3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Please help me review: FlyNow.my

views

TSMyFlyNow
post Aug 21 2012, 08:19 PM, updated 12y ago

32 posts

Dear fellow webmasters and blogmaters,

I am one of the webmaster in a team consists of 2 persons that create the website http://flynow.my. I am also an avid traveler that often find it is hard to search for cheap flight tickets. It is so troublesome that me and a friend of mine took an initiative to create a system that compile prices from multiple airlines website and display it in one simple, and easy to spot graph for the entire years. It goes through multiple iteration: from a standalone software to PlanTripNow ( you might heard this before ) to FlyNow, we improve the system design, usability and stability over and over again, and yes, it is now reaching a stage that everyone can use it to search and plan for the trip.

Four major features from FlyNow:

user posted image

1. Search for cheaper ticket for entire year
You can search for the cheapest flight ticket throughout the year and display it in one easy to spot graph. Currently we compile prices from 5 airlines in Malaysia -
Airasia, Jetstar, MAS, Tiger Airways, and Fireflyz.

2. Plan you itinerary
You can add multiple flight widgets and check the price once, and FlyNow show total price in the bar at the bottom of the screen.

3. Automatically create connecting route if there is no direct route
If there is no direct route to your destination, we find the cheapest connecting flights for you. For example, flying from Miri to Tawau. Miri to KK to Tawau route is cheaper than Miri to KL to Tawau. =)

4. Realtime price update from airlines' website
FlyNow updates the price realtime from airlines' website if existing price from our database is too old.

5. Find the best deals for any destination at any time
Often we wonder what is the best travel deals for any destination around the world. We wonder where to go if we have a week of holiday, which destination offered the best deals. FlyNow- Plan Trip Table shows you the answer.

user posted image

You can easily spot the yearly and monthly lowest price for any destination. If you enter a specific date, FlyNow calculate the total outgoing and return ticket for all the destination. You can also filter the country that you are not interested to visit. If you are an avid traveler like me, you really don't want to miss this one. =)

Fellow webmasters and blogmasters friends, I will be happy if you can help me review the site and give me any comments and suggestions on the usability and improvement. We always open for suggestion and strive for the best.

Finally, thanks for spending time reading the post.

Here is the link:
http://flynow.my

Facebook page:
http://facebook.com/myflynow

This post has been edited by MyFlyNow: Aug 26 2012, 02:19 PM
healthesick
post Aug 21 2012, 09:20 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

great!
TSMyFlyNow
post Aug 21 2012, 11:06 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(healthesick @ Aug 21 2012, 09:20 PM)
great!
Thanks.. any comments or suggestion guys? thumbup.gif
Jin23io
post Aug 21 2012, 11:31 PM

6 posts

where u guy get data from? like hipmunk get from ITA Software's QPX solution?
TSMyFlyNow
post Aug 22 2012, 12:01 AM

32 posts

QUOTE(Jin23io @ Aug 21 2012, 11:31 PM)
where u guy get data from? like hipmunk get from ITA Software's QPX solution?
We don't rely on third party software. The prices is obtained the same way you see from the airlines' website. smile.gif
axis_lua
post Aug 22 2012, 02:03 AM

Enthusiast
929 posts

EXCELLENT! HO HO . keep up the good work!!
Eguy1314
post Aug 22 2012, 04:59 AM

anixekai.com
2,910 posts

wow nice ! rclxms.gif
Jin23io
post Aug 22 2012, 06:27 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(MyFlyNow @ Aug 22 2012, 12:01 AM)
We don't rely on third party software. The prices is obtained the same way you see from the airlines' website.  smile.gif
So u guy don't earn any money at all, because based on my search, hipmuk and other earn by referring anybody to the airlines website.
darkever
post Aug 22 2012, 09:06 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(Jin23io @ Aug 22 2012, 06:27 AM)
So u guy don't earn any money at all, because based on my search, hipmuk and other earn by referring anybody to the airlines website.
thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by darkever: Aug 22 2012, 09:10 AM
sephirothvr
post Aug 22 2012, 09:34 AM

On my way
625 posts

- nice GUI. really user friendly
- very useful.
- design wise is superb. clean, n professional look.
FirezZ
post Aug 22 2012, 08:48 PM

Naise kukUpi
1,988 posts

It reminds me of 2 similar sites before...
you guys are using scraping method ? well, just to share, it is not legal to do such scraping as i did similar project before and while doing half way, it reminds me of consulting airasia for such data. Ended up, they did not allow to do so, otherwise, court letter will be sent to us biggrin.gif
According to them, the data is purely their assets and fully owned by them.
Perhaps you need to re-check with them on this matter tho. smile.gif
good luck

