Meguairs, Is it overated?

views

Quazacolt
post Sep 5 2012, 04:14 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(empire23 @ Sep 5 2012, 03:59 PM)
As long as mai enjen tak mati I'm all good brah biggrin.gif
The Ford focus shouldn't have any issues with the Duratec. It's a very proven design with a lot of powerhouse mods for it. There's a reason why the BAC MONO uses a Duratec modified by Cossie. Here's to hoping the new version gets the Revoknuckle suspension.

My car's interiors generally match my workload. Too much work and I can't be bothered to keep it tidy. If very little work usually tip top.
well, who knows what kinda selection ill end up when i'm finally pulling the trigger. 1 year is a long time after all tongue.gif
Roman Catholic
post Jan 16 2019, 09:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Sep 2 2012, 02:46 AM)

if you buy from amazon direct, using shared shipping etc (lotsa service on LYN) you can get meguiar products MUCH CHEAPER

This thread is rather old but how do I find these (lotsa service on LYN) ?

TQVM

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Jan 16 2019, 09:04 PM
Quazacolt
post Jan 16 2019, 09:34 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jan 16 2019, 09:03 PM)
This thread is rather old but how do I find these (lotsa service on LYN) ?

TQVM
Search LYN garage sales bro
Roman Catholic
post Jan 16 2019, 09:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Jan 16 2019, 09:34 PM)
Search LYN garage sales bro
I hardly venture from the 1st page of Kopitiam or the The Fast & The Furious sections. But damn, just ventured to the Garage Sales section it's bloody huge ! Now it's goin to be a needle in the hay stack with this one. LOL 😂

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Jan 16 2019, 09:43 PM
Learjet35
post Jan 18 2019, 04:21 PM

500hp
1,925 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jan 16 2019, 09:43 PM)
I hardly venture from the 1st page of Kopitiam or the The Fast & The Furious sections. But damn, just ventured to the Garage Sales section it's bloody huge ! Now it's goin to be a needle in the hay stack with this one. LOL 😂
Did find out the services? I also want to join the Shipping haha
Roman Catholic
post Jan 18 2019, 09:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(Learjet35 @ Jan 18 2019, 04:21 PM)
Did find out the services? I also want to join the Shipping haha
Too many pages to scroll through. Haven't found them yet.

I've contacted a friend in Singapore about this 3rd party shipment facility however certain items listed under HAZMAT won't be allowed. I was like ???

Surely there must be away to ship such items otherwise how could such other items in the category be on sale over here ? There has to be a way to go around this issue and I reckon is via sea freight.

Anyway I am now filling up my wishlist of the items that I want from the US that cannot be found here and will see how that goes.
VeeJay
post Jan 19 2019, 12:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jan 18 2019, 09:41 PM)
Too many pages to scroll through. Haven't found them yet.

I've contacted a friend in Singapore about this 3rd party shipment facility however certain items listed under HAZMAT won't be allowed. I was like ???

Surely there must be away to ship such items otherwise how could such other items in the category be on sale over here ? There has to be a way to go around this issue and I reckon is via sea freight.

Anyway I am now filling up my wishlist of the items that I want from the US that cannot be found here and will see how that goes.
BTW, did you checked the pricing from lazada, and Meguiars do run sale from time to time. There was recently...real good pricing.

Recently I do see there was not much variance in terms of pricing.

As for any detailing questions, can be posted here

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f=20&t=3888490

andrekua2
post Jan 19 2019, 12:42 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,488 posts

I don't think too much about branding but more about what the product can deliver.

Tried Turtlewax rinse free, nxt and gold class, also outside RM10 car wash.

In terms of cleanliness, not much difference. Turtlewax is super friendly since you don't need to wipe but my hand damn itchy after every wash. NXT and Gold Class are a bit different from Turtlewax. You will feel like there's a coat on your car's paint and it helps with the next car wash as the dirt will stick on this coat instead of the paint itself. Gold class effect is better than NXT on this. As for those car wash centre, it's a bit too clean leaving the paint bare. It's like those dish washer liquid ads where you finger will produce squeaking sound when rub against the paint. It definitely feel harder to get the dirt off when trying to wash the car myself after sending them to car wash centre.

This post has been edited by andrekua2: Jan 19 2019, 12:44 PM
SUSFenix98
post Jan 20 2019, 01:51 PM

Happy Meal upsized Sir?
377 posts

Guys tumpang thread to ask how to remove the splattered bugs from bonnet and bumper ? Even tried polish didn’t come off.... only thing that did work was the magic melamine sponge but can see it causes scratches on the surface paint when I tried to use it.
Roman Catholic
post Jan 20 2019, 08:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(Fenix98 @ Jan 20 2019, 01:51 PM)
Guys tumpang thread to ask how to remove the splattered bugs from bonnet and bumper ? Even tried polish didn’t come off.... only thing that did work was the magic melamine sponge but can see it causes scratches on the surface paint when I tried to use it.
There are so many car care products for you to choose from. Have fun.

user posted image

rooney723
post Jan 20 2019, 09:31 PM

On my way
577 posts

i am not sure about meguiars, but i do have a turtle wax car wash at home, it did perform better than those cheaper car wash soaps outside, it looks more shiny and last longer than those cheap brands, so i guess meguiars and other more expensive brands is like dat too

but meguiars tyre wax is terrible la, even worse than those cheap brands
free2d
post Jan 23 2019, 05:36 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

How does Gold Class shampoo compare to NU Finish shampoo?

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0125sec    0.62    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:53 PM