post has been edited by WhitE LighteR: Nov 26 2012, 05:16 PM
+Quote Post
raksasa_laut
post Nov 27 2012, 04:12 PM

Getting Started

ade diskaun ke?
+Quote Post
WhitE LighteR
post Nov 29 2012, 08:50 AM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~

QUOTE(raksasa_laut @ Nov 27 2012, 04:12 PM)
ade diskaun ke?
doh.gif u just come out of a cave is it?
+Quote Post
megadisc
post Nov 30 2012, 11:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(WhitE LighteR @ Nov 29 2012, 09:50 AM)
doh.gif u just come out of a cave is it?
i agree with u
+Quote Post
zc_squash
post Feb 3 2013, 11:47 AM

Regular

QUOTE(grumpyorang @ Sep 29 2012, 03:42 PM)
This is a very irresponsible suggestion.
+Quote Post
megadisc
post Feb 3 2013, 12:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(zc_squash @ Feb 3 2013, 11:47 AM)
This is a very irresponsible suggestion.
yeah
so sad

+Quote Post
mackioes
post Feb 4 2013, 09:29 PM

Getting Started

hi, is this discount applicable to currently studying borrowers? ptptn already funded me 40k so far. still got 20k more to fund. is it possible to ended the contract?
+Quote Post
work_tgr
post Feb 4 2013, 10:38 PM

501 - Not Implemented

the discount tarikh ruput is when ? ... i thought is in year ? or before election ?
+Quote Post
prosibu
post Feb 6 2013, 03:21 PM

Getting Started

just now i did ask the counter at ptptn kl sentral and she provided me a form to fill in.
she said, after i hv filled in, go to payment section and tell them i wanna lump sum and they will calculate out how much i need to pay.
i feel it is quite convenient to pay it at ptptn kl sentral.
fast and efficient
+Quote Post
Savor_Savvy
post Feb 7 2013, 09:02 PM

GiRl gaMeR

please contact the pegawai that is in charge of your case. you can find his name when you key in your ic no. somewhere in ptptn website.
+Quote Post
megadisc
post Feb 12 2013, 06:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(rubycani @ Feb 12 2013, 04:46 PM)
yo
that's great advise

+Quote Post
wenching87
post Jul 2 2013, 10:19 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(willer @ Nov 14 2012, 10:03 AM)

omg same situation like me.. damn.. i loss RM800!! wtf!

+Quote Post
kingseow
post Jul 14 2013, 05:35 PM

Getting Started

hi ,
i have 20k loan amount now , so to get the 20% discount i will only need to pay 16k in lumpsum ?
+Quote Post
kevyeoh
post Jul 14 2013, 05:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!

you need to call PTPTN hotline...then ask them to provide a quote to you...they will email you a letter or something like that with the total that you need to clear....

be careful...each month...there's a cut off date...so i think probably you call early of the month is the best....
then you got a few weeks to clear the loan..

if you miss the cut off date...worry that the next month interest will be charged..then you are not clearing the 20%...once this happen...it does not count as full payment and qualify for the 20%...

just did mine recently...that is the process i follow...

hope this helps...

QUOTE(kingseow @ Jul 14 2013, 05:35 PM)
hi ,
i have 20k loan amount now , so to get the 20% discount  i will only need to pay 16k in lumpsum ?
+Quote Post
oicoic
post Aug 14 2013, 02:12 PM

i had completed paid my ptptn loan with 20% discount last week.
but the 20% amount is not deducted frm my account and remak as unpaid amount.... damn... who can answer me my problem.... i scare im not qualify to enjoy the 20% discount then that mean no point i return the other 80% loan so early...

pls help...
+Quote Post
daijoubu
post Aug 16 2013, 12:21 AM

Love Many. Trust Few. Do Wrong to None.

QUOTE(oicoic @ Aug 14 2013, 02:12 PM)
i had completed paid my ptptn loan with 20% discount last week.
but the 20% amount is not deducted frm my account and remak as unpaid amount.... damn... who can answer me my problem.... i scare im not qualify to enjoy the 20% discount then that mean no point i return the other 80% loan so early...

pls help...
how did u made the payment?
+Quote Post
hueikar
post Aug 19 2013, 01:44 PM

Hi, I plan to pay a lump sum for it. Any suggestion to pay back without go to KL central?
Anyone payback from bank or pos office?

