Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Sony Xperia V Official Thread, 4.3-inch, 13MP camera, water resistant

views

mode893
post Jan 19 2013, 10:40 PM

Enthusiast
812 posts

QUOTE(Norameen @ Jan 19 2013, 07:36 PM)
hahaha..times square..why ah like that..btw care to share the picture of your casing..how much price u bought it?
Damn expensive, simple back cover one RM25. Haggled but no use, the guy knows he's the only one selling it sweat.gif When I have the time I'll post the photo here.

QUOTE(capoi @ Jan 19 2013, 08:10 PM)
Now V owner increase from hour to hour. Can i know how much sony center sell this phone. Is it rm1599 or rm1499.
RM1599 at Sony Style. I wanted to use credit card for the one selling RM1499 at Sg Wang, but got 2.5% charge, better with Sony Style, at least I get Sony points.

My review from 24 solid hours with my new baby:

Battery

Can't really say now but like I said no surprises. I expected it to drain like crazy because I play with it all the time. It happens to everyone when they get their new toy. And even more so that the battery hasn't been conditioned. This is my 2nd charge cycle. Another 2-3 charge cycles the battery would be optimally conditioned for me to give a proper review. FYI 1 charge cycle= 1 x straight charge (power off), 1 x straight discharge (use phone until 0% battery with no charging in between)

Build

Very solid, feels premium in the hand, unlike the cheap, creaking back cover, plasticky feel of my Arc S. Comfortable to hold, just the right weight. Matte back, and I'm glad because they usually opt for cheap glossy plastic for white models. Not this time. Perfect.

Looks

Very pretty, however, looking straight at it at right angle, the're no telling if the model is black or white until you tilt it a bit. Looks nice anyway, kind of a little 'iPhone' ish even, but very clean lines and very well defined. However, once the display is on, the display looks a little disproportionate to the whole phone, perhaps it might look more proportionate if the display is a little higher. But that's just nitpicking, because it still looks super cool.

Camera

This phone flies where camera is concerned. I am a long time mobile imaging connoisseur, and the settings permutations I could play with is endless! Quality is much better than my Arc S, night photos are excellent. Day time photos are perfect. The HDR really works when strong backlight is present and makes the subject brighter. However, if you're not one who tinkers with the settings and would like to settle for the ol' point and shoot, then the Superior Auto feature will help you achieve the best perceived result in any condition. I have nothing to complain in this department except that I miss a dedicated shutter button. However, everything else seems in order. God willing I shall post some of my sample shots here when I have the time.

Music

My, my, my. All Xperia phones should have the ClearAudio+ feature. It's exactly what it is, clear audio. Nice and crisp, the phone stands in nicely as a dedicated Walkman device which makes me wonder- isn't it gonna kill their Walkman devices? But that's for them to worry about because I'm truly happy with the Walkman features. However, I have my own little audiophile equalizer setting that I think sounds better than ClearAudio+. Never thought that would be possible, and just when I thought things couldn't get any better, there's even 2 custom preset settings that we can save! This is a feature I've been wanting since forever. I don't think any other Walkman has this because it was reserved for dedicated Walkman devices. Not anymore!

So far I'm really happy and the things I reviewed are the things that matter to me the most. Feel free to post any other questions should you have any...

This post has been edited by mode893: Jan 19 2013, 10:43 PM
Fries
post Jan 19 2013, 10:54 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(mode893 @ Jan 19 2013, 10:40 PM)
Damn expensive, simple back cover one RM25. Haggled but no use, the guy knows he's the only one selling it  sweat.gif When I have the time I'll post the photo here.
RM1599 at Sony Style. I wanted to use credit card for the one selling RM1499 at Sg Wang, but got 2.5% charge, better with Sony Style, at least I get Sony points.
My review from 24 solid hours with my new baby:

Battery

Can't really say now but like I said no surprises. I expected it to drain like crazy because I play with it all the time. It happens to everyone when they get their new toy. And even more so that the battery hasn't been conditioned. This is my 2nd charge cycle. Another 2-3 charge cycles the battery would be optimally conditioned for me to give a proper review. FYI 1 charge cycle= 1 x straight charge (power off), 1 x straight discharge (use phone until 0% battery with no charging in between)

Build

Very solid, feels premium in the hand, unlike the cheap, creaking back cover, plasticky feel of my Arc S. Comfortable to hold, just the right weight. Matte back, and I'm glad because they usually opt for cheap glossy plastic for white models. Not this time. Perfect.

Looks

Very pretty, however, looking straight at it at right angle, the're no telling if the model is black or white until you tilt it a bit. Looks nice anyway, kind of a little 'iPhone' ish even, but very clean lines and very well defined. However, once the display is on, the display looks a little disproportionate to the whole phone, perhaps it might look more proportionate if the display is a little higher. But that's just nitpicking, because it still looks super cool.

Camera

This phone flies where camera is concerned. I am a long time mobile imaging connoisseur, and the settings permutations I could play with is endless! Quality is much better than my Arc S, night photos are excellent. Day time photos are perfect. The HDR really works when strong backlight is present and makes the subject brighter. However, if you're not one who tinkers with the settings and would like to settle for the ol' point and shoot, then the Superior Auto feature will help you achieve the best perceived result in any condition. I have nothing to complain in this department except that I miss a dedicated shutter button. However, everything else seems in order. God willing I shall post some of my sample shots here when I have the time.

Music

My, my, my. All Xperia phones should have the ClearAudio+ feature. It's exactly what it is, clear audio. Nice and crisp, the phone stands in nicely as a dedicated Walkman device which makes me wonder- isn't it gonna kill their Walkman devices? But that's for them to worry about because I'm truly happy with the Walkman features. However, I have my own little audiophile equalizer setting that I think sounds better than ClearAudio+. Never thought that would be possible, and just when I thought things couldn't get any better, there's even 2 custom preset settings that we can save! This is a feature I've been wanting since forever. I don't think any other Walkman has this because it was reserved for dedicated Walkman devices. Not anymore!

