Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Meguairs, Is it overated?

views

rocketeer_ace
post Sep 4 2012, 01:07 PM

19 posts

oh ok....
I though you were saying that meguiars wax product are 'contaminated wax'... shocking.gif

i agreed with you that before waxing, the surface should be prep first... (too bad, a lot of people doesn’t know about this, and mostly assumed that polishing & waxing are the same thing but in fact they are not sad.gif )

carcrazy
post Sep 4 2012, 01:16 PM

Getting Started
189 posts

best results for monthly maintenance
AIO(cleaner + wax/sealant) + pure wax/sealant
optional - claying

torreto
post Sep 4 2012, 02:45 PM

On my way
655 posts

What about swissvax products ? Is it any better compare to McGuairs ?

This post has been edited by torreto: Sep 4 2012, 02:46 PM
carcrazy
post Sep 4 2012, 02:52 PM

Getting Started
189 posts

u need a combo to attain good results
swissvax liquid cleaner(contains cleaner + glaze/polishing oil,RM120 small bottle) + swissvax wax RM300+ onwards
onyx(entry lv) oredy awesome..

if ur using it on white, light colored cars a bit wasted. excellent on dark colored cars

note: its a high concentration carnauba wax, so dun expect it to last long. u cant compare it to sealant. pro's - has natural shine as opposed to some other brands whic is 'kilat' but 'sterile' looking

empire23
post Sep 4 2012, 04:18 PM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

When I do wash my car every 6 months. I usually use Cap Ibu (Mother's), so far it does better Meguairs in my opinion.
rocketeer_ace
post Sep 4 2012, 04:31 PM

19 posts

you mean the car wash or the wax??? And by the way…. What are we ‘really’ comparing here? I'm kinda confused here.... rclxub.gif

from what I understand, TS's original question was asking about merguiar’s car wash right? tongue.gif

Quazacolt
post Sep 4 2012, 06:29 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(empire23 @ Sep 4 2012, 04:18 PM)
When I do wash my car every 6 months. I usually use Cap Ibu (Mother's), so far it does better Meguairs in my opinion.
i thought im the only lazy f***er around XD
rocketeer_ace
post Sep 4 2012, 06:39 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Sep 4 2012, 06:29 PM)
hahaha... rclxms.gif
empire23
post Sep 4 2012, 07:49 PM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Sep 4 2012, 06:29 PM)
I bought the car in January from Mitsu, first wash was in late July. That's how lazy I am. Plus my rims were all matte black from the HP pads I was using. Also the Enkeis are all pockmarked due my absurd need to travel over unsealed rods.

But I am religious about cleaning the engine bay, making sure there's no shit on the filter, keeping the ducts clear, cleaning off dust and keeping my intercooler free of obstructions biggrin.gif
Quazacolt
post Sep 4 2012, 08:18 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(empire23 @ Sep 4 2012, 07:49 PM)
I bought the car in January from Mitsu, first wash was in late July. That's how lazy I am. Plus my rims were all matte black from the HP pads I was using. Also the Enkeis are all pockmarked due my absurd need to travel over unsealed rods.

But I am religious about cleaning the engine bay, making sure there's no shit on the filter, keeping the ducts clear, cleaning off dust and keeping my intercooler free of obstructions biggrin.gif
lol my matt black rims are a lil rust colored because of the heavy dusting my brake pads give (rapid stop performance brake pads sad.gif )

usually i go car wash i also get the guy to pay extra attention on the rims as they are a b**** to wash (wash em myself a few times, back ache, gosh im getting old LOL!)

engine part, my simple iswara only need to care about the carb, just de-carbon it every 10-20k km XD
TSZaypher
post Sep 4 2012, 08:54 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(rocketeer_ace @ Sep 3 2012, 09:26 AM)
errr.... first of all, what are you comparing? The entire range of meguiars product or just the car shampoo???

If you’re just talking about the car shampoo…. It’s all the same. Car shampoo primary function was to clean dirt and grease from your paint job while protecting the surface from scratches as you washed the car. Don’t be fooled by those ‘Wash & Wax’ car shampoo…. They don’t actually ‘WAX’ your car. This type of car shampoo is specially formulated to clean those dirt and grease from your car’s paint job but at the same time ‘gentle’ enough not to remove your previous ‘wax’ job.

it is true that meguiar's product is expensive... but is it worth it? Well..., it depends on what are you comparing and how you look at it…
Oh sorry, didn't make it clear the first time biggrin.gif

Actually I am just referring to meguairs products as a whole la. Though I have yet to try their waxes / polish, I am quite disappointed with the NXT car wash la. So much hype and raving reviews over the net. But performs just like other shampoo half its price. With this, I don't think I wanna go for any meguairs products tongue.gif

Added on September 4, 2012, 8:56 pm
QUOTE(rocketeer_ace @ Sep 4 2012, 04:31 PM)
you mean the car wash or the wax??? And by the way…. What are we ‘really’ comparing here?  I'm kinda confused here....  rclxub.gif

from what I understand, TS's original question was asking about merguiar’s car wash right?  tongue.gif
doesn't matter la. no need to really spell out what we are comparing here. and don't need to be confused biggrin.gif

just for discussion sake.

