Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> OpenWRT for TP-Link 1043ND v1.8+ on Maxis FTTH, Custom Router for Maxis FTTH

sayboon
post Aug 24 2012, 07:07 PM

Group: Junior Member

This is a step by step instruction on how to flash your TP-Link 1043ND v1.8+routers for those on Maxis FTTH to use an open firmware, OpenWRT, specifically those purchased circa July 2012. The reason why the later versions don't/wouldn't work is because TP-Link has programmed the bootloader to disable the WAN port if it detects another firmware variant aside from its original one. So even though you've done all the steps to the letter, it will still be a futile effort.

A work around has been found to circumvent this.

1. Restore it to a previous firmware where the bootloader doesn't disable the WAN port
2. Flash it to a factory firmware on OpenWRT
3. Perform a firmware upgrade on OpenWRT.

Props are given to KLSeet in providing the initial guidance and a pic of the TP-Link Web Console page as I've flashed my router from the stock firmware to its current state.

Firstly, download these 3 files:

TP Link Pre 1.8 FW Don't panic, this firmware is German, the only workable downgrade I found so far. Path of firmware upgrade remains the same.
OpenWRT - Factory
TP Link - System Upgrade

Doesn't really matter which LAN port you're plugged in to (though some would argue anything but LAN port 1) but it is important to use the right browser. For some apparent reason, Chrome doesn't play well with the flashing process. So I'd recommend Firefox instead for this exercise.

Okay, now that you have the 3 files the first thing you should do now is to head to 192.168.1.1 (make sure you've done a hard reset/factory default via the back reset pin or via the Web Console) on your TP-Link router.

Default username: admin
Default password: admin

Go to System Tools > Firmware Upgrade tab
Click Browse and use the first file you downloaded, TP Link Pre 1.8 FW
Click Upgrade to to start flash

user posted image

Wait for the upgrade to finish. Do not power off!

Once you've flashed it, head on to the Web Console @ 192.168.1.1

Default username: root
Default password: <blank>

user posted image

Go to System > Backup / Flash firmware
Restore backup > Choose File
This is the second file you downloaded, OpenWRT - Factory

user posted image

Again, wait for it to finish the upgrade.

Once you've flashed it, head on to the Web Console @ 192.168.1.1

Default username: root
Default password: <blank>

user posted image

Go back to the System > Backup / Flash firmware
Restore backup > Choose File
This is the third file you downloaded, TP Link - System Upgrade

user posted image

Ta-daaa, now your TP-Link 1043ND has it's WAN port enabled. The VLAN configuration for Maxis FTTH on this router are aplenty but will do up another tutorial if required. A good place to start is to check out KLSeet's page on the configuration for OpenWRT. Though it's for UniFi, the gist of it remains the same.

Note: Try this at your own risk! It has worked for me and many others but accidents do happen! Eg. power trip, corrupted file, etc.

This post has been edited by sayboon: Aug 25 2012, 08:55 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
benlye
post Aug 24 2012, 07:57 PM

The alternate person
Group: Senior Member

Looks great. smile.gif maybe i should give it a try tongue.gif

+Quote Post
sayboon
post Aug 24 2012, 08:02 PM

QUOTE(benlye @ Aug 24 2012, 07:57 PM)
Looks great. smile.gif maybe i should give it a try tongue.gif
For ~RM150, this is the most PLC (peng leng cheng) gigabit router around, so far. You should definitely give it a go.
+Quote Post
benlye
post Aug 24 2012, 09:24 PM

The alternate person

Update
--------

DONE!!!!!!!!! It is working smile.gif
+Quote Post
super911
post Aug 25 2012, 01:40 AM

Regular

QUOTE(sayboon @ Aug 24 2012, 08:02 PM)
For ~RM150, this is the most PLC (peng leng cheng) gigabit router around, so far. You should definitely give it a go.
Bro,
Steady la you. Well done!
+Quote Post
sayboon
post Aug 25 2012, 08:47 AM

QUOTE(super911 @ Aug 25 2012, 01:40 AM)
Bro,
  Steady la you. Well done!
No prob la, just sharing my knowledge. Everyone wins smile.gif
+Quote Post
benlye
post Aug 25 2012, 10:12 AM

The alternate person

I'd like to highlight for those that have already on OpenWRT you will need to 1st flash it back to this firmware 1st http://www.tp-link.com.my/resources/softwa...82817292310.zip

before flashing it to the German firmware.

This link will confirm what i say http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1...iginal.firmware

because the German firmware contains the boot loader which will brick the device if you flash it from OpenWRT to prevent it you have to use one firmware with out the word 'Boot' on the filename

This post has been edited by benlye: Aug 25 2012, 10:18 AM
+Quote Post
prasys
post Aug 25 2012, 11:10 AM

<3 Ash
Group Icon
Group: Staff

Looks great anyway , kudos for prepping the tutorial with step-by-step instructions
+Quote Post
jacky1678
post Aug 27 2012, 09:55 AM

Really cool man. thanks for sharing ur knowledge smile.gif

By the way guys, just want to ask, in the market currently which model is the most cheapest to go beside TP-LINK ? smile.gif

Any idea or suggestion ? hmm.gif

This post has been edited by jacky1678: Aug 27 2012, 10:06 AM
+Quote Post
sayboon
post Aug 28 2012, 12:37 PM

QUOTE(jacky1678 @ Aug 27 2012, 09:55 AM)
Really cool man. thanks for sharing ur knowledge smile.gif

By the way guys, just want to ask, in the market currently which model is the most cheapest to go beside TP-LINK ? smile.gif

Any idea or suggestion ? hmm.gif
For wireless gigabit router that's supports 3 digit VLAN tagging, it's still TP-Link 1043ND.
+Quote Post
jacky1678
post Aug 28 2012, 07:57 PM

QUOTE(sayboon @ Aug 28 2012, 12:37 PM)
For wireless gigabit router that's supports 3 digit VLAN tagging, it's still TP-Link 1043ND.
thanks dude.

