Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

64 Pages « < 39 40 41 42 43 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Travelling Tips & airport/airline rules, Thing to bring & things to avoid

views

PuRp13
post Sep 28 2014, 07:40 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

Hi guys, I m travelling to India for further studies in one week time. I m just wandering can we put food product such as milo (in Tupperware ) , and electric appliances such as mini rice cooker & hair dryer in our hand carry bag?
Thanks in advance smile.gif
moveslowly
post Sep 28 2014, 08:39 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(youngman28 @ Sep 28 2014, 06:06 PM)
Point 2, i will left out my ic for oversea travel, what the hell u need ic if u have a passport?

Point 7
Shall be upgrade to smart phone + reliable power bank
Losing passport is much more troublesome than losing your IC. Because passport is worth much more.

When you up against authority that ask for identification, usually what they want to see is a card with a picture that can prove your identity.

When I'm walking around the busy streets, I never carried anything else other than my IC, Cash, and CC.

But powerbank is a good idea. I will add that up in your name smile.gif

Thanks for the contribution.

This post has been edited by moveslowly: Sep 28 2014, 08:42 PM
munkeyflo
post Sep 28 2014, 09:04 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

I don't bring my IC if I'm traveling out of the country. I bring a photocopy of my passport and passport photos and keep it separate from where I keep my passport. Will bring my driving license if I need to drive.

ATM card, credit card is a must. Powerbank is another must. Travel insurance card and also emergency contact information. Slippers. Quick dry towel of a medium size, not too small so can use as a bath towel if needed but not too big that it'll take up too much space. Sunglasses and sunblock for protection against the sun. Small umbrella or raincoat if you're expected to be outside a lot and weather forecast isn't very good. Snacks and water bottle. Extra padlocks. Insect repellent, deepheat, plasters, nail clipper, earplug, panadol, painkiller, diarrhea meds, and vitamin C effervescent.

Always keep your passport and important documents in a ziplock bag or something that is water resistant.
PuRp13
post Sep 28 2014, 11:36 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

Hi guys, I m travelling to India for further studies in one week time. I m just wandering can we put food product such as milo (in Tupperware ) , and electric appliances such as mini rice cooker & hair dryer in our hand carry bag?
Thanks in advance smile.gif
PuRp13
post Sep 29 2014, 09:15 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

Thanks in advance
puttagunta_h
post Sep 29 2014, 09:22 AM

30 posts

you can put the Milo powder but not the rice cooker. It has to fit in the hand luggage dimensions. it is advisable to put them in check-in luggage and ask the ground staff to put a "fragile" sticker. If the luggage handlers see this, they will not throw the bags.
sochaikeong
post Sep 29 2014, 09:56 AM

Getting Started
270 posts

you can bring anything dry in your hand luggage. And at most you can bring like 7-8 kilos for hand-carry. I think yes, you can bring electric appliances too..Are they new? If they are then its advisable to bring along your receipt (just in case) and if they are just old used products then I think its fine..
PuRp13
post Sep 29 2014, 10:15 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(puttagunta_h @ Sep 29 2014, 09:22 AM)
you can put the Milo powder but not the rice cooker. It has to fit in the hand luggage dimensions. it is advisable to put them in check-in luggage and ask the ground staff to put a "fragile" sticker. If the luggage handlers see this, they will not throw the bags.
My rice cooker is really mini one, only 1kg.
FYI, I m going to take domestic flight by jet airway also. So the restrictions for the hand baggagea is it still the same ?
PuRp13
post Sep 29 2014, 10:19 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(sochaikeong @ Sep 29 2014, 09:56 AM)
you can bring anything dry in your hand luggage. And at most you can bring like 7-8 kilos for hand-carry. I think yes, you can bring electric appliances too..Are they new? If they are then its advisable to bring along your receipt (just in case) and if they are just old used products then I think its fine..
How about herbal (Chinese medicine ) and power bank?
Yes the rice cooker is new one, so I have to bring along the receipt ya? Will it triggers the alarm when passing thru the security check?
JohnJon82
post Sep 29 2014, 12:28 PM

Enthusiast
716 posts

The 100ml container restriction apply to your tupperware as well if they follow the rules.
sochaikeong
post Sep 29 2014, 06:30 PM

Getting Started
270 posts

QUOTE(PuRp13 @ Sep 29 2014, 10:19 AM)
How about herbal (Chinese medicine ) and power bank?
Yes the rice cooker is new one, so I have to bring along the receipt ya? Will it triggers the alarm when passing thru the security check?
Is it dry the chinese medicine? or powder form? If its not too big the packet I think its better to put it in your luggage.
Or something like HO YAN HOR?
Nothing can go wrong if you bring your receipt along (as a proof) but usually you dont really need it unless you are coming back to Malaysia from India. But why not, right?
And No, it wont triggers the alarm when passing thru the security check.

QUOTE(JohnJon82 @ Sep 29 2014, 12:28 PM)
The 100ml container restriction apply to your tupperware as well if they follow the rules.
Why do you say so? 100ml container restriction apply to tupperware too? I thought it only applies to gel and liquid bottles. So I can't even bring an empty 200ml tupperware in my hand-carry?
munkeyflo
post Sep 29 2014, 06:48 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

Milo (dry products) - Yes
Mini rice cooker, hair dryer and other electric appliances - Yes, as long as there are no sharp objects like a chain saw. Receipt or not, I don't think it matters. Not like you're bringing in 10 of it to sell there also. If it's for own use, shouldn't have any problem with the customs.
Chinese herbal medicine (dry products) - Yes
Powerbank - Yes and advisable to hand carry. By right, any battery that is not attached to the item/gadget means you must hand carry.

