Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> McMillan Woods Malaysia, Work Environment

Kel89
post Aug 27 2012, 07:05 PM, updated 4 years ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hi guys/ si-fus' biggrin.gif

I'm interested to know about McMillan Woods which is an audit firm in Phileo Damansara. The link to the company are below:

http://www.mcmillanwoods.com/McMillanWoods...es-malaysia.asp

As such I would like to know how is the working conditions there? Any issues for audit students?

I've been offered a job the the audit department as a junior and I know previously they are an ACCA Approved Employer - Trainee Development - GOLD level which provides exemption for the TDM Matrix for ACCA Affiliates.

Just wondering should I accept? biggrin.gif

Any comments are welcomed.

Thank you ver much beforehand rclxms.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mikelim89
post Sep 13 2012, 03:15 PM

Getting Started

Hi Kel89. Are u working in McMillan Woods now? How's the environment? Do you mind tell me more about the interview u went through. I just received a call from them after I sent my application last night.
+Quote Post
terbaik2012
post Oct 11 2012, 10:44 AM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(mikelim89 @ Sep 13 2012, 03:15 PM)
Hi Kel89. Are u working in McMillan Woods now? How's the environment? Do you mind tell me more about the interview u went through. I just received a call from them after I sent my application last night.
Hi All.

Just panggil I terbailk. Here are the terms for it:

Interview: basic questions about yourself, nothing too technical.

Working hours: 9AM - 7PM with 1 hour lunch break.

Workday days: Monday to Friday, with half day alternate working Saturdays

Amount of annual leaves: 8 days

Amount of public holidays honored: 10 days (other public holidays you will have to work)

Medical Claim: RM35 up to RM300 per year. But have to pay RM10 for each claim which will be deducted from your salary. (Which means, claim is RM25 up to RM300 per year). Not allowed to take MC for the first six month.

Study leave for professional qualifications (ACCA, etc): subject to management approval

Dress code: Working clothes with casual day on Friday.

Probation period: No probation period. Once contract is signed, you are bonded 1 year or 3 years. If you decided to leave in your term, you will need to pay 3 month gaji kepada company, but depending on case-to-case.

Salary package: For example ONLY - if they offer you a salary package of RM2,000 - RM200 will be allocated to parking and traveling allowance, RM1800 will be your take home pay.

Pantry: No coffee, no tea, no milo, no biscuits, bring your own. Water, fridge and microwave are provided.

Season Parking: RM 170 (But you will need RM350 for first application, for 1 month parking fee, 1/2 month parking deposit, Sticker and tag card)

Daily parking without season pass : RM 24 for parking 10 hours.

Working environment: perfect for people seeking to LEARN. Don't expect to be spoon fed, seniors are willing to guide if you need helps.

Office politics: minimal.

Conclusion: You are the one who decides on this benefits, saya dah apa yang boleh share je. Kalau terms ini tidak laku, you fikir-fikir sendiri kerja tempat lain. Tapi kalau you suka leaning. Tempat ni okay la.

+Quote Post
mikelim89
post Oct 11 2012, 11:10 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(terbaik2012 @ Oct 11 2012, 10:44 AM)
Hi All.

Just panggil I terbailk. Here are the terms for it:

Interview: basic questions about yourself, nothing too technical.

Working hours: 9AM - 7PM with 1 hour lunch break.

Workday days: Monday to Friday, with half day alternate working Saturdays

Amount of annual leaves: 8 days

Amount of public holidays honored: 10 days (other public holidays you will have to work)

Medical Claim: RM35 up to RM300 per year. But have to pay RM10 for each claim which will be deducted from your salary. (Which means, claim is RM25 up to RM300 per year). Not allowed to take MC for  the first six month.

Study leave for professional qualifications (ACCA, etc): subject to management approval

Dress code: Working clothes with casual day on Friday.

Probation period: No probation period. Once contract is signed, you are bonded 1 year or 3 years. If you decided to leave in your term, you will need to pay 3  month gaji kepada company, but depending on case-to-case.

Salary package: For example ONLY - if they offer you a salary package of RM2,000 - RM200 will be allocated to parking and traveling allowance, RM1800 will be your take home pay.