So far I'm really happy and the things I reviewed are the things that matter to me the most. Feel free to post any other questions should you have any...
Couldn't agree more... smile.gif
But, coming from Note, I do feel the front camera is a bit useless without native 3G video call...
capoi
post Jan 19 2013, 11:51 PM

Casual
473 posts

QUOTE(Fries @ Jan 19 2013, 10:54 PM)
Couldn't agree more... smile.gif
But, coming from Note, I do feel the front camera is a bit useless without native 3G video call...
Front camera is depend on individual preference. But for people like me it doesn't matter. Nearly 6 years using a phone with front camera, i really can remember i just use it once for a testing. I still prefer a voice call. More megapixel for front camera maybe need a better internet connection for video call via voip. More megapixel will use more bandwith. That just my assumption. I dont know whether it is correct or not.

This post has been edited by capoi: Jan 19 2013, 11:53 PM
kneok
post Jan 20 2013, 08:58 AM

Casual
323 posts

Hang on, no front camera for this one?
tabletennis
post Jan 20 2013, 09:01 AM

On my way
641 posts

i already got mine about 12 hours ago .... but i need help on how to check my phone is original set or AP Set ,from the sticker around the phone are all Midland sticker ... but i still no idea is a genuine or not
Fries
post Jan 20 2013, 09:06 AM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(kneok @ Jan 20 2013, 08:58 AM)
Hang on, no front camera for this one?
There's a front camera on this phone, just no native 3g video call.
chbea
post Jan 20 2013, 10:38 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(tabletennis @ Jan 20 2013, 09:01 AM)
i already got mine about 12 hours ago .... but i need help on how to check my phone is original set or AP Set ,from the sticker around the phone are all Midland sticker ... but i still no idea is a genuine or not
also confuse dunno how to check?
many fake china phone around market just simply put midland sticker
mode893
post Jan 20 2013, 10:58 AM

Enthusiast
812 posts

One more improvement I found, the phone plays video formats other than 3gp and mp4. So far it supports avi, should support mkv & flv as well. Dunno if this is the standard across the new xperia line rclxm9.gif
uzary
post Jan 20 2013, 11:11 AM

J@ck da D0n
3,149 posts

QUOTE(mode893 @ Jan 20 2013, 10:58 AM)
One more improvement I found, the phone plays video formats other than 3gp and mp4. So far it supports avi, should support mkv & flv as well. Dunno if this is the standard across the new xperia line rclxm9.gif
well that is good news rclxms.gif
mavezai1984
post Jan 20 2013, 11:24 AM

Regular
1,610 posts

About camera, I'm abit surprise to found out that it has only 12mp max on resolution, weird
mode893
post Jan 20 2013, 11:54 AM

Enthusiast
812 posts

QUOTE(mavezai1984 @ Jan 20 2013, 11:24 AM)
About camera,  I'm abit surprise to found out that it has only 12mp max on resolution, weird
Yeah, me too. A bit strange but there's probably some technical explanation for it. Not to bothered because I'm more for quality, not megapixels.
Btw, just checked, it doesn't play flv. Back to moboplayer on that one then, sheesh.
Gamer88
post Jan 20 2013, 01:28 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

gonna get mine soon from sony centre. Got any case for V yet?

This post has been edited by Gamer88: Jan 20 2013, 01:35 PM
jueiri
post Jan 20 2013, 01:58 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

Does anyone know if there are any telcos offering xperia v along their smartphone rebate scheme? I emphasize this because it's a win-win scenario. Thanks.

Me -> untung RM200
Seller -> untung more with rrp price.
notworthy.gif
kneok
post Jan 20 2013, 02:22 PM

Casual
323 posts

still no test unit at sony klcc.. sigh.. luckily i live nearby.. tempted to just sapu the TX but i want to see V and hold it in my hand first.
soket
post Jan 20 2013, 03:15 PM

♥ chu chu
882 posts

me at muar now, the sony center guy told me next month only got xperia v, now only got xperia tx, lol
ian90
post Jan 20 2013, 08:00 PM

Enthusiast
885 posts

i bought case for mine from ebay... 2 case (1 black 1 white) and 2 screen protector (clear, glossy) for Rm16 liddat only =p

just a note guys... use the glossy SP... i used matte SP on it before and it really dulls the colour =/ but u'll get plenty of finger prints la.. hahah.

really lovin my phone now. able to last till end of the day wif 70%+ batt left with minimal calls and "extended battery mode" on.
Fries
post Jan 20 2013, 11:28 PM

Casual
328 posts

2nd day - 15h 21m 31s, screen-on time 2h 48m 20s - 28% left
Wifi most of the time

Went to lowyat just now, brother bought a TX for RM1599. There's TX n V demo set at sony centre UG floor lowyat plaza. He tried both phones and decided to take TX for it's size.
Ridhwan93
post Jan 20 2013, 11:38 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

its 12 mp if you using superior mode...if you using normal mode, it should be 13 mp..smile.gif...another proud xperia v user here..
PrincZe
post Jan 21 2013, 12:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,050 posts

hmm, thought senq or senheng going to bring this in. then can use rm200 rebate biggrin.gif
mode893
post Jan 21 2013, 01:49 AM

Enthusiast
812 posts

Hi guys, here are some photos of my back cover.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And some sample pictures that I took from my Xperia V

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

So far so good rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by mode893: Jan 21 2013, 02:05 AM

113 Pages « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0262sec    0.16    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:36 PM