+Quote Post
oicoic
post Aug 19 2013, 02:45 PM

QUOTE(daijoubu @ Aug 16 2013, 01:21 AM)
how did u made the payment?
i paid the 80% of the loan to PTPTN Penang Branch with cheque。

i got reply from ptptn said they are processing my case. after 1 day, i recheck my ptptn account, the amount of 20% discount has disappear from the pending loan amount but the pending amount become negative rm90+ ... so weird.... how come? is that mean they will return my extra paid from their wrong calculation?
+Quote Post
icemessenger
post Aug 19 2013, 06:15 PM

Casual

r u guys able to access ptptn website?

www.ptptn.gov.my

it said "The connection was reset"
+Quote Post
oicoic
post Aug 20 2013, 10:05 AM

QUOTE(icemessenger @ Aug 19 2013, 07:15 PM)
r u guys able to access ptptn website?

www.ptptn.gov.my

it said "The connection was reset"
yup. i do able to access on 20 Aug 2013 10:05am
+Quote Post
hueikar
post Aug 21 2013, 04:41 PM

QUOTE(oicoic @ Aug 19 2013, 02:45 PM)
i paid the 80% of the loan to PTPTN Penang Branch with cheque。

i got reply from ptptn said they are processing my case. after 1 day, i recheck my ptptn account, the amount of 20% discount has disappear from the pending loan amount but the pending amount become negative rm90+ ... so weird.... how come? is that mean they will return my extra paid from their wrong calculation?
How do you know the amount to be pay back?
They accept debit card?
How many days they process it?
Thank you.
+Quote Post
oicoic
post Aug 22 2013, 08:40 AM

QUOTE(hueikar @ Aug 21 2013, 05:41 PM)
How do you know the amount to be pay back?
They accept debit card?
How many days they process it?
Thank you.
1. How do you know the amount to be pay back?
Answer: You can visit to PTPTN office, and inquire the pay back amount after 20% discount or send a email to request from your PTPTN officer in-charge. (t bottom of the main screen, click on Pengawai Tanggungjawab to find out your officer in-charge).

2. They accept debit card?
Answer: i dont think so. They accept cash, cheque, and band draft.

3. How many days they process it?
Answer: They will take up to 2 weeks working day, if you find out your account amount is not updated, you can ask assist from you PTPTN officer in-charge via email.

Hope i have answer your questions clearly. smile.gif

Note: My PTPTN officer in-charge is very nice, she able to response my email in between 1-2 working days. thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
hueikar
post Aug 22 2013, 08:58 AM

QUOTE(oicoic @ Aug 22 2013, 08:40 AM)
1. How do you know the amount to be pay back?
Answer: You can visit to PTPTN office, and inquire the pay back amount after 20% discount or send a email to request from your PTPTN officer in-charge. (t bottom of the main screen, click on Pengawai Tanggungjawab to find out your officer in-charge).

2. They accept debit card?
Answer: i dont think so. They accept cash, cheque, and band draft.

3. How many days they process it?
Answer: They will take up to 2 weeks working day, if you find out your account amount is not updated, you can ask assist from you PTPTN officer in-charge via email.

Hope i have answer your questions clearly.  smile.gif

Note: My PTPTN officer in-charge is very nice, she able to response my email in between 1-2 working days.  thumbup.gif
Hi, Thank you very much for your reply.
Ya, I try to email my PTPTN officer. But they didnt reply.
I also try to call the officer and the penyelia too. Nobody is answering my phone.
The PTPTN office is it means to every branch?
+Quote Post
oicoic
post Aug 22 2013, 09:10 AM

QUOTE(hueikar @ Aug 22 2013, 09:58 AM)
Hi, Thank you very much for your reply.
Ya, I try to email my PTPTN officer. But they didnt reply.
I also try to call the officer and the penyelia too. Nobody is answering my phone.
The PTPTN office is it means to every branch?
1. I try to email my PTPTN officer. But they didnt reply.
Answer: Oh, you waiting their reply for how long already? Maybe you send again the email and CC he/her supervisor in the loop (I did that). Maybe your officer handing many trouble case?? haha... laugh.gif

