- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,131 posts

from vios vs almera becomes purely vios thread now biggrin.gif
kadajawi
post Sep 17 2012, 01:56 PM

On my way
544 posts

Stronger but lighter metals are more expensive. When Toyota won't use easy to market safety features like plenty of airbags to make the car safer, do you really think they'd use expensive metals? And don't market it? No way.

The Vios was tested long ago, and in Euro spec. More safety features (7 vs 2 airbags).

Saga was tested (ANCAP, similar to Euro NCAP), it received 3 stars. I think the ASEAN Vios would do similarly, maybe a bit better.
http://www.ancap.com.au/crashtestrecord?Id=382

In terms of pricing it would be fairer to test the Preve against the Vios, and I think the Preve could be better. Especially the CFE.

@jepakazoid_82: Yes, AFAIK that is true, it also applies to all the other manufacturers. I don't think they are allowed to sell B segment sedans for less than 70k. However it is up to the manufacturer to make up for that with specs (to a certain degree, basically I don't think they are allowed to seriously endanger P1/P2 sales). That is why the Fiesta is so much better spec'ed than the Vios. Although who knows, if the Fiesta will sell better, the government will revise their decision.
dares
post Sep 17 2012, 01:57 PM

Enthusiast
827 posts

QUOTE(red-supra @ Sep 17 2012, 01:09 PM)
vios comes with 5 star euro ncap, if saga sent to test for euro ncap, i wonder how many stars will it gain
http://www.euroncap.com/tests/toyota_yaris_2005/246.aspx
havent u heard of stronger but lighter metals?
Lol, you think the ASEAN Vios sent to test will gain 5-stars ?? The Europe Yaris is worlds away in terms of safety compared to the Yaris/Vios in Malaysia.

Lack of ESC automatically disqualifies it for a 5 star rating. 2 airbags, hmmm....you do the math. Furthermore, the previous Vios J with one airbag dunno can get how many stars.

Added on September 17, 2012, 1:59 pm
QUOTE(jepakazoid_82 @ Sep 17 2012, 01:39 PM)
I read somewhere that usually when toyota and honda want to introduce new models, the price must be approved by the government. It cannot be too low otherwise it will kill Proton. Don't know if this is true though. Maybe that is another reason why vios J is around 73K.
It is true.

However, you look at Fiesta LX which is priced lower but better equipped. So I wonder what is Toyota's excuse.

Added on September 17, 2012, 2:05 pm
QUOTE(kadajawi @ Sep 17 2012, 12:20 PM)
@1.4 LX vs 1.6 Sport: What the ....? And... the 1.4 is the bargain of the century then. Go buy it people.
I would buy it, if it was not manual only doh.gif WTF Ford doh.gif doh.gif

This post has been edited by dares: Sep 17 2012, 02:05 PM
fr0sti3
post Sep 17 2012, 09:56 PM

F0NZz1e
1,095 posts

just saw almera, 1 thing it'll be better than vios.
interior & boot space, man it's really huge
bennedict82
post Sep 17 2012, 10:37 PM

Regular
1,816 posts

I just saw Almera. The feel is just like VIOS, ringan and kosong. Nothing special except it has push button.

You may consider other Sedan like Preve / Inspira / Forte if you dont mind about fuel consumption. I heard Forte got discount up to 4k (end up 82k only). Maybe in KL. Worth to get.

kadajawi
post Sep 17 2012, 10:46 PM

On my way
544 posts

Try driving a manual conti. It's not at all like manual japs. At least those japs/semi japs I have tried had horrible manual gearboxes (exception being the GT86, but I didn't drive it, just sat inside. Gearbox seemed rather crisp... a bit like a Golf, Focus, Corsa, Touran, ...). With these fun killers from Japan I would prefer auto too... biggrin.gif

Think the 1.4 should be nice to drive, fun. Just don't try to use it for drag racing.
Dohc
post Jan 26 2013, 09:53 AM

Getting Started
69 posts

more review plzz rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif
raywong81
post Jan 26 2013, 11:24 AM

32 posts

I drove both car. Vios - Dad's and Almera - Mine.
Vios- Better acceleration, build is more solid. Seats are more comfortable, overall quality i think is better.

