G-Shock Watches, Information Sharing

views

Everdying
post May 21 2021, 12:07 PM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

QUOTE(arif_2008 @ May 21 2021, 11:07 AM)
Why do u buy g shock.. BECAUSE u believe it is a good and tough watch and will last a very long time. No doubt g-shock has many fans and collecters in Malaysia and worldwide. Ebay for example..
So it also a good investment when its comes to resale value.

For example.. The DW-6900 crazy/metallic color series.. Released year 2008/2009.. Retail price was RM399-RM499.. No more in production.. Now after 13 years on high demand.. Even used item is selling for RM1,XXX.

Take advantage on the resale value and use it as a upfront capital to get a new G-shock watch.. U wont wear the same watch in your lifetime!!

#that's why Collectors buy ROLEX watches..

My two cent opinion..

actually my rangeman is my gym companion cos of quick start stopwatch... already battered left right centre from iron...

13yrs...rm499...ok give chance la resale rm2k...
so rm1.5k over 13yrs...
rm115/yr.. rm9.50/month...
see how dumb that looks?

I'm sure got others with better resale.. but besides the point... if it makes u happy to think it's an investment... ok la..
to me I'll continue using them the way they're meant to be.
arif_2008
post May 21 2021, 12:19 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ May 21 2021, 12:07 PM)
actually my rangeman is my gym companion cos of quick start stopwatch... already battered left right centre from iron...

13yrs...rm499...ok give chance la resale rm2k...
so rm1.5k over 13yrs...
rm115/yr.. rm9.50/month...
see how dumb that looks?

I'm sure got others with better resale.. but besides the point...  if it makes u happy to think it's an investment... ok la..
to me I'll continue using them the way they're meant to be.
Wow. 13 years rangeman.. And u used it only for gym companion.. That's means u are using other watches or other brand on a daily wear.
I thought this is a G-Shock forum.. To share info.. I rest my case..

This post has been edited by arif_2008: May 21 2021, 03:09 PM
mystvearn
post May 21 2021, 10:31 PM

6,511 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ May 21 2021, 09:16 AM)
is smaller than other g-steel.. but is still not small...
I still don't have a rugged watch in my collection.

QUOTE(arif_2008 @ May 21 2021, 11:07 AM)
Why do u buy g shock.. BECAUSE u believe it is a good and tough watch and will last a very long time. No doubt g-shock has many fans and collecters in Malaysia and worldwide.
On sale at Ebay for example.. So it also a good investment when its comes to resale value.

For example.. The DW-6900 crazy/metallic color series.. Released year 2008/2009.. Retail price was RM399-RM499.. No longer in production.. Now after 13 years on high demand.. Even used item is selling for RM1,XXX.

Take advantage on the resale value and use it as a upfront capital to get a new G-shock watch.. U dont want to wear the same watch in your lifetime!!

#that's why Collectors buy ROLEX watches..

My two cent opinion..
Buy to wear. Invest in land, they ain't making that anymore.

I still have a 20 year old quartz timex explorer with built in compass. Proven useful before smartphones were around. I want to enjoy wearing watches. I find it nice/thrilling finding the watch I like and stick with it forever. Have a field seiko solar and a seiko dress watch. Can no longer wear the timex since it is priority lugs and curve meant for smaller wrists. Have a smartwatch. A rugged/g shock left. I don't like the smartwatch since I need to charge every few days but I want the step counter.

Previously had an alba spoon and Adidas analog digi watch. Kept the Adidas for years until 4 strap changes. Can no longer use it because of the proprietary band.

If I did buy a limited edition or whatever valuable, I will still wear it. No fun buying for selling since you cannot enjoy the watch. If buy something so expensive, then you will be paranoid every time you wear it.

Everdying
post May 22 2021, 08:34 AM

Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ May 21 2021, 10:31 PM)
I don't like the smartwatch since I need to charge every few days but I want the step counter.

OT abit. .. but if its just step tracking u need... cheapest ones I've used are the huawei band and the Amazfit t-rex...both are about 90% accurate...
weirdly even tho amazfit is under huami who also does for xiaomi.. xiaomi just plain sux...

as for the step counters in gshocks... just don't bother... highly inaccurate as per the many reviews u can find out there...
there should be a way to turn that feature off in gshocks to maybe save battery life as there are some nice models like the b100 mudmaster...

mystvearn
post May 22 2021, 10:23 AM

6,511 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ May 22 2021, 08:34 AM)
OT abit. .. but if its just step tracking u need... cheapest ones I've used are the huawei band and the Amazfit t-rex...both are about 90% accurate...
weirdly even tho amazfit is under huami who also does for xiaomi.. xiaomi just plain sux...

as for the step counters in gshocks... just don't bother... highly inaccurate as per the many reviews u can find out there...
there should be a way to turn that feature off in gshocks to maybe save battery life as there are some nice models like the b100 mudmaster...
Thanks for the recommendation. I want a step tracker but looks like a watch not an electronic device. Looking at hybrid watches as well. I hate having to lift my wrist every time want to so see the time. Sometimes need to lift wrist like few times. If turn on the display, then battery life will suffer.

I think the amazifit t rex is too big for me. My wrist max height is 50 mm. Hence why I cannot wear the most g shock. Lug to lug more than 47 mm appears awkward. Watch diameter around 40-42 mm.

The problem with smart watch is that bigger watch better battery life. If they put a solar cell in the garmin vivomove, that would be great.
Everdying
post May 22 2021, 10:46 AM

Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ May 22 2021, 10:23 AM)
Thanks for the recommendation. I want a step tracker but looks like a watch not an electronic device. Looking at hybrid watches as well. I hate having to lift my wrist every time want to so see the time. Sometimes need to lift wrist like few times. If turn on the display, then battery life will suffer.