This post has been edited by jacky1678: Aug 28 2012, 07:58 PM
+Quote Post
chingloong83
post Aug 30 2012, 05:50 PM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(benlye @ Aug 24 2012, 09:24 PM)
Update
--------

DONE!!!!!!!!! It is working smile.gif
Hi,

i was successful upgrade all the flash. but now i am cracking my head to connect to my Maxis FTTH. can you please teach how to configure it?

thank you.
+Quote Post
benlye
post Aug 30 2012, 06:02 PM

The alternate person

QUOTE(chingloong83 @ Aug 30 2012, 05:50 PM)
Hi,

i was successful upgrade all the flash. but now i am cracking my head to connect to my Maxis FTTH. can you please teach how to configure it?

thank you.
here smile.gif

But before you go there..

since u've done this method. you can use port 1, which is the wan port

for the 3rd imaged.. (meaning the 1st openwrt image)

under Vlan ID 1
port 2,3, 4,5 select untagged
port 1 select off

Under Vlan ID11
port 1 select tagged
port 5 select off

This post has been edited by benlye: Aug 30 2012, 06:09 PM
+Quote Post
sayboon
post Aug 31 2012, 11:16 AM

QUOTE(chingloong83 @ Aug 30 2012, 05:50 PM)
Hi,

thank you.
Which fiber modem are you using? If it's the Fiberhome one, there's nothing much you can do as it uses a dedicated console connection to configure it. However, if you're lucky enough to be using the Huawei's one then benlye's method will work.

Maybe I should get the Huawei one too on my own, what do you reckon @benlye?

This post has been edited by sayboon: Aug 31 2012, 11:18 AM
+Quote Post
chingloong83
post Aug 31 2012, 11:50 AM

QUOTE(sayboon @ Aug 31 2012, 11:16 AM)
Which fiber modem are you using? If it's the Fiberhome one, there's nothing much you can do as it uses a dedicated console connection to configure it. However, if you're lucky enough to be using the Huawei's one then benlye's method will work.

Maybe I should get the Huawei one too on my own, what do you reckon @benlye?
Ok ady, i manage to configure the vlan 621 for WAN port. they are manage to access the internet now. but the connection not stable, frequent disconnect and hang. now swap back to Maxis Thomson. beside that http://my.asus.com/Networks/Wireless_Routers/RTN66U/ also support maxis home fiber but also not stable. always disconnect
+Quote Post
sayboon
post Aug 31 2012, 11:59 AM

QUOTE(chingloong83 @ Aug 31 2012, 11:50 AM)
Ok ady, i manage to configure the vlan 621 for WAN port. they are manage to access the internet now. but the connection not stable, frequent disconnect and hang. now swap back to Maxis Thomson. beside that http://my.asus.com/Networks/Wireless_Routers/RTN66U/ also support maxis home fiber but also not stable. always disconnect
Hmm, so you don't face any disconnections when you're on the Thomson router? There is a common and known problem at the moment with Maxis where the DNS servers just dies intermittently for those with public IPs. From my last update with them, they're still fixing it but with no timeline.

Not sure if configuring the primary and secondary DNS to OpenDNS or Google's DNS would help, but you can try.
+Quote Post
barca96
post Aug 31 2012, 12:54 PM

On my way

QUOTE(sayboon @ Aug 31 2012, 11:59 AM)
Hmm, so you don't face any disconnections when you're on the Thomson router? There is a common and known problem at the moment with Maxis where the DNS servers just dies intermittently for those with public IPs. From my last update with them, they're still fixing it but with no timeline.

Not sure if configuring the primary and secondary DNS to OpenDNS or Google's DNS would help, but you can try.
I'm also wondering if this will solve the router issue.
This router issue is huge because yeah you will have speed (10mb) but what is the point if the router keeps on dying?
I need a stable internet for work.

How come Maxis/Unifi looks so complicated to use?
I am an IT noob and with Streamyx we just have to switch the modem on/off.
Why is there a firmware and all that for Maxis/Unifi?

+Quote Post
chingloong83
post Aug 31 2012, 01:53 PM

i sign up this package middle of june, but facing disconnection every hour, since i lodge the report to MCMC, the maxis finally taking serious of my case. i don think they do their job in preventing that.

in my side what i do is:
1. change the MaxisBB user to superadmin
2. disable remote assistance
3. activateUPnP and activate Extended security at game & application sharing page
4. firewall all make sure disable
5. in wireless config part, i use channel 11(what the Maxis ask me to set), default is set to auto.
6. use public ip address

7. normally i will watch PPS and use the bit torrent, by default the port will be 50000++, i set it all to be use port 80.

then the connection quite stable already. now concurently 4 user watch pps in the same time with no problem of disconnection.

