Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar

Papercut117
post Aug 26 2012, 10:51 PM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Referring to the picture attached below, I am looking for this type of wall mounted bar and I can't seem to find a supplier/shop which sells it. I tried Fitness Concept, unfortunately the don't sell it. So I opted for the Doorway Pull Up Bar that uses friction, fell on my arse the first time as it came off due to me accidentally "unscrewing" it while performing the pull ups.
Anyway do you guys know where to find one like this?
user posted image
mulaus
post Aug 27 2012, 12:09 AM

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/772513/all

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1629840/all
Papercut117
post Aug 27 2012, 01:24 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mulaus @ Aug 27 2012, 12:09 AM)
I appreciate your reply. But if you've read those posts(which I have done previously), those posts relate back to door frame bars. One of it is which I already have(friction one) and another is the P90X Style which hooks on the door frame itself.

But i'm not looking for those. I would like to purchase a true wall mounted pull up bar. Ebay & Amazon has got tons of it, but shipping to Malaysia costs a bomb. Any place to get it in Malaysia?
lozerien
post Aug 27 2012, 01:51 AM

Why not drive to a metal shop and get them to do it for you?

tenno
post Aug 27 2012, 12:36 PM

Livestrong
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(lozerien @ Aug 27 2012, 01:51 AM)
Why not drive to a metal shop and get them to do it for you?
This is actually a very good option..sometimes they can hv it done at a much lower price...just make sure U the metal shop understand wht it's for & hv them recommend a suitable wallplug for U to mount it with...
Papercut117
post Aug 27 2012, 06:03 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(tenno @ Aug 27 2012, 12:36 PM)
This is actually a very good option..sometimes they can hv it done at a much lower price...just make sure U the metal shop understand wht it's for & hv them recommend a suitable wallplug for U to mount it with...
It is an alternative, but I am particular in terms of cosmetics as well. If I were to Custom/DIY the bar, it is most likely going to look dull or ugly. And as for the true pull up bars, they finishing touches are good.
TechnoG
post Aug 27 2012, 11:07 PM

Lifelines. <3

p90x? tongue.gif those wall mounted ones are unpopular cos you have to drill hole etc, pretty troublesome tbh.

go your nearby taman and do chin ups/pull ups.
Papercut117
post Aug 28 2012, 05:23 PM

Getting Started

Taman is an alternative, but kinda troublesome also cuz i've got to finish my workout at home first and then continue the chin/pull ups in the taman later on.

Anyone using the doorway bar over here?
Chaseleon
post Aug 29 2012, 01:04 AM

I use a friction-based bar bought from Fitness Concept. It has so far served me well - First time I used it I fell, but that was because I did not tighten it properly. Since I tightened it properly, I have no complaints.

You mention it loosening as you do pullups - try doing them from the other side of the bar so that your pullups have a tightening effect instead of a loosening effect. Worked for me. Don't really know how to explain it clearer, so I apologize if it is vague.
creativ
post Aug 31 2012, 10:57 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Chaseleon @ Aug 29 2012, 01:04 AM)
I use a friction-based bar bought from Fitness Concept.
How does a friction-based bar look like?
Papercut117
post Aug 31 2012, 05:15 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Chaseleon @ Aug 29 2012, 01:04 AM)
I use a friction-based bar bought from Fitness Concept. It has so far served me well - First time I used it I fell, but that was because I did not tighten it properly.  Since I tightened it properly, I have no complaints.

You mention it loosening as you do pullups - try doing them from the other side of the bar so that your pullups have a tightening effect instead of a loosening effect. Worked for me. Don't really know how to explain it clearer, so I apologize if it is vague.
I fell down due to the same reason as yours. I was doing my pull ups the other way, in which resulted me to unknowingly loosening the bar. So I learnt my lesson and i'm doing it the other way now. So far its steady, but I do still have the fear of falling down again though, it hurt like hell the last time.

Creativ, the bar looks like this
user posted image

This post has been edited by Papercut117: Aug 31 2012, 05:16 PM
mikehuan
post Sep 1 2012, 03:47 PM

terrorhoof!

Get a metal shop to do it, draw out the design for them complete with measurements. Then sandpaper and paint it yourself and put stickers of your choice on it.

Fraction of the price, and way more sturdier than what u can find commercial.
Papercut117
post Sep 1 2012, 05:45 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mikehuan @ Sep 1 2012, 03:47 PM)
Get a metal shop to do it, draw out the design for them complete with measurements. Then sandpaper and paint it yourself and put stickers of your choice on it.

Fraction of the price, and way more sturdier than what u can find commercial.
When you say I could get it for a lesser price, how much roughly would it cost?
Ads on Mudah and other local sites were offering approx RM280, those were not custom made ones. So if I could get it done for half the price, then I might just go for it.

This post has been edited by Papercut117: Sep 1 2012, 05:46 PM
teraone-sam
post Dec 3 2012, 12:20 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Papercut117 @ Aug 31 2012, 05:15 PM)
I fell down due to the same reason as yours. I was doing my pull ups the other way, in which resulted me to unknowingly loosening the bar. So I learnt my lesson and i'm doing it the other way now. So far its steady, but I do still have the fear of falling down again though, it hurt like hell the last time.

Creativ, the bar looks like this
user posted image
hi bro, how much did you bought this one? and from where?

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0725sec    3.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd September 2018 - 08:43 PM