2. I also try to call the officer and the penyelia too. Nobody is answering my phone.
Answer: Maybe the hotline is busy, try call back in different time or try call their branch number, maybe will helpful unsure.gif

Google search > Cawangan PTPTN

3. The PTPTN office is it means to every branch?
Answer: Yup. Any branch, i paid via Penang branch. nod.gif

Note: Do not pay via online, the 20% discount only accept pay via PTPTN office counter.
+Quote Post
hueikar
post Aug 22 2013, 09:22 AM

QUOTE(oicoic @ Aug 22 2013, 09:10 AM)
1. I try to email my PTPTN officer. But they didnt reply.
Answer: Oh, you waiting their reply for how long already? Maybe you send again the email and CC he/her supervisor in the loop (I did that). Maybe your officer handing many trouble case?? haha...  laugh.gif

2. I also try to call the officer and the penyelia too. Nobody is answering my phone.
Answer: Maybe the hotline is busy, try call back in different time or try call their branch number, maybe will helpful  unsure.gif

Google search > Cawangan PTPTN

3. The PTPTN office is it means to every branch?
Answer: Yup. Any branch, i paid via Penang branch.  nod.gif

Note: Do not pay via online, the 20% discount only accept pay via PTPTN office counter.
I had email them 1 week ago and also CC to the supervisor too.
And I had call the officer and the supervisor. None of them answer my call.
Now I cant visit the PTPTN website, can you visit it?
+Quote Post
oicoic
post Aug 22 2013, 09:30 AM

QUOTE(hueikar @ Aug 22 2013, 10:22 AM)
I had email them 1 week ago and also CC to the supervisor too.
And I had call the officer and the supervisor. None of them answer my call.
Now I cant visit the PTPTN website, can you visit it?
i cannot enter to the website also... haha...

Suggest no need to disturb your officer first, try to do the 20% discount calculation by you own (get the latest amount from you online account), then visit to PTPTN office and get the exact amount (is a print-out letter), and pay on the spot. hmm.gif nod.gif

+Quote Post
hueikar
post Aug 22 2013, 09:34 AM

QUOTE(oicoic @ Aug 22 2013, 09:30 AM)
i cannot enter to the website also... haha...

Suggest no need to disturb your officer first, try to do the 20% discount calculation by you own (get the latest amount from you online account), then visit to PTPTN office and get the exact amount (is a print-out letter), and pay on the spot.  hmm.gif  nod.gif
Ok. Thnx for your advice. But the problem now is I need the info of the PTPTN counter.
I need to know the location and working time. I only able to pay on weekend.
So I need to find a counter open on weekend.

+Quote Post
oicoic
post Aug 22 2013, 09:51 AM

QUOTE(hueikar @ Aug 22 2013, 10:34 AM)
Ok. Thnx for your advice. But the problem now is I need the info of the PTPTN counter.
I need to know the location and working time. I only able to pay on weekend.
So I need to find a counter open on weekend.
I dont think any PTPTN office is open on weekend, anyway you can check it out...
Try to go in the early morning, is not that much people... save your time...

Try below link see helpful or not, else you need to wait the website stable...haha

http://mystar.my/myads/pdf_assets/2012/08/07/10584445001.pdf

https://foursquare.com/explore?mode=url&nea...=PTPTN%20office

or facebook rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
hueikar
post Aug 22 2013, 10:06 AM

QUOTE(oicoic @ Aug 22 2013, 09:51 AM)
I dont think any PTPTN office is open on weekend, anyway you can check it out...
Try to go in the early morning, is not that much people... save your time...

Try below link see helpful or not, else you need to wait the website stable...haha

http://mystar.my/myads/pdf_assets/2012/08/07/10584445001.pdf

https://foursquare.com/explore?mode=url&nea...=PTPTN%20office

or facebook  rolleyes.gif
Thanks again for your info.
It helps me. smile.gif
Btw, What should I bring in order to make the payment?

