Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Photography Photography Contest - Maybank Photo Award, http://www.maybankphotoawards.com/

views

TSkry183
post Sep 3 2012, 05:39 PM, updated 12y ago

Getting Started
157 posts

Hi, to all lyn photographer, good news here~~
there is a online photography contest organized by Maybank with co-sponsor like Leica, Profoto and etc etc, is start from today (3-9-2012) till 31-10-2012.
Just get your best shot and upload to the contest page, maybe you are the winner who will grab the wonderful prizes!!! thumbup.gif
Prizes are very attractive and the judges also all professional~

and sorry for my poor english... sweat.gif

for more details, can visit the constest page at:
http://www.maybankphotoawards.com/

About the contest:
The Maybank Photography Awards is an initiative to establish a gold standard for photographic excellence. It is a collaborative effort between Maybank, Leica, Profoto and HP.

With the theme of "Being Human" the competition is looking to showcase the very values that make us what we are and who we are through the power of images. We believe images have the ability to spur on social development and cultural understanding, thus uniting us as a people.

The competition will run from 3 September – 31 October 2012. All submissions received within this period will be shortlisted for final judging and public voting. One (1) winner will be selected for each category and two (2) for People’s Choice Award. For more details please refer to the Entry Category and the Terms & Conditions.

Should there be any questions or comments about the Maybank Photography Awards, please write to: social@maybank.com.my

user posted image

This post has been edited by kry183: Sep 3 2012, 05:41 PM
ecm
post Sep 3 2012, 05:43 PM

33 posts

Thanks for the info!
smokey
post Sep 3 2012, 10:03 PM

Infinity speed
3,469 posts

thanks for the info
TSkry183
post Sep 6 2012, 12:24 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

First batch of photo have been shortlist by judges~
Just visit the gallery section and take a look.

Share and Vote function have been enabled, just share out your favorite photo on your Facebook or Twitter, vote for any photo you like to win the "People Choice Award"

This post has been edited by kry183: Sep 6 2012, 12:24 PM
adam_lss
post Sep 6 2012, 01:28 PM

7th heaven
Group Icon
Elite
4,495 posts

i dunno whether it is me alone but i do find the layout for the page a bit confusing doh.gif
TSkry183
post Sep 6 2012, 02:48 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(adam_lss @ Sep 6 2012, 01:28 PM)
i dunno whether it is me alone but i do find the layout for the page a bit confusing doh.gif
actually I also confuse at the beginning..... sweat.gif
adam_lss
post Sep 6 2012, 03:21 PM

7th heaven
Group Icon
Elite
4,495 posts

QUOTE(kry183 @ Sep 6 2012, 02:48 PM)
actually I also confuse at the beginning..... sweat.gif
when u mention 1st batch, how many more batches will be released before we can fully view whole set of selected pics for voting? if see 1st batch vote liao then u like the pics in the 2nd batch then how?
TSkry183
post Sep 6 2012, 03:38 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(adam_lss @ Sep 6 2012, 03:21 PM)
when u mention 1st batch, how many more batches will be released before we can fully view whole set of selected pics for voting? if see 1st batch vote liao then u like the pics in the 2nd batch then how?
Can't really say got how many batches coz is base on the quantity of submission, and the competition is on held until 30th October, so within this time everyone can register and upload photo.
After upload still need to shortlist by judges before show on gallery also, maybe shortlist will take one week to update or few day, base on their (judges) schedule.

The last and very and update whole gallery set for sure will after 30th Oct adi.
You still can like for the photo at 2nd batch, 3rd batch and coming xx batch, no conflict on it coz all is different photo.

hope my explanation could help la....sry poor english sweat.gif
adam_lss
post Sep 6 2012, 03:46 PM

7th heaven
Group Icon
Elite
4,495 posts

QUOTE(kry183 @ Sep 6 2012, 03:38 PM)
Can't really say got how many batches coz is base on the quantity of submission, and the competition is on held until 30th October, so within this time everyone can register and upload photo.
After upload still need to shortlist by judges before show on gallery also, maybe shortlist will take one week to update or few day, base on their (judges) schedule. 

The last and very and update whole gallery set for sure will after 30th Oct adi.
You still can like for the photo at 2nd batch, 3rd batch and coming xx batch, no conflict on it coz all is different photo.

hope my explanation could help la....sry poor english sweat.gif
that means if let's say under the same category, today upload once, i voted picture A, then 2 days later another batch for the same category come out, then i vote for Picture B, then 3 days later another batch come out, and i vote for Picture C?

like no logic like that la... i thought voting is only for THE 1 which u like the most?

no offence yeah, just curious with the voting system icon_rolleyes.gif
TSkry183
post Sep 6 2012, 04:27 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(adam_lss @ Sep 6 2012, 03:46 PM)
that means if let's say under the same category, today upload once, i voted picture A, then 2 days later another batch for the same category come out, then i vote for Picture B, then 3 days later another batch come out, and i vote for Picture C?

like no logic like that la... i thought voting is only for THE 1 which u like the most?

no offence yeah, just curious with the voting system icon_rolleyes.gif
Haha, ya~ You can vote ALL pictures show at gallery~
At last see which photo get the most vote then will win.
The voting system is just like those fackbook photo like contest, share your photo and call all your fren go vote for your photo~ tongue.gif
TSkry183
post Sep 11 2012, 11:50 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

Update:
Second batch of photo have been shortlist by judges
Visit the gallery and see maybe your photos are selected~

Remember to hare and vote the photo you like~
lomowaterproof
post Sep 12 2012, 02:05 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

nice, thanks for sharing, will participate.
ichals
post Sep 12 2012, 05:46 PM

32 posts

nice info! tqs
makaveli
post Oct 24 2013, 03:19 PM

Livin' la Vida Loca
1,484 posts

thanks for creating this thread .

my photog has been shortlisted . please visit

http://www.maybankphotoawards.com/index.ph...fb-00163e8217f7

Change to: