94 Pages « < 35 36 37 38 39 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

G-Shock Watches, Information Sharing

views

skystrike
post Jul 27 2018, 11:26 AM

back to normal
1,270 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jul 27 2018, 09:31 AM)
If the watch is not from Casio's Official Store (in lazada), then no idea whether it's legit.
yeah..but casio official store collection is limited...not much choice..
biloxee
post Jul 27 2018, 12:31 PM

On my way
561 posts

QUOTE(skystrike @ Jul 27 2018, 12:44 AM)
is this shop at lazada is legit? interested at G-STEEL GST-S300G-1A1..

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/100-orig...4c48qfBE3Y&mp=1
The store's legit and they sell original G-shocks...

sweet_pez
post Jul 27 2018, 01:09 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(biloxee @ Jul 27 2018, 12:31 PM)
The store's legit and they sell original G-shocks...
There's only 1 authorised distributor in Malaysia and it's Marco. When the stock doesn't come from the official source/ store but elsewhere... there's no guarantee whether it's original or not. And if there's issue with the watch - what happens? There are some resellers who just went MIA mode when their customer ask about repair or warranty hmm.gif
biloxee
post Jul 27 2018, 01:37 PM

On my way
561 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jul 27 2018, 01:09 PM)
There's only 1 authorised distributor in Malaysia and it's Marco. When the stock doesn't come from the official source/ store but elsewhere... there's no guarantee whether it's original or not. And if there's issue with the watch - what happens? There are some resellers who just went MIA mode when their customer ask about repair or warranty hmm.gif
There are thousands of authorized dealers across the world. Watches of a similar model all start out in the same factory and are manufactured to the same quality standards and then are dispatched around the world.

There's no way the watch is a fake. It's just wasn't sourced from Marco.

Look, Stussy Gallery has been around for 2+ years according to the profile, I wouldn't worry about it.
If something goes wrong within a year, I'd contact the seller and work something out.
One would still have to pay for parts and labour for a Marco purchased watch if it breaks after a year.

I would be willing to take the chance since the odds of a G-Shock thats marketed as a tough durable watch breaking during the warranty period is very low and the savings are substantial.

This post has been edited by biloxee: Jul 27 2018, 01:39 PM
sweet_pez
post Jul 27 2018, 02:05 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(biloxee @ Jul 27 2018, 01:37 PM)
There are thousands of authorized dealers across the world. Watches of a similar model all start out in the same factory and are manufactured to the same quality standards and then are dispatched around the world.

There's no way the watch is a fake. It's just wasn't sourced from Marco.

Look, Stussy Gallery has been around for 2+ years according to the profile, I wouldn't worry about it.
If something goes wrong within a year, I'd contact the seller and work something out.
One would still have to pay for parts and labour for a Marco purchased watch if it breaks after a year.

I would be willing to take the chance since the odds of a G-Shock thats marketed as a tough durable watch breaking during the warranty period is very low and the savings are substantial.
If that's what you believe in hmm.gif as far as I know, there's usually only 1 appointed authorised distributor in each country. So if they're in 46 countries, there are 46 authorised distributor that they're appointed instead of thousands. Well, I could be wrong. We have different POV so I won't argue as there's no right or wrong.
I usually prefer to go through the legit source. There have been cases where buyers from online purchase received malfunction unit (someone I know did, but it's not from Stussy Gallery). So end of the day, it's a risk that buyer has to be willing to go through when they're dealing with locally non-legit (unknown source). It's always a choice and there will always be people who are willing to risk it.
biloxee
post Jul 27 2018, 02:52 PM

On my way
561 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jul 27 2018, 02:05 PM)
If that's what you believe in hmm.gif as far as I know, there's usually only 1 appointed authorised distributor in each country. So if they're in 46 countries, there are 46 authorised distributor that they're appointed instead of thousands. Well, I could be wrong. We have different POV so I won't argue as there's no right or wrong.
I usually prefer to go through the legit source. There have been cases where buyers from online purchase received malfunction unit (someone I know did, but it's not from Stussy Gallery). So end of the day, it's a risk that buyer has to be willing to go through when they're dealing with locally non-legit (unknown source). It's always a choice and there will always be people who are willing to risk it.
The traditional business model is changing/has changed. There are many platforms from all over the world with merchants selling original G-Shocks today. Ebay, Amazon, Rakuten, Taobao, Lazada to name a few.

The volume on eBay alone is exponentially more than what Marco moves in Malaysia. Consumers are not that risk averse and they are better informed more than ever as information (price) is freely available. e-Commerce is booming.

We just have to take calculated risks. If I want a JDM G-Shock and get someone to purchase it for me, there's a risk the plane may crash and with it my watch...

sweet_pez
post Jul 27 2018, 03:33 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(biloxee @ Jul 27 2018, 02:52 PM)
The traditional business model is changing/has changed. There are many platforms from all over the world with merchants selling original G-Shocks today. Ebay, Amazon, Rakuten, Taobao, Lazada to name a few.