Pantry: No coffee, no tea, no milo, no biscuits, bring your own. Water, fridge and microwave are provided.

Season Parking: RM 170 (But you will need RM350 for first application, for 1 month parking fee, 1/2 month parking deposit, Sticker and tag card)

Daily parking without season pass : RM 24 for parking 10 hours.

Working environment: perfect for people seeking to LEARN. Don't expect to be spoon fed, seniors are willing to guide if you need helps.

Office politics: minimal.
Conclusion: You are the one who decides on this benefits, saya dah apa yang boleh share je. Kalau terms ini tidak laku, you fikir-fikir sendiri kerja tempat lain. Tapi kalau you suka leaning. Tempat ni okay la.
thumbup.gif Thank you for sharing. By the way, may I know whether the parking and travelling allowance will be given per month in fixed or subject to the proportionate? Besides, how's the traffic condition after work?
+Quote Post
terbaik2012
post Oct 11 2012, 11:30 AM

QUOTE(mikelim89 @ Oct 11 2012, 11:10 AM)
thumbup.gif Thank you for sharing. By the way, may I know whether the parking and travelling allowance will be given per month in fixed or subject to the proportionate? Besides, how's the traffic condition after work?
Hi Mikelim 89,

Salam 1 Malaysia. I cannot share with you kalau parking & travelling allowance tu is fixed or subject to the proportionate. tapi sye share traffic condition tu. from 6-7. Jam tu starting from inside the carpark till you exit the parking gate. after 7pm. jam kerana ada satu traffic light just after exit, tape based on experience, you cuma jam 5-10 minit lepas trafik light itu, you clear jalan kepada Damansara tol.

Hope it helps smile.gif
+Quote Post
mikelim89
post Oct 11 2012, 11:34 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(terbaik2012 @ Oct 11 2012, 11:30 AM)
Hi Mikelim 89,

Salam 1 Malaysia. I cannot share with you kalau parking & travelling allowance tu is fixed or subject to the proportionate. tapi sye share traffic condition tu. from 6-7. Jam tu starting from inside the carpark till you exit the parking gate. after 7pm. jam kerana ada satu traffic light just after exit, tape based on experience, you cuma jam 5-10 minit lepas trafik light itu, you clear jalan kepada Damansara tol.

Hope it helps  smile.gif
Thank you for the information. thumbup.gif

Kind regards,
Mike Lim
+Quote Post
terbaik2012
post Oct 11 2012, 11:48 AM

QUOTE(mikelim89 @ Oct 11 2012, 11:34 AM)
Thank you for the information.  thumbup.gif

Kind regards,
Mike Lim
Best of luck bro.

Tetapi based on experience, ada company lain offer better benefits. You cuma try submit resume sje. X ade lost. saya dalam masa 2 tahun tukar job 4 kali. tapi saya ppun boleh kerja di satu syarikat dpda America. Gaji baik RM3K++. You mesti pasti you tukar job punya reason. Kalau reason you baik, you dalam interview boleh reason dengan interviewer tu, you pastilah memang dapat job itu.

mind you saya punya 2 tahun workin experience bukan semua dalam accounting, tetapi skrg dalam syarikay ini, saya buat accounts. You mesti pandai cakap sikit dan relate la experience anda why you tukar tukar jobs.

Jangan tukar jobs oleh sebab $$$, tetapi tukar jobs untuk cari apa yang anda suka buat. job pertama saya accounts, kedua di Hotel F&B, ketiga buat sales, dan job 4 sye accounts.

Mestilah attitude anda yang betul dan baik. Cakap banyak banyak pun position dalam syarikat ini fresh grad. biggrin.gif tapi sye tentanglah ini job sesuai untuk sye.

+Quote Post
jolintcy
post Dec 4 2012, 01:05 PM

hi, may i know the basic salary from mcmillan woods for audit assistant position ?
+Quote Post
terbaik2012
post Dec 4 2012, 01:21 PM

QUOTE(jolintcy @ Dec 4 2012, 01:05 PM)
hi, may i know the basic salary from mcmillan woods for audit assistant position ?
Ni pun sye tak tau, see la u punya qualifications. Tapi sye punya kurangx2 2.2k
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0401sec    1.82    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th August 2015 - 11:07 AM