What do you mean trigger the alarm when you pass thru the security check? You don't carry the rice cooker with you when you go thru the body scanner. The alarm will only sound if you have any metal objects with you on your body. As long as your hand carry got no gel and liquid more than 100ml and no sharp items, you are good to go. Do check with the food restrictions to bring into India (if there is any).
munkeyflo
post Sep 29 2014, 06:49 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(JohnJon82 @ Sep 29 2014, 12:28 PM)
I bring my 600ml empty water bottle everytime I travel wor.
10&Counting
post Sep 29 2014, 08:46 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(PuRp13 @ Sep 29 2014, 10:15 AM)
My rice cooker is really mini one, only 1kg.
FYI, I m going to take domestic flight  by jet airway also. So the restrictions for the hand baggagea is it still the same ?
I hand carried my mini rice cooker from Malaysia to Amsterdam and to S America for my 5 weeks trip. (6 different airlines & many airports) Had no problem at any of the airports except one but once they saw what it was, they smiled and said okay, no problem. I even put the mini rice cooker inside a round metal container to protect it.
Bring along yr receipt just in case. I think dry stuff like Milo etc you can checked in. Carry the dry stuffs in their original packing

Attached Image

Just bought a 1.2L mini rice cooker from Kunming and hand carried it back, again no problem.

Attached Image
merci
post Sep 29 2014, 09:28 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(10&Counting @ Sep 29 2014, 08:46 PM)
I hand carried my mini rice cooker from Malaysia to Amsterdam and to S America for my 5 weeks trip. (6 different airlines & many airports) Had no problem at any of the airports except one but once they saw what it was, they smiled and said okay, no problem. I even put the mini rice cooker inside a round metal container to protect it.
Bring along yr receipt just in case. I think dry stuff like Milo etc you can checked in. Carry the dry stuffs in their original packing

Attached Image
Just bought a 1.2L mini rice cooker from Kunming and hand carried it back, again no problem.

Attached Image
Hi,
You've nice rice cooker. Is it dual voltage - 11ov and 220 V? I plan to bring it to japan but all that are sold in msia is 220 v and cannot be used in japan.

Do you happen to know any shops that sell 110v/220 vrice cooker (eg the dual voltage iron). Thanks
10&Counting
post Sep 29 2014, 09:49 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(merci @ Sep 29 2014, 09:28 PM)
Hi,
You've nice rice cooker. Is it dual voltage - 11ov and 220 V? I plan to bring it to japan but all that are sold in msia is 220 v and cannot be used in japan.

Do you happen to know any shops that sell 110v/220 vrice cooker (eg the dual voltage iron). Thanks
I don't think there's any dual voltage mini rice cooker. Maybe you need to buy an adapter.

JohnJon82
post Sep 29 2014, 10:03 PM

Enthusiast
716 posts

QUOTE(sochaikeong @ Sep 29 2014, 06:30 PM)
Why do you say so? 100ml container restriction apply to tupperware too? I thought it only applies to gel and liquid bottles. So I can't even bring an empty 200ml tupperware in my hand-carry?
Empty can, empty bottle also can. 3-1-1 limit is to prevent liquid bomb, they don't want any container big enough to hold the mixing during flight to produce enough explosive to kabom the plane. Some airport classified powder into the 3-1-1 LAG, although TSA allow powder to be carried on board. Sometime I bring coffee powder in glass jar as carry on, some airport never asked, some asked and open to smell.

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Sep 29 2014, 06:49 PM)
I bring my 600ml empty water bottle everytime I travel wor.
Empty can. Try a 2 liter water bottle tongue.gif .
sochaikeong
post Sep 29 2014, 10:26 PM

Getting Started
270 posts

QUOTE(JohnJon82 @ Sep 29 2014, 10:03 PM)
Empty can, empty bottle also can. 3-1-1 limit is to prevent liquid bomb, they don't want any container big enough to hold the mixing during flight to produce enough explosive to kabom the plane. Some airport classified powder into the 3-1-1 LAG, although TSA allow powder to be carried on board. Sometime I bring coffee powder in glass jar as carry on, some airport never asked, some asked and open to smell.
Empty can. Try a 2 liter water bottle tongue.gif .
Ohh.. okey make sense la actually..
Understood biggrin.gif
PuRp13
post Sep 29 2014, 10:27 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

[quote=sochaikeong,Sep 29 2014, 06:30 PM]
Is it dry the chinese medicine? or powder form? If its not too big the packet I think its better to put it in your luggage.
Or something like HO YAN HOR?
Nothing can go wrong if you bring your receipt along (as a proof) but usually you dont really need it unless you are coming back to Malaysia from India. But why not, right?
And No, it wont triggers the alarm when passing thru the security check.

These are the things that I wish to put in my hand carry bag. Should be okay right?

Attached Image Attached Image
PuRp13
post Sep 29 2014, 10:29 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Sep 29 2014, 06:48 PM)
Milo (dry products) - Yes
Mini rice cooker, hair dryer and other electric appliances - Yes, as long as there are no sharp objects like a chain saw. Receipt or not, I don't think it matters. Not like you're bringing in 10 of it to sell there also. If it's for own use, shouldn't have any problem with the customs.
Chinese herbal medicine (dry products) - Yes
Powerbank - Yes and advisable to hand carry. By right, any battery that is not attached to the item/gadget means you must hand carry.
What do you mean trigger the alarm when you pass thru the security check? You don't carry the rice cooker with you when you go thru the body scanner. The alarm will only sound if you have any metal objects with you on your body. As long as your hand carry got no gel and liquid more than 100ml and no sharp items, you are good to go. Do check with the food restrictions to bring into India (if there is any).
Okay I got! By the way,
The restrictions for hand carry for domestic flight should be the same right?

64 Pages « < 39 40 41 42 43 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0426sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:10 PM