Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travelling with baby, What to prepare and look out for?

views

Daddy2be
post Oct 14 2019, 03:56 PM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(merchant9 @ Sep 4 2012, 12:40 AM)
Hi all, I am just wondering if any of you have brought your babies out for family trips? We are planning a family trip (about 20 people) to Cameron Highland in the near future for one night only. Calculated around that time, my newborn will be around 3 months old. I am worried the weather may be too harsh for him, especially at night.

Can anyone share their experience?
Are you first time parents ?

Will your wife and baby have their private space whereever you're staying ?

The difference in air pressure would cause discomfort that your baby doesn't know how to quell or understand and that may last an entire day. At 3 mth old your baby would still need to feed every 2-3 hours can your wife do this comfortably ? What's your wife opinion about this trip ?

From my own experience and opinion, at that age I didn't even bring them out of the house extended period of time. It was a period in time where we are trying to instill some form of routine for the baby. And I haven't even touch on the traveling needed to get to Cameron.

I'm guessing you're first time parent. So brave haha but I hope it turns out well if you decide to go
Daddy2be
post Oct 14 2019, 03:58 PM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(KohSin @ Oct 12 2012, 07:48 PM)
Use playpen to let baby sleep inside?

Hmm.....v planning to let her sleep with me neh...v will use pillows to build a small castle to avoid i accidentally slept on her...cuz my MIL very against buying baby bed for her, said waste money lah, no use lah, blah blah blah
Infant sharing a bed with anyone is the number 1 reason for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome especially the first 6 months. Don't just browse forum. Google and read up. Your own baby. Don't be afraid to stand up against anyone for his/her safety.
Daddy2be
post Oct 14 2019, 03:59 PM

Casual
459 posts

Holy shiet I just realize this is necro thread LOL

I wonder how everything went
Daddy2be
post Oct 14 2019, 10:18 PM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(KohSin @ Oct 14 2019, 09:55 PM)
😅 my gals at 6year old and close to 5yo d...end up for 2nd baby she slept on her own at a mattress put on the floor and i sleep with hubby on the bed while eldest  girl slept inside the baby cot...so when midnight i need to breastfeed i just roll over from my bed to bb
Great to know everything turned out well for you ! 2nd baby girl how old now ?
Daddy2be
post Oct 14 2019, 10:57 PM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(KohSin @ Oct 14 2019, 10:54 PM)
Close to 5year old ya
Wah the gap so close..how you survive during the first 24mths of your 2nd baby ? Got any tips ?
Daddy2be
post Oct 15 2019, 03:23 PM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(KohSin @ Oct 15 2019, 02:46 PM)
seriously it wasnt too difficult....as my eldest was close to 2 year old when i gv birth to my 2nd baby...so she can understand our commands and can express herself well...like pee and poo, she was already potty trained at that time, so no need to wear pampers. and yes, the gap was a bit close and i kena nurse in KK marah, said i didn't jaga my body...
You're supermom then !

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:29 PM