TSMyFlyNow
post Aug 22 2012, 09:07 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(FirezZ @ Aug 22 2012, 08:48 PM)
It reminds me of 2 similar sites before...
you guys are using scraping method ? well, just to share, it is not legal to do such scraping as i did similar project before and while doing half way, it reminds me of consulting airasia for such data. Ended up, they did not allow to do so, otherwise, court letter will be sent to us biggrin.gif
According to them, the data is purely their assets and fully owned by them.
Perhaps you need to re-check with them on this matter tho. smile.gif
good luck
We did not earn a cent from them nor we did profit from the website, what we do are merely getting more businesses for them and make others life easier. If they send us a notice to remove their data from our result, we will respect their decision. smile.gif

There are many other popular services like this, Kayak, Adioso, Momondo, etc.. but what we do is to make price hunting even easier. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by MyFlyNow: Aug 22 2012, 09:24 PM
FirezZ
post Aug 22 2012, 10:16 PM

Naise kukUpi
1,988 posts

yupe... same explanation i gave them, instead of getting more revenue for them our plan on the site is adv. free but instead, here was the reply from them tho

Dear xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for emailing AirAsia.
In response to your email, kindly be informed that we have liaise your request with our Legal Department. Unfortunately, the action you requested is against to AirAsia General Rules. Hence, we do not suggest and advise you to proceed.
We thanks for your understanding.

Just a piece of advice smile.gif
cheers
TSMyFlyNow
post Aug 22 2012, 10:32 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(FirezZ @ Aug 22 2012, 10:16 PM)
yupe... same explanation i gave them, instead of getting more revenue for them our plan on the site is adv. free but instead, here was the reply from them tho

Dear xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for emailing AirAsia.
In response to your email, kindly be informed that we have liaise your request with our Legal Department. Unfortunately, the action you requested is against to AirAsia General Rules. Hence, we do not suggest and advise you to proceed.
We thanks for your understanding.

Just a piece of advice smile.gif
cheers
Appreciate the advice. We have gone quite far that if we take Airasia off now, it will not benefit any party - the public, Airasia, and ourselves. Unless they finally send us a notice for us to remove it, we have no choice but to do so. nod.gif

Till then, really appreciate that piece of advice. We have done nothing bad but a gesture of good will for them and the public. I believe tools like our PlanTrip - to get best deals to any destination, will greatly helps the travel industry and their business and we are the one that are profitless and paying for the operation cost like hosting, etc. It is more like a community service from us. smile.gif

This post has been edited by MyFlyNow: Aug 22 2012, 10:39 PM
TSMyFlyNow
post Aug 22 2012, 11:05 PM

32 posts

Dear fellow webmasters and blogmasters, really appreciate if you can review our website and give us comments on what we miss out - features, user friendliness etc, so we can do it even better. icon_question.gif

This post has been edited by MyFlyNow: Aug 22 2012, 11:14 PM
BridgestoneRE711
post Aug 23 2012, 01:49 AM

♦ ♣ ♥ ♠
3,429 posts

great job my friend ! not sure friend or not friend but ... this is one of the best thing ever for me.

u know, steve jobs once said that the reason why the products are great are because they are doing something that they want. in this case it seems to be real, because u do something because this is what u want.

congrats.
TSMyFlyNow
post Aug 23 2012, 01:03 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(BridgestoneRE711 @ Aug 23 2012, 01:49 AM)
great job my friend ! not sure friend or not friend but ... this is one of the best thing ever for me.

u know, steve jobs once said that the reason why the products are great are because they are doing something that they want. in this case it seems to be real, because u do something because this is what u want.

congrats.
Sure, we are friend if you don't mind. thumbup.gif Thanks a lot for the compliment. If you found any bugs and missing feature, just drop us a message. =)
TSMyFlyNow
post Aug 26 2012, 02:20 PM

32 posts

Now picking up cheapest flight ticket is getting even easier. brows.gif I just finish creating calendar mode, tell me if you like it. hmm.gif
http://flynow.my

user posted image

This post has been edited by MyFlyNow: Aug 27 2012, 01:20 AM
iWill
post Aug 27 2012, 05:49 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

Since you spend so much effort to create this, the advice will be to do it the right way. I'm not sure any airlines have the API or anything similar to Google ITA, but scraping is not a way to go for sure. You will run into legal issue and getting C&D is not what you want. The data belongs to them and if you can get the consensus from them to use it then that will ease your trouble ahead. Maybe negotiate for a revenue share with them if you are really serious with your startup idea.
playerseeker
post Aug 27 2012, 08:53 AM

On my way
630 posts

QUOTE(iWill @ Aug 27 2012, 05:49 AM)
Since you spend so much effort to create this, the advice will be to do it the right way. I'm not sure any airlines have the API or anything similar to Google ITA, but scraping is not a way to go for sure. You will run into legal issue and getting C&D is not what you want. The data belongs to them and if you can get the consensus from them to use it then that will ease your trouble ahead. Maybe negotiate for a revenue share with them if you are really serious with your startup idea.
i totally agree with iWill here. You should get any legal issue settled before going ahead with it. smile.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0217sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:51 AM