The volume on eBay alone is exponentially more than what Marco moves in Malaysia. Consumers are not that risk averse and they are better informed more than ever as information (price) is freely available. e-Commerce is booming.

We just have to take calculated risks. If I want a JDM G-Shock and get someone to purchase it for me, there's a risk the plane may crash and with it my watch...
Precisely, the landscape is changing. However a lot of consumers are still not aware of differences between authorised vs PI etc. That is a part that the company and brand need to work on. If most people chose to risk it despite understanding the possible adverse consequences then that's different. It's a choice and yes, if the plane crashed and you don't get your watch - it's something you entirely understood in the first place and willing to accept. No complain.
Skyiz
post Jul 28 2018, 09:43 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

Has anyone shopped at Perniagaan Jam MayMay before? Their Gshock watches are cheaper than market price, 30-40% difference. Are these original Gschocks?

https://www.jammaymay.com.my/
SUStalzer
post Jul 29 2018, 06:43 PM

bagusnya
757 posts

QUOTE(Skyiz @ Jul 28 2018, 09:43 PM)
Has anyone shopped at Perniagaan Jam MayMay before? Their Gshock watches are cheaper than market price, 30-40% difference. Are these original Gschocks?

Not sure about this site, but i find this singapore online store with free delivery is much cheaper, can compare price of their gsts100 and gsg100 price.

https://www.watchspree.com.sg

Anyway never buy from this sg site before, just checking is there any shops in klang valley or this site is good enough to get a gst-s100b ?
skystrike
post Jul 29 2018, 10:40 PM

back to normal
1,270 posts

any place (physical store or online) to get GST-S130BC-1A with good price?

Angelodeath
post Aug 1 2018, 11:07 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

hi does anyone know the gmw-b5000 series will be a limited production or not? Or just the gold edition has limited pieces, wonder why the prices let ppl fry even now.

Hypebeast moment ke?
sweet_pez
post Aug 2 2018, 09:33 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(Angelodeath @ Aug 1 2018, 11:07 PM)
hi does anyone know the gmw-b5000 series will be a limited production or not? Or just the gold edition has limited pieces, wonder why the prices let ppl fry even now.

Hypebeast moment ke?
The black metal strap with bag and the gold metal strap is limited edition. Not sure the rest will have more incoming stocks or not...
Angelodeath
post Aug 2 2018, 04:39 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Aug 2 2018, 09:33 AM)
The black metal strap with bag and the gold metal strap is limited edition. Not sure the rest will have more incoming stocks or not...
Thanks man.. the normal silver metal already kena goreng till 3.3 - 3.5k , if theres no limited production y like this sad.gif

Scared if i buy now during hype season and price crash later, habis o
fuzzy
post Aug 2 2018, 07:28 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

Yes it is, they have a physical shop as well in KL.
sweet_pez
post Aug 3 2018, 09:24 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

The stocks not from marco as far as i know hmm.gif i think if warranty or any issue you have to claim/ get it from the shop itself.

QUOTE(Angelodeath @ Aug 2 2018, 04:39 PM)
Thanks man.. the normal silver metal already kena goreng till 3.3 - 3.5k , if theres no limited production y like this sad.gif

Scared if i buy now during hype season and price crash later, habis o
Seriously? That's crazy price! Don't buy from these resellers sweat.gif
Everdying
post Aug 5 2018, 01:20 PM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

QUOTE(derrick_kim0494 @ Aug 5 2018, 11:03 AM)
has anyone experienced their g-steel battery starts off at mid power? mine keeps on starting at mid power even after solar charging up till high power.
it draws alot of power cos of that very bright led.
so either don't use it too much or charge it even longer... the manual im sure says something like 40hrs or so to full high?
babygrand123
post Aug 7 2018, 01:55 AM

On my way
662 posts

Guys do you think this model ok ? One Utama G shock butik is selling RM546 without any discount and do you all will buy from online which cheaper but just doubt on the genuineness

https://www.gshock.com/watches/analog-digital/ga700cm-2a
light_up
post Aug 12 2018, 04:22 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

Hi, my sister will be in Japan in September, she will help her friends to get some JDM products, anyone interested to get JDM G-Shock let me know.
spacelion
post Aug 24 2018, 11:18 AM

Ada Liu
1,668 posts

original but not from authorized distributor

their shop is in raja laut
spacelion
post Aug 24 2018, 11:24 AM

Ada Liu
1,668 posts

Attached Image

I really am liking this version with the nylon zulu strap.

edit: for those wondering it's the DW5600BBN-1

This post has been edited by spacelion: Aug 24 2018, 11:25 AM

94 Pages « < 35 36 37 38 39 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0150sec    0.62    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:01 PM