Almera - Quieter, bigger interior and boot space, engine smoother, push start button, can show "fuel consumption" details, cheaper than Vios, more cups holder... doh.gif

Tie - Handling, both cars are sometimes quite hard to steer,

Fuel Consumption - cant really compare yet, my car less than 500Km...
Ai609
post Jan 26 2013, 06:25 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(red-supra @ Sep 16 2012, 11:42 PM)
overpriced? blame the government, not the manufacturer
Ford oso got taxed, korean cars oso got taxed.. But with better spec n features they can sell cheàper than umw toyota vios..

Then who to blame???
JonSpark
post Jan 27 2013, 01:55 AM

ai shiteru
4,825 posts

i once thought latio is the worst looking b-segment, until the almera came.......

i rather drive a dugong if force to choose
darren_yuri
post Feb 19 2013, 02:06 AM

Casual
313 posts

I don't know ..

My mom is driving one Almera and i am driving 2007 Toyota Belta.

What i love Almera is the air-conditioning is very cold, but the seats is like "meh" compared to Belta.

I like Belta's design compare to Almera, and i don't carry a lot of people most of the time, so Belta is kinda fine for me.

Almera's workmanship is kinda sucks, maybe because it is made in Malaysia, the Almera quality is kinda rough. Which i already dislikes this car.

Belta's acceleration is powerful compare to Almera, i used to test these cars during my way back to home, which pass through a slope. Almera doesn't seems powerful than Belta, and even a new Proton Saga.

Almera has 4 speakers, located at 4 car doors. Belta have 6 speakers, 4 located at 2 front doors and another 2 speakers at the rear windscreen. Almera's sound quality is just "meh" , but Belta's sound quality is the best, i guess it is SRS system.

Almera has a touch screen Navi+FM/AM+Bluetooth+USB+DVD+rear parking camera+iPod support. It does provided a cable designed for iPod.

Since i already ride and drive both of these cars, that is my review.

Conclusion, buy Toyota Belta. Unless you love to carry a lot of people, then Almera is suitable.

[[UPDATES : TOYOTA BELTA IN MALAYSIA IS CALLED AS TOYOTA VIOS ]]

This post has been edited by darren_yuri: Feb 19 2013, 02:06 AM
car maniac
post Jun 8 2014, 01:30 AM

10 posts

Is it true that almera only has 3 cyilinders ????
imran
post Jun 8 2014, 01:58 AM

Casual
312 posts

vote for vios smile.gif
SUSMatrix
post Jun 8 2014, 01:03 PM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(JonSpark @ Jan 27 2013, 01:55 AM)
i once thought latio is the worst looking b-segment, until the almera came.......

i rather drive a dugong if force to choose
In terms of looks, the new godcar is quite respectable. Almera has took the throne as the new Dugong.
Anyway, not muxh difference between bith cars in terms of performance, specs and fc. The only difference is Toyo6a better RV. So yeah...if I have to choose between the two, I will take a Vios. Both are just point A to B car. Nothing to get excited about. You will probably want to sell it in a few years time for something better.

Nissan just cant stop making fugly cars...at least with Vios...people wont try to stare at the driver wondering who bought such a "masterpiece" work of a car. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Matrix: Jun 8 2014, 01:07 PM
SUSMatrix
post Jun 8 2014, 01:04 PM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(car maniac @ Jun 8 2014, 01:30 AM)
Is it true that almera only has 3 cyilinders ????
Check nissan website lah..its all there.
bananadriver
post Jun 8 2014, 01:33 PM

0 posts

pls dont bump primitive threads. read the forum rules. thank you

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:18 AM