* but i figure out when the thomson router up time near 48 hour it will disconnect. or the thomson router data transferd reach 20GB/20GB it will disconnect.

hope you can try this settting on your site.

Added on August 31, 2012, 1:57 pm

the disconnection also will happen near 48 hour or the total data send and received near 40GB in 2 days. i was try 4 user watch pps and youtube in for 2 days. the disconnection happen during it reach its data capacity limited

This post has been edited by chingloong83: Aug 31 2012, 01:57 PM
+Quote Post
sayboon
post Aug 31 2012, 07:27 PM

QUOTE(chingloong83 @ Aug 31 2012, 01:53 PM)
i sign up this package middle of june, but facing disconnection every hour, since i lodge the report to MCMC, the maxis finally taking serious of my case. i don think they do their job in preventing that.

in my side what i do is:
1. change the MaxisBB user to superadmin
2. disable remote assistance
3. activateUPnP and activate Extended security at game & application sharing page
4. firewall all make sure disable
5. in wireless config part, i use channel 11(what the Maxis ask me to set), default is set to auto.
6. use public ip address

7. normally i will watch PPS and use the bit torrent, by default the port will be 50000++, i set it all to be use port 80.

then the connection quite stable already. now concurently 4 user watch pps in the same time with no problem of disconnection.

* but i figure out when the thomson router up time near 48 hour it will disconnect. or the thomson router data transferd reach 20GB/20GB it will disconnect.

hope you can try this settting on your site.

Added on August 31, 2012, 1:57 pm

the disconnection also will happen near 48 hour or the total data send and received near 40GB in 2 days. i was try 4 user watch pps and youtube in  for 2 days. the disconnection happen during it reach its data capacity limited
Thanks for the info chingloong, glad to know it's not the consumer's fault. Hopefully maxis will wise up and fix this prob soon!! vmad.gif
+Quote Post
blade63
post Sep 6 2012, 10:37 AM

QUOTE(benlye @ Aug 25 2012, 10:12 AM)
I'd like to highlight for those that have already on OpenWRT you will need to 1st flash it back to this firmware 1st http://www.tp-link.com.my/resources/softwa...82817292310.zip

before flashing it to the German firmware.

This link will confirm what i say http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1...iginal.firmware

because the German firmware contains the boot loader which will brick the device if you flash it from OpenWRT to prevent it you have to use one firmware with out the word 'Boot' on the filename
Apology first as I quite noob in this matters. For clarification...If I buy the latest V1.9 of the TP-LINK 1043 then I need to do the following steps.

Steps :

1. FLASH as suggested by Benlye

2. Flash the german version

3. Flash Open wrt (FACTORY)

4. Finally TP LINK upgrade.

please confirm and thanks
+Quote Post
sayboon
post Sep 6 2012, 09:55 PM

QUOTE(blade63 @ Sep 6 2012, 10:37 AM)
Apology first as I quite noob in this matters. For clarification...If I buy the latest V1.9 of the TP-LINK 1043 then I need to do the following steps.

Steps :

Hi,

The steps I've described above is what has worked for me for this model and versions 1.8 and 1.9. So if you followed the instructions above you should be fine.

What benlye said needn't be done was that you don't need to flash with OpenWRT factory firmware but directly to the sys upgrade firmeware after you have restored it to the original German TP Link firmware.

Hope that clears it up for you.
+Quote Post
blade63
post Sep 7 2012, 03:15 PM

QUOTE(sayboon @ Sep 6 2012, 09:55 PM)
Hi,

The steps I've described above is what has worked for me for this model and versions 1.8 and 1.9. So if you followed the instructions above you should be fine.

What benlye said needn't be done was that you don't need to flash with OpenWRT factory firmware but directly to the sys upgrade firmeware after you have restored it to the original German TP Link firmware.

Hope that clears it up for you.
OK will try as per your steps. Thank you very much for all the efforts.

cheers
+Quote Post
sayboon
post Sep 7 2012, 06:14 PM

QUOTE(blade63 @ Sep 7 2012, 03:15 PM)
OK will try as per your steps. Thank you very much for all the efforts.

cheers
Sure no prob, do let me know how it goes at the end.
+Quote Post
benlye
post Sep 8 2012, 04:57 PM

The alternate person

QUOTE(blade63 @ Sep 6 2012, 10:37 AM)

Steps :

You don't need to do step 1 if you haven't flashed it to OpenWRT.
Just go with step 2 n 3.

Step 4 is not needed as the FACTORY firmware is already the latest.

step 1 is only required if your router is already in OpenWRT
+Quote Post
totally_skint
post Sep 8 2012, 10:50 PM

On my way

How do I go from DD-WRT to Openwrt?
+Quote Post
sayboon
post Sep 13 2012, 10:58 AM

QUOTE(totally_skint @ Sep 8 2012, 10:50 PM)
How do I go from DD-WRT to Openwrt?
There is actually a specific file which you need to use for DDWRT to flash it back to the TP-Link firmware. Let me try to see if I still have that file later when I'm home.
+Quote Post
totally_skint
post Sep 14 2012, 09:50 AM

On my way

QUOTE(sayboon @ Sep 13 2012, 10:58 AM)
There is actually a specific file which you need to use for DDWRT to flash it back to the TP-Link firmware. Let me try to see if I still have that file later when I'm home.
I got the revert file off klseet's site.
Thanks.
+Quote Post
debbierowe
post Sep 14 2012, 09:33 PM

so fast 6 stars di...