This post has been edited by hueikar: Aug 22 2013, 10:27 AM
+Quote Post
cedyy
post Aug 22 2013, 10:08 AM

Casual

why give 20% discount when they should impose 20% penalty for late payment. doesn't make sense. those who pay promptly end up paying more than those who pay late
+Quote Post
verdangilte
post Aug 26 2013, 12:59 PM

Regular

guys,...just wan to ask, the 20%discount is based on the amount i take from PTPTN or the final amount which means add together with the interest.

example,i take 48k loan...my discount is based on 48k or add on interest almost 60k thr ? in others words, the 20% discount just let us save for the interest right ?
+Quote Post
TieL
post Aug 26 2013, 07:03 PM

QUOTE(verdangilte @ Aug 26 2013, 12:59 PM)
guys,...just wan to ask, the 20%discount is based on the amount i take from PTPTN or the final amount which means add together with the interest.

example,i take 48k loan...my discount is based on 48k or add on interest almost 60k thr ? in others words, the 20% discount just let us save for the interest right ?
i did full settlement and enjoyed the 20% discount couple months ago.

here how i did it

1. Find out which officer in charge of my loan from http://eform.ptptn.gov.my/ptj/semakan-ptj.cfm
2. Email to the officer in charge, stating that you damn serious want to fully settle your outstanding loan in one shot by <a specific date (no later than 31 Sept 2013)> , to enjoy the 20% discount. And asking them provide you a confirmation letter (in PDF, subject is "PENGESAHAN JUMLAH PEMBIAYAAN PINJAMAN PENDIDIKAN
PERBADANAN TABUNG PENDIDIKAN TINGGI NASIONAL")
3. they reply you in email with the above letter attached (they replied me the next business day).
4. you prepare a bank draft with the amount they mentioned, and proceed to PTPTN counter (i went the MOH in Putrajaya ) and make the payment.
5. in one or two business day, (for my case, the next day) you will received an attached PDF of "SURAT PELEPASAN HUTANG‏"

smile.gif

the interest for total amount of settlement, is based on the interest till the date you make full settlement.
for example, you loan 48k, and you plan to make full settlement by 31 sept 2013, and assume that the total interest
till 31 sept 2013 is 2k, then your outstanding loan amount is 50k, if for your case don't have any "Kos Insuran/Tindakan Mahkamah" incurred.
and for full settlement, since settle before 31 sept 2013 got 20% discount :
total outstanding: 50k, minus 20% discount which is 10k, you need to prepare one bank draft with amount of 40k

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
verdangilte
post Aug 26 2013, 07:09 PM

Regular

QUOTE(TieL @ Aug 26 2013, 07:03 PM)
i did full settlement and enjoyed the 20% discount couple months ago.

here how i did it

1. Find out which officer in charge of my loan from http://eform.ptptn.gov.my/ptj/semakan-ptj.cfm
2. Email to the officer in charge, stating that you damn serious want to fully settle your outstanding loan in one shot by <a specific date (no later than 31 Sept 2013)> , to enjoy the 20% discount. And asking them provide you a confirmation letter (in PDF, subject is "PENGESAHAN JUMLAH PEMBIAYAAN PINJAMAN PENDIDIKAN
PERBADANAN TABUNG PENDIDIKAN TINGGI NASIONAL")
3. they reply you in email with the above letter attached (they replied me the next business day).
4. you prepare a bank draft with the amount they mentioned, and proceed to PTPTN counter (i went the MOH in Putrajaya ) and make the payment.
5. in one or two business day, (for my case, the next day) you will received an attached PDF of "SURAT PELEPASAN HUTANG‏"

smile.gif

the interest for total amount of settlement, is based on the interest till the date you make full settlement.
for example, you loan 48k, and you plan to make full settlement by 31 sept 2013, and assume that the total interest
till 31 sept 2013 is 2k, then your outstanding loan amount is 50k, if for your case don't have any "Kos Insuran/Tindakan Mahkamah" incurred.
and for full settlement, since settle before 31 sept 2013 got 20% discount :
total outstanding: 50k, minus 20% discount which is 10k, you need to prepare one bank draft with amount of 40k

tongue.gif
which means...we need ask the officer first ??
+Quote Post
TieL
post Aug 26 2013, 07:31 PM

QUOTE(verdangilte @ Aug 26 2013, 07:09 PM)
which means...we need ask the officer first ??
the idea is , get a confirmation letter stating the total full settlement amount by the said date.
i am not easy to hand out a lump sum without black and white and then end up the payment missed a single cent and they come after you for the 20% that you thought you entitled.
+Quote Post
verdangilte
post Aug 26 2013, 07:40 PM

Regular

QUOTE(TieL @ Aug 26 2013, 07:31 PM)
the idea is , get a confirmation letter stating the total full settlement amount by the said date.
i am not easy to hand out a lump sum without black and white and then end up the payment missed a single cent and they come after you for the 20% that you thought you entitled.
that true...today i did call to customer hotline...2 ppl said about 2 words..
one told me that is 60K and discount 20% from thr..which is 12k...means i paid the basic 48k
another one told me is straight 48k discount 20% which is 9.6k and i just need paid around 39k...see...10k diff
+Quote Post
TieL
post Aug 26 2013, 07:52 PM

QUOTE(verdangilte @ Aug 26 2013, 07:40 PM)
that true...today i did call to customer hotline...2 ppl said about 2 words..
one told me that is 60K and discount 20% from thr..which is 12k...means i paid the basic 48k
another one told me is straight 48k discount 20% which is 9.6k and i just need paid around 39k...see...10k diff
wow, what a saga biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
verdangilte
post Aug 26 2013, 07:57 PM

Regular

QUOTE(TieL @ Aug 26 2013, 07:52 PM)
wow, what a saga  biggrin.gif
that why i come here to ask... icon_question.gif
+Quote Post
kingseow
post Sep 13 2013, 08:43 PM

Getting Started

i got this letter after i settle the lum sum payment , but problem is inside my ptppn account(online) there are still 20% money there.. anyone have a similar issue ?
user posted image
+Quote Post
lowlowc
post Sep 20 2013, 11:42 PM

Getting Started

deleted

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Sep 21 2013, 04:16 PM
+Quote Post
monster5105
post Oct 16 2013, 11:26 PM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(kingseow @ Sep 13 2013, 08:43 PM)
i got this letter after i settle the lum sum payment , but problem is inside my ptppn account(online) there are still 20% money there.. anyone have a similar issue ?
user posted image
Yes, I also face the same issue, I settled one of my loan (I have 2 load, one for Diploma, 1 for Adv Diploma) last month (Sept), I settle Diploma loan, and I get the "Surat Pelepasan", This month I check ptptn website, my loan still there, and it totally din't get the 20% discount, it just like normal payback... mad.gif
+Quote Post
Cattitude
post Oct 17 2013, 02:50 PM

Ini kucing, many kuda.

What should we do in order to get the 20% discount?
+Quote Post
alien9
post Oct 17 2013, 02:54 PM

These stars mean nothing

QUOTE(Cattitude @ Oct 17 2013, 02:50 PM)
You need to watch and read news because it's already over on end of last month.
+Quote Post
edge85
post Oct 18 2013, 01:04 AM

Regular

QUOTE(Cattitude @ Oct 17 2013, 02:50 PM)
it's too late. offer expired already.

i'm happy i've finished paying mine. totally worth it!
+Quote Post
Cattitude
post Oct 18 2013, 09:42 AM

Ini kucing, many kuda.

QUOTE(alien9 @ Oct 17 2013, 02:54 PM)
You need to watch and read news because it's already over on end of last month.
alright. sad.gif

QUOTE(edge85 @ Oct 18 2013, 01:04 AM)
it's too late. offer expired already.

i'm happy i've finished paying mine. totally worth it!
How much have you saved? sad.gif
+Quote Post
Human Nature
post Oct 25 2013, 02:03 PM

- student of human nature -

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3006740

Anyone else received their discount? I just checked with my cousin that his 10% discount is not reflected yet despite paying consistently through potongan majikan. Any idea?
+Quote Post
Kelv
post Oct 29 2013, 10:38 AM

Just a lil' bit

QUOTE(kingseow @ Sep 13 2013, 08:43 PM)
user posted image
QUOTE(monster5105 @ Oct 16 2013, 11:26 PM)
Yes, I also face the same issue, I settled one of my loan (I have 2 load, one for Diploma, 1 for Adv Diploma) last month (Sept), I settle Diploma loan, and I get the "Surat Pelepasan", This month I check ptptn website, my loan still there, and it totally din't get the 20% discount, it just like normal payback... mad.gif
Same problem mad.gif You guys manage to settle with them?
+Quote Post
mycolumn
post Oct 29 2013, 12:20 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Oct 25 2013, 02:03 PM)

Anyone else received their discount? I just checked with my cousin that his 10% discount is not reflected yet despite paying consistently through potongan majikan. Any idea?
PTPTN janji dicapati liao?

