Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Life Sciences The PHARMACY Thread v2

views

limeuu
post Feb 12 2018, 08:53 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,924 posts

QUOTE(Anthonian @ Feb 12 2018, 08:04 PM)
Seems like you are running out of facts.Can save your comments if you cannot prove it.
Ok, if you say so....go ahead and apply to Oz.... prove to yourself...lol

My 3 relatives who applied before must be wrong....
Kheen C H
post Mar 2 2018, 11:42 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(zstan @ Feb 11 2018, 01:26 PM)
Penang hospital definitely. Not too sure about seberang jaya. You can always google their respective websites to know their specialties and facilities available.
Ahh thanks for replying biggrin.gif

One last question: any PRP/FRP who is non-KL/selangor people but working in KL or selangor area here?

Just wanna check is there anyone left their kampung to work in big cities even though it’s working in government settings. confused.gif

I know this question might sound silly and waste of time but if anyone with similar experience willing to share their stories with me who is in dilemma to stay or to leave the kampung, I’m truly grateful. Can tell your feelings, thoughts etc etc

Thank youuuuuuu.
TSzstan
post Mar 3 2018, 11:46 AM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

QUOTE(Kheen C H @ Mar 2 2018, 11:42 PM)
Ahh thanks for replying  biggrin.gif

One last question: any PRP/FRP who is non-KL/selangor people but working in KL or selangor area here?

Just wanna check is there anyone left their kampung to work in big cities even though it’s working in government settings.  :confused:

I know this question might sound silly and waste of time but if anyone with similar experience willing to share their stories with me who is in dilemma to stay or to leave the kampung, I’m truly grateful. Can tell your feelings, thoughts etc etc

Thank youuuuuuu.
I left my kampung in Selangor to work in johor and now in east malaysia. Does that count? Lol
limeuu
post Mar 4 2018, 03:02 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,924 posts

From one kampung to another don't count..lol
cckkpr
post Mar 5 2018, 09:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,405 posts

QUOTE(zstan @ Mar 3 2018, 11:46 AM)
I left my kampung in Selangor to work in johor and now in east malaysia. Does that count? Lol
You choose East Malaysia?

Looks like my relative will also be posted to East Malaysia at the end of his 6th posting in a few months. Apparently many of the last 2 batches were posted to East Malaysia.

TSzstan
post Mar 5 2018, 12:56 PM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

QUOTE(cckkpr @ Mar 5 2018, 09:22 AM)
You choose East Malaysia?

Looks like my relative will also be posted to East Malaysia at the end of his 6th posting in a few months. Apparently many of the last 2 batches were posted to East Malaysia.
nope. got thrown there.
gc68
post Mar 16 2018, 03:06 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

Hi

I have been reviewing the list of universities in the UK and Ireland that offer courses in Pharmacy. [ Yes I am aware that Monash offers it in Malaysia too ]

Queen's University of Belfast in Ireland seems to come in quite high in the list. But when I search this forum the university name didn't come up at all.

I'd like to ask - what's the university's reputation in Malaysia?

Is there anyone here who has graduated from Queen's in this forum ? Appreciate your thoughts and comments.
TSzstan
post Mar 16 2018, 03:38 PM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

QUOTE(gc68 @ Mar 16 2018, 03:06 PM)
Hi

I have been reviewing the list of universities in the UK and Ireland that offer courses in Pharmacy.  [ Yes I am aware that Monash offers it in Malaysia too ]

Queen's University of Belfast in Ireland seems to come in quite high in the list.  But when I search this forum the university name didn't come up at all.

I'd like to ask - what's the university's reputation in Malaysia?

Is there anyone here who has graduated from Queen's in this forum ? Appreciate your thoughts and comments.
Never heard of it. JPA also hardly send scholars to Ireland for pharmacy. Mostly England.
jasonyin
post Apr 2 2018, 11:49 AM

1 posts

Hi everyone,

Good morning.

I am actually not a pharmacist but my girlfriend is. I am actually trying to help her regarding her FRP position. She has recently finish her PRP in Hospital Serdang (government contract) and was placed in Banting, which is actually quite far away. Any kind soul has any way to actually change her placement somewhere nearer to the city? She was told that she will get a fine of RM50,000 if she break any contract, such as quitting her job. Anyways, she is not going to continue being a pharmacist in the future and start her own business. However, she wants to finish her FRP first. I think it's not fair in the first place for putting her so far away in such a short notice.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Regards,
Jason
veron4best
post Apr 2 2018, 12:52 PM

Regular
1,146 posts

QUOTE(jasonyin @ Apr 2 2018, 11:49 AM)
Hi everyone,

Good morning.