maxis only? unifi can?
+Quote Post
sayboon
post Sep 14 2012, 09:41 PM

QUOTE(debbierowe @ Sep 14 2012, 09:33 PM)
maxis only? unifi can?
Yeap can. For UniFi, it's quite straight forward, just refer to KLSeet's page.
+Quote Post
yunodie
post Jan 1 2013, 02:00 PM

Getting Started

hi after i flashed it to the german version, i cant get to the openwrt web UI (as shown in screenshot in Page 1). Am i supposed to flash the second file in the TP Link environment or in OpenWRT environment?

tried to manually type //192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/luci but still couldnt get to the page as shown in screenshot. dont dare to flash it from tplink german version who knows it might brick it?

appreciate your help tq~!
+Quote Post
gahkin
post Jan 16 2013, 02:21 PM

Casual

anyone was success flash the openwrt with tplink wr1043nd v.1.10? i just follow by the another suggest way was make my router to become bricked after it.. anyone idea?
+Quote Post
jianwei87
post Jan 16 2013, 02:53 PM

Getting Started

How about the SIP? Will the phone still working?
+Quote Post
pisanq
post Jan 16 2013, 04:23 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(chingloong83 @ Aug 31 2012, 01:53 PM)

the disconnection also will happen near 48 hour or the total data send and received near 40GB in 2 days. i was try 4 user watch pps and youtube in  for 2 days. the disconnection happen during it reach its data capacity limited
actually Maxis HOME Fiber DHCP leased IP address will be expired every 48 hours that cause your internet connection disconnected every 2 days

+Quote Post
bsa12
post Jan 16 2013, 04:30 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jianwei87 @ Jan 16 2013, 02:53 PM)
How about the SIP? Will the phone still working?
I tried it just now. Got my Nexus 7 working on SIP.
+Quote Post
pisanq
post Jan 16 2013, 04:32 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(bsa12 @ Jan 16 2013, 04:30 PM)
I tried it just now. Got my Nexus 7 working on SIP.
i believe jianwei87 asking about the VoIP service using the stock hardware phone coming bundle with this Maxis HOME Fiber package, not the softphone..
+Quote Post
bsa12
post Jan 16 2013, 04:39 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pisanq @ Jan 16 2013, 04:32 PM)
i believe jianwei87 asking about the VoIP service using the stock hardware phone coming bundle with this Maxis HOME Fiber package, not the softphone..
stock network phone aslo working fine
+Quote Post
jianwei87
post Jan 16 2013, 05:45 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pisanq @ Jan 16 2013, 04:32 PM)
Ya, that what I need to ask. And how to flash my Linksys E3000 to OpenWRT?
+Quote Post
pisanq
post Jan 16 2013, 05:52 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(bsa12 @ Jan 16 2013, 04:39 PM)
stock network phone aslo working fine
how you connect the stock phone to TP-Link 1043ND while it don't have the phone port?
+Quote Post
gahkin
post Jan 16 2013, 08:52 PM

Casual

who can help ? my router to be brick after i flash to openwrt .. cannot ping 192.168.1.1 at all, i was success flash to german tplink.. anyone can help ?
+Quote Post
yunodie
post Jan 16 2013, 10:16 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(gahkin @ Jan 16 2013, 08:52 PM)
who can help ? my router to be brick after i flash to openwrt .. cannot ping 192.168.1.1 at all, i was success flash to german tplink.. anyone can help ?
I bricked mine too. You have to go to OpenWrt to learn about how to flash V10. The instructions in this thread is for hardware v8.

+Quote Post
gahkin
post Jan 16 2013, 10:33 PM

Casual

QUOTE(yunodie @ Jan 16 2013, 10:16 PM)
I bricked mine too. You have to go to OpenWrt to learn about how to flash V10. The instructions in this thread is for hardware v8.
might to give the link pls?
+Quote Post
bsa12
post Jan 17 2013, 02:10 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pisanq @ Jan 16 2013, 05:52 PM)
how you connect the stock phone to TP-Link 1043ND while it don't have the phone port?
Read tis bro: http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2384890
+Quote Post
pisanq
post Jan 17 2013, 02:15 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(bsa12 @ Jan 17 2013, 02:10 PM)
oh so u still using the thomson router for voip phone
+Quote Post
yunodie
post Jan 17 2013, 11:09 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(gahkin @ Jan 16 2013, 10:33 PM)
might to give the link pls?
google openwrt la
+Quote Post
lokwm
post Jan 24 2013, 01:31 AM

Getting Started

thank for the guide finally OpenWRT for TP-Link 1043ND v1.8+ on Maxis FTTH

Router Model: TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v1
Firmware Version: OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-rc1 / LuCI 0.11 Branch (0.11+svn9425)

now would like to connect thomson via port 3 for voip..any one can share the vlan setting and interface setting..

tqtq
+Quote Post
yunodie
post Feb 2 2013, 02:28 PM

Getting Started

for the benefit of others, those with 1043ND V1.10, do not flash it with this version of OpenWRT firmware. v1.10 do not work with Backfire version of OpenWrt. You would need Attitude Adjustment 12.09-rc1. The one by TS is a Backfire version which would brick your router should it be flashed. You have been warned!
+Quote Post
yunodie
post Feb 2 2013, 03:25 PM

Getting Started

Here, rooting 1043ND V1.10 to OpenWRT Attitude Adjustment 12.09rc1

First thing first, go to OpenWRT Resources for TPLink-WR1043ND and read from top to bottom.

