Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travelling with baby, What to prepare and look out for?

views

TSmerchant9
post Sep 4 2012, 12:40 AM, updated 12y ago

On my way
628 posts

Hi all, I am just wondering if any of you have brought your babies out for family trips? We are planning a family trip (about 20 people) to Cameron Highland in the near future for one night only. Calculated around that time, my newborn will be around 3 months old. I am worried the weather may be too harsh for him, especially at night.

Can anyone share their experience?
TSmerchant9
post Sep 4 2012, 12:54 AM

On my way
628 posts

QUOTE(ricstc @ Sep 4 2012, 12:47 AM)
I have two kids and as my work requires both my wife and I to travel by car within Malaysia a lot, we have been through all kinds of experience - on and off road - away from home - from breast feeding them in the car to sleeping at awkward places.

All fine. Just make sure that you and your kid has sufficient clothing if it is cold and enough sunlight (yes sunlight 15-20mins) at appropriate times during the day. You and baby needs that the most.

Take it easy and enjoy the bonding and all will be fine.
So, you are saying nothing to worry about even if the baby is only 3 months old?
TSmerchant9
post Sep 4 2012, 10:01 AM

On my way
628 posts

QUOTE(celicaizpower @ Sep 4 2012, 12:57 AM)
Hi There,

I went to cameron highlands recently and it get quite cold there at nights.

I would suggest you prepare medium level clothing for your 3 months old baby. further to that you can always close the window to keep warm.

Do monitor you baby body temperature so that neither your baby will either get too warm or too cold.

Aside from that do get an apartment with hot shower as it will be nicer during the morning.

btw, you can also buy clothing there at the night market or shops around that area.

ear muffs or cap are recommended if your baby tends to get cold ears.

Hope this helps.
Hi there, thanks for your suggestions! Yes, I totally forgotten about ear muffs and caps. We will definitely bring some of those. It's only for one night so packing will be light, overlooked but thanks for reminding.

QUOTE(ricstc @ Sep 4 2012, 12:58 AM)
Baby is a bit young but if my kids - boy and girl - both premature birth and both born at much lighter weigh than normal (2.xkg) could make it then Im just sharing from my experience.

If you are questioning my sharing - then DONT. Why listen to me and why ask the question if you want to doubt.

Fxxking ungrateful. Give advice also get this kind of fxxking respond. How sam mow how pow
Hi, what you mean this kind of fxxking respond? I think you misunderstood. I am not questioning your sharing, I just needed more suggestions. Any suggestions are welcome. "How sam yau how pow" - do not give up on humanity. Cheers! smile.gif

QUOTE(gkl83 @ Sep 4 2012, 09:07 AM)
for my family side preferably NO...

1. baby may no able to sleep well while traveling, baby must have more rest and sleep for proper growth...
2. 3 months old baby still quite "fragile", anything can happen even though camp at house...
3. baby need required "sarong" to sleep easily which your baby comfortable with, otherwise it is a nightmare if baby no willing to sleep on flat mattress and it is torturing the baby if keep awake...
4. you may need Plastic Baby Bath Tube for safety reason when taking bath for baby...

AMO, better play safe for short rather than regret for long... maybe you can bring ur baby go to genting highland for a try first before cameron highland, at least genting have proper medical facilities and genting ambulance can "drift" till general hospital KL / universiti hospital PJ if worst case happened... smile.gif
We are only going for 1 night. It's a big group trip about 20 family members from grandparents to grandchildren. It's hard to gather everyone these days so just wanna grab the opportunity. Moreover, grandparents getting old, so wanna spend some time building memories with them.

3 months can sleep sarong? I was told not to let them until 6 months old cause worry got backbone issues as sarong can be quite soft. I dont think I am going to shower him unless we can boil some hot water, mix it into a tub and let it cool off. Wipe him with a towel, that's probably about it.
TSmerchant9
post Sep 4 2012, 03:01 PM

On my way
628 posts

Medication, yes, that will be necessary!! smile.gif Thanks for the reminder!
TSmerchant9
post Sep 4 2012, 09:42 PM

On my way
628 posts

Yes, making more stops seems logical as we are driving upward to the highlands. I think the air pressure (make the ears go blocked) may affect them as well.

I dont know if he get sick much but then he has a little colic I believe. He cries from 11pm - 7am in the morning. I am kind of worry his face color might change so have to keep monitoring him overnight. It's quite sanfu sometimes but anyhow, just going to the dr tomorrow to confirm if everything is ok.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0133sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:56 PM