+Quote Post
Human Nature
post Oct 29 2013, 12:26 PM

QUOTE(mycolumn @ Oct 29 2013, 12:20 PM)
PTPTN janji dicapati liao?
no idea. i have asked my cousin to call up the officer and ask. i dont know what is the outcome yet
+Quote Post
Messune
post Oct 29 2013, 12:26 PM

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Oct 25 2013, 02:03 PM)

Better contact ptptn directly, sometimes they dont update, need to "nudge, nudge" a bit...
http://icare.ptptn.gov.my/

+Quote Post
Human Nature
post Oct 29 2013, 01:14 PM

QUOTE(Messune @ Oct 29 2013, 12:26 PM)
Better contact ptptn directly, sometimes they dont update, need to "nudge, nudge" a bit...
http://icare.ptptn.gov.my/
are you among those affected too?
+Quote Post
Messune
post Oct 29 2013, 09:41 PM

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Oct 29 2013, 01:14 PM)
are you among those affected too?
No, i made lump sum payment but some of my friends did not see the 10% rebate reflected in their account with regular payments. Sometimes it's just a matter of them being slow to update, but better if you contact them right away.
+Quote Post
Human Nature
post Oct 29 2013, 09:59 PM

QUOTE(Messune @ Oct 29 2013, 09:41 PM)
No, i made lump sum payment but some of my friends did not see the 10% rebate reflected in their account with regular payments. Sometimes it's just a matter of them being slow to update, but better if you contact them right away.
Will do, thank you again for the reply
+Quote Post
Messune
post Oct 30 2013, 12:02 AM

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Oct 29 2013, 09:59 PM)
Will do, thank you again for the reply
You're most welcome smile.gif
+Quote Post
ikhwanz91
post Oct 30 2013, 02:35 AM

sabar nak cari ilmu lagi ni nanti bayar la...
+Quote Post
Human Nature
post Nov 1 2013, 10:58 AM

Just to share, my cousin said that the 10% discount has been reflected smile.gif
+Quote Post
mycolumn
post Nov 1 2013, 11:33 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Nov 1 2013, 10:58 AM)
Just to share, my cousin said that the 10% discount has been reflected smile.gif
nice. i will check mine too. smile.gif
+Quote Post
jimmyktp
post Nov 11 2013, 02:46 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Nov 1 2013, 10:58 AM)
good for your cousin.. mine still havent credited yet..
+Quote Post
alvin8866
post Nov 15 2013, 08:57 AM

Casual

I would like to fully repay PTPTN. May I know how much discount I get?

Loan amount: RM 24,000

Thank you.
+Quote Post
Azurika
post Nov 15 2013, 09:53 AM

Power to Leverage

QUOTE(alvin8866 @ Nov 15 2013, 08:57 AM)
I would like to fully repay PTPTN. May I know how much discount I get?

Loan amount: RM 24,000

Thank you.
currently is at 10%.
Call in and get the quotation from them. Every month delay the amount is slightly different due to interest charged.
+Quote Post
alvin8866
post Nov 15 2013, 10:02 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Azurika @ Nov 15 2013, 09:53 AM)
currently is at 10%.
Call in and get the quotation from them. Every month delay the amount is slightly different due to interest charged.
Thank you
+Quote Post
rose6580
post Feb 7 2014, 08:48 AM

i regretted not settling when they offerred 20% discount in 2013..........sigh
+Quote Post
MaGNiFiCo
post Feb 7 2014, 09:24 AM

weeeeeeeeeeeee

its okay. wait for next year budget tongue.gif
+Quote Post
cute_miao
post Feb 7 2014, 03:39 PM

I lay my love on you

ptptn diskaun ada lagi meh?
+Quote Post
yikyeou
post Feb 26 2014, 03:13 AM

Game Console Enthusiast

Hi people, I wonder if anybody can help me with this? I've missed my first month payment as I've received the statement late. How can I get the 10% discount for now?
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

> Find Us on Facebook

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1831sec    0.87    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 07:44 AM