I think the amazifit t rex is too big for me. My wrist max height is 50 mm. Hence why I cannot wear the most g shock. Lug to lug more than 47 mm appears awkward. Watch diameter around 40-42 mm.

The problem with smart watch is that bigger watch better battery life. If they put a solar cell in the garmin vivomove, that would be great.
well, with a smart / fitness watch...the bigger the screen the easier it is to read the data on it...
smaller ones would work better as everyday watch...
but ya getting a fitness band would be better...then can still wear a regular watch on the other wrist tongue.gif
MyWifeCar
post May 22 2021, 05:54 PM

★ Car Soundproofing DIY~
591 posts

You can use Garmin/Fitbit for your preference.

Of course G-Shock pun dh ada lah ....

Tp I am in AIA Vitality app, so Garmin/Fitbit only. Geram pasal mmg nk pakai yg G-Shock punya ...

I am not into Smart Watch also, because of the charging hassle .... malas oi...

I have used my Garmin for 4 years already, the battery is weaker already. Full use would last 3 days. That's why I only wear it during exercise. Other time I am on Protek.
stephenthk
post May 23 2021, 09:59 AM

On my way
504 posts

QUOTE(stephenthk @ May 19 2021, 09:10 AM)
Me watching out for TMJ skeleton, and ended up with GBD100 Spiderman & DW5600 Skeleton along the process.(facepalms).

Still,haven't got the TMJ skeleton yet

I'm just worried,as it goes, the damage is severe.
Attached Image Attached Image

My earlier Camo Carbon Core.

& my new unintentional additions.

Attached Image

Attached Image
stephenthk
post May 23 2021, 11:20 AM

On my way
504 posts

IM not sure, but my wrist is M size. and the spiderman that I've posted earlier just fits nicely on the S or M wrist.

I tot it is big as other shocks wen making the purchase.
so, u can get the GBD 100 G Squad if the design is ok with u.

fyi, it is definitely smaller than the T rex.
frankly im surprised how small it actually was, compared to the pictures.

mystvearn
post May 23 2021, 02:00 PM

6,511 posts

QUOTE(stephenthk @ May 23 2021, 11:20 AM)
IM not sure, but my wrist is M size. and the spiderman that I've posted earlier just fits nicely on the S or M wrist.

I tot it is big as other shocks wen making the purchase.
so, u can get the GBD 100 G Squad if the design is ok with u.

fyi, it is definitely smaller than the T rex.
frankly im surprised how small it actually was, compared to the pictures.
The dimensions look big for my wrist.
Ultima
post May 24 2021, 09:06 PM

KiRiSuTe GoMeN
5,197 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ May 23 2021, 02:00 PM)
The dimensions look big for my wrist.
got gbx also for small wrist.

but again, its kinda like a square, altho its a hexagon tongue.gif
mystvearn
post May 24 2021, 09:43 PM

6,511 posts

QUOTE(Ultima @ May 24 2021, 09:06 PM)
got gbx also for small wrist.

but again, its kinda like a square, altho its a hexagon  tongue.gif
Yes. Was looking at that before.
Everdying
post May 25 2021, 01:06 PM

Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

wait...wat in the world is a M size wrist? 7"? 8"?

my wrist also about 50mm across...sometimes its how the watch is designed...see how the lugs curve or straps fall...
T09
post Jun 1 2021, 03:52 PM

The Kopite
2,186 posts

QUOTE(T09 @ Apr 18 2021, 02:26 PM)
Can't decide between DW-5600BB-1 and DW-5900-1, anyone can share their thoughts on these 2?

Will be used for street-wear/casual/sports purpose.
[attachmentid=10899592]

Finally got what i wanted last week. Thanks LYN G-Shock Gang for the initial suggestions thumbsup.gif
jun_ng_1208
post Jun 1 2021, 07:19 PM

Regular
1,274 posts

QUOTE(T09 @ Jun 1 2021, 03:52 PM)
[attachmentid=10899592]

Finally got what i wanted last week. Thanks LYN G-Shock Gang for the initial suggestions thumbsup.gif
How much is the price nowadays?
Still expensive AF?
T09
post Jun 1 2021, 10:25 PM

The Kopite
2,186 posts

QUOTE(jun_ng_1208 @ Jun 1 2021, 07:19 PM)
How much is the price nowadays?
Still expensive AF?
Not that high like last year. I got it for RM4xx after discount from Marco.
Stocks remain very limited for stealth and skeleton version so gotta be patient.
jun_ng_1208
post Jun 2 2021, 10:48 AM

Regular
1,274 posts

QUOTE(T09 @ Jun 1 2021, 10:25 PM)
Not that high like last year. I got it for RM4xx after discount from Marco.
Stocks remain very limited for stealth and skeleton version so gotta be patient.
RM 400+ is good price for this full black ones, say no to scalpers hehehe

hcmalaya
post Jun 19 2021, 08:14 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ May 19 2021, 11:39 AM)

finally something for small wrists.
Where to buy this best price?
mystvearn
post Jun 20 2021, 06:23 AM

6,511 posts

QUOTE(hcmalaya @ Jun 19 2021, 08:14 PM)
Still new. Need to wait few months
Everdying
post Jun 20 2021, 05:58 PM

Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

QUOTE(hcmalaya @ Jun 19 2021, 08:14 PM)
go search on Instagram... got few local sellers... between rm9xx-13xx.

94 Pages « < 79 80 81 82 83 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0234sec    0.56    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:30 PM