I am actually not a pharmacist but my girlfriend is. I am actually trying to help her regarding her FRP position. She has recently finish her PRP in Hospital Serdang (government contract) and was placed in Banting, which is actually quite far away. Any kind soul has any way to actually change her placement somewhere nearer to the city? She was told that she will get a fine of RM50,000 if she break any contract, such as quitting her job. Anyways, she is not going to continue being a pharmacist in the future and start her own business. However, she wants to finish her FRP first. I think it's not fair in the first place for putting her so far away in such a short notice.

Regards,
Jason
Far is being places to Sabah/Sarawak.

blink.gif

TSzstan
post Apr 2 2018, 02:07 PM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

Hi everyone,

Good morning.

Regards,
Jason
Serdang and Banting is far? LOL. Kids these days.
veron4best
post Apr 9 2018, 01:25 PM

Regular
1,146 posts

Hi everyone,

Good morning.

Regards,
Jason
also, if she not going to continue as a pharmacist. why take all the trouble started with PRP!

wasting all the quota and resources for those who really wish to be clinician in hospital!
bryancwj_
post Apr 17 2018, 10:46 PM

1 posts

Hi guys, I'm currently 19 years old and thinking of pursuing pharmacy. I have an interest in medicine but don't want to be a doctor due to the time, cost and etec. So pharmacy is my best option.

I wanna know what is the job prospect like for pharmacy graduates in the future as i heard from many of my family and friends telling me that pharmacy is over saturated and you cant get a job and that the wait is really long to get the PRP, is this all true? if so will the situation likely be improved by the time i graduate? And is it too late to start at 20? ill be starting my first year at 20 in IMU if i finish my foundation in science next year.

And for anyone who's a pharmacist, what's it really like working as one? stressful? satisfying? smile.gif
TSzstan
post Apr 17 2018, 10:55 PM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

QUOTE(bryancwj_ @ Apr 17 2018, 10:46 PM)
Hi guys, I'm currently 19 years old and thinking of pursuing pharmacy. I have an interest in medicine but don't want to be a doctor due to the time, cost and etec. So pharmacy is my best option.

I wanna know what is the job prospect like for pharmacy graduates in the future as i heard from many of my family and friends telling me that pharmacy is over saturated and you cant get a job and that the wait is really long to get the PRP, is this all true? if so will the situation likely be improved by the time i graduate? And is it too late to start at 20? ill be starting my first year at 20 in IMU if i finish my foundation in science next year.

And for anyone who's a pharmacist, what's it really like working as one? stressful? satisfying? smile.gif
have you read page 1?
veron4best
post Apr 19 2018, 02:09 PM

Regular
1,146 posts

QUOTE(zstan @ Apr 17 2018, 10:55 PM)
have you read page 1?
starting pay for PRP nowadays is about 2k.

U may consider update it on first page

Tq
TSzstan
post Apr 19 2018, 02:12 PM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

QUOTE(veron4best @ Apr 19 2018, 02:09 PM)
starting pay for PRP nowadays is about 2k.

U may consider update it on first page

Tq
Which company is offering 2k?
veron4best
post Apr 19 2018, 03:04 PM

Regular
1,146 posts

QUOTE(zstan @ Apr 19 2018, 02:12 PM)
Which company is offering 2k?
PRP in retail pharmacy.

most of the company offering 2k-ish like that. (Klang Valley)
limeuu
post Apr 20 2018, 02:54 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,924 posts

too many graduates, so private pharmacies using prps as cheap labour...

there is even a proposal now to "charge" doctors to do housemanship...
zeng
post Apr 21 2018, 09:59 AM

Regular
1,760 posts

QUOTE(veron4best @ Apr 19 2018, 03:04 PM)
PRP in retail pharmacy.

most of the company offering 2k-ish like that. (Klang Valley)
I suppose your data point can't be wrong.
ethan99
post May 3 2018, 12:08 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

I have a unit in - The Link 2 Residences available for rent. New service apartment, shoplot, Starbucks, 7-eleven, dental clinic and foods stock opening soon ...

- 2 bedrooms
- 1 large bathroom
- semi furnished
- 2 air cond
- 1 water heater
- dry & wet kitchen cabinet
- grille front door and yard
- 4 fans
- 14 LED lighting

Pls contact me 0122553340
3 minute drive from IMU and 5 minute drive to Apu

51 Pages « < 47 48 49 50 51 >Top