I repeat, do not use OpenWRT Backfire 10.03.1 on V1.10! It will brick it! The OpenWRT firmware provided by TS is meant for V1.8!

Following TS's footsteps, get these files for 1043ND V1.10!

1. German FW here. (Same file as TS's)

2. OpenWRT Factory (Attitude Adjustment 12.09rc1) here.

3. OpenWRT System Upgrade here.

In a nutshell, the process is similar to TS's procedure, just that the file 2 & 3 are different. Let's begin:

Step 1: Flash from original firmware to German firmware

Attached Image
From TS's first post.

Step 2: After rebooting (now in TPLink German Firmware) Flash File No. 2 to OpenWRT firmware
Attached Image

Step 3: After rebooting (now in OpenWRT Environment) Flash File No. 3 for OpenWRT version upgrade.
Attached Image

We are done! rclxms.gif
Attached Image

Take note that after each flashing process, my NIC still able to get DHCP address from the router. If it doesn't, you would need to set static IP address on your NIC, either 192.168.1.x or 192.168.0.x. By default, my 1043ND V1.10 factory setting is 192.168.1.1.

Hope this helps! Just want to make sure those with V1.10 do not brick theirs like I did!

p.s Thank you TS for a great guide (for V1.8 that is tongue.gif )

This post has been edited by yunodie: Feb 2 2013, 03:28 PM
+Quote Post
yunodie
post Feb 3 2013, 06:28 PM

Getting Started

Another simplified guide for those using TPLink 1043ND to interface with Maxis FTTH (Huawei HG850)

Just a summary of all the guides available in LYN and KLSeet.

Reference:
KLSeet Guide for TPLink 1043ND for Unifi
Contribution by Various Forummers on LYN: (bsa12, sayboon, jssc, benlye) Pg 27)

Here is the physical configuration:
Attached Image

In a nutshell, just follow KLSeet's guide step by step with the exception of the VLAN Tagging. Use this VLAN Tagging instead:
Attached Image

Remember to change the physical setting after changing the VLAN Tag:
Attached Image

Remember to disable Wifi (WLAN) on Thompson Router. LAN2, 3 & 4 on TPLink 1043ND can be used for Internet.

There you go. Hope it helps!

This post has been edited by yunodie: Feb 3 2013, 06:29 PM
+Quote Post
ddonchev
post Apr 3 2013, 05:04 AM

Thank you for the guide! Just flashed a v.1.8 with openWrt notworthy.gif
Did downgrade to german rom, and then directly to Attitude Adjustment 12.09-beta2.
Works like a charm!
+Quote Post
jianwei87
post Apr 3 2013, 10:14 AM

Getting Started

But is this working for alcatel lucent btu? i'm following the klseet guide everything is working expect the voip. sad.gif

This post has been edited by jianwei87: Apr 3 2013, 10:14 AM
+Quote Post
philipcs
post Apr 3 2013, 03:00 PM

Regular

QUOTE(jianwei87 @ Apr 3 2013, 10:14 AM)
But is this working for alcatel lucent btu? i'm following the klseet guide everything is working expect the voip.  sad.gif
I am also using Alcatel Lucent BTU. I followed yunodie setup above and VOIP works
+Quote Post
jianwei87
post Apr 3 2013, 04:15 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(philipcs @ Apr 3 2013, 03:00 PM)
I am also using Alcatel Lucent BTU. I followed yunodie setup above and VOIP works
I'm using TL-WDR4300 not sure the TP-Link 1043ND are same or not.

Thomson router was connected to LAN1, and wifi was disable. It was used for VoIP, just same setup as jssc in page 9 here: http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2384890/+200
So I should connect my TP-Link router to Thomson from LAN1 to WAN or LAN1 to LAN1

This post has been edited by jianwei87: Apr 3 2013, 04:19 PM
+Quote Post
philipcs
post Apr 3 2013, 04:33 PM

Regular

QUOTE(jianwei87 @ Apr 3 2013, 04:15 PM)
I'm using TL-WDR4300 not sure the TP-Link 1043ND are same or not.
So I should connect my TP-Link router to Thomson from LAN1 to WAN or LAN1 to LAN1
WDR4300 originally supports Unifi. With the correct OpenWRT firmware, it should works for Maxis FTTH.

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wdr4300
+Quote Post
yunodie
post Apr 3 2013, 06:11 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(philipcs @ Apr 3 2013, 04:33 PM)
WDR4300 originally supports Unifi. With the correct OpenWRT firmware, it should works for Maxis FTTH.

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wdr4300
yup, as long as you can it root it to any custom firmware that supports VLAN Tagging, it will work.
+Quote Post
jianwei87
post Apr 3 2013, 07:25 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(yunodie @ Apr 3 2013, 06:11 PM)
yup, as long as you can it root it to any custom firmware that supports VLAN Tagging, it will work.
Already flashed to openwrt mean rooted?
+Quote Post
philipcs
post Apr 3 2013, 08:03 PM

Regular

QUOTE(jianwei87 @ Apr 3 2013, 07:25 PM)
Already flashed to openwrt mean rooted?
Yes. You can set the vlan manually under network, switch.

This post has been edited by philipcs: Apr 3 2013, 08:03 PM
+Quote Post
jianwei87
post Apr 5 2013, 03:02 PM

Getting Started

I follow klseet guide @ TL-WDR4300 and configure the voip setting following like below but I still unable to use the voip serive. Seem the Thomson router doesn't get any connection from the TP-Link and I can see the Thomson router keep trying to connect to the internet.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by jianwei87: Apr 8 2013, 04:52 PM
+Quote Post
Zenax
post Apr 23 2013, 08:24 PM

Getting Started

Is there anyway to unbrick the v1.1 with backfire? =.=
+Quote Post
kampungrobert
post May 1 2013, 12:11 PM

Good Morning ,
I have a TL-WRT1043ND router Ver 1.10 and not able to find Hardware version, as I understood from that this should be then Hardware version 1.
Have installed OpenWRT in total 3 files :
German stock firmware (v3.9.17)
- attitude_adjustment 12.09-rc2 and
attitude_adjustment 12.09-rc2 and able to able access my router TL-WRT1043ND

I guess that it is my age (59) but I a losing it on the configuration and explanation, first the first of all on many images that I have seen on the internet in the part Internet -> Swith VLAN witch is starting with PORT 1 -2-3-4-5-CPU however on my installed OpenWRT it starts with PORT 0-1-2-3-4-CPU so I guess something is already wrong on my side, having said this most images are related to HARDWARE VERSION 1.8

My main goal is to get connect to UNIFI Malaysia (20MB connection) I know that Unifi provides a IPTV package but to honest I don’t need this IPTV connection all.

The bottom line, I like get connected to UNIFI with OPENWRT and I am really begging f someone can assist me in to get connect to Unifi. I know it is labor day (May 1) but will be great full if somebody can assist me.

In advance thank you for reading.
+Quote Post
yunodie
post May 1 2013, 05:11 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kampungrobert @ May 1 2013, 12:11 PM)
Good Morning ,
I have a TL-WRT1043ND router Ver 1.10 and not able to find Hardware version, as I understood from that this should be then Hardware version 1.
Have installed OpenWRT in total 3 files :
German stock firmware (v3.9.17)
- attitude_adjustment 12.09-rc2 and
attitude_adjustment 12.09-rc2 and able to able access my router TL-WRT1043ND

I guess that it is my age (59) but I a losing it on the configuration and explanation, first the first of all on many images that I have seen on the internet in the part Internet -> Swith VLAN witch is starting with PORT 1 -2-3-4-5-CPU however on my installed OpenWRT  it starts with PORT 0-1-2-3-4-CPU so I guess something is already wrong on my side, having said this most images are related to HARDWARE VERSION 1.8

My main goal is to get connect to UNIFI Malaysia (20MB connection) I know that Unifi provides a IPTV package but to honest I don’t need this IPTV connection all.

The bottom line, I like get connected to UNIFI with OPENWRT and I am really begging f someone can assist me in to get connect to Unifi. I know it is labor day (May 1) but will be great full if somebody can assist me.

In advance thank you for reading.
Regardless of the Hardware Version, the VLAN Tagging setting should be the same. For TM Unifi, you can follow KLSeet's guide here.

This post has been edited by yunodie: May 1 2013, 05:11 PM
+Quote Post
mrchloo
post May 1 2013, 06:24 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Zenax @ Apr 23 2013, 08:24 PM)
Is there anyway to unbrick the v1.1 with backfire? =.=
yes, send for warranty 1 to 1 exchange like what I did tongue.gif or unbrick by follow the guide

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1...losing.the.case
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=38424

ttl to usb:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p20...cat=0&_from=R40

This post has been edited by mrchloo: May 1 2013, 06:30 PM
+Quote Post
Zenax
post May 4 2013, 04:34 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mrchloo @ May 1 2013, 06:24 PM)
Thanks for the reply. I just unbricked it myself smile.gif
+Quote Post
yunodie
post May 5 2013, 10:54 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Zenax @ May 4 2013, 04:34 PM)
Thanks for the reply. I just unbricked it myself smile.gif
perhaps you can post a unbrick guide? for me i did the same, send it back to tplink for one for one replacement smile.gif
+Quote Post
Zenax
post May 6 2013, 10:41 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(yunodie @ May 5 2013, 10:54 AM)
perhaps you can post a unbrick guide? for me i did the same, send it back to tplink for one for one replacement smile.gif
I followed the steps in this URL: https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=38424

Notes:
1. You will need to have a USB to TTL converter or cable
2. You will need purchase header pin (total needed is 4) & solder them onto the router pcb board
3. Connect computer router to computer and follow steps shown in URL

That is it smile.gif
+Quote Post
milky
post May 8 2013, 09:09 PM

- King Of Spammer -

anybody know how to install QOS on to OPENWRT?

+Quote Post
philipcs
post May 10 2013, 04:38 PM

Regular

QUOTE(milky @ May 8 2013, 09:09 PM)
anybody know how to install QOS on to OPENWRT?
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/qos
+Quote Post
milky
post May 11 2013, 10:12 AM

- King Of Spammer -

QUOTE(philipcs @ May 10 2013, 04:38 PM)
i read those few weeks ago.. i dont quite understand on this part

Quick start guide
1. Install the qos-scripts package:

opkg install qos-scripts
2. Basic configuration using UCI command line:

uci set qos.wan.upload=1000            # Upload speed in kBits/s
uci set qos.wan.download=16000        # Download speed in kBits/s
uci set qos.wan.enabled=1
uci commit qos
3. Start it and look for error output and test):

/etc/init.d/qos start
4. Make script run at every boot up:

/etc/init.d/qos enable

where do i put the "opkg install qos-scripts"?
+Quote Post
milky
post May 13 2013, 11:24 PM

- King Of Spammer -

any thoughts guys?
+Quote Post
kenjixx
post May 14 2013, 08:50 AM

▲tryangleおじさん

QUOTE(milky @ May 13 2013, 11:24 PM)
any thoughts guys?
i thought this page is available by default?
user posted image
+Quote Post
milky
post May 14 2013, 09:53 AM

- King Of Spammer -

my 1043wrt is the newest version v1.10 on the router...

so i'm not using backfire..
i'm using attitude adjustment.. i dont see any default setting on my router,,
+Quote Post
kenjixx
post May 14 2013, 10:59 AM

▲tryangleおじさん

QUOTE(milky @ May 14 2013, 09:53 AM)
my 1043wrt is the newest version v1.10 on the router...

so i'm not using backfire..
i'm using attitude adjustment.. i dont see any default setting on my router,,
attitude adjustment has it also.
user posted image
+Quote Post
milky
post May 14 2013, 11:38 AM

- King Of Spammer -

QUOTE(kenjixx @ May 14 2013, 10:59 AM)
attitude adjustment has it also.
user posted image
LOL.. dam strange.. my attitude adjustment until etc, firewall diagnostic... no QOS
+Quote Post
yunodie
post May 14 2013, 01:17 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(milky @ May 14 2013, 11:38 AM)
LOL.. dam strange.. my attitude adjustment until  etc, firewall diagnostic... no QOS 
just found out that Attitude Adjustment need to install additional package for DDNS when I was looking for it for CCTV config. Is it the same for QOS? You need to install additional files?
+Quote Post
milky
post May 14 2013, 01:54 PM

- King Of Spammer -

QUOTE(yunodie @ May 14 2013, 01:17 PM)
just found out that Attitude Adjustment need to install additional package for DDNS when I was looking for it for CCTV config. Is it the same for QOS? You need to install additional files?
how do you install additional files?
+Quote Post
yunodie
post May 14 2013, 02:11 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(milky @ May 14 2013, 01:54 PM)
how  do you  install additional files?
searched on OpenWrt, went back to where you started

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/qos

I guess you have do it via trial and error. No one in this forum has done it before apparently. You will be the first one, good luck and maybe you can document it here if you are successful.
+Quote Post
philipcs
post May 14 2013, 03:36 PM

Regular

QUOTE(milky @ May 11 2013, 10:12 AM)
i read those few weeks ago.. i dont quite understand on this part
where do i put the  "opkg install qos-scripts"?
"opkg install qos-scripts" is the command to use if you are SSH into your router.

Can't you find the below option for QOS-Scripts installation in GUI?

Also remember to update the package list before search for "QOS"

Attached Image

This post has been edited by philipcs: May 14 2013, 03:41 PM
+Quote Post
milky
post May 14 2013, 11:42 PM

- King Of Spammer -

QUOTE(philipcs @ May 14 2013, 03:36 PM)
"opkg install qos-scripts" is the command to use if you are SSH into your router.

Can't you find the below option for QOS-Scripts installation in GUI?

Also remember to update the package list before search for "QOS"

Attached Image
thanks man.. already install the QOS package via GUI..but i cant seem to see any QOS tab
i've restarted the modem also

This post has been edited by milky: May 14 2013, 11:43 PM
+Quote Post
milky
post May 14 2013, 11:51 PM

- King Of Spammer -

nvm... after remove & reinstall got it already.. thanks man
+Quote Post
philipcs
post May 15 2013, 12:09 AM

Regular

QUOTE(milky @ May 14 2013, 11:51 PM)
nvm... after remove & reinstall got it already.. thanks man
That's great to hear smile.gif
+Quote Post
milky
post May 15 2013, 12:15 AM

- King Of Spammer -

QUOTE(philipcs @ May 15 2013, 12:09 AM)
That's great to hear smile.gif
thanks.. but now learning how to use it.. favour to me..xD

Attached Image

let say my ip is 192.168.1.130

at the bottom i put
Express
Source & destination i put 192.168.1.130

at the download & upload do i need to set?

+Quote Post
kaisam
post May 15 2013, 01:35 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(milky @ May 15 2013, 12:15 AM)
thanks.. but now learning how to use it.. favour to me..xD
Attached Image

let say my ip is 192.168.1.130

at the bottom i put
Express
Source & destination i put 192.168.1.130
refer klseet website ....

http://klseet.com/index.php/tl-wr1043nd-ve...unifi-10031-rc6

or

http://www.klseet.com/index.php/rt-n10-c1/...openwrt-a-unifi

Thank you. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by kaisam: May 15 2013, 01:44 AM
+Quote Post
mastermindsos
post May 16 2013, 11:15 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(milky @ May 15 2013, 12:15 AM)
set it to a little lower speed than your subscribed internet package.
you can test download and upload speed at speedtest.net
take note,the unit in speedtest.net is mbps.

you can do a little more reading at here.

BTW, does anyone of you managed to revert back to stock firmware from OPENWRT?
I just couldn't do it.
It failed at image file validation. It gave error, "Image is not correct" something like that.
I never able to get to this page.
user posted image
Picture snipped from Klseet site.

I have tried 3 times.
1st, when I was using tplink 1043nd v1.8 with backfire 10.03.1 = failed, i forced from ssh, then I bricked it. Send for warranty claim.

2nd, i got back my router, installed altitude adjustment 12.09 beta, try to revert = failed, i forced from ssh, I bricked it again. Send for warranty claim.

3rd, just got my router back a week ago. They gave me a new one v1.10. Installed altitude adjustment 12.09 latest, revert = failed. This time, I don't dare to forced revert from ssh anymore.
Well, I just want to try to revert for the sake of knowledge.
I have bought a usb-ttl just in case I might brick it again.

Any inputs guys where did i do wrong?
Just for information, I downgraded my stock tplink firmware to german firmware.
Then, i installed OpenWRT.
When I want to revert, I downloaded tplink firmware that only contains the word "up" in the filename.
user posted image
+Quote Post
mrchloo
post May 19 2013, 06:52 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mastermindsos @ May 16 2013, 11:15 AM)
set it to a little lower speed than your subscribed internet package.
you can test download and upload speed at speedtest.net
take note,the unit in speedtest.net is mbps.

you can do a little more reading at here.

BTW, does anyone of you managed to revert back to stock firmware from OPENWRT?
I just couldn't do it.
It failed at image file validation. It gave error, "Image is not correct" something like that.
I never able to get to this page.
user posted image

I have tried 3 times.
1st, when I was using tplink 1043nd v1.8 with backfire 10.03.1 = failed, i forced from ssh, then I bricked it. Send for warranty claim.

2nd, i got back my router, installed altitude adjustment 12.09 beta, try to revert = failed, i forced from ssh, I bricked it again. Send for warranty claim.

3rd, just got my router back a week ago. They gave me a new one v1.10. Installed altitude adjustment 12.09 latest, revert = failed. This time, I don't dare to forced revert from ssh anymore.
Well, I just want to try to revert for the sake of knowledge.
I have bought a usb-ttl just in case I might brick it again.

Any inputs guys where did i do wrong?
Just for information, I downgraded my stock tplink firmware to german firmware.
Then, i installed OpenWRT.
When I want to revert, I downloaded tplink firmware that only contains the word "up" in the filename.
user posted image
normally revert back to stock firmware is very simple get the correct stock firmware without "boot" in the file name then goto backup/flash firmware page flash with patiently until the tplink came up or after long wait if tplink configuration page not come out try to refresh web page do not restart the router. i bricked it two times both were in same fault my advice is must wait until tplink configuration page come out.
+Quote Post
mastermindsos
post May 20 2013, 11:10 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mrchloo @ May 19 2013, 06:52 PM)
normally revert back to stock firmware is very simple get the correct stock firmware without "boot" in the file name then goto backup/flash firmware page flash with patiently until the tplink came up or  after long wait if tplink configuration page not come out try to refresh web page do not restart the router. i bricked it two times both were in same fault my advice is must wait until tplink configuration page come out.
thanks for your reply. do u flash it via interface or commandline?

the thing is, when i upload the image file, it always said wrong image file/ image file is incorrect.
i will upload the picture after work so that you guys are more clear with what i'm trying to say.
+Quote Post
jianwei87
post May 20 2013, 11:19 AM

Getting Started

As for klseet using the openwrt firmware, how we going to use the ddwrt as same setting as this? I try the klseet ddwrt setting before, not working for me. cry.gif

Attached Image
+Quote Post
mrchloo
post May 20 2013, 08:45 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mastermindsos @ May 20 2013, 11:10 AM)
thanks for your reply. do u flash it via interface or commandline?

the thing is, when i upload the image file, it always said wrong image file/ image file is incorrect.
i will upload the picture after work so that you guys are more clear with what i'm  trying to say.
i flash it via interface

here the link for unifi stock firmware https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=%2Bz3o...gE5s9j/z3mhc%3D

This post has been edited by mrchloo: May 20 2013, 08:54 PM
+Quote Post
mastermindsos
post May 21 2013, 11:28 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mrchloo @ May 20 2013, 08:45 PM)
i flash it via interface

here the link for unifi stock firmware https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=%2Bz3o...gE5s9j/z3mhc%3D
Attached Image
Got this error message by using the image file above.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Edited-

Revert via ssh. Solved.

This post has been edited by mastermindsos: Jul 9 2013, 03:27 PM
+Quote Post
lokwm
post Jun 2 2013, 08:01 PM

Getting Started

hi sifu,

may i know the best mtu value?

1492 or 1500? tongue.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mastermindsos
post Jun 3 2013, 01:53 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lokwm @ Jun 2 2013, 08:01 PM)
hi sifu,

may i know the best mtu value?

1492 or 1500? tongue.gif
Wow I did not know about this. Very interesting. Might give this a try when i go home.

mtu

I tried this yesterday. With both MTU values set in WAN, i can still ping google without any packet loss.
But, by using the command,

ping -f -l 1472 www.google.com --->1472+28 = 1500, this one fails.
ping -f -l 1464 www.google.com --->1464+28 = 1492, success (1465 and above fail).

Why I can still ping www.google.com when I used mtu 1500, but with this command ping -f -l 1472 www.google.com it failed? Aren't they the same thing?

This post has been edited by mastermindsos: Jun 5 2013, 02:33 PM
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1262sec    0.54    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 05:03 AM