This post has been edited by Zaypher: Sep 4 2012, 08:56 PM
TripleJ104
post Sep 5 2012, 12:28 AM

11 posts

About the nxt car shampoo i found that it compliment with nxt 2.0 wax. After wash my car i feel the wax is still there & not become too thin or worst gone. Other than that it just a normal expensive shampoo.
rocketeer_ace
post Sep 5 2012, 10:21 AM

19 posts

well... to be honest… no one can tell for sure whether does the meguiars car shampoo is it better than those normal/ordinary car shampoo like Kits & etc…
but one thing for sure… I find that meguiars car shampoo it is more concentrated when compare it other’s brand of shampoo… in other word, I only need to use about 1-2 caps full of the meguiars car shampoo to wash the entire car. Currently I’m using meguiars ultimate car wash and I bought it since March this year… until now I only managed to use half f it… (fyi, I wash my car every weekend and I have 2 cars) so more/less I’ve already washed both of my cars for 24 times already and I still have half of it. Yes… it is true that it is way more expensive when compare to other’s product but on the other hand… it can last longer before you need to buy another bottle of car shampoo (of course, it depends how much you use each time you wash your car). So it really depends on how you see it whether was it worth it or not?

Anyhow… this is just my opinion tongue.gif

carcrazy
post Sep 5 2012, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
189 posts

some premium brand shampoo has a mild cleaning properties hence longer lasting wax sealant.
some shampoo cleans the car very well but also quickly diminish ur wax sealant on ur ride

my fav combo for weekly maintenance
gold class shampoo + zaino z7 quik detailing spray = awesome results
sengasdf
post Sep 5 2012, 12:31 PM

Casual
487 posts

QUOTE(carcrazy @ Sep 4 2012, 01:16 PM)
best results for monthly maintenance
AIO(cleaner + wax/sealant) + pure wax/sealant
optional - claying
Any recommendation for these products especially cleaner? biggrin.gif
empire23
post Sep 5 2012, 12:32 PM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Sep 4 2012, 08:18 PM)
lol my matt black rims are a lil rust colored because of the heavy dusting my brake pads give (rapid stop performance brake pads sad.gif )

usually i go car wash i also get the guy to pay extra attention on the rims as they are a b**** to wash (wash em myself a few times, back ache, gosh im getting old  LOL!)

engine part, my simple iswara only need to care about the carb, just de-carbon it every 10-20k km XD
So when getting Ford Focus with PowerShift? brows.gif

QUOTE(rocketeer_ace @ Sep 5 2012, 10:21 AM)
well...  to be honest… no one can tell for sure whether does the meguiars car shampoo is it better than those normal/ordinary car shampoo like Kits & etc…
but one thing for sure… I find that meguiars car shampoo it is more concentrated when compare it other’s brand of shampoo…  in other word, I only need to use about 1-2 caps full of the meguiars car shampoo to wash the entire car. Currently I’m using meguiars ultimate car wash and I bought it since March this year… until now I only managed to use half f it… (fyi, I wash my car every weekend and I have 2 cars) so more/less I’ve already washed both of my cars for 24 times already and I still have half of it. Yes… it is true that it is way more expensive when compare to other’s product but on the other hand… it can last longer before you need to buy another bottle of car shampoo (of course, it depends how much you use each time you wash your car). So it really depends on how you see it whether was it worth it or not?

Anyhow… this is just my opinion tongue.gif
The fact you wash your car 24 times edi gives me heart attack.

But then again even if I bought a Ferrari I wouldn't wash it and it would be filled up with pie wrappers, empty mineral water bottles and uncle tobys wrappers. sweat.gif
rocketeer_ace
post Sep 5 2012, 12:57 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(empire23 @ Sep 5 2012, 12:32 PM)

But then again even if I bought a Ferrari I wouldn't wash it and it would be filled up with pie wrappers, empty mineral water bottles and uncle tobys wrappers.  sweat.gif
Well… if you’re a car lover and loved your car… you would want to keep it in tip-top condition (inside out), so this is what you would do… wink.gif
carcrazy
post Sep 5 2012, 01:04 PM

Getting Started
189 posts

QUOTE(sengasdf @ Sep 5 2012, 12:31 PM)
Any recommendation for these products especially cleaner?  biggrin.gif
u can try this, affordable, easy to buff n quite durable
AIO
Klasse AIO
Duragloss 501

Pure sealant or wax
Duragloss 105
Collinite

* u can also try
jeff werkstat products
optimum
poorboys world n etc...

Quazacolt
post Sep 5 2012, 03:31 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(empire23 @ Sep 5 2012, 12:32 PM)
So when getting Ford Focus with PowerShift? brows.gif

But then again even if I bought a Ferrari I wouldn't wash it and it would be filled up with pie wrappers, empty mineral water bottles and uncle tobys wrappers.  sweat.gif
1 more year on the nissan sentra, almost now.... almost!
(good time to evaluate the FoFo (lol this nickname given from the discussion thread) quality/durability/issues etc)
hopefully no facelifts too soon LOLZ (and me getting permanent position instead of shitty contractual hiring)

that said, surprisingly my car's interiors are kept pretty well cleaned, no rubbish around tongue.gif
empire23
post Sep 5 2012, 03:59 PM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

QUOTE(rocketeer_ace @ Sep 5 2012, 12:57 PM)
Well… if you’re a car lover and loved your car… you would want to keep it in tip-top condition (inside out), so this is what you would do… wink.gif
As long as mai enjen tak mati I'm all good brah biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Sep 5 2012, 03:31 PM)
1 more year on the nissan sentra, almost now.... almost!
(good time to evaluate the FoFo (lol this nickname given from the discussion thread) quality/durability/issues etc)
hopefully no facelifts too soon LOLZ  (and me getting permanent position instead of shitty contractual hiring)

that said, surprisingly my car's interiors are kept pretty well cleaned, no rubbish around tongue.gif
The Ford focus shouldn't have any issues with the Duratec. It's a very proven design with a lot of powerhouse mods for it. There's a reason why the BAC MONO uses a Duratec modified by Cossie. Here's to hoping the new version gets the Revoknuckle suspension.

My car's interiors generally match my workload. Too much work and I can't be bothered to keep it tidy. If very little work usually tip top.

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0196sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:11 AM