Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Shell Recruitment Day (SRD), What's all about ... and Shell Lounge

views

e-fatty
post Feb 20 2018, 12:52 PM

Getting Started
197 posts

QUOTE(Kai1492 @ Feb 20 2018, 12:35 PM)
Hi i was wondering if anyone else applied, has anyone gotten any feedback aside from the one stating that they have a lot of applicants at the moment?  😅
LOL classic answer, I would suggest you look for another job in the meantime. Its been a year since I even bother to ask them...

This post has been edited by e-fatty: Feb 21 2018, 02:07 PM
TT22
post May 3 2018, 12:11 AM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(Kai1492 @ Feb 20 2018, 12:35 PM)
Hi i was wondering if anyone else applied, has anyone gotten any feedback aside from the one stating that they have a lot of applicants at the moment?  😅
Hi, may i know how long you wait to receive their reply?
feekle
post May 3 2018, 08:56 AM

Bibo ergo sum!
1,922 posts

QUOTE(whyalwaysnotme @ Oct 26 2017, 09:51 AM)
Well not gonna share my resume for obvious reasons, but for me I feel the sticking point that made my application+interview performances successful was confidence in my ability to pick up the necessary technical skills for the job and my ability to fit into the team & integrate into Shell culture on an interpersonal level. AND of course more importantly, how effective I was in relaying this message across to them.

They definitely do not care much about your technical skills. I was not asked any challenging technical questions - it was 99% situational and behavioral assessments.
No wonder some position is held by incompetent personnel.
whyalwaysnotme
post May 3 2018, 11:25 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(feekle @ May 3 2018, 08:56 AM)
No wonder some position is held by incompetent personnel.
And you would expect a graduate engineer to be fully competent in all aspects of operations in Shell?

Dont take out your failures and inability to get into Shell in snide passive-agressive comments. Graduates will learn the technical aspects over time. Non-technical abilities are being assessed during the SRD.

Stay small.
feekle
post May 3 2018, 11:41 AM

Bibo ergo sum!
1,922 posts

QUOTE(whyalwaysnotme @ May 3 2018, 11:25 AM)
And you would expect a graduate engineer to be fully competent in all aspects of operations in Shell?

Dont take out your failures and inability to get into Shell in snide passive-agressive comments. Graduates will learn the technical aspects over time. Non-technical abilities are being assessed during the SRD.

Stay small.
Nope. I was referring to those experienced ones, of course im talking from experience.
As always the pride is too strong. I wont break that.
ringxiii
post May 3 2018, 11:48 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(TT22 @ May 3 2018, 12:11 AM)
Hi, may i know how long you wait to receive their reply?
if you're applying for a technical role, don't bother waiting, more so if you're not from sarawak.
TT22
post May 3 2018, 01:20 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(ringxiii @ May 3 2018, 11:48 AM)
if you're applying for a technical role, don't bother waiting, more so if you're not from sarawak.
Haha, they need more non-technical role is it?
Ya, i am frm sarawak...
yunodie
post May 4 2018, 12:00 AM

Casual
473 posts

QUOTE(feekle @ May 3 2018, 11:41 AM)
Nope. I was referring to those experienced ones, of course im talking from experience.
As always the pride is too strong. I wont break that.
typical shell-herd mentality that the company wants in its graduates. indeed the pride is too strong and we are looking at a CEP of Letter category here. if he clocks long enough time in the company he would soon realize the world does not revolve around Shell. He didn't go thru the reorg in 2010 and 2015 which enables him to spew out all these utter nonsense about how Shell is the best company in the world to work for.

anyway as an insider i concur with you, there are a lot of questionable characters in various positions.
whyalwaysnotme
post May 5 2018, 10:29 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(yunodie @ May 4 2018, 12:00 AM)
typical shell-herd mentality that the company wants in its graduates. indeed the pride is too strong and we are looking at a CEP of Letter category here. if he clocks long enough time in the company he would soon realize the world does not revolve around Shell. He didn't go thru the reorg in 2010 and 2015 which enables him to spew out all these utter nonsense about how Shell is the best company in the world to work for.

anyway as an insider i concur with you, there are a lot of questionable characters in various positions.
LOL please try harder.

Which part of my post did I say that Shell was the best company to work for? Everyone should take pride in the work they do as that is what the majority of your adult life will be spent on. If you don't enjoy what you do, why bother doing it? Life is short, change your job. There is nothing wrong with taking pride in the company you work for.

And what is supposed to be a herd mentality for the assessment criteria for graduates? Have you ever thought that a lot of people say it is what it is because it really is the case? Don't "spew" nonsense please.

There are questionable characters in every company in the world. Apple, Amazon, Google. Why does it matter that Shell has them too? That is completely normal...

Your post just made me laugh, thanks for the entertainment.

Have a good life sir.

syafickham
post Aug 27 2018, 01:44 AM

Getting Started
202 posts

Hi guys,

I have an interview on this Tuesday at SBSC, Cyberjaya as HR Associate (Contract).

Do you guys have any tips?

Thanks biggrin.gif
Najmi2 P
post Nov 7 2019, 08:14 PM

Probation
2 posts

Hey guys. What's up. I have a question about the Shell Graduate Programme. I have completed the second online stage assessment which is the online self recorded interview somewhere in September this year. It's been quite a while but the status still remains "Review in Progress - All the Best!". Anyone have any ideas on how long it would usually take for them to get back with results?
cslai99 P
post Jun 20 2020, 07:50 PM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(Najmi2 @ Nov 7 2019, 08:14 PM)
Hey guys. What's up. I have a question about the Shell Graduate Programme. I have completed the second online stage assessment which is the online self recorded interview somewhere in September this year. It's been quite a while but the status still remains "Review in Progress - All the Best!". Anyone have any ideas on how long it would usually take for them to get back with results?
Hey Najmi ! How was everything ? Any update for your application so far ? And you applied for technical role or commercial ?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0153sec    1.02    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:38 PM